PDA

View Full Version : .hack//FRAGMENT now in english!

zandra117
Apr 9, 2008, 12:36 PM
Check it out. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GPj-4G8ANr0

A group of .hack fans have modded FRAGMENT and created english patches for the game. They will be setting up a new online server for it soon.

As for the legality of this, they have already gotten approval at the official english .hack site. It is now legal unless they get a C&D from japan.

Their website http://theworld.serveursprives.fr/
Their forums http://theworld.serveursprives.fr/bbs/

Also, they are just getting started and they need lots of beta testers, translators, possibly even server admins and moderators for the game later. And, of course, a supportive community. Im helping them get the word out.

.hack//frägment is an online RPG that is based off of the .hack//Games. It allows players to create a character, form a party in a text based lobby, join Guilds, then adventure in The World. Also, there is no monthly fee to play the game. It also has an offline free play mode.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: zandra117 on 2008-04-09 10:58 ]</font>

CelestialBlade
Apr 9, 2008, 12:52 PM
That actually isn't bad, I had heard this game ended up sucking so I quit following news about it, but it really doesn't look half-bad. Me and my guild are huge .hack fans so I may have to spread the word on this.

Shadowpawn
Apr 9, 2008, 01:22 PM
That's pretty decent. Is the beta period free, I might dl this and try it out.

Lighthero
Apr 9, 2008, 01:27 PM
Nice, I think i'll check it out =P

EJ
Apr 9, 2008, 06:29 PM
.hack is my favorite anime and i always wanted a game similar to it i need to check this out and if they translate everything into english than i will be on board with this.

zeroguy518
Apr 9, 2008, 06:36 PM
I loved 1-4 games on the PS2, hope it works it

Eihwaz
Apr 9, 2008, 07:05 PM
If this is somehow available on PC, I'd be more than willing to try it out a bit.

Vitamin_D
Apr 9, 2008, 07:47 PM
Wow that's pretty cool haha. I think I will indeed check it out.

Randomness
Apr 9, 2008, 07:58 PM
On 2008-04-09 17:05, Eihwaz wrote:
If this is somehow available on PC, I'd be more than willing to try it out a bit.

I'm guessing it is, since to get out downloads and all for play on consoles would be... tedious.

Noblewine
Apr 9, 2008, 08:05 PM
I saw this today and kinda felt it's too good to be true. I rather play the game in Japanese unless CC2 authorized it. though being able to spam Staccato will be nice.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Noblewine on 2008-04-09 18:06 ]</font>

DEM_CIG
Apr 9, 2008, 08:15 PM
hmmm interesting, i never played any of the hack games just because they werent online, but i might have to try this out. The anime was ok, i never really understood it... but it was interesting.

Randomness
Apr 9, 2008, 08:25 PM
.hack//SIGN is not big on explicitly whats going on, but you pick it up eventually.

Frana
Apr 10, 2008, 11:37 AM
I want the headset...

ngagerebel
Apr 11, 2008, 01:13 PM
where can i find the game?

Syanaide
Apr 11, 2008, 03:45 PM
Wow, this is the most amazing news I've heard in some time. I will definitely be keeping an eye out, thanks for the heads up.