PDA

View Full Version : Offline Multiplayer Group of Friends, share findings.

Khali-rei
Jan 20, 2003, 03:45 PM
Well, I play mostly offline, multiplayer. (major bullet-time if you catch my drift) and we've found a pretty good sort of weapons and things. But then again, we've only found the stuff listed in the findings section. We look at the other symbols and they have similar things. This is a small list of rare things we've found together, photon drops and materials excluded.

Rappy's Wing
Booma's Arm
Gobooma's Arm
Gigobooma's Arm
Grass Assassin's Arms (they rain from the sky)
Dragon's Nail
Delsaber's Left Arm (plenty)
Delsaber's Right Arm (plenty)
Magic Rock "Moola" (x2)

Dragon Slayer (they rain..)
Gae Bolg
Red Sword
Red Handgun
Red Partisan
Red Daggers
Red Saber (yeah they all spell Heath)
Last Survivor
Kaladbolg
@!#$%#$% Slicers
Brave Knuckle
Angry Fist
God Hand
Supressed Gun
Caudeceus
Fire Scepter: Agni
Ice Staff: Dagon
Storm Wand: Indra
Club of Laconium
Club of Zalorium (or something like that)
Summit Moon (after using the magic rock moola)
Talis
Mahu
Double Saber
Meteor Cudgel
Stag Cutlary
#$%@#$% Varistas
Bravace
Justy
Visk
Inferno Bazooka
Crush Bullet
Guilty Light
Psycho Gun (name?)
Proto Regen Gear
Secret Gear
Custom Frame V.00
Custom Ray
Db's Armor
Db's Sword (some model)
Db's Saber
Graviton Plate
Resta 30 being the only technique at that max level that we've found. The others are above level 26.
Red Merge
Blue Merge
Foie Merge
Anti Merge
Shifta Merge
and amplifiers of each kind.
God/Arm

we've been playing for hours, I do believe this is all I remember that we found that was rare.. not completely sure. Anyways, everything else like a hildebear's cane and crap like that, we've gotten from someone else as well as mag cells.

Has anyone else found really really rare weapons offline?

Oranjuice
Jan 20, 2003, 07:08 PM
Playing offline multiplayer definitely gets you items that are 10x better than single player offline. I play mostly with my brothers, so we share pretty much everything, and passing items u can't use is a definite plus. I don't think offliners enjoy being able to get really really rare items.

Khali-rei
Jan 20, 2003, 08:07 PM
I totally agree, because the first time we got online on the gamecube version, we were all above level 100 and everyone else was somewhere between 50-90 and they all had awesome rares. So I figured it had to be the whole "online" thing about quests and what not. Maybe even dupes and hacks from what I hear.

dude3282
Jan 21, 2003, 12:53 PM
On 2003-01-20 16:08, Oranjuice wrote:
Playing offline multiplayer definitely gets you items that are 10x better than single player offline. I play mostly with my brothers, so we share pretty much everything, and passing items u can't use is a definite plus.

Therein lies my problem: my little brothers are item whores, for lack of a better word. A red box drops, and they are arguing for half an hour before it gets tekked. My memory card got corrupted in an argument over a Twin Psychogun. It's just pathetic.

Cloud_01
Jan 21, 2003, 06:33 PM
That's what I hate about offline multiplayer, the arguments over who gets the rares. I say who ever kills the enemy that dropped the rare gets it. That sounds only fair.

Khali-rei
Jan 21, 2003, 06:46 PM
True but here's two things. If it wasn't for the symbol, you wouldn't even get the item. And you're not playing alone, people should share their rares. Seriously, I hate it when one of my stupid friends has a force, and he won't give up his dragon slayer to another friend who is an awesome hunter. Stupid ya know? that's why I only play with a select few. We sit down and talk about what we wanna find, then when we do find items, we tell each other to pick them up and find out what it is instead of "quietly" trying to pick it up and then brag about it. It's fucking stupid. People will argue over and over, and in the end... it's just another !#$@%!# VARISTA!!!!! so just freaking loosen up if anyone ever argues over some stupid SECRET GEAR or some crap. It's not worth it to piss of your friends, because if you do, they just won't give you shit ever to begin with. And don't lie, everyone can see your screen.... hahahahahahaha... ghad.. I hate playing with my other friends...

Zack_Morris
Jan 22, 2003, 01:22 AM
The problem with the whole "whoever killed it gets it" plan is most the time me and my friends are teaming up to kill something. In that case whoever picks it up gets it.
If it's totally clear the person killed the mob on it's own they get the rare drop. We try to share the weapons though, if it's someones favorite type of weapon we usually give it up to that person. It's hard not arguing like a little kid...but if we did it would turn ugly fast. So if my friend picks up something good i'll just cringe and deal with it.

Reven
Jan 22, 2003, 07:16 AM
Multiplayer won't increase the chances of a monster dropping a rare, it will only increase the number of monsters there are and how difficult they are, it also doesn't matter whether you're online or offline. The chars that were seen online were probly more than likely using duped items or items that the person got with another character and handed over to a new char. Take my Force for example, she had almost all her spells over level 20 before she was lvl 10 and I play offline only...

My lvl 120 HUcaseal has both a Demolitioni Comet and a OritiAgito (not to mention many other rares) and once again I am offline only.. not to mention I barely ever play multiplayer.. I don't think I've found any rares in multiplayer mode