PDA

View Full Version : Hopeful speculative rumor, may be false.

zandra117
Apr 5, 2008, 08:36 PM
Sega is cutting access to PSOX from old xboxes on April 30th, but they will release PSOX on the 360 Xbox Originals and allow access to the server from only 360 consoles. This will ensure that there will be no hacking due to the security of 360.

This is only a speculative rumor and has a possibility of being false. However the topic of PSO is a very popular subject on the 360 xbox originals forum and the topic has never dissapeared off of the front page. It is very possible that MS and Sega are up to something due to the existing popularity.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: zandra117 on 2008-04-05 18:37 ]</font>

AlexCraig
Apr 5, 2008, 08:57 PM
If you could provide a link to the source of this rumor, it would be greatly appreciated. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

TsukasaDCX
Apr 5, 2008, 09:18 PM
Oh please let this be true
granted I would have to start over
but at least I'm still playing

zeroguy518
Apr 5, 2008, 09:54 PM
Yeah I would quit psu in an instant and start over again on PSO (Though it will be a pain getting up to 200 again)

Freeze
Apr 5, 2008, 11:03 PM
Don't get your hopes up people, Sega wants us playing PSU not PSO and they know people would leave for PSO if it moved over to the 360. I would love it if this actually happened but lets be real, this rumor is most likely someones wishfull thinking.

Saligun
Apr 5, 2008, 11:32 PM
If sega did this THEY WOULD NEED TO DEEP SIX CHRISTMAS or else what would be the point.

TsukasaDCX
Apr 6, 2008, 01:25 PM
Yeah
I doubt this will happen

SStrikerR
Apr 9, 2008, 08:05 PM
False. They wouldn't make enough of a profit, plus they want us to move on to psu.

RemiusTA
Apr 9, 2008, 08:18 PM
SEGA wouldn't waste the development money on something that wouldn't assure them a profit.

It would be neat, however.

Pballer42
Apr 9, 2008, 09:19 PM
i wish this would come true. i didnt get hardly enough time to play online on the xbox

Ithildin
Apr 10, 2008, 08:26 AM
I can't see this happening at all. However, I would love it to.

enoch
Apr 10, 2008, 01:22 PM
awww....it was a good idea....wow I wish sega cared

AlexCraig
Apr 10, 2008, 01:24 PM
Like I said, a link would have helped. But I strongly doubt this is going to happen.

Dragwind
Apr 10, 2008, 02:22 PM
Interesting concept. If Microsoft plans to budget some of this, I don't see why it wouldn't happen. Could fall back on the idea that ST wouldn't care anyhow though.

SStrikerR
Apr 10, 2008, 02:24 PM
That too. They don't even care much about the NA/Eu PSU servers, so why would they care about pso servers?

VanDarkmind
Apr 10, 2008, 05:31 PM
On 2008-04-10 11:22, enoch wrote:

If sega cared, they won't take money for online gaming and keep those dam Servers online. They let their own "children" die, because they are "outdated" and don't make profits anymore. It's a pity that they are only interested in profits. Not like those people from (don't hur me please) Blizzard for example. Don't get me wrong. I hate WoW and the amount of money even THOSE people want to have every month. But they keep their old games running on their servers, because the gamers keep it running. For nothing. No money and souch.
I think that's the point. Sega doesn't put enough "heart" into their games. They're for profits, not for the gamers. And that's a pity.

enoch
Apr 11, 2008, 10:40 AM
its really sad too, cause pso had alot of heart. Ive started playing PSU and I think I can accept it as a sequal, but never as a superior

lol but yea Vandarkmind summed up my one sentence into a paragraph lol

VanDarkmind
Apr 12, 2008, 07:31 AM
Yes I really do agree with you :3

narizon
Apr 12, 2008, 04:30 PM
oh yes! please make my dreams and my wishes come true! bring back the magic of PSO, they know we love it, so let's prey!

AlexCraig
Apr 12, 2008, 05:14 PM
It won't happen, narizon. As the title says, it was a rumor, nothing more. I know most of us wish they would bring PSO back (hell,I am one of them), but it just isn't happening.

OmegaLegend
Apr 12, 2008, 10:27 PM
$$$ first, gamers second..... Nice plan, Sega, put profits over the people that GAVE YOU THE $$$ TO BEGIN WITH!!! (high-faluting voice): This isn't making money anymore, shut it down! (normal voice): That's so wrong on so many levels and it causes such a horrible situation, like shutting down servers with little or no warning. What's that going to mean for people like me who want to get all the rare items but can't since half of them are online only?

TsukasaDCX
Apr 12, 2008, 11:45 PM
MAN IN HIGH-FALUTING CLOTHES

F-Gattaca
Apr 13, 2008, 10:52 AM
On 2008-04-05 21:03, Freeze wrote:
Don't get your hopes up people, Sega wants us playing PSU not PSO and they know people would leave for PSO if it moved over to the 360.

On 2008-04-10 15:31, VanDarkmind wrote:

On 2008-04-10 11:22, enoch wrote:

If sega cared, they won't take money for online gaming and keep those dam Servers online. They let their own "children" die, because they are "outdated" and don't make profits anymore.

Sega doesn't put enough "heart" into their games. They're for profits, not for the gamers. And that's a pity.

Yeah, because Sega is out to ruin your fun, right? Damn those evil capitalist pigs! ... *cough*

No, it's more like "PSU isn't earning enough income to support all the PSO servers outside of Japan." Not even a single one. As far as I know, Sega of America (and Sega of Europe) are responsible for all the international servers--either directly running them or through gamemastery. Sega of Japan, as far as I know, does not "help out" financially with this. Their international branches live or die on the success of localized games.

I'm willing to bet that if PSU didn't lose a chunk of its international player base after the hacking spree/bad PR, the PSO servers would still be active. (Kind of interesting to think about--all the people who left or refused to play PSU because of how much they thought it sucked compared to PSO might have led to the PSO servers' demise!)

Considering our version of AotI doesn't even have full voice acting for the Story Mode missions--only in cutscenes--where the Japanese version did have that, that should tell you how bad things are right now.

How does that all tie into running PSO servers, though? Well:

Running servers costs money.

Maintaining servers costs money.

Hiring staff to perform that maintenance costs money.

You'd think that the PSOX servers would've been fine since SoA and SoE don't necessarily run those (It's on X-Box Live after all) but from what I understand they do pay Microsoft money to keep their game on the servers.

Neither Sega of Europe OR America are doing nearly as well as Blizzard is, and that's why the PSO servers were put down. They'd go bankrupt trying to keep them alive. It's not because they're fork-tongued devils in suits, because I'm pretty sure they all realize how much PSO means to international players--if they can find a way to allow PSO to live on somehow in a way that won't cost as much to them, then they'll probably do it. But they've had to cut their losses as it stands.

Blizzard can easily afford to maintain Battle.net from the income they get off of World of Warcraft. Heck, they're able to overlook certain other illegal issues that would kill off lesser companies thanks to the sheer amount of income they get--it would cost Blizzard MORE to address those issues rather than let them slide, amazingly enough.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: F-Gattaca on 2008-04-13 09:54 ]</font>