PDA

View Full Version : PSU-XBox 360: BOYCOTT PSU

Freshellent
Apr 7, 2008, 08:31 PM
Rants Section.exe

Ultamix0
Apr 7, 2008, 08:31 PM
I think that sega has forgotton that they work for us. This game has been on the market for sometime now and still no pvp. And on top of that, there is only one boss worth fighting in the whole game. You guys know whom I'm speaking of. We need to remind sega that when we give our money we expect THE BEST. I think if we were to turn in our guardian lisences SEGA would get of ITS ass. AT LEAST GIVE US A BETA!!!!!!!!!!

Telina
Apr 7, 2008, 08:36 PM
believe it or not, there is more to video gaming than PvP. And the phrase "worth fighting" is the very essence of opinion, thank you for sharing it and continue to either play or quit.

VanHalen
Apr 7, 2008, 09:01 PM
I-I don't think that would work. I want episode 4 not to be JP only D:

Weeaboolits
Apr 7, 2008, 09:23 PM
It wouldn't, if everyone suddenly quit, they'd simply cut NA/EU support.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ronin_Cooper on 2008-04-07 19:24 ]</font>

PhotonDrop
Apr 7, 2008, 10:43 PM
PvP is for chumps.

omegapirate2k
Apr 8, 2008, 12:02 AM
On 2008-04-07 19:23, Ronin_Cooper wrote:

Yeaaah, OP really underestimates how little ST actually cares about the NA/EU market for PSU.

MrNomad
Apr 8, 2008, 12:32 AM
Just go away, if it bugs you that much just go away, so we don't hafta hear your stupid ideas and in turn become stupid like you u.u

DraginHikari
Apr 8, 2008, 02:19 AM

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ronin_Cooper on 2008-04-07 19:24 ]</font>

This pretty much sums it up. There something you're (The Opener) forgetting about this situation, in order to boycott something, the numbers have to actually threaten the larger party in some way. It doesn't work well in a situation where the boycotting group is so small that the 'big' guy will simply cut his loses instead of waste time trying to earn it back.

Even if Sega loses money on that, that've got little to lose on the whole issue in general. Which puts the users at a wee bit of a disadvantage. It's a uphill battle that most people feel can't be won.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: DraginHikari on 2008-04-08 00:21 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: DraginHikari on 2008-04-08 00:22 ]</font>

Zarode
Apr 8, 2008, 06:15 AM
Why is it that PvP is this miracle cure for this game all the sudden?

Do people understand that it would probably hurt this game more then help? Or is it the same BLACK BEASTS WITH RUBBLE RAXES WHO DO OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAAND DPS who just want to one shot everyone in a battle field and get cocky about it over the mic.

If you need that so bad, go play Halo or something along those lines.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Zarode on 2008-04-08 04:15 ]</font>

Weeaboolits
Apr 8, 2008, 06:16 AM
Additionally, we were never promised PvP, it's rather unreasonable to feel shortchanged for not receiving something you were promised.

That said, I certainly wouldn't mind a battle mode, PSO's was amusing, but as it stands now, I doubt it'll happen any time soon.

panzer_unit
Apr 8, 2008, 12:52 PM
On 2008-04-08 04:15, Zarode wrote:
Why is it that PvP is this miracle cure for this game all the sudden?

Do people understand that it would probably hurt this game more then help? Or is it the same BLACK BEASTS WITH RUBBLE RAXES WHO DO OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAAND DPS who just want to one shot everyone in a battle field and get cocky about it over the mic.

If you need that so bad, go play Halo or something along those lines.

I love the one PvP post I saw, something like "with my Ank Dedda in hand bring on the night of a hundred player kills!"

... as if AXES specifically would be any good in PVP. I guess you could hide around corners waiting for someone to step into LOLDUGREGA! which would pwn them incredibly hard. Supposing EVERYONE isn't just throwing slicers through walls to see what's on the other side.

Built-in wallhax make for awesome PVP right?

enoch
Apr 8, 2008, 12:52 PM
yea boycott psu...this should work out kinda like that canadian strike on south park >.>

Weeaboolits
Apr 8, 2008, 02:07 PM
Some walls block them though, if they made arenas that utilized this it could work reasonably well, I doubt it would be well balanced, but it could be fun.

