PDA

View Full Version : PSOBB: Fomar question...

rebeljerm
Apr 12, 2008, 03:31 AM
im kinda new to melee Fomar, so i dont know what weapons i should useat my level (lvl 34), any suggestions?

SStrikerR
Apr 12, 2008, 10:24 AM
Well, I always find rods to be a good weapons for my fomar. Whichever you prefer, test them out and see what you like.

NegaTsukasa
Apr 12, 2008, 02:27 PM
what is your section ID? it can help you narrow down what you CAN use at your current level.

Eihwaz
Apr 12, 2008, 03:36 PM
A good weapon to start with would be Soul Eater. Follow the instructions in this guide (http://www.pso-world.com/sections.php?op=viewarticle&artid=1236), and you'll find yourself with a pretty decent Partisan-type weapon that your FOmar should be able to use with little difficulty.

A good handgun of some type and a plain old Double Saber (when you get enough ATP, of course) are also good staples for a melee FOmar that's just starting off. You also might find this (http://www.pso-world.com/viewtopic.php?topic=171583&forum=1) somewhat recent thread useful, as it has many well-thought out responses to the question "What should a melee FOmar use?"

avos20
Apr 13, 2008, 11:20 AM
well first i would suggest a good power mag around 150 power 4 god/powers g-assasin sabers red handgun or something a soul eater and a good saber.

Magus_84
Apr 14, 2008, 05:44 AM
At your level? Assuming you're still in Hard...tech casting'll probably be faster and simpler.

Offensive techs get beaten to death with the nerf stick in Ultimate, but they're still pretty good in Normal-Very Hard.

After you get to Ultimate and get some levels under your belt, you'll have the base stats to start actually doing damage with your melee.

If you're on Blue Burst, you have a few things that can really be of help. Fomar's weakness is his low ATA, and the following can help. Smartlink's a godsend if you make use of Handguns, Slicers, Mechguns, Rifles (the two you can use >_>) or Cards.

There's a 50 hit Double Saber from one of the Government quests that will come in handy. Check the guides here for more info on that. The Crimson Coat/Red Saber combo works pretty well too.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Magus_84 on 2008-04-14 15:53 ]</font>

SStrikerR
Apr 14, 2008, 06:41 AM
Erm, magus...how do you know he's on blue burst? Because if he isn't then the 2nd half of your post wont help =/

Magus_84
Apr 14, 2008, 05:51 PM
On 2008-04-14 04:41, Ryan113 wrote:
Erm, magus...how do you know he's on blue burst? Because if he isn't then the 2nd half of your post wont help =/

I don't. It was early, and the two topics in PSO General had me thinking Blue Burst. First half of it should apply to every non-v2 version, though.

Editing my post now. I apologize if the omission was confusing.

Cranberry
Apr 18, 2008, 01:04 PM
The topic lable says PSO BB. Pretty safe indication he's on Blue Burst.