PDA

View Full Version : Firefox 3.5 Beta

Nitro Vordex
Apr 12, 2008, 08:32 PM
I thought this might be useful for the people who are testing the new one.
Here's a link:
http://www.mozilla.com/en-US/firefox/all-beta.html

Post any bugs or something here, although you could post them at the Mozilla site, this could be good too, as I know there are a few computer programmers/ repairers around PSOW too.

For me, it's running pretty smoothly. According to Task Manager, it's taking about 40,000k for resources, which isn't TOO bad, compared to the previous version. Of course, add ons for your original Firefox might not work, but it might be totally worth it.

Posting here would be great for everyone. I also would like to learn more about the programming involved in a web browser as well.

Kylie
Apr 13, 2008, 12:46 PM
I'll have to give this a chance later. Out of all the browsers I've used, I have to say FF is the best. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif I had no idea they were releasing a new version.

CelestialBlade
Apr 14, 2008, 08:21 AM
The worst thing about it is how it's a resource-hog, so seeing that they're improving upon that is good news.

At least RAM prices keep going lower, so it really shouldn't be much of a problem anyway. With more and more people switching to Vista (oh god why), you need at least 2GB of RAM to run your system smoothly anyhow.

Kylie
Apr 14, 2008, 03:15 PM
I downloaded it. ;D It's pretty sweet and runs really smoothly. There are a few things I dislike about that need attention, but I guess that's why it's a Beta and not the real deal.

Sekani
Apr 14, 2008, 06:47 PM
I love Firefox, I really do, but compatibility issues have forced me back to IE7 for the time being. How I pine for the day when the web designers for major multi-national corporations stop using IE-specific scripting in their pages.

Sord
Apr 14, 2008, 08:45 PM
I'm going to go ahead and try this out. I used to use firefox, but prefered IE7 when it came out, if only because the tool bars didn't look damn cluttered (I hate having extra tool bars or ones with to many buttons.) FF3.5 has a similar interface, accept even more conservative, woohoo http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif So if this beta works well, I'll probably stick with it.

Nitro Vordex
Apr 14, 2008, 09:42 PM
Apparently, FF doesn't like Yahoo mail for some reason or another. Prolly a bug.
Sometimes I'd click on an email, and it'd say it encountered a problem.

Sord
Apr 14, 2008, 10:41 PM
i don't like yahoo, I prefer google as my homepage, you know, so I don't have to wait for all the useless crap I have no interest in to load. I'm having trouble DLing the adobe flash plugin within the browser itself. I'm going to try manual installation tomorrow when a huge DL I'm doing finishes.

Well, both the huge DL 2.2GB (which IE kept screwing up) and the manual install of the flash played succeeded.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sord on 2008-04-15 09:13 ]</font>