PDA

View Full Version : Hahaha, you almost got me there Mircosoft!

PhotonDrop
Apr 1, 2008, 07:50 PM
Seriously though, let me play my game now.

...wait, what? This isn't a joke? That red ring I'm seeing is real?

...fuck! ._.

McLaughlin
Apr 1, 2008, 08:08 PM
Sent my brother's in on a Monday, got it back on the Friday. Hope yours comes back quickly as well.

Zorafim
Apr 3, 2008, 03:23 PM
http://youtube.com/watch?v=xq6vlyNdM3I

Seems really common.

Nitro Vordex
Apr 3, 2008, 05:29 PM
Sometimes I'm glad I've started gaming on my PC.

PhotonDrop
Apr 3, 2008, 05:44 PM
On 2008-04-03 13:23, Zorafim wrote:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=xq6vlyNdM3I

Seems really common.

Hell yeah it's common, just last month I was wondering when my system would get it. The irony that it happened on April Fools was what got me.

Syl
Apr 3, 2008, 05:49 PM
On 2008-04-03 15:44, PhotonDrop wrote:
The irony that it happened on April Fools was what got me.

You should have unlocked an achievement for that http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

RROD is what's keeping me back from buying my own 360. It's kind of sad really

Sharkyland
Apr 3, 2008, 07:18 PM
Terrible timing, I'd say. Something bad happened to me at work, but it's over now.

Midicronica
Apr 3, 2008, 10:56 PM
You know, I have a refurbished system that's really crappy. Constant disk read errors, scratches my disks, loud grinding sounds, freezes when I have my guide and I change songs, and other small shit and I'm just waiting for it to crap out on me. I was in Wal-Mart last night and my friend has to pretty much pull me away from the glass int the electronics section because I was seriously contemplating purchasing the 360 Elite. When this system dies on me, it'll be my third to die on me.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Midicronica on 2008-04-03 20:57 ]</font>

Nitro Vordex
Apr 3, 2008, 11:33 PM
I wonder if they're doing it on purpose so people buy the Elite...?

That is a serious thought by the way.

Midicronica
Apr 3, 2008, 11:45 PM
I doubt it. The only reason I want the Elite is for the HDD and HDMI.

Sekani
Apr 4, 2008, 12:53 PM
I never got the three red lights. When my system finally did "die", it was actually from a worn out DVD drive.

My machine was nearly two years old, well out of the warranty period. I had considered intentionally red-ringing my system, but I didn't want to wait a month for it to get sent back from Microsoft. So, I tried to fix it myself.

I failed. And with an opened console, I was pretty much assed out. Not even red-ringing it would do any good.

So in the middle of sharpening some razor blades to cut myself, I accidentally happened upon the extended warrantly I had purchased from GameCrazy (aka Hollywood Video). Lucky me, it was a two-year replacement plan, and I had a whopping one week left before it expired.

The next day I was walking out of GameCrazy with a brand new 360 Pro, complete with HDMI port. I was happy.

Moral of the story: extended warranties on game consoles save you time, money, and razor blades.

McLaughlin
Apr 4, 2008, 02:59 PM
I have a launch console. I gave it to my brother for Christmas when I got my Elite. Last month, it started flashing the three red lights frequently, so I called Microsoft. Sent it in on a Monday, got it back the Friday.

Normally I've got terrible luck in regards to Electronics. How do you guys do it?

Not buying a console for fear of it dying is pretty dumb in my opinion. Every console has a chance to die, you just don't hear about all the ones that don't.