PDA

View Full Version : Guntecher and Fighgunner Armor help

Gothica
Apr 10, 2008, 08:35 AM
My Guntecher is currently level 45 while my Fighgunner is level 27.

I've been gone for over a year so I'm not sure of which armor and units would be good for each job. Any suggestions?

Akaimizu
Apr 10, 2008, 09:15 AM
Whatever the best you can get for each is what I would say. I won't comment much on FiGunner.

As for Guntecher, if you're planning on equally using both sides of your class, there's a larger importance on 4 slot armors. But you can get away with the Right 3 as well.

Units I tend to use:

(Head) Har/Quick <-- If you heal and buff, this is almost mandatory for a tech-casting class that's relatively low on defense and hitpoints. Both fTs and GTs often equip this. This will also pay off once the Guntechers get that TP and Attack Spell boost.

(Arm) Bullet PP/Save: A godsend for the Guntecher for quite some time. Often enough you rely on guns and your stats tend to favor using weapons that keep you moving and dodging. Melee options are far worse than Fortegunner, yet you don't have the automatic bullet efficiency of them. To sum up, many of your guns will quickly run dry without it. It's truly a major difference in lastability.

(ARM) Some Power Unit: Whatever power boosting unit you can get is good. Your ATP (given your race compared to the same race of another) is otherwise second to the lowest. However, you can't have that and Bullet Save at the same time. Normally, I use this for bosses where you can go all out and not worry much about ammo. Classes with either a lesser reliance on guns or automatic bullet save built-in can have this on all the time without facing the same reprocussions. So I tend to use the Bullet Save during the levels, and switch to the Power Unit for the big guys. A few of the Power Units are just as significant a boost as a level 21 Shifta.

(Body): (A Resist Unit of some kind) Don't have to explain this one much. However, for many missions where it's not deadly to not have a Resist unit, this could be seen as the least crucial slot of the bunch. An Armor without a Body Slot is something a GT can live with. Sad part is, some really good armors are missing this, and some are great for your trip to one of those areas a resist unit can be good for. (I use a particularly decent Dark Armor for my way to Fakis, but is missing this slot. Not great to wear if he meteors and stuns you, but good for damage resisting)

(Extra): TE/PP Generate (Some kind of PP Generator) Another Godsend for the Guntecher. You're likely using a menagerie of Guns, Wands, and left-side options for techs; a little boost to your PP efficiency further goes a long way. (The secret of how my generally fast depleting weapons suddenly lasting through a level, and my recharge costs taking a dive is a combination of my Arm and Extra unit) Outside of that, this slot would be another consideration for being able to lose, I often had Stamina boosters in this slot, but I generally haven't seen them do a lot of difference. They look cool, though. So for the coolness look (which I'd expect even cooler looking attachments to arrive) this might be mandatory in that *kick butt* factor.

Take note: as for units, this might alter a bit once the Attack Tech and TP bonus comes. Having better Attack techs and tech power will definitely promote more Shadoog use, now that they would have a significant right-handed attack weapon to use. Shadoogs save plenty of PP.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Akaimizu on 2008-04-10 07:59 ]</font>

Celi-Ka
Apr 10, 2008, 02:03 PM
Since you're using a Beast Fighgunner (according to your sig), you should put emphasis on your Arm and Body slot units when shopping for armor. Head and Extra are nice bonuses, but not really essential. Since you're level 27, I'm not sure how high your DFP is, so you may or may not have access to all the good stuff yet. But you'll get there in no time.

In terms of slots:

Arm - Solid/Knight would be a pretty good choice, since it helps both your ATP and ATA. I would highly suggest this one since you're using a Beast. Great alternatives include (if you can find them) Giga / Skill PP Save, Cati/Power, and Hard/Power Charge.

Body - As mentioned before, appropriate resist units are nice, but not essential for a lot of the missions at this time. Besides, some of them come pretty cheap in Player shops (Burn and Confuse/Resist come to mind).

Head - Anything that raises your MST is good, at least if you don't plan on using Range-Mag's. If you DO plan on using Range-Mag's, try and get a Sori/TECH Charge or Orpa/Force. With the S-rank Her Secret Mission, Sori/Tech Charge is becoming really easy to get.

Extra - Nothing really essential comes to mind.

Hrith
Apr 10, 2008, 02:31 PM
Both Guntecher and Fighgunner can use Storm Line, which is an awesome shield for both classes. You cannot use that shield if you ever want to play Fortefighter, though.

Arm = Cati / Power for both classes

Body = Resist units

Extra = Hard / Stamina is the most useful extra unit by far, but it's not easy to come by.

Those classes don't really need a Head unit, but you can use Har / Quick on Guntecher and Sori / Tech Charge on Fighgunner, if you really must.

Dragwind
Apr 10, 2008, 02:43 PM
When you do climb the ranks, I suggest getting some Stormlines as well. Not too hard to come by, all 4 slots, decent all around stats.

Until then however, I would recommend going into some of the Tenora based armors for that evasion boost.

Para
Apr 10, 2008, 02:46 PM
Stormline = excellent armour.
Nanopolymers... not so excellent in finding them. lol

When you really rank up... aim for castest line or shinowa line.

Akaimizu
Apr 10, 2008, 02:47 PM
I'm still trying to successfully synth my own, Stormlines. They aren't hard to synth, just my luck isn't good with them yet. The polymers are a little annoying to get yes, but at least there are good farm locations for them. I'm going to keep looking for De Ragan Tails to keep getting the Stormline boards to drop. (And this is really odd, because it's actually working)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Akaimizu on 2008-04-10 12:48 ]</font>

Gothica
Apr 11, 2008, 09:04 PM
Alright http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif I'll look into getting decent armor. Right now Aries is sitting at 29, I keep forgetting the type of armor she's using. ><. I was told to find armor that has high light % on it. So I focus on that. Friend said something about grinding White Beast for the rest of my PSU life. Lol.

DEM_CIG
Apr 12, 2008, 11:15 PM
I dont no wut ur def is at, but for a nice Arank armor for ur GT u can get a phantom line, and a good s-rank armor is the stormline or castest line, u can use any of those armors for either class.

Gothica
Apr 13, 2008, 01:11 AM
For Aries it is currently at 59. Gothica I'm not so sure about since I haven't played her these past couple of days since I'm focusing more on my FG. Right now, Aries is using a Te-Senba line slot. Annnd I forgot what units I have on her. I do remember equiping a HP restore type though...

Gothica
Apr 13, 2008, 02:01 PM
Alright Gothica's gear is...
Body: Yamata-Senba
Arm: Giga/Bullet PP Save
Head: Har / Quick
Body Slot: Sleep / Resist

This is my armor set for White Beast.

dc534
Apr 14, 2008, 10:21 PM
Hard stamina is something to get because at 21+ end death from megid become a thing of the past.

Talise
Apr 14, 2008, 10:45 PM
=0 down resist ftw!... *waits*

Gothica
Apr 14, 2008, 11:15 PM
I'll look into the Hard / Stamina tomorrow. Anyone have an idea on price range?

Hrith
Apr 15, 2008, 03:57 PM
Since it cannot be found, it's bound to be expensive.

ljkkjlcm9
Apr 15, 2008, 04:25 PM
My figh is a beast and uses
serafi senba, storm line, castest line
Head- sori tech charge
Arm- Solid/Knight
Body- Orpad/Guard
Extra- Hard/Stamina

My AT is human and uses
storm line
Head- Har/quick (almost purely support so more speed!)
Arm- Solid Power S
Body- Orpad/Legs
Extra- Te/PP generate

I think this maximizes their potential with the current units I have available to me.

THE JACKEL