PDA

View Full Version : Sega taking resta from certain enemies??!!!! WHAT?

Yunfa
Apr 15, 2008, 05:04 PM
Well sega removed resta from most of the enemies -----

Taken from the screenshot thread, now I have never heard of this...when will this be implemented for the U.S. server? O_O

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Yunfa on 2008-04-15 15:06 ]</font>

RemiusTA
Apr 15, 2008, 05:08 PM
They wanted to fix AFK leveling but failed to realize that they just rendered an entire monster group of AI useless. There is now absolutely no reason to care about killing the Leader in a group of monsters who have had their Sex Resta taken from them.

Man, im usually one to bash people who mindlessly bash SEGA, but DAMN sega that was fucking stupid. Keep this up and sooner or later PSU is gonna end up like PSO after all their "alterations", and we'll have 10 second invinciblity everytime we get nudged

beatrixkiddo
Apr 15, 2008, 05:15 PM
Oh, I figured they were just going to rearrange the environment so you couldn't hide from vahras. Oh well, this works too (I guess)

Yunfa
Apr 15, 2008, 05:18 PM
I know they're doing it against the AFK lvlers...and thats why I need to know so I can power afk lvl everything I have before they implement it? >_>'

hiraisho
Apr 15, 2008, 05:20 PM
they updated PA exp so stuff levels much faster, why bother doing this?

Libram
Apr 15, 2008, 05:22 PM
On 2008-04-15 15:15, beatrixkiddo wrote:
Oh, I figured they were just going to rearrange the environment so you couldn't hide from vahras. Oh well, this works too (I guess)

I was hoping they'd do this as well.

SonicTMP
Apr 15, 2008, 05:51 PM
On 2008-04-15 15:20, hiraisho wrote:

Because with the PA update they want you to actually work for it propperly like we have been doing.

Also due to the PA exp being speed up, you could afk level bullets 3 times as easy with the afk leveling.

If they left eh resta mobs alone it would simply reverse the currently problem and make skills take the longest to level. They don't want that, they want a nice balance.

OF course if they just fixed the map or the AI it be less of a problem. But removing a tech from mob use is quicker.

Battlestar
Apr 15, 2008, 05:55 PM
On 2008-04-15 15:20, hiraisho wrote:

because with 30+ bullets each to level it's still FAR TOO SLOW.

beatrixkiddo
Apr 15, 2008, 05:57 PM
Nobody's making you level 30 bullets. If you want all the bullets mastered, shouldn't you have to put some effort into it?

CelestialBlade
Apr 15, 2008, 06:14 PM
In my opinion, taking Resta from leader monsters breaks the game a whole lot more than people AFK-levelling ever did. This is a real dumbass move.

MrNomad
Apr 15, 2008, 06:29 PM
On 2008-04-15 16:14, Typheros wrote:
In my opinion, taking Resta from leader monsters breaks the game a whole lot more than people AFK-levelling ever did. This is a real dumbass move.

Honestly, in most cases that resta move is useless. Even soloing it's not very useful to mobs >.>

thebummers
Apr 15, 2008, 06:29 PM
Stupid move for sure. Leader monsters were one of the few mobs that could actually hurt you and now they and their buddies will go down much quicker. Something more intelligent with the AI should have been done to stop AFK choobs rather than just nerfing the mob. Pretty soon the only mob that can kill you in this game will be...um...well... there won't be any.

Randomness
Apr 15, 2008, 06:33 PM
I wonder if they'll overlook the female guards in Grove... There may be a way to AFK them.

Inazuma
Apr 15, 2008, 06:59 PM
the female guards in the hakura yashiro? if they still have resta, it mite be possible to afk. what if you cast resta from a wand and an attack tech from a madoog? i should try this out before bed tonite http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Nitro Vordex
Apr 15, 2008, 07:43 PM
On 2008-04-15 15:08, RemiusTA wrote:
Keep this up and sooner or later PSU is gonna end up like PSO after all their "alterations", and we'll have 10 second invinciblity everytime we get nudged

That invincibility was actually implemented as a strategy; I remember reading a guide on something and it mentioned that.

