PDA

View Full Version : PSU: Soloing TDS2

Caradoc
Apr 11, 2008, 04:05 AM
Just a few questions about soloing TDS2 as a fF, my main weapons I like are Knucks, Twin claws, Twin sabres, and spears, I'll throw around an Axe a bit too situationally. I'm level 102, with 38% Dark Serafi Senba/Cati Power/Burn Resist(wish was freeze)/ME HP restore(wish was hard)

Anyway, Anyone have some suggestions on what PAs to use against the Gaoz? and the Tengogh things? and the other one I dont know what its called, but its the huge creature with the photon blade hands.

The rest of the stuff, like the big dog things the pannon and deljasomethings are never a problem...

Actually to be honest, the largest problem, is the 3 Gaoz at the end of the 2nd block... huge problem -_-

Also the boss, but he's a pain for a fF anyway I guess.

But yea, question anyone have some tips for taking out the 3 creatures I listed up there? or if you have tips for a fF on boss too that'd be great.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Caradoc on 2008-04-11 02:06 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Caradoc on 2008-04-11 02:39 ]</font>

Jakosifer
Apr 11, 2008, 04:12 AM
Gaoz - Assault Crush
Tengogh - Renzan-Seiden Ga [Just the first part]
Carriguine (Large creature with Photon Blades?) - Dus Majarra/Rising Crush

For boss...Anga Jabroga

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Jakomay_07 on 2008-04-11 02:13 ]</font>

Dragwind
Apr 11, 2008, 05:33 AM
Gao's - Twin claws - Renzan. Twin Knucks - first two parts of bogga robado. Twin sabers - Assault Crush

You can also do half decent with the first two parts of majarra to the gaos, but I wouldn't recommend it with the better knock up qualities of the above mentioned PAs.

For the jusnagans? (sp) If you have a high lvl light handgun bullet, use it. Otherwise, stick to a single target hitting PA. Same for that other single target enemy in the map (can't remember name atm)

th0rnz
Apr 11, 2008, 06:50 AM
Dilnazen (sp?) is the other creature, dus majarra works well, or rising crush.

Micro
Apr 11, 2008, 07:27 AM
Gaozoran - Assault Crush or Renzan Seidan-ga when alone. Jabroga the triple spawn at end if possible.

Jusnagun - Anything that can stun-lock them really. Assault Crush/Renzan Seidan-ga/Rising Crush.

Dilnazen - Weak to melee so anything strong/alot of hits works rather well.

Fakis - Jabroga or Majarra (If you're a Beast, Adaka Val when upside down)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Micro on 2008-04-11 05:28 ]</font>

Neith
Apr 11, 2008, 09:34 AM
I've run this 270+ times as a Beast fF so uh, I guess I can help http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

- Get a Freeze / Resist, definately. Gaozorans are annoying enough as it is, but at least with a Freeze / Resist you don't have to worry about getting combo'd to death while frozen. Shouldn't take too long to get one if you run De Rol C.

- Abandon maps with Jusnagun (the Tengohg-like monsters), unless you really want a Gudda Skela board. They're not worth the time to kill, so abandon and run Dilnazen maps if possible.

- For Dilnazen, I use Dus Majarra when they're with other monsters. Once I've thinned down the monster count, I use Bogga Robado (mainly the first part, JA'd) against them.

- For the Gaozorans, I use a pretty odd method, but it works. I use Renzan Seidan-ga with a Fuka-Misaki. The Freeze SE of the Fuka works well against Gaozorans, and ultimately stops them from triple-Foie owning me. However, I only use that when they split up from each other. When they group up, Dus Majarra on a decent Light spear. At the 3x Gao spawn, you'll see why a Freeze / Resist is so helpful. You only need to watch your HP, and generally keep it above 1500. Gaozoran Foie is very strange when it comes to damage, it varies a lot. Expect Foie crits to deal 1600+.

