PDA

View Full Version : Finally! A new Castlevania game! Castlevania: Order of Ec

Saner
Apr 5, 2008, 11:11 PM
http://aycu37.webshots.com/image/50436/2004783545541406765_rs.jpg

http://i228.photobucket.com/albums/ee35/beingthehero/newdscvmaybe2.jpg?t=1207433097

was browsing and some random site had these posted.
Not sure if the screenshots are for real, but it
might be possible.

But logo is definitely official! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

well bad thing is that it doesn't sound like it will
be a console game but it really shouldn't be a
mobile phone game like that wasted Order of Shadows.

Well chances are it will be a DS game since there
is rumor IGA is working on this upcoming title.

Sexy_Raine
Apr 6, 2008, 01:54 AM
It's probably for the DS as you said since I've heard the DS was suppose to get a new one. Though I wish PSP would get a new one as well.

Powder Keg
Apr 6, 2008, 10:46 AM
Sweet. A new castlevania game is never bad news.

Jife_Jifremok
Apr 6, 2008, 01:08 PM
I hope it's an old-style Castlevania without the RPG crap mucking it up.

EDIT: I just noticed that the link leads to a gameplay pic. I saw numbers popping up. Not a good sign.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Jife_Jifremok on 2008-04-06 12:36 ]</font>

Zorafim
Apr 6, 2008, 01:59 PM
Finally, a castlevania for a system I own that isn't in anime style! It seems to of gone back to its artistic roots, having a more gothic style. I hated the overall look of DoS and PoR, despite the good things about the game.
Also, here's hoping to no soul system!

TheOneHero
Apr 6, 2008, 02:46 PM
Lol yeah.

Soon before the release of the PSP Remakes of certain Castlevania games. Koji Igarashi said there were plans for a new Nintendo Castlevania but he couldn't talk more about it until the PSP Remakes were released.

Later, he said a new Castlevania was most certainly being planned for the DS and would be announced sometime later of the release of the PSP remakes. It was also stated there was great interest into returning to the "gothic style of the older Castlevanias".

I'm a Castlevania nerd, this isn't a surpise to me. >_>;

BUT WELCOME NONETHELESS! Woo~

Edit* And Google News is your best friend. =D

Seriously, I'm on there everyday throwing in stuff for new games, movies, books, etc. etc. XD

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: TheOneHero on 2008-04-06 12:52 ]</font>

Wyndham
Apr 6, 2008, 02:48 PM
I can't wait for the new Castlevania. the DS games were great.

Eihwaz
Apr 6, 2008, 02:52 PM
Yes, a return to the old art style. This fills me with giddy joy.

Dawn of Sorrow was pretty exceptional, don't get me wrong, but I love the baroque/gothic art of the older games. Ayami Kojima's art fits the mood of Castlevania pretty much perfectly.

Monochrome
Apr 6, 2008, 02:59 PM
One of the few series you could clone infinitely and all sequels would still be great! Good news

Zorafim
Apr 6, 2008, 09:18 PM
Wait, is that a female lead character I see in that last screenshot? Skirt, chest armor, long hair... This could be good.
Also, I read the title of the link as "newds cv maybe"

SubstanceD
Apr 7, 2008, 01:14 PM
The screenshots look promising. I remember reading somewhere that they were going to be making a new 2D Castlevania but that was some time ago and I haven't heard anything since. It nice to know that it wasn't just a rumour and it is even better to get a few pics.

It does seem as if we will be controlling a female vampire hunter this time.

Sorry Jife_Jiffremok but I prefer my Castlevania games with the rpg elements.

Nidarrock
Apr 7, 2008, 02:56 PM
It does look promising. Back to the "old" art style, possible female lead, and still has the RPG elements... looks like another solid title. I do wish they could try something to tweak the gameplay a little bit to "spice it up" a little.

Saner
Apr 7, 2008, 09:02 PM
well invading castles filled with boss guardians, enemies and traps
and exploration has countless ways to keep things fun. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif