PDA

View Full Version : Guntecher - Machineguns or Cards?

Shadow_180
Apr 2, 2008, 05:54 PM
I always find myself coming back to this question. I need a right-handed weapon I can use to focus damage on a single target that I don't wanna get too close to (Svaltus, Gaozoran etc.).

For me it's a choice between DPS and shiny S-ranks with Machineguns, or range and an easier time dodging with Cards.

To fellow Guntechers (and Acrotechers as well), which do you prefer?

/Discuss

AngelanWM
Apr 2, 2008, 06:59 PM
well if you are gonig to slash with a saber or knife then you want an M-GUN.

The m-gun can flinch and hit enemies rapidly and may cause them to stop attacking while you move into cutting range. Against small and medium monsters the M-guns pathetic level one status effect MAY land and make your cutting them easiser.

The card fan is a great all around weapon. Useful for long and medium range and shines against fliers. 3 hits, lvl 2 status, but the startup time is slow. When they lock on they zoom in for the kill but by then the monster is hitting you as you cut them.

For your purpose - its M-gun. Spray that monster a few times w/ M-GUN for 100+ a hit for each hit then blow them away with RISING STRIKE then use CARDS to hit them while they are away from you.

Astarin
Apr 2, 2008, 07:53 PM
I've actually been wondering this exact same question. Way back in the day, I chose to use Cards exclusively, because they're useful even at low levels, and they level bloody fast. But I've been starting to wonder if Machineguns might be better for single target damage. Plus, we do have exclusive (well, for now) S-rank access to them. I'll be keeping an eye on this thread.

icewyrm
Apr 2, 2008, 08:29 PM
Mechgun http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif

amtalx
Apr 2, 2008, 08:55 PM
I say use a Xbow and learn to dodge better.

Talise
Apr 2, 2008, 11:01 PM
machineguns are THE damage applier, the exception is bosses. Xbow will lose out on single enemies unless you get close which you didn't want anyway...

dc534
Apr 2, 2008, 11:55 PM
I have a couple of questions about gT. I play more PT than GT but during the winter event I played entirely as GT and well I really enjoyed being able to use my bow. anyways

How good is the crossbow? I just found the 10* one on my first train rescue s2 mission today.

Should I really level up any other rifle bullet other than killer shot? My bows are lvled quite high and well the only time I ever use the bow is on bosses or on some of the bigger guys like jarbas, is it really worth it to lvl up the rifle on gT? I play PT more than gT.

Is it necessary to have a head slot? I kind of like the body slot better, I dont think my end will be over 21 for a while.

Most importantly when are they going to give us that update for GT? I would seriously love to get this update. I feel we would see a lot more GT if they got 30 techs.

Are dualies real good or should I just stick with the offhand weapons we get? we do get alot of them.

One more question, does killer shot kill quicker at se4 or is it about the same as se3?

Thanks to anyone who can answer these questions.

Talise
Apr 3, 2008, 01:38 AM
if you like shotgun, xbow is good http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif. Not sure how they currently compare with the brella.
Rifles are pretty up to par even as a GT, with the rifle update comin up, elemental bullets might be worthwhile. Also while elemental bullets will get knockdown, killer shot will not.
For my head slot, I have a har/quick. I'm a CAST too, and the reduced TP doesn't get in the way. You can play without a head slot, but I recommend a quick unit if you do have head slot.
You dun have to get twins, only if you want to.

DarkEliteRico
Apr 3, 2008, 05:12 PM
xbows and learn to dodge better, the increased SE lvl will do more for you then the mechgun IMO. Rifle bullets are nice to have on the side for bosses so you can do damage faster, but i prefer bows for most everything else.

Twins are also GREAT IMO, with the elemental % increase past 31 they'll rip through things, they are your damage dealing weapons and with a bullet / save unit you'll do fine.

dc534
Apr 3, 2008, 09:19 PM
Thanks I am starting a new beast, I am not making him GT, that is my 130 GT PT human character, I am going to be making my beast a fighgunner I guess I will start using those crossbows and twins on him and then just trade the pa's back and forth to lvl them up. I did see that it said that twins get 36% element at 31+ than makes them 2% lower than bows and 4% better element than rifles. I did see someone doing like well over 600 per shot with their twins on the de rol le and it made me think that I should really begin to lvl them up. Thanks for all those who did post.

Nobody seemed to answer whether GT was supposed to get an update, I heard they were supposed to get lvl 30 techs as well as a TP upgrade.

Astarin
Apr 4, 2008, 12:27 AM
Guntecher update should hit on April 25th, dc534. We're getting a TP boost, level 30 attach technics, and S-rank Wand access.

Magus_84
Apr 4, 2008, 06:30 AM
Mechs for small grunt enemies, or larger enemies (ie: Vanda size) that you want to keep immobile.

Crossbow for any enemy that needs a SE applied.

Cards for bosses.

That's generally how I do it, anyway.

Criss
Apr 4, 2008, 11:29 PM
From my experience with a Female Beast GT, I consider cards to be far superior to mguns when it comes to DPS. Especially if you have all bullet elements and switch accordingly, like a good GT should. The main disadvantage with cards though, is the delay between when you shoot and when the bullets hit the target. Because of that, cards are less useful against enemies that die too quick, like ageetas. But they're great for damage against targets that are annoying to hit or that you can't get too close to. Plus, you can shoot high targets without the need for first person, like the dragon bosses' heads, while being still able to strafe around.

Mguns on the other hand, are great against smaller monsters with low def or for flinching single mid-sized monsters. I find spreading fire through packs of badiras, ageetas and the like to be their best use. Or flinching whatever monsters you don't want to see use those techs.

Cards have an amazing element % and don't rely on your character's base ATP for damage. Fighgunners are better suited for damage with mguns. But GTs still use mguns for the godly flinching, as others of their weapons deal much more damage.

Edit: Oh, and it seems Fighgunners will be getting S Mguns and GT S Cards. Kinda hints at what classes might be better with some weapons.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Criss on 2008-04-04 21:32 ]</font>

Astarin
Apr 5, 2008, 11:10 AM
On 2008-04-04 21:29, Criss wrote:
Edit: Oh, and it seems Fighgunners will be getting S Mguns and GT S Cards. Kinda hints at what classes might be better with some weapons.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Criss on 2008-04-04 21:32 ]</font>

Oh? Source? I know Figh's are getting S Machineguns and GT's are getting S Wands, but I never heard about getting S Cards.

imfanboy
Apr 6, 2008, 02:51 PM
You know, there IS always my Guntecher guide.... >_>

http://www.pso-world.com/viewtopic.php?topic=132022&forum=22&3

It has the pros and cons of cards and mechguns....

Even though I DID forget to update the guide with the section on single-handed guns until I went to look at it just today.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: imfanboy on 2008-04-06 12:51 ]</font>

Akaimizu
Apr 7, 2008, 10:10 AM
Besides. As a Guntecher should know. Don't use what they get 'S' in as a true indication of what they're best at. For most times in the history of Guntechers, some of their best equipment came from stuff they only 'A' class in. Even as certain adjustments were made to alter what GTs get S's in. The oddity of them having some primo weapon use in an 'A' class limited weapon hasn't changed.

ST gives GTs options, but they can also confuse the issue until you put it into practical use.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Akaimizu on 2008-04-07 08:11 ]</font>