PDA

View Full Version : How much do you think Gamestop would pay for my PSO on GCN?

Frana
Apr 3, 2008, 06:23 PM
I know it won't bea a lot, don't critize me for this either, but honestly I need money(credit?) I can't go there today, and my phone isn't working; does anybody work there that could tell me this?

Syanaide
Apr 3, 2008, 06:41 PM
Gamestop doesn't take PSO for GC because it has a serial key. They will take PSO for Xbox or PSU for Xbox360, however.

Frana
Apr 3, 2008, 07:02 PM
On 2008-04-03 16:41, Syanaide wrote:
Gamestop doesn't take PSO for GC because it has a serial key. They will take PSO for Xbox or PSU for Xbox360, however.

Crap...another thing that makes me mad is I got PSU for 30 bucks a week before it went down to 15 used.

3---Hit---U
Apr 3, 2008, 07:05 PM
You actually thought of selling PSO!?!?!?!?!

You're dead to me.

Freshellent
Apr 3, 2008, 07:53 PM

Err,actually my old store didn't take PSO for Xbox,our system didn't let us resell it.

We did take PSO for cube,since it had offline.
Mind you,you prolly would get a glorious $3.00 or so if my memory serves me right. ( That's supposing we had no copies in the store.)

I dunno,your prolly better off keeping it. Or finding a person willing to actually buy it off you for collection reasons. Game stores don't give you jack for what you buy unless it's right after release. (There are exceptions,but you get the idea.)

Neith
Apr 3, 2008, 08:09 PM
On 2008-04-03 16:23, Frana wrote:
I know it won't bea a lot, don't critize me for this either, but honestly I need money(credit?) I can't go there today, and my phone isn't working; does anybody work there that could tell me this?

Keep it, it's extremely hard to find a copy of PSO in most places now. It's actually treated as a cult game by some, and sells on Ebay for more than most regular games..

Whatever you do, don't take it to a games store, you'll get offered almost nothing. I remember trading in 6 PS2 games a while back, and got about the equivalent of $6-7 per game. It's not worth it.

Blitzkommando
Apr 3, 2008, 08:36 PM
You might get $2 if you're lucky and they accept it. Seriously, you'll pay more in gas to drive to there than you'll get from them taking the game off your hands.

Syanaide
Apr 3, 2008, 10:01 PM
On 2008-04-03 17:53, Icespike wrote:

Err,actually my old store didn't take PSO for Xbox,our system didn't let us resell it.

Mind you,you prolly would get a glorious $3.00 or so if my memory serves me right. ( That's supposing we had no copies in the store.)

Been working at GS for 2 years mate, and it's always been the same. I'm 100% positive you have it mixed up. Also, GS's trade prices aren't reflected by how many copies are on hand -- there's a reason for this. I'm sure you'd know though, you worked there before right?

McLaughlin
Apr 3, 2008, 10:07 PM

I dunno,your prolly better off keeping it. Or finding a person willing to actually buy it off you for collection reasons. Game stores don't give you jack for what you buy unless it's right after release. (There are exceptions,but you get the idea.)

That should have been the other way around. Once the serial key was used on an adapter, PSOGC could never go online from another Gamecube, which is why stores weren't supposed to sell used copies. PSOX could be resold without a second thought.

Freshellent
Apr 4, 2008, 12:03 AM
On 2008-04-03 20:01, Syanaide wrote:

Been working at GS for 2 years mate, and it's always been the same. I'm 100% positive you have it mixed up. Also, GS's trade prices aren't reflected by how many copies are on hand -- there's a reason for this. I'm sure you'd know though, you worked there before right?

I should mention,I worked at GameCrazy,not GameStop. I'm certain that's how our store did it. I'm sorry for the confusion.

I'm fully aware of what you guys are talking about though,there wasn't a mistake in what I said. It's just how my store handled it for some reason.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Icespike on 2008-04-03 22:14 ]</font>

Retehi
Apr 4, 2008, 12:10 AM
Yeah ebay it if you really wanna sell it. I was looking for a copy myself last night, and the prices are atrocious.

Which can be good for you though, if you're in need of loot.

Syanaide
Apr 4, 2008, 12:19 AM
I see. I retract my rudeness from my post then. ^_^

SubstanceD
Apr 4, 2008, 04:36 AM
You mean Gamestop in the US still takes in Gamecube Games? Over here in Ireland and the UK Gamestop ( and all other games stores ) no longer takes in Gamecube, XBox or GBA games. It's just PS2 and all current gen machines.

Even if you could trade in PSO for the Gamecube chances are you wouldn't get anything for it. I would hold on to PSO if I were you.