PDA

View Full Version : is foie useful?

enoch
Apr 7, 2008, 11:03 AM
I mean, I have it at level 18. now who doesnt like shooting giant fireballs?!

but im a fortecher....should I be traing something else?

actually im not a fortecher. in fact can anyone tell me how to get my force level up faster?

im level 21 and my force le vel is 2!!
its going so slow. im like getting s ranks but only 4-10 points per mission

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: enoch on 2008-04-07 09:04 ]</font>

Pandaling
Apr 7, 2008, 11:54 AM
it really depends where you are leveling.... see if you can party up with people and do some harder runs (B runs maybe?) that give more MP. (Try White Beasts? Getting an S on C runs give 75 MP!)

As for other techs, you could try Diga(<- this skill is awesome)or some of the Ra- skills or Gi-skills? Mix it up http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Pandaling on 2008-04-07 09:57 ]</font>

enoch
Apr 7, 2008, 12:57 PM
hmm well I tried Razonde and its level 7. pretty awesome looking lol. and thats what its all about. but um... can you give me a detailed description on how to access white beast? I cant find it. lol im new and niave

lol zoie wtf is that XD

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: enoch on 2008-04-09 10:59 ]</font>

Pandaling
Apr 7, 2008, 01:40 PM
mmm... Pavilion Air Top... ask someone nicely to take you there http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif (that's how I got there o-o)

Mewnie
Apr 7, 2008, 01:44 PM
PC/PS2 or suxbox?

enoch
Apr 7, 2008, 02:10 PM
suxbox http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

SStrikerR
Apr 7, 2008, 02:47 PM
On 2008-04-07 12:10, enoch wrote:

oh i cant wait for some flames.

and yes, foie is useful.

Mewnie
Apr 7, 2008, 03:38 PM
On 2008-04-07 12:10, enoch wrote:

You have my condolences ;3

afraid I can't help you, but I'm sure some of the 360 folks could give you a hand.

Akaimizu
Apr 7, 2008, 03:49 PM
Definitely. There's quite a few places available to level up your Job level quite fast. In fact, it's so easy to do so that the primary struggle....er....point of true work is likely to be your PA arts.

Now I wont say this is a defacto standard you should follow, but I'll just throw some good techs to level.

Foie I still use, it's not a bad single mob tech to lob, and does some pretty high single mob damage, up there. It also gains some rather nasty SE Burn levels, too. Diga, is a nice damage single mob attack and a lot of people level those two.

As far as other techs, there's plenty, but to not confuse the issue, I'll throw out a few nice ones.

Gidiga is a nice 360 ground attack tech, and unlike the Ra-techs, it doesn't have that monster limit. Loads of techers love using it because it does hit hard. Lower level techers, who use it, drum up some pretty impressive numbers with it. Not that I'm saying to ignore all Ra techs, just throwing a few ideas for things that you might get early.

For the not so early stuff, you'll probably want Nosdiga at a point, too. Lots of people waited a bit to use it (mainly because this is an Ultimate PA art and requires PA frags, so this is in your future and not the now). It isn't super impressive at first, but get it to 21 and you got 3 ground snakes that track the enemies. Tracking is important because some annoying mobs like to move and coincidentally dodge stuff.

Another early thing which isn't always too popular, but is good anyway is Barta. A lot of players wait a bit on the lightning techs. However, this may have changed a little now that we have a lot more ground enemies. Thing is, a lot of the ground enemies are at somewhat higher starting levels than beginning players, so this makes sense.

You came at a good time, because I believe the speed-up for tech levelling is on its way. You'll be able to experiment in more ways than a lot of people have, and be able to see how things work for you in lesser time.

There's plenty of other things to go for, but I've witnessed a collection of earlier Force types to go for these as starters. However, they don't become useless in later game, either. Heck, they have application even on a character going from 120-130.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Akaimizu on 2008-04-07 13:54 ]</font>

Zorafim
Apr 7, 2008, 09:39 PM
Not that I'm a techer, but I suggest getting every Ra- tech, Gi- tech, foie, and diga to a high level. Though I don't enjoy them, Dam techs are said to be useful as well. Barta and Zonde work similarly to Ra- techs and are harder to level, so I'd wait until later to level them (unless you enjoy using them). Get the buff support techs as high as you can (you can wait until the PA leveling update, which makes it much easier to level), and don't neglect your healing techs (Giresta is almost better than Resta, so you don't have to worry about leveling resta so much).

The reason why I suggest getting the Ra, Gi, and simple power techs to high levels is because, between Ra and Gi techs, you can pretty easily damage an enemy no matter where they are. Simple power techs have a huge damage modifier, are quick, and are easy on the PP, so they're great against single enemies. Techs get a pretty large damage boost if used against enemies of the opposing elements, so try to learn which types of enemies are where.

