PDA

View Full Version : New people to the site, PLEASE read the stickies.

Nitro Vordex
Apr 16, 2008, 07:47 PM
It's really not that hard to read about the forum rules. This pisses me off, because even after people have written the rules, and others have written guides for them (AlexCraig in PSO Gen), people still continue to not read the stickies.

Some of these people think they're the exception to this. When people tell them that they're not supposed to talk about things MENTIONED in the stickes, which were told in the topic title for newbies to read, they decide that the person informing them is in the wrong, and that he plays innocent.

Read. The. Stickies. They're not for decoration, they're not to put an extra load on the servers out of spite, they are there for your benefit, so you can enjoy staying at this site.

If you still don't read the stickies. Well, that's your fault, your loss. All we are trying to do, is simply make it easier on us and you. Please, read the stickies.

End rant.

Anduril
Apr 16, 2008, 08:03 PM
Yes. I'm sure that this is what everyone has been thinking. When I joined the first thing I looked for was the rules and I've done pretty well to adhere by them. It really isn't too hard to read and follow the rules here. And stickies are of great help since they decongest the board of multiple threads of the same topic. Sometimes I wonder if people act dumb about stickies or if they really just don't give a damn about things.

Kylie
Apr 16, 2008, 08:03 PM
I haven't read all of them, but I know what the rules are and stuff. And I haven't really gotten in trouble for anything big thus far. I guess some people just think they don't have to or whatever, but I think if you're not sure if what you want to breaks the rules, you should look around or ask someone.

enoch
Apr 16, 2008, 08:19 PM
I read them but Im sure I still break them from time to time >.>

Retehi
Apr 16, 2008, 08:37 PM
On 2008-04-16 18:19, enoch wrote:

Especially the unwritten ones!

Dhylec
Apr 16, 2008, 08:41 PM
Unfortunately, not everyone care enough to read stickies. I guess, they figure it's faster to ask the questions & people will get the answers for them. This can lead to a potential flame if the older/more knowledgeable members don't know how to handle it properly or peacefully.

I try to make them read/explore more by linking or telling where to go. If you feed the info directly, there is little incentive to search & read up. Point to a sticky, link to the guide when possible.

On 2008-04-16 18:19, enoch wrote:

If you violate enough times, you could be warned & suspended. That's your sign of behave now or begone soon. ;D

AlexCraig
Apr 16, 2008, 08:50 PM
I feel glad I could help with my sticky. Occasionally I pop on Who's Online and see some person reading my sticky. Glad to see SOME people give a damn.

KodiaX987
Apr 16, 2008, 10:48 PM
I have witnessed people who fail to read red text with yellow highlighting on a black background.

n00bs will be n00bs. You just can't educate every single person.