View Full Version : This is the course of events of an average TF2 round:

KodiaX987
Apr 18, 2008, 08:07 AM
1) Begin
2) Try to cap center point
3) Make everyone go engineer
4) Defend whatever's left
5) Wait 60 minutes

I'm in a team of 12 and we're only 2 people trying to get flags. Everyone else just sits there and kills whichever 2 people of the other team try to attack. Worst: they're the ones who get all the points, while those who attack and try to advance the fucking match get absolutely no reward. Unless you're playing Dustbowl, there's really no incentive to cap any flags at all. There's no time pressure. If the time ends, it's just a statlemate and nothing happens.

Valve, do me a favor. Yes, me. I am God impersonated, that's my credential. Take the engineers off the game completely. Yes, it'll fuck up the balance beyond repair. And to be honest: I'm prefectly okay with that.

Scrub
Apr 18, 2008, 11:02 AM
Sounds like you've got a classic case of PLAYING SHITTY MAPS!

The only four good maps in the game are Dustbowl, Gravelpit, Hydro, and Badlands. The other ones are terrible because they're all just boring stalemate bullshit. It's especially frustrating when you've got 3-4 demomen on your team and none of them seem to realize that they're SUPPOSED TO DESTROY SENTRIES HURR.

Supposedly there's a new map, Goldrush or something, coming out next week. Should be good, we'll see.

rogue_robot
Apr 18, 2008, 09:54 PM
Wow, and I thought it was annoying when someone on my team would run off on offense with the shotgun in flag games in Halo 3 on Standoff when I was planning to camp with it on defense (especially when the fuckers inevitably jump in the Warthog, drive about halfway across the map, and get lasered/rocketed). Man, this one makes me glad I don't play TF2.

Sol_B4dguy
Apr 20, 2008, 08:17 PM
*raises hand* I'm an engineer. >_>

But yeah, stuff like this turns me off TF2 more often than it should be. Somedays I wonder if Valve can only do single-player FPS games right.

Para
Apr 23, 2008, 05:04 PM
lol I played TF2 for awhile... its a fun game but meh.. lacks depth imo.

ljkkjlcm9
Apr 23, 2008, 05:07 PM
When I played I was always a Spy. That's a tough job. But if you can get it down... man is it awesome.

THE JACKEL

Sol_B4dguy
Apr 24, 2008, 07:26 AM
GOOD Spies have my respect. Skullduggery and backstabbing in an FPS is hard enough, even harder when every opponent is human.