- Dulk Fakis (boss) is actually very, very easy for a Fortefighter. While he's the right way up, with his tail on the arena, use Dus Majarra on his tail from the side. You'll hit a number of targets, and although his tail is melee-resistant, your DPS will be much better than using a Handgun on his face. I say attack from the side, because 1) you hit more targets 2) you don't get hit by the main brunt of his tail lunges.

If you see Fakis' tail begin to sweep to the side, try and run as far away as you can- the tail swipe can kill my Lv125 Beast fF if it multi-hits her.

When Fakis hovers over the arena, firing the orange beams, I use that time to run to his tail (yes, his tail, NOT his head as a lot of people do), and rebuff. The reason I run to his tail is, 99% of the time, Fakis will have moved by the time you get to hit him, and he moves in 180 degrees. If you're standing where his tail is, when he moves, his face will be right where you are, ready to get owned. Attack his face from an angle, otherwise the tail stab will knock you away. While his face is vulnerable, I use an Axe with Anga Jabroga. Mine's Lv30, on a 22% Zagza, and I hit over 2500-4000+ per target, depending on its melee resistance. Majarra works too if you don't have Jabroga.

For the meteor attack, just make sure your HP is above 80% or so, and Trimate as soon as you get hit. A Stun / Resist helps, because sometimes the smaller meteors that come before the huge one can paralyze you. It's not necessary, but it might prevent a few deaths.

Oh, finally, if Fakis bodyslams the arena, run away a little and look at the 'tubes' protuding from his back. If after about 2-3 seconds, nothing has happened, run back in and Majarra/Jabroga him. It's just sometimes he fires missiles that have a massive AoE explosion, and will kill you very, very fast. He doesn't always do it though, so backing off a little helps you to gauge whether it's safe.

Just expect to die every now and again (Gaozorans are cheap as hell, and that final spawn is horrible), and you should be fine. Once you get Fakis' patterns down, he becomes a lot easier to solo. I tend to use about 5 mates in the fight at most, but like I said, I've done it over 270 times now as well.

Hope that helps a bit.

Darius_Drake
Apr 11, 2008, 12:15 PM
Wow, great tips. I will try them myself.

Talise
Apr 11, 2008, 06:04 PM
big tip=always run TD with at least 3 ppl...=possibly not miss your rare enemies?(and PA frags) for everything else, read HIVE guide.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Talise on 2008-04-11 16:09 ]</font>

Freshellent
Apr 11, 2008, 09:46 PM
On 2008-04-11 16:04, Talise wrote:
big tip=always run TD with at least 3 ppl...=possibly not miss your rare enemies?(and PA frags) for everything else, read HIVE guide.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Talise on 2008-04-11 16:09 ]</font>

Hmm... *points to the title*

Talise
Apr 12, 2008, 01:43 AM
*points to quote*

beatrixkiddo
Apr 12, 2008, 01:49 AM
He doesn't want advice on how to play the mission to get rare enemies. He wants advice on how to solo it.

Talise
Apr 12, 2008, 02:17 AM
Exactly, and why, to get rare drops, probably off the boss boxes. It's just retarded to hunt for a rare item while missing the chance to get 1 of 2 other rare items in the same run. Carriguine Rucar/blade and blackheart/tech save for rare map. It's a fast run, and it's even faster with 3 people. It's not like you're more likely to get a rare when soloing, in fact it's pretty much the opposite. You're gonna be running the mission in half the time or less with 3 people, and you're getting the chance to get 2 more RARE items(not talking about vulcaline/junaline and misc. crap.) I dun even care about the S rank(B. st) and 2 PA frags, that's just a bonus. And if you're gonna walk into Falkis without a stun resist, at least you can possibly get saved when you get meteored and stunned=1 less scapedoll to worry about. Right, once again, ALWAYS run TD with at least 3. I'll emphasis always this time.

Weeaboolits
Apr 12, 2008, 02:20 AM
Regardless of whether your advice is good or not, it simply isn't relevant to the question asked.

