PDA

View Full Version : AotI: Recommended Slots/Units for Female Beast AT

Dark Emerald EXE
Apr 17, 2008, 08:17 PM
Yea i've decided to make my beast character a AT. Mainly my buffs are 21-21. I'm not messin with attacks techs until MAG. The only striking weapon i use mainly would be the whip.
I use Sabers here n there to knock back big enemies fast. (Rising Strike)

What Units should i use???

Head: ?
Arm: ?
Body: ?
Extra: ?

mvffin
Apr 17, 2008, 08:20 PM
Har Quick
Cati Power/Solid Knight
Resist/Legs
PP Generate/Hard Stamina

Dark Emerald EXE
Apr 17, 2008, 08:21 PM
Is Resist/ Legs even exist yet????

Turb0
Apr 17, 2008, 08:27 PM
Well, har/quick for the head slot for sure.

Arm could really be whatever you want, personally I'd go for cati/power or solid/knight if you're going to use both skills and bullets. If you won't use one of those, then you could go with a giga or cati/pp save.

I use resist units 95% of the time in the body slot. On the rare occasion that no resist is useful for a mission, I'll use orpad/guard.

Since you can use resta and giresta I don't see a point in an hp/restore unit so I would just go for a visual slot (black heart, aura field, etc.)

Dark Emerald EXE
Apr 17, 2008, 08:34 PM
On 2008-04-17 18:27, Turb0 wrote:
Well, har/quick for the head slot for sure.

Arm could really be whatever you want, personally I'd go for cati/power or solid/knight if you're going to use both skills and bullets. If you won't use one of those, then you could go with a giga or cati/pp save.

I use resist units 95% of the time in the body slot. On the rare occasion that no resist is useful for a mission, I'll use orpad/guard.

Since you can use resta and giresta I don't see a point in an hp/restore unit so I would just go for a visual slot (black heart, aura field, etc.)

Yea i plan on gettin aura field when MAG comes out
orpad guard....desert terror.....hate that mission....well atleast soloin anyway.....

Ffuzzy-Logik
Apr 17, 2008, 08:39 PM
1. Har/Quick: The only head unit worth using for anyone.
2. SPS: The best arm unit hands down. No, ATA doesn't matter.
3. Uhhhhh, best Rainbow unit you can get your hands on. Legsless will be pretty common with MAG.
4. Doesn't really matter; most of these are useless.

But in terms of armor, Head/Arm is really all you need. The others are bonuses, but I'd never use an armor lacking either head or arm on an AT.

Dark Emerald EXE
Apr 17, 2008, 09:00 PM
lol i just relaized that when he said resist/leg he meant a resist or a leg unit http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif
sorry bout that

Ffuzzy-Logik
Apr 17, 2008, 09:05 PM
Oh, I forgot to add that a Freeze/Resist can be really useful for some missions.

ljkkjlcm9
Apr 17, 2008, 09:05 PM
My human AT uses

Har/Quick
SPS
Orpad/Legs (He doesn't get hit often, if he does, he avoids it even more often)
Te/PP Generate

And I disagree that Har/Quick is the only worthwhile head unit. Sori Tech Charge is awesome for an Acrofighter who uses Shadoogs a lot.

THE JACKEL

Ffuzzy-Logik
Apr 17, 2008, 09:25 PM
On 2008-04-17 19:05, ljkkjlcm9 wrote:
And I disagree that Har/Quick is the only worthwhile head unit. Sori Tech Charge is awesome for an Acrofighter who uses Shadoogs a lot.
This is true. However, it's the only exception.

Talise
Apr 17, 2008, 10:20 PM
On 2008-04-17 19:25, Ffuzzy-Logik wrote:

Point: we're talking about techers.
Point: har/quick is only for techers
AF is not a techer. Fighter classes use either mind or, in AF's case, sori tech charge, but that's totally irrelevant to techer classes =D

beatrixkiddo
Apr 17, 2008, 11:02 PM
But he's giving advice on how to be better at the game in general, not just answering the OP's question!

*runs off*

Randomness
Apr 18, 2008, 08:36 PM
On 2008-04-17 20:20, Talise wrote:

On 2008-04-17 19:25, Ffuzzy-Logik wrote:

Point: we're talking about techers.
Point: har/quick is only for techers
AF is not a techer. Fighter classes use either mind or, in AF's case, sori tech charge, but that's totally irrelevant to techer classes =D

Person is playing AcroTECHER. If you're only using buffs right now, you aren't going to get any real benefit from a Har/Quick. So until you pick up attack techs, a unit boosting TP would be good.

ljkkjlcm9
Apr 18, 2008, 09:13 PM
On 2008-04-18 18:36, Randomness wrote:
Person is playing AcroTECHER. If you're only using buffs right now, you aren't going to get any real benefit from a Har/Quick. So until you pick up attack techs, a unit boosting TP would be good.

isn't that backwards....

