PDA

View Full Version : How did you get itrested in PSO/PSU

AnimeBoy33
Apr 2, 2008, 03:06 AM
When,my bro bought PSO(GC),he played it alot.but,a few weeks later,he stoped.but now,a few years later.My Baby Cousin was playing,my sis was playing with him,they needed help so i joined them.And thoughs that was my first time playing,I thoght it was Final Fantasy when i saw it.A few weeks later i got bored played PSO,i got intrested of it.But,When PSu came out,I was like "Hmmmm,this may have the same gameplay",so i rented it,and liked it(kinda)

A Few Months later,I joined online,and thats how i got intrested in PSO and PSU.

enoch
Apr 2, 2008, 02:03 PM
I saw it in a Gamepro Mag YEARS ago for the DC. I thought it looked amazing! so a few years later I got it for the GC. I played alot ofline. (got my level up to 125!) then when I finally got online I think I fell in love lol

DC_PLAYER
Apr 2, 2008, 02:29 PM
a friend of mine bought a DC and shoed me pso, i liked the game so after a while i bought a dc and got the game, like any other game i played the ususl, not knowing that 3 more difficulties existed, the more i advanced the more items i found and more hooked i become.
now i play the game ocasionally just for fun

Vanzazikon
Apr 2, 2008, 02:29 PM
My friend borrowed PSO-GC from another friend and then we started playing it. We loved it right away, but then my friend had to go to Iraq and now i'm playing it alone.http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif This is when i went out and bought it for myself. I spent all my money though:(

Weeaboolits
Apr 2, 2008, 02:58 PM
Nintendo Power ran an article about PSO episode 3 with a poster, the poster caught my eye, so I read the article. I was pleased by the art style, so I tried to rent it, but no one had it, I ended up finding a copy of PSO Ver.2 in a used game store and I was hooked.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ronin_Cooper on 2008-04-02 13:00 ]</font>

Kunithrayin
Apr 2, 2008, 03:53 PM
My fried showed it to me a little over a year ago and I was hooked from the start and since he would never let me borrow it or lend it to me I eventually just bought it off the internet

Freeze
Apr 2, 2008, 03:57 PM
The video trailer came on one of the Demo disks that came with my Dreamcast and I though that looks very interesting even though I had never liked playing RPG style games before. When V1 was released I rented it from the video store and was hooked though I wasn't able to own it until V2. I still have that Demo disk.

3---Hit---U
Apr 2, 2008, 04:20 PM
My cousin used to play it and i got a gc a while ago so i was like, well w/e ill get it

Ketchup345
Apr 2, 2008, 04:30 PM
PSO: I found out about it in Nintendo Power, when Episodes 1&2 were being scored/promoted for the Gamecube.

PSU: Found out about it here.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ketchup345 on 2008-04-02 14:31 ]</font>

Apone
Apr 2, 2008, 04:51 PM
Ive always been a Phantasy Star fan, it was only natural I guess...

DarkShadowX
Apr 2, 2008, 05:31 PM
I've also been a Phantasy Star fan for a good while. Tho I didn't know PSO was coming into existence till I saw it in the Official Dreamcast magazine. Once I saw it I couldn't wait.....until I forgot all about it and happen to see it in a gamestore on the release date XD. As it says on my sig, I've been around on PSO since Day 1 of V1 for DC, I stuck around all the way till EP3 for GC. I tried PSOBB for a bit, but it didn't have the appeal that PSODC and GC had for me. I loved PSO and I still do, which makes me a bit sad that I didn't get back online for the days they started shutting down the official servers.

As for PSU, when I heard about it I had to get it. Its a good game and all but it sadly doesn't have the appeal that PSO had for me. I've taken breaks from PSU several times, and came back after about a 3 month hiatus for the MAG event. Depending tho on how things are after the event I may or may not quit PSU for good. But either way for both PSO and PSU it was a great ride, and while I most likely wasted years of my life on PSO, and about a year or so on PSU, it was a great time and I have no regrets.

I'll always be a Phantasy Star fan til the end, and look forward to any future installments to the series.

Banish
Apr 2, 2008, 06:23 PM
A friend of mine showed me the world that lead into Phantasy Star.

KunoTatewaki
Apr 3, 2008, 07:24 PM
I got introduced to PSO by my older brother who went to E3 one year for RPGfan. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif He brought me back a bunch of magazines and some had PSO stuff in it. We had owned a import DC for a while and he somehow got a copy of PSO version 1 on it. From there it was like love at first sight. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif I could keep explaining on how each game went but this is a short and sweet version.