Also, I'm on PS2, so no mics, if they tried to trash talk me, I'd just kill them while they were typing. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Sekani
Apr 8, 2008, 02:14 PM
No one else caught the hilarity of an Xbox 360 player asking (in all caps) for a beta?

panzer_unit
Apr 8, 2008, 04:00 PM
On 2008-04-08 12:07, Ronin_Cooper wrote:
Some walls block them though, if they made arenas that utilized this it could work reasonably well, I doubt it would be well balanced, but it could be fun.

Really? Where? I've seen people shoot slicers through all kinds of crazy stuff.

Weeaboolits
Apr 8, 2008, 04:12 PM
Walls that are upraised sections of the floor do sometimes, I think it was, though it wouldn't take too much effort for them to implement a slicer blocking wall.

Alternatively they could use the walls that techs and bullets go through as well, so we can all be hax.

Ultamix0
Apr 8, 2008, 09:22 PM
On 2008-04-08 00:19, DraginHikari wrote:

This pretty much sums it up. There something you're (The Opener) forgetting about this situation, in order to boycott something, the numbers have to actually threaten the larger party in some way. It doesn't work well in a situation where the boycotting group is so small that the 'big' guy will simply cut his loses instead of waste time trying to earn it back.

Even if Sega loses money on that, that've got little to lose on the whole issue in general. Which puts the users at a wee bit of a disadvantage. It's a uphill battle that most people feel can't be won.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: DraginHikari on 2008-04-08 00:21 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: DraginHikari on 2008-04-08 00:22 ]</font>

I see. You know, it's just that i love what this game could be. I'm sure that you have heard that they are adding more classes. Hearing that just made me pissed off. I also heard that pvp was attempted but it was imbalanced. If thats the case they should make a set of pvp classes to go along side the normal ones and work as a system of checks and balances. How about that concept.

Weeaboolits
Apr 8, 2008, 09:29 PM
PvP was attempted in PSO, not PSU. And, yes, it was imbalanced.

Edit: Generally if a game has a beta (which isn't typical for console games, I think), it'd be in the country the game was being developed, IE: Japan.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ronin_Cooper on 2008-04-08 19:31 ]</font>

Ultamix0
Apr 8, 2008, 09:29 PM
On 2008-04-08 12:14, Sekani wrote:
No one else caught the hilarity of an Xbox 360 player asking (in all caps) for a beta?

I for got that im an xbox player now. Another thing that i relize now is that the first version of psu online was a beta. THEY MADE ME THINK I WAS PAYING FOR A FINSHED PRODUCT. And oh yeah i got it for pc 1st.

Nitro Vordex
Apr 8, 2008, 09:41 PM
PvP would screw the game up even more.

We've already got the rare/equipment elitists. Do you really want some 100 people all saying,"Id kick ur @$$ in pvp nub"?

LOOK AT THE MONSTERS YOU'VE MADE ST!

omegapirate2k
Apr 8, 2008, 10:12 PM
On 2008-04-08 19:41, Nitro_Vordex wrote:

We've already got the rare/equipment elitists. Do you really want some 100 people all saying,"Id kick ur @$$ in pvp nub"?

They'd just be monsters somewhere else, really. PSU had nothing to do with their transformation to savagery.

Nitro Vordex
Apr 8, 2008, 10:38 PM
On 2008-04-08 20:12, omegapirate2k wrote:

On 2008-04-08 19:41, Nitro_Vordex wrote:

They'd just be monsters somewhere else, really. PSU had nothing to do with their transformation to savagery.

PSU did SOMETHING. ;(

omegapirate2k
Apr 8, 2008, 10:46 PM
It changed the medium of their stupidity, certainly.

DraginHikari
Apr 8, 2008, 10:53 PM
On 2008-04-08 19:22, Ultamix0 wrote:

On 2008-04-08 00:19, DraginHikari wrote:

I see. You know, it's just that i love what this game could be. I'm sure that you have heard that they are adding more classes. Hearing that just made me pissed off. I also heard that pvp was attempted but it was imbalanced. If thats the case they should make a set of pvp classes to go along side the normal ones and work as a system of checks and balances. How about that concept.

It's not the classes that make the game unbalance for PvP it's certain abilities. There are techs, skills, and bullets that are either unwhelming or broken.

In PSO you could start Battle mode at lvl one and work your way up but there is a problem with that here. Techs in particular, require the friggin skills to even use the Wands, Rods, or Madoogs.

Adding MORE classes isn't going to balance the game enough to be able to do true PVP fairly. The entire system would have to be reamped.