PDA

View Full Version : Online: Your best online PSO memories/times

NegaTsukasa
Apr 6, 2008, 03:13 AM
Name something memorable you onliners did befor our main Servers got shut down on the 4 main systems (GC, DC, PS2,XBox. Screen shots are optional.
you can also talk about offline experiances that are cool to share. XD

I remember when me and my freind took on Olga on ult. mode at very early levels. we were laughing and running in pain at the same time with our characters.
definatly remember the LOL's we shot out while our scape doll count depleted. lol ^_^

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: NegaTsukasa on 2008-04-06 01:14 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: NegaTsukasa on 2008-04-06 01:15 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: NegaTsukasa on 2008-04-06 01:18 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: NegaTsukasa on 2008-04-06 12:45 ]</font>

DC_PLAYER
Apr 6, 2008, 06:50 AM
being online
downloading quests
when i got rares

MetaZedlen
Apr 6, 2008, 09:33 AM
Man...the only 3 times I ever was online with GC could be considered the best, at least until I can use the "other" method...

Tact
Apr 6, 2008, 09:53 AM
Mine is easily the time when I went on a Temple run with a Purplenum HUmar friend. He usually calls the Yasminkov 9000M because it's such a rare and good weapon. However, I was able to convince him to let me call it for just that run. It dropped. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

So I got the Yasminkov 9000M and he was really angry. But there was nothing he could do about it, as the two others in the group had seen that he let me call it for the run.

DreXxiN
Apr 6, 2008, 10:06 AM
He could have ignored the call and stole it =)

Ithildin
Apr 6, 2008, 10:08 AM
*Playing hours upon hours of multiplayer with an old friend.
*My first experience of online play.
*Playing PSO in its twighlight days with some very close friends of mine who I now play PSU with.
*When god/battle first dropped for me.

AlexCraig
Apr 6, 2008, 12:01 PM
Still making mine.

Finding the rares I am serching for.
Running into a Hildetorr.
Playing with my friends.

Side note: Nega, your sig is too big vertically.

Ryna
Apr 6, 2008, 12:26 PM
Here's a brief list of memorable momments:

-Buying V2 on the first day, entering Ultimate Forest with a Spread Needle at level 100, and barely doing single-digit damage. It took a couple of hours to get to the Sil Dragon and he gave me quite a surprise.
-Doing time-attack cmode runs on V2. Cmode became too easy when Episode 1&2 came out.
-Logging on the first night of Gamecube release into the Halloween lobby. I always considered that to be the best lobby music.
-Recording the videos for the first documented SJS unsealing. That spawned an epic thread.
-Being one of the first teams to clear E2C4. It took several days to learn that quest.
-Earning 100% on Episode 3. Tact was there.
-Hitting level 200 for the first time on Gamecube.

Tact
Apr 6, 2008, 12:30 PM
On 2008-04-06 10:26, Ryna wrote:

Ah, yes, I remember that one. One of our friends at PSOW got his hands on a VIP card, enabling him to go to a card auction with three friends. We had all agreed to let Ryna get the Dark Flow if it showed up. So when one arrived, we let him (at least, I think Ryna's a guy...sorry if I'm wrong) grab it for one point. Then I bid all of my remaining points (around 16, if I remember this correctly) on the next Dark Flow when that one reared its ugly head.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Tact on 2008-04-06 10:31 ]</font>

VioletSkye
Apr 6, 2008, 12:42 PM
Finally getting online for the first time. GC version was the first time I played PSO and I bought it used on the recommendation of a friend. I was hooked from the moment I starting playing. I finally decided to spring for the BBA and set up an account with SEGA to play online and it was a total blast. I don't remember how many hours straight I played that first time online but I remember having to turn it off out of shear exhaustion to get some sleep lol. I will truly miss that. Even by the time I got online I didn't know that much about the game yet and I had only a few low level weapons that were nothing special, so when I finally did log on and played with others, I remember being totally amazed by all the cool new weapons and mags I'd never seen before. The Robochao and the Devil Wings were among the first rare mags I'd ever seen. I think the Demolition Comet was the first really cool rare I remember seeing. Duping wasn't really a part of the game at that time (shop dupe method was not known and aside from having a UMC, there was only lag dupe) so people weren't dumping rares all over the ground in every game like they did towards the end, so it took me awhile to get some decent weapons.

Other memorable moments I recall are hunting seasonal rappies for mag cells and easter weapons and seeing a rare enemy for the first time, in fact that's how I found psow in the first place, I was looking up info on blue rappies lol.