TsukasaDCX
Apr 3, 2008, 08:20 PM
I remember talking to my friend who had bought it, but never played because it costed 10$ a month to play online
(He didn't know about offline)
So he returned
but he told me it looked sweet and you got to create a really cool lookin' character
so I thought
SWEET
I'm gonna make a guy with huge boots!
so I bought PSOX
but then I had to wait 3 months to get broadband/XBL
so during
I read up on it
went through the manual (like 40000 times)
fantasized
and then finally
BAM
online play and I was in my basement 19 hours a day (nojoke)
I had an addiction at 11

Kunithrayin
Apr 3, 2008, 08:23 PM
lol nice

TsukasaDCX
Apr 3, 2008, 09:01 PM
ohyeah

Anduril
Apr 3, 2008, 09:52 PM
I found out about PSO Ep. I & II through Nintendo Power. I got it. but could never get online.

ForceOfBrokenGlass
Apr 4, 2008, 03:01 AM
^ Same. Except I ended up getting online about a year and a half later.

Ithildin
Apr 4, 2008, 11:03 AM
Firstly I must say what a great topic.

I found out about PSO when my ex g/f bought a DC oh so many years ago. At the time I was interested in Japanese turned based RPGs only. It took her a while to convince me to play but when I did I NEVER expected it to be so addictive. I didn't actually get online until I bought it for GC back in 2003 I believe, on its EU release day.

I found out about PSU from my friends that played PSO with me and now have moved onto PSU.

Altavista
Apr 4, 2008, 11:08 AM
My sister played it at a friends house and borrowed it. First character I had was a 39 HUcast which I eventually deleted.

chibiLegolas
Apr 4, 2008, 03:15 PM
My boyfriend (now husband) was a Phantasy Star fan, and bought PSO for DC on day one.
I watched him have fun and play online with people from all over the world.
Had no monthly fee.
Was an action RPG.
I sometimes took control of the keyboard and talked to ppl while he played with the controller.
After a month, I HAD to get my own system + game. And the rest was history. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Though HE himself never stuck around PSO/PSU for very long. And now he forever hates PSO/PSU cause of the amount of time it takes away from the two of us. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

GreenArcher
Apr 4, 2008, 05:47 PM
My brother played it alot on Gamecube when Ep1&2 came out. He played for hours on end, I watched in amazement. I think he got into Everquest shortly after, and I took over from there http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

SStrikerR
Apr 4, 2008, 08:04 PM
Pso-Friend showed me the GC version, so i bought it, then got the Dc version...and ep 3 is being shipped to me atm.

Psu-here.

Tweengo
Apr 4, 2008, 08:21 PM
I got interested in it by accident while still at high school 6 years ago by catching a clip of it for 'Cube on Gamenetwork (now a dead channel). They showed the first mission with Kireek and I thought it looked good. I loved the music and the sounds the barbaric wolves made when they howled. A few years later I got the game for myself and have played it since. Still PSO related, a game chain called Gamestation here in the UK is starting to destroy retro stock, and I recently found out that they consider 'Cube to be retro and only the main games for 'Cube like Zelda will be saved, so that means I'll have to buy another copy of PSO as a replacement when I next see it just incase my current copy gets ruined by my younger brother/sisters. Sad times http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

NegaTsukasa
Apr 6, 2008, 12:59 AM
on middle-late June of 04 or 05.
I was at a game store and I couldn't find another game I was looking for. I stumbled across the GC plus edition on the shelve and pondered over it wtih various thoughts going through my mind of what it would be like. I decided to give it a shot and purchase it.
I loved it! It was actually sort of the game style I was looking for. Became an instant fan.
then found this site a few months later and studied it. now I joined today finaly. I"m late on things when it comes to websites. XP

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: NegaTsukasa on 2008-04-05 23:01 ]</font>

Syanaide
Apr 6, 2008, 01:28 AM
I bought it for DC expecting just a generic RPG. No regrets.