What exactly do you mean "end up like PSO after all their alterations"? That line was just plain confusing, and a possible pot-shot as well.

Powder Keg
Apr 15, 2008, 09:08 PM
There really shouldn't be any need to AFK level when we get the PA exp update--especially with bullets since they will only take 1/3 of the time.

RikaPSOW
Apr 15, 2008, 09:21 PM
just play the game, your pa's will level eventually

DraginHikari
Apr 15, 2008, 09:49 PM
The thing with Online grinding games like this is that anything that overly speeds up the grinding process usually isn't considered a good thing to the developers.

Kent
Apr 16, 2008, 06:56 AM
On 2008-04-15 19:49, DraginHikari wrote:
The thing with Online grinding games like this is that anything that overly speeds up the grinding process usually isn't considered a good thing to the developers.

This isn't necessarily true.

That is, by your logic, making it so that the grinding process cannot actually show progress would be ideal (because people could never "finish," and therefore, would never stop) - and it isn't.

People like to see their effort pay off. If there's too little payoff for the effort, people get upset and may quit. Likewise, it will also happen if there's too much payoff.

Now, I'm not saying that the people at Sonic Team aren't stupid - but developers in general will realize that there's something of a sweet spot that you need for these sorts of things, where the reward is just about right for the amount of effort the player puts out.

If the levelling of some skill or character or what-have-you is too slow to begin with, then it's a perfectly normal and acceptable idea to increase the rate of progress for the user, so that the userbase doesn't get bored with not making enough progress. Players will be far more likely to keep playing a game if they're entertained and receive adequate reward, than if their effort barely pays off at all - simply because feeling like your work is getting you nowhere is not a good feeling.

CelestialBlade
Apr 16, 2008, 08:10 AM

They've already made it way too easy to cap your character in like a week, especially with MAG coming around, so I cannot follow their logic on this one. In trying to make the game less easy for some reason, they went and deleted one of the few things enemies could do for themselves.

It's like they're saying LOL DO-OVER to making the game so easy....yet making it easier. And it's not like this will do a whole lot with seemingly no new players signing up, so everyone has their bullets/technics leveled up anyway.

tl;dr version of this thread: LEVEL YOUR BULLETS/TECHNICS NOW!

F-Gattaca
Apr 16, 2008, 09:54 AM
Wow ... Sometimes I feel like I'm the only person in all of NA PC/PS2 who has never AFK leveled his stuff.

I figured they would have done something else to screw up AFKers. Like, say, have a leader Vahra auto-cast some sort of Zonde spell that never misses, always hits no matter where you're standing, and does that WHILE resta-ing his mobs.

DraginHikari
Apr 16, 2008, 11:24 AM
On 2008-04-16 04:56, Kent wrote:

This isn't necessarily true.

That is, by your logic, making it so that the grinding process cannot actually show progress would be ideal (because people could never "finish," and therefore, would never stop) - and it isn't.

People like to see their effort pay off. If there's too little payoff for the effort, people get upset and may quit. Likewise, it will also happen if there's too much payoff.

Now, I'm not saying that the people at Sonic Team aren't stupid - but developers in general will realize that there's something of a sweet spot that you need for these sorts of things, where the reward is just about right for the amount of effort the player puts out.

If the levelling of some skill or character or what-have-you is too slow to begin with, then it's a perfectly normal and acceptable idea to increase the rate of progress for the user, so that the userbase doesn't get bored with not making enough progress. Players will be far more likely to keep playing a game if they're entertained and receive adequate reward, than if their effort barely pays off at all - simply because feeling like your work is getting you nowhere is not a good feeling.

The difference here is the afk-leveling is a exploitable issue not that they were trying to make it less rewarding. Whether they chose the right method to do it or not is the other issue here and ssince the Resta enemies really didn't seem to hender too much here to begin with well, meh.

On 2008-04-16 06:10, Typheros wrote:
They've already made it way too easy to cap your character in like a week, especially with MAG coming around, so I cannot follow their logic on this one. In trying to make the game less easy for some reason, they went and deleted one of the few things enemies could do for themselves.

