PDA

View Full Version : I Hate My Neighborhood.

Leviathan
Apr 14, 2008, 04:59 PM
This happened about a few minutes ago.

Some lady came up to my mom when I came back from picking up my little brother from school. This lady comes up in her car &asks my mom to come up to her. So my mom walks over to her car. The lady in the car says to my mom:

Lady: So, when are you going to something with the landscaping of your house?

Levi's Mom: That's none of your business.

Lady: Why did you come to live here if you don't even want to fix up your landscape. I'm your neighbor &I care.

Levi's Mom: Keep driving.

Lady: <Yelling this time around.> Do something with your house!

Levi's Mom: Keep driving, keep driving, you don't matter at all.

The lady lives several houses away from us. She's no where near us.

Not only that but she did that whole thing in front of her kid. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_disapprove.gif

This isn't the first time something like this has happened. This has been going on for years.

We receive several complaint throughout the years I've lived here &they always seem to make up rules whenever it seems convienient.

Ex. They're needs to be rails on the outside of the house.

The two that lives across from us doesn't have rails on their house anywhere.

Ex. They're needs to be flowers on your yard.

The house next to me doesn't have flowers. A house a few streets away doesn't have flowers. I have flowers in the front &back yard.

<Takes a deep breath.>

I'm done. =]

Katrina
Apr 14, 2008, 05:49 PM
Rails and flowers seem awful picky. My sister and brother in law live in an upscale suburban neighborhood in Toledo, they have similar off the wall rules, but most people mind their own business and concern themselves with their own property.

'Legitimate' concerns such as junked out cars rusting in the front yard, 4 month overgrown uncut grass, whatever, are forwarded to the housing committee (aka: "yuppie rules & regulations social & gossip club").

Unless there's something there lowering the property values in the neighborhood, flowers and railing seems a bit picky. Sounds like a nit picky neighbor who has some OCD issues.

McLaughlin
Apr 14, 2008, 06:06 PM
I had a lady on my street harassing me about my dog, so two weeks before I moved I started "saving" all his crap. The day after I moved on my way to school I left it all on her front porch and set it on fire.

It was epic.

ABDUR101
Apr 14, 2008, 06:10 PM
Stop caring about what uppity douchebags have to say; giving them attention only feeds them.

Also, "Keep driving" was the wrong answer, a loud middle finger was what we were looking for.

Kylie
Apr 14, 2008, 06:46 PM
Ugh. I know what you mean. My neighbors now aren't so bad, but I had the worst in the neighborhood I grew up in in most of my teen years. -_-; They were the most stuck up, nosey people I've ever met. My entire family is private, so it made for interesting times...

KodiaX987
Apr 14, 2008, 06:54 PM
Reminds me of mom. She's genuinely afraid that the fact the neighbor didn't do any landscaping or paving of her driveway will decrease the value of her own home.

So far, she's been completely deaf to my offhand suggestions to just drop the subject.

(as usual...)

Gunslinger-08
Apr 14, 2008, 11:23 PM
I've not had any experience with those specifics, but my old neighbors next door called codes and forced my folks to get rid of a Volkswagen Beetle that we had been planning to fix up. (It was going to be MINE!) Yeah, neighbors can be the most awesome people ever, or they can just be a PITA that you want to strangle.

Nitro Vordex
Apr 14, 2008, 11:48 PM
On 2008-04-14 14:59, Leviatha wrote:
*post*

Oh wow, you didn't type in small. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

Anyway, that person= Jealous.

True story.

Also, the middle finger suggestion is a good one.

Powder Keg
Apr 15, 2008, 10:57 AM
A lot of neighborhoods have requirements to keep the place not looking like a ghetto. Painting your fences, etc. But I've never heard of another resident getting into it. It's the borough's responsibility, not a resident's.

SabZero
Apr 15, 2008, 11:14 AM
Hm, if someone bugged me about my yard, I'd find a way to put up a giant hot-ink phallic statue. Yes, out of spite, haha.

ABDUR101
Apr 15, 2008, 01:41 PM
I'd report the neighbor for harassment to the borough, let them know whats going on and so on; that you want to know what the 'rules' are partaining to what the lady mentioned, and that she's been harassing your family about your house and is there anything that can be done about her. Turn the tables abit.

Seority
Apr 15, 2008, 02:12 PM
We haven't had any of that really. All our neighbors seem to forget that we live in a neighborhood. Sure, we wave at each other, but don't really give two-sh*ts what our houses look like, nor about each others lives. I like it this way.
If my neighbors DID have a problem with me, I'd continue to do what I do now. Don't listen, don't care. My frickin house.

thunder-ray
Apr 15, 2008, 02:14 PM
When something like that happens *puts up middle finger* The good old middle finger makes your point.

Vanzazikon
Apr 15, 2008, 02:16 PM
At least you're not risking your life as neighbors tell you what to do. In my neighborhood, they settle their disputes with guns. Almost everytime *gunshot* "everybody get down."

Leviathan
Apr 15, 2008, 09:07 PM
On 2008-04-15 11:41, ABDUR101 wrote:
I'd report the neighbor for harassment to the borough, let them know whats going on and so on; that you want to know what the 'rules' are partaining to what the lady mentioned, and that she's been harassing your family about your house and is there anything that can be done about her. Turn the tables abit.

That lady is friends with everyone in the home association thing.

They postponed the time we moved into the house. One inspector said the fire place needed to be gas, so we put gas in &then another inspector said that was against regulations.

They told my dad to go back to Africa once. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_disapprove.gif

We tried to find a lawyer but none of them want to take up the job. I don't know why, seeing as how a case like would obvious get the lawyer large sums of money as well as my family.

I believe we have a case built up, the neighbor's let their dog shit on the yard numerous times, but I just need to take pictures of it &submit it as evidence that even they don't follow the rules.

They all seems so pious. It sickens me.

AlexCraig
Apr 15, 2008, 09:34 PM
Tch! Saying your dad needs to move back to Africa? That's fucking racism! I'd say get the hell out of that neighborhood.

ABDUR101
Apr 15, 2008, 09:49 PM
Out of spite I'd sue the fuck out of them, then I'd GTFO out of the neighborhood.

omegapirate2k
Apr 15, 2008, 11:37 PM
I'd say go on a killing spree.

At the very least annoying neighbors won't be there to bother you anymore.