Ithildin
Apr 6, 2008, 05:54 AM
On 2008-04-04 18:21, Tweengo wrote:
Gamestation here in the UK is starting to destroy retro stock, and I recently found out that they consider 'Cube to be retro and only the main games for 'Cube like Zelda will be saved, so that means I'll have to buy another copy of PSO as a replacement when I next see it just incase my current copy gets ruined by my younger brother/sisters. Sad times http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

I think that's terrible. Gamestation is my fave comp games shop. I like them cos they don't come straight up to you asking "can I help at all?" There is no way they should be chucking out old stock. At least give it to a charity shop so that retro fans like us can still be able to get hold of old games w/o having to look on ebay.

darkante
Apr 6, 2008, 06:14 AM
My bro got PSO version 2 several years ago.
He showed it to me, and then let me try it out.
There is something about that makes it fun he said.

So i tried, and yeah i have to agree with his statement.
Itīs pretty repetive but something about the atmosphere and the gamestyle that makes it something i like to come back to from times to times.

Tweengo
Apr 6, 2008, 11:40 AM
Yeah the atmosphere is great in the Jungle area of Central Control Area. The first time I saw that cliff in the second jungle area with those small rock pools and those funny shaped cliffs in the distance, I just thought 'wow'. The music combined with the surroundings in the jungle is gaming heaven as far as I am concerned. I haven't come across another game that makes me feel how the Jungle area feels since.

P.S I found a way to dodge the laser on Ult caves boss today by accident. All you have to do is stand at the very edge of the raft where the yellow lights line the edges. The laser just passes straight through you for some reason. I have 'de-cheapified' <<<<(patent pending http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif ) De Rol Le's (or is it Gol De Rol) laser attack http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif . This is for 'Cube version and I was using a Racast, but I'm sure it would work with any character.

avos20
Apr 13, 2008, 03:14 PM
my big brother bought and he was gonna play online and my brother said its really expensive and then we were hooked up

TsukasaDCX
Apr 13, 2008, 07:33 PM
I remember
I punched a kid in the face
and PSO fell out his nose

phoenixboy
Apr 13, 2008, 10:22 PM
I watched my older sister play and she couldn't get the combos right so I played and started a new character of my own. It was a really cool game but when I've beaten up the Dragon in Hard mode and found out it was a special weapon, I was so excited I kept on playing even to today!

RemiusTA
Apr 14, 2008, 03:23 PM
Best friend came to my house with a new game that happened to be PSO Ep.1&2 on GCN a jillion years ago, and i remember begging him to let me borrow it and he never let me borrow it.

I bought the game a week later, and the rest would equate to the most time ive ever spent on a offline game ever in my life, and a multiplayer experience matched only by the Super Smash Bros. series and Halo splitscreen LAN on 2 different televisions.

found out about PSU during its development and first few screenshots, and was effing PISSED it wasnt coming to GCN. I think like 7 months before its release i bought a PS2 to play it on, and now that i got my new PC with the awesome specs i can run PSU at perfect and max settings, and i have to say i really dont care if my PS2 version burns and melts since the PC version is, approximately, one-hundred million times better.

AlexCraig
Apr 14, 2008, 03:30 PM
I found out about it from a friend of my brother. I didn't like the guy, so I didn't play it at first. Only when my brother bothered me enough did I play. And eventually I found myself here.

When I saw PSU was going to come out, I decided "well, this ought to be cool". Tried it, but it didn't feel the same. So I don't play PSU. And from the reactions of certain people, and their reactions towards PSO, I am GLAD I don't play PSU. There are maybe a small handful of people I would want to play with.

RemiusTA
Apr 14, 2008, 03:49 PM
You rarely hear about PSO in PSU, unless :

A) Its a PSO--> PSU converter wondering why this new game he/she bought is so magically different, like it wasnt supposed to be, so in every game you play with him they make annoying comparisons between the two that shouldn't (and dont) Exist. (This results in those thousands of "X system in PSO or X System in PSU" poll questions that always equate to the exact same outcome)

B) Someone who is about to quit because they broke their Crea Saber board BAWWWING about why PSU sux and its Rare acquiring system is garbage

C) People are sharing experiences. (This PSO in PSU encounter is actually pretty fun)

In all truth, PSU takes a grand amount of time to get used to until you can break free of the mindset that you are playing PSO, which will cripple your gaming experience until you realize that you are not. PSO and PSU are both great games, but some people, for some reason, love to compare the two in the most retarded of ways, and you just cant.

Bottom line, if you were hooked on PSO like the majority of us here were, theres about a 50/50 chance you will get hooked on PSU just the same. Just like what my best friend told me when he showed me PSO, either you will LOVE it or you will HATE it. There is no inbetween when it comes to PSO/PSU. And unfortunately for most die-hard PSO fans, when they played PSU, they were expecting the same LOVE IT factors from PSO and came back heartbroken when they found they had been altered or altogether removed.

