PDA

View Full Version : Single Claw PA Question

LTrav2k
Apr 15, 2008, 11:09 AM
I'm trying to pick a single claw PA which will be a quick answer to enemies surrounding me, especially if I technic cancel it for just the second part. Between these two, which hits more targets on the second part?

Bukuu Saien-zan

or

Shousen Totsuzan-ga

The only thing I'm wanting to make sure of is that I can knock away the most targets possible in case a lot of mobs jump on me.

panzer_unit
Apr 15, 2008, 11:33 AM
Why not Senten?

Between those two I might say Shousen because that's the better part of the PA.
Anybody using Bukuu uses it for the first move @ 3x3 + launch.

LTrav2k
Apr 15, 2008, 11:48 AM
The second part of Senten is dedicated to only one monster, correct?

If Senten is better, I'm open for suggestions... I just want to have an escape button if I'm trying to heal or debuff.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: LTrav2k on 2008-04-15 09:49 ]</font>

panzer_unit
Apr 15, 2008, 12:36 PM
Senten ends in a 3 target x 1 hit Blow-Away, I think hits a 360 around your character but don't quote me on it.

Bukuu's a 360 move as well, but 2 targets x 2 hits all with Blow Away. It will only do 2 monsters unless they're far enough back that the first hit blows 'em out of reach before they're tagged by the second.

Shousen's directional. 2x4 hits ... it used to be fun to sweep the second move across a bunch of attackers and send them flying. I haven't used it since AOI but according to the JP wiki it's knockdown on the first 3 and blow away on the last.

mll
Apr 16, 2008, 03:58 PM
Senten is probably the best of the three for knocking enemies away, it doesn't hit in a 360' circle, its more like 120', but its enough. Its accuracy is kind of dissapointing particularly on WT though (starts and ends at 70%).
Bukuu comes out a bit faster and hits in a full circle. But only hits 2 enemies and does a fraction of the damage of Senten (2500 vs. 1200 per hit).
You could try not using the technic cancel and using the first part of bukuu - hits three enemies with knock-up, with 87% accuracy at level 30 and pretty good damage (roughly 900 per hit 3x3). No point in overcomplicating things right.

Dragwind
Apr 21, 2008, 05:49 PM
I honestly wouldn't bother with the technic cancel. I would just use the first part of Bukuu.

If you really desire to knock everything away on the second part using a technic cancel, I'd probably go for shousen. Senten is alright, but imo Shousen has a bit more control of were you can aim it, although it isn't 360 around you.

LTrav2k
Apr 24, 2008, 09:51 PM
Thanks for the advice, I'm probably just going to look into Bukuu because if it's launching three mobs... that's good enough for me.