Talise
Apr 12, 2008, 02:32 AM
this forum is for helping people, and as such, it kinda is. Now he can just ignore this opinion or he can change his mind and take my advice, there's no reason why this shouldn't be here...

Neith
Apr 12, 2008, 12:48 PM
On 2008-04-12 00:17, Talise wrote:
Right, once again, ALWAYS run TD with at least 3. I'll emphasis always this time.

Since he's specifically asked for tips to SOLO it, the OP is clearly not concerned with the drops accessible through the 3-person door. If OP wanted a Carriguine-Rucar, Dark Satellite would be better for it anyway, and Ank Dedda is obtainable easier by every other drop it has.

While partying is decent for TD, and allows the S-Rank, there's no sense in giving advice to run it with a party when that's not what the OP asked.

Besides, TD is great to solo. Very easy money, easy boss drops and a decent, spammable bit of EXP/MP.

Edit: Also, if he's after the boss drops, TD is the best way to get Fakis' rare drops, unless you like running the tedium that is SEED Awakened, which takes many times longer.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: UrikoBB3 on 2008-04-12 10:50 ]</font>

Hrith
Apr 12, 2008, 02:53 PM
On 2008-04-12 00:32, Talise wrote:
this forum is for helping people, and as such, it kinda is. Now he can just ignore this opinion or he can change his mind and take my advice, there's no reason why this shouldn't be here...You're not helping if your answer is irrelevant.

The room which requires three people to open has Carriguine (FF cannot use Carriguine-Rucar) or Darbelan ([B] Ank Dedda costs 40k from shops).

TD spam, ignoring non-compulsory rooms, is the best way to hunt [B] Blackheart, [B] Tesbra, [B] Cubo Tuma and [B] Ank Zagza.

Talise
Apr 12, 2008, 03:40 PM
it's still faster to run it with 3 ppl -_-, it's true you'll get it all if you solo it, but sometimes doing it faster and getting to the boxes more can be better, and carriguine can still sell for several mil, more if you get the blade. Also(for UrikoBB3), any exp/mp/money you're lookin to earn is better if you kill faster and get S rank anyway.

And if you've said that TD is a fast run, I think you understand why it's better than Dark Satelitte for Carriguine.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Talise on 2008-04-12 13:43 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Talise on 2008-04-12 13:51 ]</font>

Weeaboolits
Apr 12, 2008, 04:21 PM
The point is, for whatever reason, the OP DOES NOT WANT TO RUN THE MISSION WITH OTHER PEOPLE, he is asking the best way to run it BY HIMSELF, giving tips on how to run it with a party is completely irrelevant because he wants to run it ALONE.

If he wanted tips on how to run it in a party, he would have asked.

I apologize for my bluntness, but you just don't seem to be getting it.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ronin_Cooper on 2008-04-12 14:26 ]</font>

Talise
Apr 12, 2008, 04:38 PM
Understand the situation, then try to help the best you can. YOU'RE SUPPOSED TO LOOK AT WHY HE POSTED THE QUESTION, OBVIOUSLY I HAVE THE OP'S BEST INTEREST IN MIND WHENEVER I POST. It's NOT a FAQ, you don't just answer whatever ridicious, or unridicious question it might be, like for example, read thread Is it impossible to get a GF in this game. What're you going to do, tell him how to charm a gf?

Neith
Apr 12, 2008, 06:14 PM
On 2008-04-12 13:40, Talise wrote:
Also(for UrikoBB3), any exp/mp/money you're lookin to earn is better if you kill faster and get S rank anyway.

And if you've said that TD is a fast run, I think you understand why it's better than Dark Satelitte for Carriguine.

Considering Meseta drops get split with more people, and the increase doesn't generally add up to the split (1.5k solo per Deljaban, or 2k with 2 people, which gives 1k), teaming up isn't much better. Enemies die in one combo anyway, so speed isn't an issue.

