PDA

View Full Version : Rarity of Daylight Scar

Eihwaz
Apr 3, 2008, 12:48 PM
Exactly how rare is Daylight Scar? A high-leveled member of my Team gave me one, and someone I know is interested in me trading it to him. His offer was of a Devil/Battle, Cure/Paralysis, and Cure/Freeze.

While I am particularly interested in the first and last of those items, judging by what I found in the Item Database, it seems that I might be getting the short end of the stick here. I've only played Episode IV once, so I have no real conception of the relative rarity of any of the items found in it...

So, should I be asking for more in the trade, or what?

Ryna
Apr 3, 2008, 06:25 PM
It all depends on the drop odds that your set of servers is using. After the drop chart rebalancing on the Sega servers, Daylight Scars weren't too difficult to find.

Does your Daylight Scar have any percentages?

Kunithrayin
Apr 3, 2008, 06:29 PM
Yah I know the biggest private server did some rebalancing so that all the Section ID's were fair...

Eihwaz
Apr 4, 2008, 12:25 PM
Yeah, I'm on the biggest private server currently.

No, my Daylight Scar doesn't have any percentages.

Out_Kast
Apr 4, 2008, 03:05 PM
If you haven't traded yet, don't do it.
Devil/Battle isn't worth anything. People give out Heavenly/Battles for free.
Cure/Paralysis & Freeze are nice, but not necessary. Just keep Sol's on hotkeys.
Keep the Daylight Scar. It's a pretty neat weapon http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

Ryna
Apr 4, 2008, 03:06 PM
On 2008-04-04 10:25, Eihwaz wrote:
Yeah, I'm on the biggest private server currently.

No, my Daylight Scar doesn't have any percentages.

Based on the known information, I'd say you are getting the worst end of the deal. I've always considered the Devil/Battle to be fairly useless. The speed-up on it was never that useful. Depending on your characters/Section IDs, both Cure units aren't too hard to find.

The Daylight Scar is a nice weapon, but I'm not too sure you'll get much use out of a 0% one. I only used mine sparingly on BB once I got some decent Twin Sabers.

Eihwaz
Apr 4, 2008, 04:54 PM
On 2008-04-04 13:06, Ryna wrote:
Based on the known information, I'd say you are getting the worst end of the deal. I've always considered the Devil/Battle to be fairly useless. The speed-up on it was never that useful. Depending on your characters/Section IDs, both Cure units aren't too hard to find.

The Daylight Scar is a nice weapon, but I'm not too sure you'll get much use out of a 0% one. I only used mine sparingly on BB once I got some decent Twin Sabers.

Yeah, it's especially useless now that a high-level friend of mine gave me a God/Battle. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

I'll probably hold onto it, as I don't have any other Episode IV weapons.