PDA

View Full Version : Brush. Your. Teeth.

Eihwaz
Apr 15, 2008, 09:55 AM
Dear motherfuckers,

Oral hygiene is an important component of normal everyday life. Personally, I try to thoroughly brush my teeth and swish with mouthwash at least once a day, if not twice. I even make sure to scrub the back of my tongue, as bad-breath causing bacteria love to hole up back there.

If you do not brush your teeth, you might be surprised that, when I see your plaque-caked yellowish teeth and inhale the unholy fume that constitutes your breath, I begin to gag profusely.

It's fucking gross. Please, take care of your teeth. If you're a gross fucker who doesn't care about their own cleanliness, that's OK! Just think of everyone else who has to deal with your halitosis-infested ass.

Cheerio,
Eihwaz

P.S. Chewing gum of any description by itself does not equate to proper oral hygiene either.

enoch
Apr 15, 2008, 10:26 AM
>.> I brush my teeth way too much.... I have mouthwash inmy mouth like every ten minutes(not really but you get teh point)

Out_Kast
Apr 15, 2008, 10:29 AM
I have retainers at the moment. So if I don't brush them, not only do they go really cloudy but they also trap a lot of saliva.
Which tastes... disgusting.
But with regular brushing, I'm good. Three times a day http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

thunder-ray
Apr 15, 2008, 10:34 AM
I brush my teeth twice a day and use listerine mouthwash .

SabZero
Apr 15, 2008, 11:16 AM
Ey, don't tell me what to do. My teeth are yellow because a psycho dentist decided to do root canals on them, and I like coffee. I don't have stinky breath. Might smell like coffee. I can't tell right now, the cold has taken away my sense of smell >_>

Kylie
Apr 15, 2008, 11:41 AM
Dental hygiene has always been important to me. I brush my teeth every day, I go to the dentist twice a year, etc. I also have perfect teeth without ever having braces. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Solstis
Apr 15, 2008, 11:42 AM
Flossing is also incredibly important.

Sord
Apr 15, 2008, 11:53 AM
I don't brush my teeth everyday, but I don't eat a lot of sugary foods to begin with and don't drink much soda. I've never had a cavity, and I brush enough that my teeth aren't a horrible yellow, they just aren't glistening white. Though if my breath stinks I will brush my teeth ASAP because I can usually taste it and it tastes horrible.

Actually, I think I'm gonna brush now x_X

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sord on 2008-04-15 10:06 ]</font>

Eihwaz
Apr 15, 2008, 12:03 PM
On 2008-04-15 09:16, SabZero wrote:
Ey, don't tell me what to do. My teeth are yellow because a psycho dentist decided to do root canals on them, and I like coffee. I don't have stinky breath. Might smell like coffee. I can't tell right now, the cold has taken away my sense of smell >_>

It's okay if your teeth are just a bit coffee-stained. I was more referring to the hideous plateaus of grimy plaque some people have. You can see the texture on their teeth, and it's utterly horrifying. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_disapprove.gif

On the other hand, I am glad that most of PSOW seems to be on the up-and-up when it comes to proper oral hygiene. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

panzer_unit
Apr 15, 2008, 12:47 PM
My family was way more strict than that... brush your teeth after every meal and before going to sleep, floss at least once a day, mouthwash NOT OPTIONAL before going to any social setting.

enoch
Apr 15, 2008, 12:56 PM
mouthwash feels so good though >.> its like candy

SabZero
Apr 15, 2008, 01:03 PM
You know desinfecting your mouth will kill bacteria that are Ok to be there, and open the door to the bad guys?

When I had a dental surgery, I was using an antibiotic mouthwash and weird stuff went on on my tongue, it got a brown layer of nasty. The dentist said, "oh brush your tongue too". I never needed to do that before, how was I supposed to know *rolls eyes*

My latest dentist put it right: "never mess with the teeth unless absolutely necessary" (regarding root canals etc)..

Actually, most people don't get to be close enough for me to find out their breath... personal space and all.

enoch
Apr 15, 2008, 01:15 PM
well yea. I brush my inner cheeks and everything. teeth arent special.....*cry* but my old braces left stains...

....They also glued a retainer to the back of my teeth. I cant even rememeber its there half the time, but taht was three years ago...idk when its supposed to come off O.O

Seority
Apr 15, 2008, 02:14 PM
Agreed.
I hate my friends who have pearly whites, but brush maybe once a week. I've been brushing, flossing, gargling, and using harsh chems for years now. My dentist says I might need dentures at age 30. AT LEAST MY BREATH SMELLS GOOD M*FCKER!
>:l

Eihwaz
Apr 15, 2008, 04:05 PM
Yeah, brushing your tongue is essential! I try to find toothbrushes that come with a tongue scrubber built in, otherwise I just suppress the ole gag reflex and scrub all the way to the back of my throat.

astuarlen
Apr 15, 2008, 05:58 PM
A big AMEN to this thread. I seem to have been noticing more than ever how bad some folks and/or their breath smells at normal conversational distance.

