PDA

View Full Version : Whats good to carry as a Protranser?

AnimeBoy33
Apr 3, 2008, 05:23 PM
I just turned to Protranser,and i'm having a hard time choosing what to carry,the only good things i think are Bows,and Shotguns.So,what do you guys think is good

DarkEliteRico
Apr 3, 2008, 05:26 PM
Bow and shotty for SE's, Axe, Spear and knucks for damage IMO.....long swords = too slow and lack good PA's, the axes out damage them

Jakosifer
Apr 3, 2008, 05:26 PM
Axes - Jabroga/Redda
Spears - Majarra
Saber - Rising Strike
Grenade - Boma Duranga (Or whatever its called, the berserker one)

DarkEliteRico
Apr 3, 2008, 05:27 PM
On 2008-04-03 15:26, Jakomay_07 wrote:
Axes - Jabroga/Redda
Spears - Majarra
Saber - Rising Strike
Grenade - Boma Duranga (Or whatever its called, the berserker one)

I really have a love/hate relationship with that grenade PA, it's useful if you've got a techer but it's suicide without. Jabroga seems like it would be a better choice for damage on bosses to me though

bLOODSAW
Apr 3, 2008, 05:33 PM
for axes i would reccomend carrying dugrega as well. Its fun to use, has great damage potential, and is a good pa in certain situations. Also (especially once they get the upgrade coming to them) consider carrying laser cannons. Theyll have good elemental % and have a very good attack % modifier for their bullets. I think of laser cannons as the "future chikki kyoren jin for protransers/fortegunners" because if leveled, they have good damage and are a great way to tag enemeis in a mob os youll get exp.

Again i reiterate that laser cannons will be much more amazing AFTER their upgrade. (also they wont take forever and a day to level byt then either...)

HFlowen
Apr 3, 2008, 05:40 PM
Axe, Spear, and Shotgun should almost always be available. With the other three slots... Lasers are very good if you level the elementals up (i think there is also a buff for lasers on the way, watch out for that.) Knuckles are good for knocking things around and the saber + pistol combo is very good if you want to be safe/mobile at times.

The leftovers: Bows are good, but from a purely DPS standpoint, they get outclassed by pistols in most situations, nevertheless, level a some elementals for long range boss fights. Grenades are great for large enemies and bosses, but if you have an axe with a high level jabroga, you may not have many excuses to use your launcher, use boma duranga at your own discretion.

Last is swords. I wont lie, I love swords, but they aren't good in any situation that one of the above weapons can handle. There is a boost for swords coming out the same time the laser update is, so keep an eye out.

Lastly, EX traps. Use them.

goaferboy
Apr 3, 2008, 05:40 PM
Traps.

Someone had to say it.

Rayokarna
Apr 3, 2008, 05:41 PM
Dark and Ice on a bow is a must.
Shotguns for crowd control.
Axes for power, forget using Jabroga, the ATP/DFP/HP isn't worth using it. Dugrega is much better.
Swords for Crowd Control and Power, Gravity Break ftw.
Handguns/Sabers for strifing
Spears for multiple enemies. Majarra and Daggas works there.
Laser Cannons for tightly packed spaces.
Grenade Launchers for pinning down a mob.

I say, bring one of every weapon. This will all help in some way shape or form. Use Panzer's guide if you need any more advice.

Someone lay down a link please...

ashley50
Apr 3, 2008, 06:00 PM
WTH...only a few uses Knuckles?!

Spears
Axes
Grenades
Saber/ Handgun
Bows
Laser cannons
Swords
Knuckles
Shotguns

Did i miss something?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: ashley50 on 2008-04-03 16:01 ]</font>

Gunslinger-08
Apr 3, 2008, 06:17 PM
As a PT I love my knucles. Why anyone wouldn't use them is beyond me.

Turb0
Apr 3, 2008, 09:03 PM
I'm not a protranser much, but when I am this is how my palette is set up:

Long Sword
Spear
Axe
Laser
Shotgun
Bow

EX traps are obviously very good as some people have mentioned, but don't be one of those protransers who goes running around trapping every spawn and doesn't even carry weapons on them.

dc534
Apr 3, 2008, 09:09 PM
Set of knuckles with bogga robbado, only using the first part works really good on bigger one hit targets like dilnazens, from the hive missions, as well as bil de vers. For multiple hit points I would go with zubba, knockdown plus excellent acc and damage. I use swords and will admit they are not very good with protranser but they still look cool. I also recommend rising strike, basic sword pa, as well as the ultimate. I am going to be giving up PT for just a little while, my bot battle status and myself are near max. BS of the bot is 170 and I have been 130 for a while, so I am going to be starting out a new beast fighgunner, maybe acrofighter. I never used their weapons before so I want to try out these two classes.

mvffin
Apr 3, 2008, 11:34 PM
I always have
Spear
Shotty
Laser
Bow
EX Traps

somtimes I have
Saber/Pistol
Grenade
Axe

I never have
Sword
Knux
G Traps

Winter_of_uno
Apr 4, 2008, 03:16 AM
I don't use handgun and saber as PT. You don't need the mobility since you have access to all kinds of traps, with shock and silence G being the most effective ones for soloing and the hax traps for parties.

Shot and bow have a set place in my palette for damaging and demobilizing SEs.

Knuckles are set with Robado to take out one foe fast with the first combo part. Gravity break on sword can do an equally good job but I prefer knux.

Axe with Anga Dugrega is the best everyday Axe PA out there, good utility PA and good damage once you have it levelled nicely. Jabroga is good for bosses such as Dimma or Onma who are bullet resistant; on dragon type bosses you are better off using nades.

Spear with Majarra or Robado is also a good choice for melee. I switch between laser and nades depending on situation.

There you go. Just my style of playing PT though. Not saying that having a full palette of blackheart sabers and Storm handguns is noobish.

panzer_unit
Apr 4, 2008, 09:00 AM
Protransers are gunners...

Shotgun and Laser -
level 31+ w/ elements on these are your best overall damage output or so close that the additional advantage of SE and not throwing stuff all over the room puts them ahead. Except for a handful of exceptionally useful PA melee weapons are only really worth pulling out against bullet-resistant (especially shield-buffed) enemies or when you need massive crowd control.

Grenades -
awesome for supporting other fighters against large targets
awesome against dragon bosses
burn or virus for easy soloing vs multiple large monsters

Bows -
for flying bosses, sniping long range targets, etc... they're situational but you wouldn't be playing PT if you didn't want situational weapons.

Handgun & Saber -
you NEED this in situations that demand a lot of dodging around... bunch of Gaozorans, etc. Learn defensive statuses (freeze/silence/shock) that will let you take a couple enemies out of the picture for a little while and make a good opening for heavier firepower.

Melee -
Bogga Zubba - good damage and lots of launch for crowd control
Anga Dugrega - good damage and lots of knockback for crowd control
Rising Strike - usable both for launch and knockback, not so good for damage
EVERYTHING ELSE - only pulls well ahead of shooting when it comes to damaging bullet-resistant enemies... go with whatever works best for you.