PDA

View Full Version : PSU feed-back could help us (Ep.3 players) .

RuPiKa
Apr 3, 2008, 06:01 PM
PSU offical forum want feed back on "why" and "why not" you are playing PSU. It is a chace to bring up a card based game as part of the next release of PSU. Throw in your "2 cents" and maybe something might get done. Maybe... "http://phantasystaruniverse.com/news_item.php?item=nid40"

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: RuPiKa on 2008-04-03 16:03 ]</font>

furrypaws
May 26, 2008, 09:09 PM
I hate to say it, but it's very, very unlikely we'll ever see a sequel to this. Sega's all about profits. Just look at PSU.

PSU=/=Profit.
PSO=Profit.
Remaking PSO into PSU=Profit?

AlexCraig
May 26, 2008, 09:28 PM
Umm... won't work.
And your math is wrong there, Furry. PSU is their profit now (And I am saying that nicely, before the hardcore elitists show up as usual). PSO is left in PSU's wake now, and ST only cares about PSU now. Bear in mind that I am a PSO player and I am saying that.

Also, this seems more of a PSU thread than a PSO3 thread.

New_Mcpot
May 28, 2008, 07:28 AM
I'd Buy it

Ryna
May 28, 2008, 09:17 PM
I always got the feeling that Episode 3 was part of the "Card Fad" from earlier in the decade. That fad seems to have diminished somewhat.

I have strong doubts about ever seeing a PSU card game. Especially since Episode 3 never sold that well.

New_Mcpot
May 28, 2008, 10:41 PM
Really?

VR-Raiden
May 29, 2008, 01:58 PM
Yeah, just goes to show a game doesn't need to sell well to rock.

I think a PSU card game could be cool but....highly unlikely.

Larusu
Jul 20, 2008, 06:29 PM
Also, a lot of the charm of Episode 3 was that it was all PSO weapons and monsters you were using, and I'd be surprised if anyone was that interested in using Bul Bunas and Gudda Hons.

Adriano
Jul 20, 2008, 11:46 PM
ew cards.

SStrikerR
Jul 22, 2008, 09:31 AM
Not gonna happen.

CPS
Jul 23, 2008, 02:48 PM
A PSU card game would be great. Most people that say Ep3 sucked, sucked at Ep3...period. You can't take their word for it. Games like Yu-Gi-Oh & Magic The Gathering are still make good profit, so to say that card games were a fad is completely false. I think people just didn't like the idea that Ep3 was a PVP based game. PSO players never really liked Ep1&2 Battle Mode and I think that was the main reason for EpIII not doing well with the scrubby players lol. After many years of playing PSO I came to the conclusion that most people that play PSO hate losing to other players (via PVP) and just ignore it as a whole.

thematesV2
Aug 19, 2008, 04:03 PM
I think card games have a very select fan base. not to say that they suck, some of them don't, some of them do.

to say that card based games suck would be to say that RPG's suck, FPS suck.

i mean card based games are just a combination of poker and storyline, exponentially expanded.

which means they are one of the most basic forms of games. nothing is original, everything came from everything else.

personally, I would cry if I saw a card based PSU. I cried when I bought PSO-3 - thinking it would be an action strategy rpg with card based battles. I played it for about 2 hours, and when I still had not reached a single explorable area, I gave up.

anyhow, I know others disagree though. I love turn/grid based strategy rpgs, and I like anime. there are lots of people out there who hate those two things, so, it's all good.

if they make a new one, I won't buy it, but probably lots of people will.

Dragoon1990
Aug 20, 2008, 06:35 PM
PSO-ep3 was a good game in my personal opinion Though it's the first card based game I ever played But Seeing I am also PSO player I had to at least give EP3 a try and I do agree with several people on this, It is a PVp based game and I was kinda dishearted to know I wouldn't be able to explore serveral new enviroments But heck It's a overal good game.
As far as A PSU card game I really don't see that happening but I've been wrong before