PDA

View Full Version : battlefront fules of war. or culdacept saga >.>

enoch
Apr 15, 2008, 01:17 PM
We started to call bttlefront fuels of war "battlefront fuels of boredom" cause the matches are so long.

but i just rented culdacept saga....the first match took me an hour and a half!

o.o wich one is longer?

Saner
Apr 15, 2008, 01:36 PM
who knows. maybe culcept because its slower paced? http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Syanaide
Apr 15, 2008, 02:12 PM
Did you just fuse Battlefield with Frontlines: Fuel of War?

enoch
Apr 15, 2008, 02:18 PM
XD I guess so

Sekani
Apr 15, 2008, 05:00 PM
Culdcept Saga is boring.

Sinue_v2
Apr 15, 2008, 05:14 PM
I'd suggest getting neither. Played the demo, but the lag was so horrendous that I could barely manage a small match between me and my cousin. Perhaps they've fixed this, I don't know. But it doesn't forgive the sniper rifle. Brilliant design decision, there, allowing players to climb up to breath-taking advantageous sniper points - but restricting the view by fog and clouds so that you can only snipe at what's directly below you. You know.. where the floor and railings are.

So my cousin buys it for the "easy unlocks", then decides he doesn't want it after all. He loans it to me, but I've yet to even pop it in. I might play it later to see if things have improved, but I'm not expecting much.

Raine_Loire
Apr 16, 2008, 05:27 AM
I just bought culdcept saga... not... too... fun...

enoch
Apr 16, 2008, 09:13 AM
T.T Im sorry. about 3 matches into culdacept I took it back >.>
*COUGH* yugioh

Syanaide
Apr 16, 2008, 11:11 AM
It only took me until halfway through the training level to realize the game was boring, and the cpu cheats. 3 matches, you're a masochist.

Jife_Jifremok
Apr 19, 2008, 02:00 AM
Culdcept was one of my favorite PS2 games for months, until I just got bored with it and would only play on occasion. I can see why people would find it boring since it's slow-paced, but I'll take this over any ordinary RPG, strategy RPG, board game or TCG anyday.

It's got a level of strategy I've rarely (if ever) seen, where good planning is needed for long term AND short term, contingency plans are necessary in case things go wrong, and luck can be incorporated into plans. There are many ways to win; you could build up and defend your territory really well, steal the enemy's territory with good offense (and there are various tactics for dealing with this!), rely more on the "passing go" bonus, balance out these tactics. Massive comebacks and great leads (and chokes) are quite possible with a good plan and/or some luck---if you're far behind, there's still no need to give up! And if you're dominating, you'd better be careful as your lead can become highly jeopardized by one really good move on the enemy's part. If you're really good, you can destroy the enemy outright at every turn regardless of what the dice roll or what cards are drawn! If both of you are good, it could be a close game the whole way through. And when you get into it, sometimes there are epic battles as decisive battles are fought throughout multiple turns.

It's also the only game I've had to endure horrible snowstorms and public transportation to get...only for it to become reeeally easy to find a month or so later. I'm damn glad it was worth it.

I have no idea how Culdcept Saga compares to the PS2 one though.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Jife_Jifremok on 2008-04-19 00:01 ]</font>

Rubius-sama
Apr 19, 2008, 02:54 AM
I played the Culdcept Saga demo and thought it was great. Just don't have the time right now for the full version.

Raine_Loire
Apr 19, 2008, 09:08 AM
On 2008-04-16 09:11, Syanaide wrote:
the cpu cheats.

QFT

enoch
Apr 19, 2008, 01:21 PM
On 2008-04-19 00:54, Rubius-sama wrote:
I played the Culdcept Saga demo and thought it was great. Just don't have the time right now for the full version.

'do you have dry ice in your brain or something o.o

its so bad that I went and rented lost oddesy again (after promising myself to never play that game again)