It's like they're saying LOL DO-OVER to making the game so easy....yet making it easier. And it's not like this will do a whole lot with seemingly no new players signing up, so everyone has their bullets/technics leveled up anyway.

tl;dr version of this thread: LEVEL YOUR BULLETS/TECHNICS NOW!

I've never quite understood this concept that you can cap everything in a week. Instantious games of this nature are almsot always easier in general then the massive world counterparts like WoW or FFXI. I don't know what people are really expecting in a game of casual aspect like PSU is.

The thing is I've played since day 1 of the original game and I'm not capped on anything expect for my Job Level. The thing is I've taken breaks from it here or there... you can't get 40+ hours a week out of a game like this... it doesn't work very well. It's just dull and monotonus quickly.

However, I was quite well aware of that when I signed on, if I wanted challenge and difficultly this game is not the place I go or expect it to be.

Kylie
Apr 16, 2008, 12:33 PM
I think it's a good idea to stop afk leveling, but I hope they put something in like increased HP or whatever to even it out. I'm tired of the game getting easier and easier.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Kylie on 2008-04-16 11:53 ]</font>

enoch
Apr 16, 2008, 12:54 PM
its going to get so easy...that it sgoing to be to hard to play. cause its so easy....

CelestialBlade
Apr 16, 2008, 01:38 PM
It's getting so easy that I want level 300 enemies just to have a freaking challenge. I want a boss that can almost kill a level 130 Beast Fortefighter in a single hit, resistant to all forms of attack, and changes its elemental weakness every now and then, kinda like Olga Flow.

...actually, yeah, just put Olga Flow back in. Something that's actually hard. Something that will tear through all 10 of your Scape Dolls and will leave you going "wow, I'm not so uber after all, maybe I should dodge an attack or two". I'm not saying the game *needs* to be hard, but it'd be a lot more fun if we had a harder option within the game.

Kylie
Apr 16, 2008, 07:01 PM
http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif I used to get joy out of LL C being so easy, but now I can get the same joy out of playing any mission. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_disapprove.gif /exaggeration

Seority
Apr 16, 2008, 09:44 PM
I think there should be a poll here.
I agree stupid. Makes missions that you acctually want to go through, once again, too easy, and annoys AFKers, like me =D jk, to find other things to afk on.
I would like a boss that takes skill to kill. Weak spots, short breaks of invinciblity, attacks where you have to dodge or die, stuff like that.
As for mobs, I wish there was a vairity of monsters. Fill a enclosed room with tons and tons of tiny monsters just to piss you off, mages in the back megiding the whole group, flying monsters to attack from the sky to be of extra nuicance and fat monsters in front to block melee users. THAT would take skill as a group to get through quickly, with less damage taken and that challenge would in turn make it so much more interesting to do missions. Expessially if there were like 20 different map types so it wouldn't be the same four everytime.
-sigh- Like that'd ever happen http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_rolleyes.gif

Nai_Calus
Apr 17, 2008, 12:45 AM
Wait, when was Olga Flow, or any boss in PSO for that matter, *hard*?

Shit, stuff like Ill Gills and Mericarol/Mericus/Merikle are harder than most of the bosses. (And also a type of enemy whose absence in PSU is rather conspicuous. >_>)

Hell, I remember the big complaint about EpIV being that half the weapons, units and other items it introduced making the game even easier than it always was.

PSO isn't any harder than PSU. >_>;

Hell, PSO is easier since elements aren't a factor. You never need worry that oh shit, you just got ran over by a Kamatoze while wearing 50% Fire Armor. If you have Dark % on your weapon for fighting stuff in Ruins, great, if you don't you still do tons of damage, and no attribute you can have will count against you. Native % doesn't make it do less damage to Dark monsters. Monster tech weaknesses are one of four things, and unless you're soloing you don't even usually have to worry about *that*, just keep Rabarta and Rafoie on hand for tactical use. Buffs and Debuffs, the latter especially, are more effective in PSO and can utterly rape everything. Sinow Zoas go from OHKOing to barely knocking you down. Delbiters turn into masses of jello. Hell, Tower? lol, RAs with Frozen Shooters.