TsukasaDCX
Apr 6, 2008, 01:21 PM
-had a group of my 3 closest PSO friends all feign sick on day so we could play togather for hours
-hitting 50, 100,
-having a rave in the lobby (this kid put MC Hammer up to his mic)
-raising my first mag to level 200
-having fun not actually caring about levels
-helping level 1's

NegaTsukasa
Apr 6, 2008, 02:31 PM
On 2008-04-06 10:26, Ryna wrote:
Here's a brief list of memorable momments:

-Buying V2 on the first day, entering Ultimate Forest with a Spread Needle at level 100, and barely doing single-digit damage. It took a couple of hours to get to the Sil Dragon and he gave me quite a surprise.
-Doing time-attack cmode runs on V2. Cmode became too easy when Episode 1&2 came out.
-Logging on the first night of Gamecube release into the Halloween lobby. I always considered that to be the best lobby music.
-Recording the videos for the first documented SJS unsealing. That spawned an epic thread.
-Being one of the first teams to clear E2C4. It took several days to learn that quest.
-Hitting level 200 for the first time on Gamecube.

Ah yes. hitting level 200 for me was a big deal also.
Another one of my countless moments was when I was offline for the moment and I decided to cover the lobby floor with my meseta. then pull up a ("I'm rich") symbol chat.

Also my ver first rare weapon which was a DB's Saber.
XD big moment.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: NegaTsukasa on 2008-04-06 12:47 ]</font>

Kunithrayin
Apr 6, 2008, 04:20 PM
-My first rare which was a Varista
-Getting my mag to level 200
-Beating EP.1 for the first time
-BeatingEP.2 for the first time
-The first time I ever played on my friend's GC... It was love at first site

NegaTsukasa
Apr 6, 2008, 04:52 PM
On 2008-04-06 14:20, Kunithrayin wrote:
-My first rare which was a Varista
-Getting my mag to level 200
-Beating EP.1 for the first time
-BeatingEP.2 for the first time
-The first time I ever played on my friend's GC... It was love at first site

-lol. I had a moment I would never forget. when I first got the game and I beat the forest I didn't know I was supposed to talk to the principle to progress. so I thought that was all episode 1 had. I then went onto episode 2 at like level 12 and got as far as the seabed until I decided to talk to the principle just for kicks. I then found out after I did another area was accesed. I was suprised then from there on out everyhting got much clearer.
I'm actually glad I made the memorable mistake. made my character stronger in the long run. XD

-defeating olga Flow on ult. mode for the first time on second try at level 129 only dieing once.
-taking on all bosses at a too early level intentionaly and winning after 30 minutes to an hour or so.
-defeating hard and very hard mode on story 1 in one sitting.
-First time in Bon fire Quest! WOOT!

If I remember more I'll post some more.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: NegaTsukasa on 2008-04-06 14:53 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: NegaTsukasa on 2008-04-06 14:55 ]</font>

Nitro Vordex
Apr 6, 2008, 05:45 PM
Like Alex, still experiencing mine.
On GC, when I found my Lavis Cannon. Nothing has amounted to that so far.
Oh, and this:
[spoiler-box]http://img136.imageshack.us/img136/6324/pso1205612584yp0.png[/spoiler-box]

AlexCraig
Apr 6, 2008, 05:53 PM
I should edit mine, but I'm too lazy. I ran into the Torr offline http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif

DarkShadowX
Apr 6, 2008, 05:54 PM
Ah...so many memories.

PSODC V1:
-Buying V1 on release then getting online.
-Just doing random runs with people from anywhere and everywhere.
-Getting a Double Saber during the Golden Days of PSO when having a Double Saber made you some kind of god.
-Hitting Level 100, then on that same day getting a SPECIAL WEAPON? that ended up being a Lavis Cannon.

PSODC V2:
-Buying V2 on release and going to Ultimate and seeing my futile attempts at doing damage, aside from the few traps I had on me.
-Challenge Mode in itself was epic, it got easy in GC.
-The release of TTF, the epic quest that provided lots of great time.
-Achieving level 200, it was so much harder getting there on DC than GC.
-Meeting a bunch of great people that I would meet again in PSOGC and keep in touch with from time to time, and in a friend Tigereye's case, would still keep in touch and occasionally play on PSU with.

PSO Ep1&2:
-Finally getting online, as I went nearly an entire year w/o going online with PSO Ep1&2.
-Seabed Lab, epic area with Sinows and Del Biters.
-Doing Central Control Towers, Ill Gill, Mercious(can't really remember his name), his other variations, Del Lilies, and Del Biter was lawl.
-The release of Memories of a Blue Star/Green Star Memories quest, my absolute favorite online quest in PSO.

PSO Ep3:
-Playing a card game online with so many people was just greatness in itself.
-Entering the Famitsu Tournament(I think it was Famitsu) and making it to the to the last round of the semi-finals.
-Getting 100%(Such a pain.....)