Gabriel
Apr 14, 2008, 08:22 PM
[In ages long forgotten...]
Well, I've been a PS fan ever since I first played it, back in 1991 (yes I am very old lol), and after playing PS4, which I consider to be the bestest best 'conventional' rpg of all effing time, did I get really hooked on the series and hopeful that it would spawn a new version on the saturn, but only a collection game came out.

Then I read on this Brazilian game mag that the DC was getting a new PS game, and somehow the pictures for the article were mixed up, and they labeled a pic from Rune Jade as Phantasy Star 5 by mistake... And a big-ass dragon spitting fire was labeled as Rune Jade. Thing is, the PS series was 2d, so it made perfect sense to me that that 3d dragon was from some other game and, whatever, PHANTASY STAR 5 IS COMING!!!

PSO was and still is the only game for which I logged onto ign.com every day to check if there was any news about it at all.
That's how excited I was about this game, and I've never done this for any other game or movie, before or since.

I still have the very first screenshot of the ign editors playing online mode and ACTUALLY communicating via word bubbles - I was so excited I could scream, or cry, or both.

I bought the game as soon as it came out, and started playing online on that same day. Since it was also my first online gaming experience, the addictive value doubled or tripled.
I had a Humar called Gabriel (does anyone remember me from v1 days?), and I got him to lv80 in months. I'd spend whole NIGHTS playing... and then Gabriel got corrupted. WTF?! I was also a victim of a lot of bugs, but who cares, I still loved the game!

Then I made a Fonewearl called Phoenix, and she went from v1 to v2, and made it to lv108, but by this time I couldn't play online for the same periods of time, so my friends were becoming lv150 and leaving me behind... Also, the legit ways to find rares were becoming really stupid, like killing a million baranz or whatever. Add frustration to the mix, and suddenly I realized I had put on like 300 hours for Gabriel, 360 hours for Phoenix, and some 250-350 hours for other random chars which never really got beyond lv50. This equalled close to 1000 hours, which, being mostly spent at nighttime because of work and college during the day, left me with permanent sleep deprivation. I still wonder if I'll ever get to make up for all those hours, and if my eyes will lose these nasty red veins... I decided to avoid PSO and its evil, addictive grip.

[Nowadays]
I bought my xbox originally for Shenmue, Toe Jam & Earl 3 and PSO. However, the thought of losing weeks of sleep again made me very afraid to play it again, and I kinda avoided playing it, made a Hucaseal called AnnA and got her to lv42, barely beating hard ep1.

I still visited pso-world every once in a whileand heard of this PSU. "Man, that Ethan or whatever guy is SO gay... Sonic Team betrayed me, I'm not playing this game." But after the game was released, I saw a video of the character creation and was more than impressed.

I didn't have a ps2, though, so all I could do was speculate... And all of a sudden there's this Ambition of the Illuminus thing out and I see that ST made a flash comic to show the story, and thought that was really cool... And maybe Ethan wasn't as gay as I'd thought... And maybe I should try it... But since I didn't have a ps2, I popped epI+II into my xbox and got addicted again LOL but this time, I could control it! Happy!

And even though I can't play really online because of some weird problem on my connection (I live in Brazil), I'm really satisfied with offline mode. Since this time you can save 12 chars per slot, I just play multi-mode with my friends or by myself, just so I can get more exp (and that god-damned 28898976579807th Tollaw... GIMME MY AGITO DAMMIT!)

And AnnA went from lv 42 to 127 in the past three months. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif I even started other characters!

Sorry if it was too long and boring, but it's the first time anyone asked me about this http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Gabriel on 2008-04-14 18:41 ]</font>

Taleck
Apr 15, 2008, 09:06 PM
I remember playing with my friends. good times. it was really fun, cause we never got past Normal Forest. Seriously, it was amazing when we found out about hard and caves. So now I'm here. and they are not playing it anymore.

RikaPSOW
Apr 15, 2008, 09:07 PM
i got interested in pso/psu from the old phantasy star games

RowKnida
Apr 22, 2008, 01:54 PM
Well you see me and my friend heard about it. So we really wanted to try it, we went to Wal-Mart, they had like ONE copy left of PSO Episodes 1&2 so we bought it! It was like, "OMG SUCH AWESOMENESS!" And I've been hooked every since. I still find myself picking up and playing my maxed out chars on PSO!

furrypaws
Apr 22, 2008, 07:57 PM
My brother bought it for GCN, since he thought it would be a cool game to play Co-Op with for a while.

We both got insta-addictted. Heh, he got a RAmar from 1-79 in a few months...then lost his memory card and quit forever. To this day, he has a grudge against the Phantasy Star series. XD

Zorafim
Apr 24, 2008, 04:16 PM
My finding PSO was kind of like this: "Holy Hell Sega is made an RPG for the gamecube? I love Sega! I love RPGs! This game's going to be awesome!"
And the rest was http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

My finding PSU was kind of like this: "Holy Hell Sega is making a sequel to PSO that isn't a card game? PSO's awesome, and this is going to be just like PSO except bigger and better!"
Then I was -.-, but after a while I was -.q

Gillian
Apr 30, 2008, 05:15 PM
I saw an article on the original pso around seven or eight years ago in a Dreamcast mag. It looked great at the time and was the first console based MMORPG.

I played the game to death online and when V2.0 came out I did the same, mostly offline.

I was even more amazed when they announced the re-release of Episode 1 as well as Episode 2 since it added twice the amount of levels and a lot of the original weapons had changed in appearance.

Jaspaller
Apr 30, 2008, 06:32 PM
I played it on dreamcast when my friend decided to lend me some of his burned games. I wasn't so hooked back then. When I learned it came to GCN AND had multiplayer I had to rent it. I had the friends in my area hooked. After keeping up with that I eventually bought PSOX and online for it and it's been like that since.

PSU I heard about through people that I played with on PSOX. When it came out I decided to torrent myself a copy. I thought it was great at first but eventually it just got boring... and now here I am with a now useless copy of PSOX and a game that I really don't want to play very much anymore (PSU)

FaLegendario
Apr 30, 2008, 08:45 PM
when my bro bought his gc

it came with 2 games

pso and soulcalibur

we couldnt play pso cuz we dont had the memory card

then i got lost

like a fe month laer

my dad bought a memory

and i said to my bro

now we can play phantasy..huh? something

BUT IT WAS LOST

like a year later

my dad was looking for his dvds and

said come and help me searching in this boxes plz

so we did and my dad found the game

huh? wtf

Phntasy star online

and then

i started plating on gc

and now bb

locutus442
May 5, 2008, 11:09 AM
i forget exactly where i first heard about pso, but my first time playing it was when a local video store had a copy of dc v1 for rent, so i tried it and loved it. i've been a pso addict ever since.

RappyChaos
May 12, 2008, 10:34 PM
It was the summer of 2000 and my bestfriend Rickey had just gotten his Dreamcast and bought PSO for it. I had come over to hang out and see his new system and he let me start up my first character. At first I thought it was cool but not something id spend hours playing. But after a few weeks of him and his friends all playing and asking me to come join them I asked my mother if i could get a Dreamcast and then there went the next 7 years of my life. Now at 21 i still love this game......more than any other game out there. Its sad to hear the servers went down and I really miss the old times!

2 years on PSODC, 2 years on PSOGC and 3 years on PSOX

Goodbye PSO online.

concussionman
May 13, 2008, 08:39 AM
Back in 2001 my brother came back from Vancouver, and kept telling me about this awesome game that he rented while he was down there. The furthest he had gotten was to level 7, and the best thing he found was a set of daggers, but that was enough for him to rave about it to me. A couple months later he bought the game and tried to show it to me, I was instantly hooked.

Unfortunately I didn't know anything about the vast amounts of rares and drop rates for the first two years of play, so needless to say, didn't have too many good weapons.

Xephelion
May 13, 2008, 01:43 PM
Heh, my best friend at the time rambled on about this game for weeks previous to it's release on the GC. He managed to get me all hyped up about it, so I bought it not long after it's release. He never actually got the game himself for whatever reason xD, but I fell in love with it and it remains one of my most played (if not most played) games of all time.

Sayara
May 15, 2008, 10:22 PM
From my spotlight:

"It all started when my friend/neighbor was like "Play this game!" He told me there were magicians and it'd be like Gauntlet (Since I played that first.) This is on the GC for the record, I used a Fonewm and it was very difficult. Like whoa! That bear just beat the snot out of me! Eventually in time I got the hang of it, and was a notorious fireball tosser. I liked the idea of this game, so he let me borrow it. I didn't return it to him for over 12 months. I eventually had 3 characters running when he remembered about the game again. Then by that 12th month, I bought the game for myself."