As for the Carriguine- I doubt TD is better to hunt Rucar. 1) You need 3 people to even get to the Carriguine room. 2) There's only one Carriguine, good luck getting the drop that way. 3) Dark Satellite doesn't take very long to solo either, the first 3 blocks take virtually no time at all, since a lot of the spawns are regular enemies. Even the large enemies don't slow the run down much. It's longer than TD, yes, but in TD you get ONE Carriguine. My personal opinion is that if you're hunting Carriguine-Rucar, you'd be mad to use TD. Considering Dark Satellite is also your only option for a Rucar when solo (oh, and good luck getting a random team who won't bail with the Rucar if it does drop http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif , and considering further that this thread is only concerned with soloing, TD is a pointless suggestion.

Anyway,this is going off-topic- the point is that the advice you gave didn't bring anything to the thread, since the OP was asking about soloing, NOT partying. If the OP had merely asked for tips on running TD, fine, but the thread title even says 'Soloing'... You can justify your comment all you want, but the OP will get no use whatsoever out of your suggestion if he's soloing, will he?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: UrikoBB3 on 2008-04-12 16:15 ]</font>

Talise
Apr 12, 2008, 07:25 PM
TD S2=115 enemies=can get rucar. TD=faster than DS because DS has 3 blocks, and on top of that you have to fight 2 carriguine at once, which also brings down the time. Of course if you're soloing then you WOULD have to stay with DS. Anyway, just because you still feel that soloing is better, I'm still not wrong in throwing this opinion out there. Maybe the always is an exaggeration I guess?(If you dun want a random party, there's always playin with friends) Anyway enough with that, I'm dropping out on this thread, so rest easy all http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

zatiochi
Apr 14, 2008, 01:14 PM
On 2008-04-11 07:34, UrikoBB3 wrote:
I've run this 270+ times as a Beast fF so uh, I guess I can help http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

- Get a Freeze / Resist, definately. Gaozorans are annoying enough as it is, but at least with a Freeze / Resist you don't have to worry about getting combo'd to death while frozen. Shouldn't take too long to get one if you run De Rol C.

- Abandon maps with Jusnagun (the Tengohg-like monsters), unless you really want a Gudda Skela board. They're not worth the time to kill, so abandon and run Dilnazen maps if possible.

- For Dilnazen, I use Dus Majarra when they're with other monsters. Once I've thinned down the monster count, I use Bogga Robado (mainly the first part, JA'd) against them.

- For the Gaozorans, I use a pretty odd method, but it works. I use Renzan Seidan-ga with a Fuka-Misaki. The Freeze SE of the Fuka works well against Gaozorans, and ultimately stops them from triple-Foie owning me. However, I only use that when they split up from each other. When they group up, Dus Majarra on a decent Light spear. At the 3x Gao spawn, you'll see why a Freeze / Resist is so helpful. You only need to watch your HP, and generally keep it above 1500. Gaozoran Foie is very strange when it comes to damage, it varies a lot. Expect Foie crits to deal 1600+.

- Dulk Fakis (boss) is actually very, very easy for a Fortefighter. While he's the right way up, with his tail on the arena, use Dus Majarra on his tail from the side. You'll hit a number of targets, and although his tail is melee-resistant, your DPS will be much better than using a Handgun on his face. I say attack from the side, because 1) you hit more targets 2) you don't get hit by the main brunt of his tail lunges.

If you see Fakis' tail begin to sweep to the side, try and run as far away as you can- the tail swipe can kill my Lv125 Beast fF if it multi-hits her.

When Fakis hovers over the arena, firing the orange beams, I use that time to run to his tail (yes, his tail, NOT his head as a lot of people do), and rebuff. The reason I run to his tail is, 99% of the time, Fakis will have moved by the time you get to hit him, and he moves in 180 degrees. If you're standing where his tail is, when he moves, his face will be right where you are, ready to get owned. Attack his face from an angle, otherwise the tail stab will knock you away. While his face is vulnerable, I use an Axe with Anga Jabroga. Mine's Lv30, on a 22% Zagza, and I hit over 2500-4000+ per target, depending on its melee resistance. Majarra works too if you don't have Jabroga.