As for where to level, I first suggest trying to unlock all the lobbies. This way, you can easily get to any mission you want fairly quickly. After that, find a mission that gives you the rewards you want. Normally, expansion missions have great rewards and are overall more fun than pre-expansion missions. White Beast, which can be found by going through the Pavilion of Air in Neudaiz, gives a great amount of exp and mp for the amount of work you put in to it, but it can be a pain when soloing due to the amount of enemies that can put you to sleep.

panzer_unit
Apr 8, 2008, 08:18 AM
You need techniques for as many elements as possible... the proper-element damage modifier on techs is significant.

"basic" techniques are called that because they are the only ones that don't SUCK at low levels. Everything else has AOE gains that you absolutely need for effectiveness as enemies get faster. I'd suggest getting all four. Diga and foie will outdamage barta and zonde against a single target... but if you can line up two enemies at all I think they're close to equal.

You can get Ra- techniques for every element but light. That's probably the most useful type of spell overall, but don't work well at all until at least lv11 and you really want lv21+ when talking about high difficulty levels.

enoch
Apr 8, 2008, 09:13 AM
hmmm.... well lol so everyone is saying I should level every tech in the game rofl.
so foie isnt going to be useless! and I love the way nosdiga looks. barta and megid are my personal favorites! I keep useing foie on EVERY enemy in EVERy area and it hasnt let me down yet (considering the tech is almost the same level I am lol)

enoch
Apr 9, 2008, 01:01 PM
well I got into a party today and saw some people using massive techs!!!
there was one using a 21+ diga
a 21+ foie, the one that surrounds you and drops flames from teh sky
and a megid attack I belive wre a giant gravity well killed everything!
it made my 20 foie look ridiculous

Darius_Drake
Apr 9, 2008, 01:46 PM
Actually if you can also try Military Subway on Parum. Completing that on C with a S rank will give you 135 mission points. It also has enough creatures to kill that you will also level up your spells as well.

enoch
Apr 22, 2008, 01:02 PM
really, well rather thean make a new topic, I just decided to bring this one back

Im a level 5 fortetecher now, doing electric brain A I do between 700 and 1400 with my foie(wich is now level 30 http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif one more till the awesome animation!!!)
is this single hit tech worth it? if so I will go ahead and take it to 40.
but if not ...Id rather level my Rafoie

Randomness
Apr 22, 2008, 02:51 PM
Foie has the second highest modifier among techs (slightly behind Diga, but foie burns), and since no tech can multi-hit an enemy, foie and diga are your staples for the big stuff.

Kerry157
Apr 22, 2008, 03:56 PM
Get a couple high level dudes to take you for a ride in Egg Theives. Getting an S rank on difficulty B gives you 240 Mission points

_K1_
Apr 22, 2008, 09:00 PM
Foie is very useful. It was one of the first (proably just after Diga) techs that I capped, simply because I used it so much. I did most of my tech leveling pre-AOTI (on HSM and MD S back when that was the hot mission), but if anything its only increased in usefulness as people have moved away from missions that were filled with Fire element monsters.

Foie is a powerful single attack, which also has a decent SE. It's second only to Diga in terms of damage, but can also inflict Burn, which is far more useful than Silence (Diga's SE). There really aren't any downsides, unless you're only playing 'classic' PSU and the Parum missions that were all the rage back then.

Pandorasbox
Apr 27, 2008, 01:50 PM
Foie is one of the better techs in this game. Most techers would say it's a must have. It's dmg is best only beat by diga (for a single attk tech). Can get burn se4 which means it burns often and hurts. It's easily one of my fav techs.

Sexy_Raine
Apr 27, 2008, 03:17 PM
Foie is one of the first you should have, there is no excuse not to have it when playing FT.

Long range, and is good for bosses. Esp. De Rol le.

Learn how to use all type of techs, and pick the the one you feel it best for a for whay you're facing. The only way to learn is to try them for yourself.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sexy_Raine on 2008-04-28 09:18 ]</font>

KiiLoo
Apr 27, 2008, 10:00 PM
umm to lvl your class / PA / lvl try this thing call MAG... lol.

Zorafim
Apr 28, 2008, 12:29 AM
Foie is annoyingly good. Both Hunters and Rangers have a huge number of ways to deal against a single enemy, but the only thing forces can do is Foie, Diga or Nosdiga. Even if against the fire elemental dragon, Foie will do similar damage to any ice tech, if not more.

enoch
Apr 28, 2008, 11:07 AM
o.o i see now lol it owns in mag. and it looks so cool n.n im so happy i leveld this tech
its 33 now

KiiLoo
Apr 28, 2008, 07:59 PM
Asking if foie is usefull is about the equivalent to asking. Is meseta usefull

Drowsii
Apr 29, 2008, 09:54 AM
On 2008-04-28 17:59, KiiLoo wrote:

wow i "lol"ed for atleast 3 and a half minutes.....

KiiLoo
Apr 29, 2008, 10:03 AM
On 2008-04-29 07:54, Drowsii wrote:

On 2008-04-28 17:59, KiiLoo wrote:

wow i "lol"ed for atleast 3 and a half minutes.....

i got a million of 'em