LilDevilPSO6
May 18, 2008, 08:00 PM
Well about 3 years ago my cousin got PSO(GC) for xmas and so one day i came over to his house and he was in his room playin and i sat down and created a RAcast called NOMERC cuz i guess NOMERCY couldnt fit
he was a Skyly and i lvled him to 46 before my youngest cousing deleted him http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif after that i went to amazon.com and bought the Xbox version played online for 6 months and here i am in ultimate with 2 chars. i stopped playing online for 2 months and when i started up error 101 http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif Farewell my lover until we meet again. P.S. i have 360 and xbox live but im not buying psu cuz people said if was totally bad http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Leviathan
May 18, 2008, 09:04 PM
I picked up one of those free DVDs from Nintendo &loved this game ever since, the combination of the music, SEGA &Sonic Team love, futuristic games, &RPGs that got me.

Hooked ever since.

MsNerddo1
May 19, 2008, 01:31 PM
Back around the time when pso first came out for the dreamcast, my friend let me make a file on his vmu, i really sucked but you know...
So anyway a few weeks later, I found the game in the store and I had to have it even thought my mom thought it was really expensive. But I played on and on and on...
I don't remember how long after that, but the gamecube version came out and our friends had it. My brother and i were like-"we gotta get this but we have this but we have no gamecube!" Well to make a long story short, we found a sealed gamecube on our porch one day...yeah, we know who it was but it was still cool.
Several weeks/months later, we managed to get the game off of ebay and our friends who had it first gave us the memory card with our files on it so we wouldn't have to start over again. Been playing on those files ever since. (that's also the memory card that's gone missing recently)
Love pso...love it!! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

HeartBreak301
May 20, 2008, 12:06 AM
My one friend showed me the game about 2~3 years ago and I was hooked right away, but sadly I didnt have it so I could rarely play it. But about a year ago my friend lost his life to XBox live and he never played PSO anymore, so I offered him $15 for the game and he sold it to me, I still think it was a big mistake on his part, so then I was a proud owner of PSO 1&2 for the GC and I still am, sadly I never got to experience online for PSO although I have played plus and fell in love with Seat of the Heart. Xbox live is fun and all, but PSU doesnt have the nostalgic feel I wish it did so whenever I take an XBL heitas I go and play PSO for the Gamecube. I still remember how much criticism he'd gve me about my RAmar never going to be any good, now I own his HUcast in battle every now and then. Max ATA + a 65% Hit Hell Laser puts HUcasts in their place pretty easily.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: HeartBreak301 on 2008-05-19 22:10 ]</font>

Mysterious-G
May 20, 2008, 08:30 AM
When he got his DC, my brother called SEGA to ask where he could get Sonic Adventure 1.
The nice lady on the phone told us that SEGA gave it's employees free copies, and she sent us Sonic Adventure for free, aswell as Sonic Adventure 2 and Phantasy Star Online... http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif
Those few minutes we knew her via phone, she was like a mother for us... http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

EDIT: Not quite sure whether she also sent us Chu Chu Rocket.. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Mysterious-G on 2008-05-20 06:36 ]</font>

Farrmark
May 20, 2008, 04:52 PM
I think I just bought it off Ebay after reading a review in an old Official Nintendo Magazine.

Just last week I got a Dreamcast off Ebay and PSO came with it, I've been back on PSO ever since and my Elite is gathering dust http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Monochrome
May 21, 2008, 03:08 AM
The US version of Phantasy Star Online came out sometime around my b-day (in 2000 I think?) and I remembered seeing a preview for it on the Official Sega Dreamcast Magazine demo disc, which looked great. So I picked it up about a week after it came out, b-day gift to myself. As soon as I played it I just thought: musssst....pllllay....onnnnnnnline... Bought a keyboard the week after that!

Bought PSO v2 (japan version, on US console w/ bootdisc) and used THIS website's walkthrough to set up the dricas acc't and get online (with broadband adaptor that I payed unholy amounts of money for on ebay). Bought PSO v2 american, when it was released. Also played PSO gc briefly online. Overall around 1200+ hours, which for some probably isn't alot, but for me it is probably more than the time I've spent playing all other rpg's combined. I vowed after this series of games to never play another online RPG.

At one point I quit my job and just played 8-10 hours a day for a whole summer. PSO was my job

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Monochrome on 2008-05-21 01:13 ]</font>