For the meteor attack, just make sure your HP is above 80% or so, and Trimate as soon as you get hit. A Stun / Resist helps, because sometimes the smaller meteors that come before the huge one can paralyze you. It's not necessary, but it might prevent a few deaths.

Oh, finally, if Fakis bodyslams the arena, run away a little and look at the 'tubes' protuding from his back. If after about 2-3 seconds, nothing has happened, run back in and Majarra/Jabroga him. It's just sometimes he fires missiles that have a massive AoE explosion, and will kill you very, very fast. He doesn't always do it though, so backing off a little helps you to gauge whether it's safe.

Just expect to die every now and again (Gaozorans are cheap as hell, and that final spawn is horrible), and you should be fine. Once you get Fakis' patterns down, he becomes a lot easier to solo. I tend to use about 5 mates in the fight at most, but like I said, I've done it over 270 times now as well.

Hope that helps a bit.

Hi, I am about to start soloing this mission and was just wondering at what lvl you started soloing it yourself? I noticed you said your lvl was 125 but was that the lvl at which you started soloing TD S2? I myself have just turned lvl 90 (FF) and have Majorra maxed but don't have Ja'broken as I'm saving up PA frags 75 at the moment http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif. Anyway what I guess I'm asking is at lvl 90 would I be strong enough to tackle the mission on S2 difficulty?

Hrith
Apr 14, 2008, 02:05 PM
If you bring along good healing NPCs, easily.

zatiochi
Apr 14, 2008, 02:50 PM
On 2008-04-14 12:05, Hrith wrote:
If you bring along good healing NPCs, easily.

When you say "good" who or what would you recommend? And would it be better to take both NPC's that heal, or 1 good healer and 1 power EG Leo? Much appreciate your help.

At the moment I use my PM who is a 452 she casts a lot of lightning spells and does heal pretty well.

Hrith
Apr 15, 2008, 02:37 PM
GH 452, 454, 470, Maya and Bruce are good healers.

Caradoc
Apr 16, 2008, 03:24 AM
Wow Uriko that is awesome, I also have been using that claw PA but I've been using 33% light claws, I have some fukas I'm going to start taking to take advantage of that freeze, I hadn't even thought about doing that.

Awesome advice.

Also the party advice is appreciated, but I want to run this solo, all end drops go to me that way.

zatiochi
Apr 16, 2008, 09:40 AM
Well I had a try at this mission last night on S (thought I'd break into it gently) and take in mind I'm Lvl 91 with maxed Dus Majerra on a A class spear with 46 light and all went well till I reached that spawn of 3 Gaozorans http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif Those are pure an utter hell to beat, I took your advice and had a freeze/resist but still died 3 times.

I think I simply didn't heal myself fast enough, the fight with Fakis on the other hand went easily much more so than with the 3 Gaoz, anyway what I need to do is up 1 or 2 PA's to hit Lvl 21 and I'll give S2 a whirl or maybe just keep running the S difficulty and learn to hone killing of those Gaoz without taking to many death's.

Again thanks to all who offered and gave advice for soloing this mission I love a good challenge and you can't grumble at the drops either http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

Caradoc
Apr 17, 2008, 03:36 AM
ya 91 you can solo it, I used to do it when I was 90-95ish, I had no idea what I was doing and I just went through and died 7-8 times on S2, and never got anything at the end...

actually, to be honest, I've still never got anything from fakis -_- he's a stingy bastid

But I tried the Fukas Idea and I think it helped a lot, I have 3 sets of Fukas, and I emptied 2 of them killing those 3 at the end haha, but I didn't die at all until I went power beast on fakis, which is a death I'll accept coz I do so much damage before he can kill me.