If you're only using buffs, then har/quick would be better, because they'd get out faster. TP does not affect buffs at all. You could have 1 TP or 10,000 TP and a buff would have the same affect.

If you have resta/giresta at 31+ then you really don't need a lot of TP to heal for a great deal either. So again, Har/quick would let you heal faster. The only time TP really matters to an Acrotecher, is the attack techs.

THE JACKEL

Randomness
Apr 18, 2008, 09:48 PM
On 2008-04-18 19:13, ljkkjlcm9 wrote:

isn't that backwards....

If you're only using buffs, then har/quick would be better, because they'd get out faster. TP does not affect buffs at all. You could have 1 TP or 10,000 TP and a buff would have the same affect.

If you have resta/giresta at 31+ then you really don't need a lot of TP to heal for a great deal either. So again, Har/quick would let you heal faster. The only time TP really matters to an Acrotecher, is the attack techs.

THE JACKEL

Yes, but buffs are not overly slow to begin with, and they're already going to be coming from wand/madoog. The Har/Quick will only be relevant perhaps 2 or 3 times in a run. You might save 5-10 seconds tops overall. Its a waste of a slot. A TP boosting unit would help a lot more if the person plans to use shadoogs a lot.

ljkkjlcm9
Apr 18, 2008, 10:01 PM
On 2008-04-18 19:48, Randomness wrote:

isn't that backwards....

THE JACKEL

Yes, but buffs are not overly slow to begin with, and they're already going to be coming from wand/madoog. The Har/Quick will only be relevant perhaps 2 or 3 times in a run. You might save 5-10 seconds tops overall. Its a waste of a slot. A TP boosting unit would help a lot more if the person plans to use shadoogs a lot.

It doesn't change the fact that if he's not using an attack tech, there is no point in a TP boosting unit at all.

THE JACKEL

Talise
Apr 19, 2008, 12:42 AM
On 2008-04-18 20:01, ljkkjlcm9 wrote:

On 2008-04-18 19:48, Randomness wrote:

isn't that backwards....

THE JACKEL

It doesn't change the fact that if he's not using an attack tech, there is no point in a TP boosting unit at all.

THE JACKEL

no, ur totally right randomness, I messed up and either failed to read that he's not using attack techs, or I forgot it. The unit to use would be a mind unit or a quick(not a waste, can save lives), or...like he says...a tech charge in the case that he's using shadoog >_<.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Talise on 2008-04-18 22:43 ]</font>

Ahkaskar
Apr 19, 2008, 08:37 AM
My Acrotecher is waiting for the Smart units. Increase in speed and a decrease in range on attack technics I don't use.

mvffin
Apr 19, 2008, 10:03 PM
yes. har smart will probably be the new har quick. only with 5 extra damage on your spells!

Dark Emerald EXE
Apr 20, 2008, 03:15 AM
Hmmm as for right now im just doing buffs but when MAG comes out n the PA become somewhat easier to level....then i work on some of the attack techs like the Gi n some of the Ra series

Ffuzzy-Logik
Apr 20, 2008, 11:39 AM
The speed may not be a HUEG issue for buffs, but it certainly makes things go smoother when you cast all four in like 2 seconds.

The main reason to use a Har/Quick is for fast Resta. It saves lives.

Randomness
Apr 20, 2008, 10:14 PM
On 2008-04-19 20:03, mvffin wrote:
yes. har smart will probably be the new har quick. only with 5 extra damage on your spells!

Er... no. 100 TP does add up. Especially on Diga.

Ahkaskar
Apr 21, 2008, 05:08 PM
Yeah. Me/Quick is more like a 5 damage penalty. Har/Quick is probably closer to 20.

Kerry157
Apr 22, 2008, 04:01 PM
The reason Har/Quick is the best head unit right now is because faster casting means faster TECH leveling. Also as was mentioned, reverser and resta and giresta can be too slow to save someone when you arent wearing the har/quick.

Shadow_Wing
Apr 24, 2008, 02:19 AM
Yawwwwn it's been like forever since I've been on here, but unless things have changes on the AT scene since my vacation, har/quick is the best choice for a head unit. Few reasons, he's a beast, chances are shadoog damage/spell damage is secondary to faster buffs/heals, which btw is a god send.

Namely since he is a beast, he'll be more or less more concerned with melee damage than TP based damage, faster buffs and faster heals are by far more effective to have as a AT than higher TP for little damage increase when already sucks.