PDA

View Full Version : polygamist sect

enoch
Apr 10, 2008, 08:59 AM
yea were I live for the first time outsiders were permitted to enter the mormons temple. Inside there the police found around 500 abused women and little girls. these girls are so secluded from society that they threw up on the bus out because they had never been in a car before. and they couldnt stand fast food because they had never eaten it before

its on cnn.com. kinda interesting and sad.
what they dont say though is taht the mormons are like trying to surround the police station were the women and children are being kept. IT could be choas o.o anyone else hear about this?

MEIRA-EDIT: Title change.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: HUnewearl_Meira on 2008-04-10 13:43 ]</font>

SabZero
Apr 10, 2008, 09:07 AM
Yes, I read about it on jezebel.com IMO, religion or not, you are not above the law. Ever. Not ever. Although there's a reason why they like certain states in the U.S. - becaus ethey have a lower age of consent.

Still, it can't ever be right to marry a 14 year old girl to some fat, unshaven old fart.

They should round up all the men and throw them in a (different) jail. And "lose" the key.

Saner
Apr 10, 2008, 09:07 AM
what in the world? surround the police station? are they zombies or
something? maybe this shocking news is trying to make them
cover up the news somehow since it directly affects their religion and
temple symbolism or whatever.

but ya that is very terrible. They really gotta grab the ones responsible.

but why are mormons surrounding the police station? that's so dumb,
that's like acting like those abused people are their temple's property or something. hopefully the cops have plenty of tear gas.

enoch
Apr 10, 2008, 09:22 AM
idk. my friends brother in law is a cop there. Its nothing they cant handle, but you know I did hear a while back that another such cult that got so out of control in TX taht they just like bombed it or something, this could however be just a rumor. but apparently the bomb was an "accident" and no one asked questions

Saner
Apr 10, 2008, 09:31 AM
bombed it? bombed what? the cult's base?

enoch
Apr 10, 2008, 09:33 AM
yea, but Ive only heard this from a few people. its PROBABLY a rumor. but hell, these mormons are out of control. and there are ALOT of them

Ketchup345
Apr 10, 2008, 09:43 AM
Not sure about the accident part, but the part about the religious cult was true (I still see it come up often though, so this may be a different case). A search for Waco should bring up a lot of info.

Saner
Apr 10, 2008, 10:36 AM
what kind of cult was that? it isn't like that cult back then that like
suicided themselves when some moon or astrological sign would
bring them to a new world or something?

VioletSkye
Apr 10, 2008, 11:03 AM
There is a VERY HUGE distinction between the "Fundamentalist Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints" and the regular "Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints." Polygamy for modern day Mormons hasn't been practiced, nor endorsed since 1904. Every religion has their little branches that break off from the main vein and do their own thing (usually because they want to do/practice something/s that are not "allowed" or "endorsed" by the parent religion.) Although I have long since distanced myself from Mormonism (my family is Mormon, which as a child made me Mormon lol) I can tell you that my family and childhood was as "normal" as any of my friends (who are not Mormon) and I never witnessed any strange rituals lol. Although I'm strictly Agnostic and don't belong to any religion I'm still very close to my family and having grown up Mormon it is still amazing and sometimes funny to hear other's thoughts about what Mormon's supposedly practice/believe. Don't get me wrong, there are some (in my view) wacky ideas they still hold onto, but the really crazy stuff is only practiced by sects that have broken off from the main Mormon religion. The Fundamentalist and Reformed versions of the Mormon religion come to mind http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: VioletSkye on 2008-04-10 09:15 ]</font>

Weeaboolits
Apr 10, 2008, 11:25 AM
I remember about a weak ago some Mormons came to my door. They said they were gonna' give me a Book of Mormon, but they never did. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

I wasn't really interested in changing religions to be honest, but I thought maybe it would be an interesting read.

Kylie
Apr 10, 2008, 11:43 AM
On 2008-04-10 09:25, Ronin_Cooper wrote:
I remember about a weak ago some Mormons came to my door. They said they were gonna' give me a Book of Mormon, but they never did. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

I wasn't really interested in changing religions to be honest, but I thought maybe it would be an interesting read.

Well, those kind of Mormons are much different than the ones we're talking about here. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif Yeah, the LDS Mormons are considered sell-outs to the government to these Mormons, which consider themselves the "true" Mormons and practice polygamy, etc.

Frana
Apr 10, 2008, 11:43 AM
My Aunt converted. I allways ask her, "How's your god, Normon?" (I know that's not the real one)

TheOneHero
Apr 10, 2008, 12:36 PM
Thank you VioletSkye, I was very angered when I saw the ignorance of this topic and how my religion was being slandered.

But anyway:

Sure glad the compound got raided and a lot of the women and children were taken out.

Now if they could only do something about the F-LDS leaders. ._.

Edit* Can we edit the title to be more on subject/correct? ._.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: TheOneHero on 2008-04-10 10:39 ]</font>

enoch
Apr 10, 2008, 12:53 PM
o.o Im sorry, I was only refering to the el darado LDS I didnt mean to offend anybody
I know not all morons are like that

enoch
Apr 10, 2008, 11:40 PM
=D thanx for changing teh name anybody

Katrina
Apr 11, 2008, 12:06 AM
I couldn't imagine being secluded from society for that long, a lot have never set foot outside the confines of the compound. I'm all for freedom of religion, but when it infringes on the rites of the individual and oppresses one's freedom of choice i have issues.

Mewnie
Apr 11, 2008, 12:39 AM
They needed more magical underwear!

Fundies, no matter what denomination, are truly bizarre.