On 2008-04-15 12:14, Seority wrote:
I've been brushing, flossing, gargling, and using harsh chems for years now. My dentist says I might need dentures at age 30. AT LEAST MY BREATH SMELLS GOOD M*FCKER!

Spoilered for more than you want to know: Damn, I sympathize; dentist says I have great, clean teeth (and, hey, they're finally straight after years of orthodontia), but my gums tend to be irritable despite adhering to my recommended routine. Apparently body chemistry and other uncontrollables are to blame for these inequities. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: astuarlen on 2008-04-15 15:59 ]</font>

DreXxiN
Apr 18, 2008, 07:07 PM
I can't beleive people DON'T Know that you have to brush your tongue...

Mystil
Apr 18, 2008, 07:18 PM
Yea I went about 15-18 years without ever brushing my teeth. I'm paying for it dearly now and trying to save whats left of my mouth. I take better care of them now but the damage has been done to my bottom jaw which will not have many teeth left after my dentist is done.

Don't be like me and be 25 with 9 teeth that have to be removed.

McLaughlin
Apr 18, 2008, 10:03 PM
I brush after every meal. Flossing I only do in the morning and before bed, because it's a total pain in the ass with my braces.

enoch
Apr 21, 2008, 10:42 AM
ah teh braces, I used to think those looked cute on girls >.>
hell its not worse than those old fashioned plastic casde jaw expanders....I talked like I had a horrible lisp lol

Sharkyland
Apr 21, 2008, 07:44 PM
I brush my teeth though I hate flossing but I use toothpicks instead. I love spearmint breath mints. Umm... I'm still a sucker for bubblemint flavor. XD

SStrikerR
Apr 24, 2008, 08:06 PM
I hate brushing my tongue....I throw up cuz i gag so much. But since i hate when my breath smells like somehting outta hell, I suck it up and throw up >_>

Zorafim
Apr 24, 2008, 10:52 PM
The topic title reminds me of this (http://youtube.com/watch?v=sOcMFeWUsuM) (warning, strong language and low sounds).

Alamar
Apr 26, 2008, 12:32 PM
LOL Zorafilm. I brush after each meal. I do my tongue also it a makes me gag ,but needs to be done. I can not understand why you would not do this. Not just to be clean but to stay away from the horrible dentist. Anyone seen the movies? The dentist? LOL You will know pain gah I love it but makes me cringe like no other movie.

Zorafim
Apr 26, 2008, 01:12 PM
Well, I know why I don't. "Meals" for me are snacks. I eat, then I get to whatever I was doing. I don't have the formal ceremony most americans do of sitting down and eating everything at once. Thus, there is no after-ceremony cleansing of the mouth. In order for me to do so, I have to realize how bad my mouth tastes, or be annoyed by how much food is left in, so I may end up brushing a few hours after the meal.
This ends up poorly if I eat before bed, of course.

McLaughlin
Apr 26, 2008, 09:36 PM
I snack all day (I only eat Breakfast and Dinner), but I just brush on my lunch break, so that it never gets too bad during the day.

Having food stuck in my braces drives me insane.

enoch
Apr 26, 2008, 10:19 PM
speaking of this all......Ive been eating large amounts of beef jerky lately...and chocolate donuts. my back tooth is KILLING me. do i have a cavity...or a jerky pain?

Skuda
Apr 27, 2008, 12:54 AM
I sorta have a problem with this...

I was born with yellowish teeth. Not like, outright yellow, but not sparkly white. My mom has it as well, as does my youngest brother. I'm a tad self concious about it. I have no idea how many people have been like "eww, yellow teeth." in the past. I don't smoke, I brush at least twice a day, and I've been cutting back on my corroding beverages as of late.

I've never had a cavity, or any tooth problems in my life. They're just sorta yellow. XP

However, I think I will invest in some whitening strips. Wouldn't hurt to try.

Mystil
Apr 27, 2008, 09:24 AM
On 2008-04-26 20:19, enoch wrote:
speaking of this all......Ive been eating large amounts of beef jerky lately...and chocolate donuts. my back tooth is KILLING me. do i have a cavity...or a jerky pain?

Probably need to floss back there. It's annoying and hard as hell to do but it may help. Sometimes food will get stuck in the pockets of your gums.

Cavities for molars in my unfortunate experience tend to form around the sides of the tooth, rather than the top of the crown. If there's a distinct black line going down on the side, its a cavity forming http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif. So check it out and get it filled ASAP.

Dre_o
Apr 27, 2008, 10:14 AM
On 2008-04-26 22:54, Skuda wrote:
I sorta have a problem with this...

I was born with yellowish teeth. Not like, outright yellow, but not sparkly white. My mom has it as well, as does my youngest brother. I'm a tad self concious about it. I have no idea how many people have been like "eww, yellow teeth." in the past. I don't smoke, I brush at least twice a day, and I've been cutting back on my corroding beverages as of late.

I've never had a cavity, or any tooth problems in my life. They're just sorta yellow. XP

However, I think I will invest in some whitening strips. Wouldn't hurt to try.

I'm pretty much the same way as Kuda. I always brush my teeth and tongue but never can seem to get them any whiter. Oh well, biology is a bitch.