PDA

View Full Version : To the BB players who put in much time-

Dragwind
Apr 3, 2008, 03:47 PM
This is something thats come to irk me very much in the back of my mind.

I'll begin by referring to previous versions of PSO.

Since your characters were stored on either a vmu, gc mem card, or xbox hd, even after servers went down, you could still enjoy using your hard worked characters, or even view them from time to time as "trophies." (well, thats how I look at my dc and gc characters from time to time)

Now since BB servers had character data stored online, how do you feel that all your hard work on those characters is just going to vanish?

I'd like to hear people's different views on the matter. I mean, mine would be that at least I'd still have screenshots/videos for memories and such, but meh.

This is just a personal wish, but I thought it would have been nice if they let you download your online characters to further use offline.

Thoughts? Opinions? Rants? Discuss.

cashizslick
Apr 3, 2008, 03:51 PM
The above is the reason I did not play BB for very long. You lose everything if the server's die.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: cashizslick on 2008-04-03 13:52 ]</font>

Kanore
Apr 3, 2008, 03:52 PM
Well by your sig we can tell that you play PSU; just think how'd you feel if they announced that they'd be shutting down the PSU servers by June.

TsukasaDCX
Apr 3, 2008, 03:53 PM
Yeah
I never put much time into it either
but once PSOX hits dead
i'll probably spend more time with BB

Dragwind
Apr 3, 2008, 03:57 PM
Yes, I currently play PSU, and I've played PSODC and PSOGC, just didn't play BB very much.

However, I've came to that realization long ago with the future scenario of PSU, but this isn't about PSU.

The reason I brought this up is because it just happened, and I'd like feedback of those who were affected by it moreso.

Aisha_Clan-Clan
Apr 3, 2008, 04:00 PM
That's why I didn't bother with Pso BB and I can't realy play it on this pc anyway.

AlexCraig
Apr 3, 2008, 04:00 PM
Never played officially, doesn't bother me. However if the server I play on goes to the wayside, then I will begin to worry. But I have GC (which is further than my BB characters by far), so I have no qualms.

XDeathX
Apr 3, 2008, 08:48 PM
The private servers can let you play on with your char if you have them ported.

Kunithrayin
Apr 3, 2008, 09:18 PM
Yah but the big one asks for a $10 donation to port them

Nitro Vordex
Apr 3, 2008, 09:50 PM
On 2008-04-03 19:18, Kunithrayin wrote:
Yah but the big one asks for a $10 donation to port them

Servers ain't cheap dude.

cApNhOwDy
Apr 4, 2008, 12:11 PM
I'm glad all my BB character data got saved. Sucks to be you if you didnt do your research before the server shut down =D

GreenArcher
Apr 4, 2008, 01:43 PM
Yep, my characters were moved to the private server before shutdown. I've still got my trophies *hugs monitor*

cashizslick
Apr 4, 2008, 01:44 PM
lol at the idiots who think PSO is dead.

GreenArcher
Apr 4, 2008, 02:12 PM
He never said PSO was dead. Many people's data stayed in that server when it went down, and he's asking a question to those people.

so lol at the idiots http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_rolleyes.gif

DonRoyale
Apr 4, 2008, 06:16 PM
Thank God I asked our favorite private server's owner to transfer my character data before the server was closed http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

DoubleJG
Apr 5, 2008, 02:16 AM
Another reason why I don't like online-only games.. Yeah, I play PSU, and yes, I know that the servers will eventually close, but I should be done with this game by then. I'll more than likely be swamped with work, college, and personal life stuff by the time the servers approach their demise.