Yeah. PSO is about as hard as falling over. And less grind. Even hunting tech discs, you can do other stuff while you do it. Nor are you limited to one tech while you hunt them. Plus, having a set of 30s means something since you never could AFK level them in PSO. >_>;

But yeah... Anyone who thinks PSO was actually hard is, to use a phrase I despise but can't really help, blinded by nostalgia. >_>;

Nitro Vordex
Apr 17, 2008, 01:51 AM
I know a surefire way to have stuff like this not happen.

Although, I'd prolly state the obvious.

Meh, i'll do it anyways.

Play the goddamn game.

Weeaboolits
Apr 17, 2008, 01:59 AM
A poor solution at best, but did the enemies last long enough for the resta to help them anyway?

In Rykros, I goad the Slamis into using resta by hitting them with dark weapons, it doesn't make them any harder to kill, in fact, it makes it easier since they can't hurt me with resta.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ronin_Cooper on 2008-04-17 00:01 ]</font>

CelestialBlade
Apr 17, 2008, 02:09 PM
On 2008-04-16 22:45, Ian-KunX wrote:

Shit, stuff like Ill Gills and Mericarol/Mericus/Merikle are harder than most of the bosses. (And also a type of enemy whose absence in PSU is rather conspicuous. >_>)

Hell, I remember the big complaint about EpIV being that half the weapons, units and other items it introduced making the game even easier than it always was.

Hell, PSO is easier since elements aren't a factor. You never need worry that oh shit, you just got ran over by a Kamatoze while wearing 50% Fire Armor. If you have Dark % on your weapon for fighting stuff in Ruins, great, if you don't you still do tons of damage, and no attribute you can have will count against you. Native % doesn't make it do less damage to Dark monsters. Monster tech weaknesses are one of four things, and unless you're soloing you don't even usually have to worry about *that*, just keep Rabarta and Rafoie on hand for tactical use. Buffs and Debuffs, the latter especially, are more effective in PSO and can utterly rape everything. Sinow Zoas go from OHKOing to barely knocking you down. Delbiters turn into masses of jello. Hell, Tower? lol, RAs with Frozen Shooters.

Yeah. PSO is about as hard as falling over. And less grind. Even hunting tech discs, you can do other stuff while you do it. Nor are you limited to one tech while you hunt them. Plus, having a set of 30s means something since you never could AFK level them in PSO. >_>;

But yeah... Anyone who thinks PSO was actually hard is, to use a phrase I despise but can't really help, blinded by nostalgia. >_>;

I refer to soloing in Episode 2's first version without any tweaks, without being level 200 (or anywhere close), and actually having to drop Scape Dolls all over the arena just to survive. And no, I didn't have all the best techs.

MrNomad
Apr 17, 2008, 03:39 PM
On 2008-04-17 12:09, Typheros wrote:

On 2008-04-16 22:45, Ian-KunX wrote:

I refer to soloing in Episode 2's first version without any tweaks, without being level 200 (or anywhere close), and actually having to drop Scape Dolls all over the arena just to survive. And no, I didn't have all the best techs.

Some people play in groups of 2 or greater you know.

As for the resta being removed, lol, since when was that challenging? The only people who can even argue about this issue are those who AFK level. Other then that removing resta from leader mobs is like having a row of 20 drawing pencils and tossing one pencil away.

btw, the title should more logically say "Sonic Team"
instead of Sega, but go figure >.>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: MrNomad on 2008-04-17 13:41 ]</font>

DarkEliteRico
Apr 18, 2008, 03:06 PM
I'm lvling some of the ones i'm not using very often AFK, as for rifles it takes an ungodly amount of time to do it even with AFK. Honestly the only way i'd be getting experience for my shots is if i solo everything with my PM/NPC combo and that itself takes me still 20 minutes for some runs. I'll get what i can before the nerf the kings, but IMO this is a stupid fix they should just manage the maps better or alter the AI in another manner

McLaughlin
Apr 18, 2008, 06:46 PM
The only difficult thing about Episode II was that the Gal Gryphon could kill me if someone Jellen'd it, because it wouldn't knock me over and I'd get combo-killed.

That, and Phantasmal World IV, but I solo'd that (with my HUmar) and took it off my list.