PDA

View Full Version : PSO-GC: Could item loss have been prevented?

Kamica
Apr 10, 2008, 11:17 AM
We all know why item losses happened: It was to prevent easy duplication.

Something that Sonic Team did right was to force a save after just about any action that you performed.

But what I don't get was why a save was not forced upon
the dropping of an item. Is there something else that I am missing or would this alone have been enough to prevent item duplication and to free us from the troubles of item loss?

Weeaboolits
Apr 10, 2008, 11:41 AM
The problem was items in your inventory would be deleted to prevent duplication, it apparently didn't work well as a security measure and ended up creating the dreaded FSOD.

Kamica
Apr 10, 2008, 11:50 AM
Yes but if the extra forced save was added, wouldn't it have been impossible to duplicate in the first place, thus removing the need for the item loss?

Weeaboolits
Apr 10, 2008, 11:56 AM
Keep in mind it was a console game, they couldn't change this sort of thing after the fact.

They fixed it on BB through the use of server side saving.

Kamica
Apr 10, 2008, 11:59 AM
I know that they couldn't have changed it.

What I am asking is if the item loss could have been prevented before game release.

Kunithrayin
Apr 10, 2008, 01:17 PM
Well they may not have anticipated that specific glich

Taleck
Apr 10, 2008, 05:32 PM
In online if you drop an item such as a rare, it saves. i'm pretty sure it's only rares and stuff you can't buy in the shops.

Kamica
Apr 10, 2008, 06:37 PM
On 2008-04-10 15:32, Taleck wrote:
In online if you drop an item such as a rare, it saves. i'm pretty sure it's only rares and stuff you can't buy in the shops.

Are you sure that a save was prompted upon the dropping of an item? I thought otherwise.

Kunithrayin
Apr 10, 2008, 08:02 PM
Well in offline it doesn't really matter cus it doesn't save anything until you push quit game

Cranberry
Apr 10, 2008, 11:13 PM
Online it saves if you drop an item you had equipped at the last time it saved. It makes no difference what that item is, rare or not, just as long as it was equiped the last time the game saves, it will save again if you drop it.