PDA

View Full Version : The sign says "Goodwill"

Weeaboolits
Apr 17, 2008, 11:27 AM
Not "City Dump".

Please do not give us your mold filled, rust-coated refrigerators, your fetid, porous mattress, we don't want your gutted washing machine either, not even that disemboweled couch looks appealing, sorry.

No one will buy those things, we'll just end up throwing them out, so quit makin' us lug the crap to crusher and take it to where it belongs, or if you're too lazy for that, leave it next to the dumpster, I'm fairly sure the garbage man will oblige you.

Sol_B4dguy
Apr 17, 2008, 12:05 PM
And if your lucky, someone might take it before the garbageman even gets there.

Yeah, I hate seeing all the random junk clogging Goodwill that people donate "to feel better about not throwing it out".

Seority
Apr 17, 2008, 12:57 PM
In my town people are like, "What's Goodwill? A christian book store?"

XP

enoch
Apr 17, 2008, 01:38 PM
I bought hippie close for a scooby doo costume on halloween form there....I was Shaggy

Anduril
Apr 17, 2008, 01:45 PM
We only donate clothes that don't fit anymore, but only those in good enough condition that someone would actually be comfortable wearing them. My father has a friend who hauls off all of those old furniture pieces and appliances so we never donate those things, since they are no doubt too run down for anyone to use. I guess some people don't realize that you should be donating things people can actually use.

Nitro Vordex
Apr 17, 2008, 06:28 PM
All I know is we've donated games and clothes. Sometimes books too.