PDA

View Full Version : Rod + Wand Setups?

Else
Apr 18, 2008, 09:12 AM
Can some of you lovely forte Techers post your wand and rod setup? I'm having a terrible time as a new fT deciding what is best for what and I just wanted to see how the higher levels are organizing and using their techs.

Thanks so much!

str898mustang
Apr 18, 2008, 09:13 AM
rod
rod
rod
madogg/wand
madogg/wand
madogg/wand

kissablepimp
Apr 18, 2008, 09:25 AM
Rod
Rod
Rod
Rod
Madogg/Wand
Madogg/Wand

TecherRamen
Apr 18, 2008, 09:41 AM
its a little more complicated than that... what you put on them is important... but anyway

Bow
Handgun/wand
Mag
Rod
Mag/wand
Mag/wand

Arada
Apr 18, 2008, 09:43 AM
Card + Wand
Rod
Rod
Rod
Rod
Bow

stukasa
Apr 18, 2008, 10:52 AM
Buff Rod
Wand + Handgun or Card
Rod
Rod
Wand + Madoog
Rod

Sometimes I'll switch one of the rods for a bow. In case you're wondering about the handgun, I only use it for two reasons: 1) breaking boxes, and 2) shooting flying enemies out of the sky.

Inazuma
Apr 18, 2008, 11:29 AM
it depends on the current mission you are doing. just get a good understanding of all the weps and PAs available to FT, so you can know whats best to bring.

Ill show you rafon relics w/ a party:

rod (barta, rabarta, damubarta, gibarta)
rod (nosudeega, radeega, damudeega, gideega)
rod (nosumegido, ramegido, damumegido, megiverse)
rod (megido, ramegido, damumegido, megiverse)
madoog/wand (megistar, giresta, resta, regene)
madoog/wand (4 buffs)

there are 2 dark rods so you can use all 5 of the dark attacks.

Talise
Apr 18, 2008, 12:17 PM
My basic setup carried over from original PSU:
1.Rod(fire/shifta included)
2.Rod(Ice/deband included)
3.Rod(Ground)
4.Rod(Lightning/Zodial included)
Original PSU:
5.resta&Retier/cards
6.bow
AotI:
5.giresta&retier(wand)/resta&reverser(mag), or light rod(not recommended)
6.whip/resta&reverser, rod(dark), or bow
For events with only 2 element types:
1&2-attack rods of corresponding elements
3.extra attack rod of 1 of the elements or bow
4.buff rod
5.resta&giresta(wand)/resta&reverser(mag)
6.whip/resta&reverser

having a setup you are familiar with is usually key, I always have my light rod on the 5th spot, and the 6th spot is usually backup. I put in whip on the melee spot, but dagger works better in certain situations. If you're not a quick-switcher type person then you should have more resta where you can access it. The bigger issue is probably deciding what to put on your rods, most of the time mags are gonna be used for healing.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Talise on 2008-04-18 10:20 ]</font>

Randomness
Apr 18, 2008, 02:56 PM
My setup:
Rod-Megid, Dammegid, Ramegid or Megiverse, Resta
Rod-Barta, Dambarta, Rabarta, Resta
Rod-Foie, Damfoie, Rafoie, Resta
Rod-Diga, Radiga, Reverser, Resta
Wand-Resta, Reverser/Madoog-Some combination of attacks
Bow

Else
Apr 18, 2008, 05:30 PM
Thank you sooo much guys, you've been such a big help. One other question, though, did you guys use Me/Quick or Har/Quick?

Inazuma
Apr 18, 2008, 06:18 PM
haru quick is better

Talise
Apr 18, 2008, 08:28 PM
har/quick is the way to go.

Randomness
Apr 18, 2008, 08:39 PM
Har/Quick is superior for speed, though I sometimes think people are a tad indoctrinated in its use. Another thread has people recommending it for a person who's only going to be using buffs...

Talise
Apr 19, 2008, 12:44 AM
I fixed it =>

Magus_84
Apr 19, 2008, 06:06 AM
On 2008-04-18 18:39, Randomness wrote:
Har/Quick is superior for speed, though I sometimes think people are a tad indoctrinated in its use. Another thread has people recommending it for a person who's only going to be using buffs...

Why wouldn't you use it if you're only going to be using buffs and you have an open Head slot on your armor? Buffs are TP independent. If anything, only using buffs would be even more a case for it.

Since you wouldn't be casting damage techs, you literally wouldn't see the very minor damage per cast decrease from the TP loss. Instead of seeing it and not having it be really noticeable due to the increased speed, like what usually happens. >_>

Unless you're wanting to buff Shadoog use on GT...but buffing up with a /Quick-less GT is incredibly tedious.

Sexy_Raine
Apr 20, 2008, 03:04 AM
You don't need a lot of rods on your palette unless you plan to go for raw damage, which is only worthwhile for Dam techs and nosdiga IMO. I put my lv40's on my Rods, and put the techs I'm training on my TCSM/Wand.

Rod(single element)
Rod(single element)
TCSM/Wand
TCSM/Wand
Card/Wand(support)
TCSM(support)/Wand(support)

If you want to speed lv your techs, I suggest using mostly the TCSM/wand combo.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sexy_Raine on 2008-04-20 01:05 ]</font>

enoch
Apr 21, 2008, 01:22 PM
here

>.> Yea im simple

Mag(foie,resta) x 4

PALRAPPYS
Apr 21, 2008, 03:30 PM
Card + Wand
Rod
Bow
Rod
Rod
Buff Rod

beatrixkiddo
Apr 21, 2008, 03:46 PM
Wand (Giresta, Reverser) + Card
Bow
Rod (Damage techs)
Rod (Damage techs)
Wand (Damage techs) + TCSM (Giresta, Reverser)
Wand (Buffs) + TCSM (Buffs)

This is when I play FT CAST, but still. yeah.

Dragwind
Apr 21, 2008, 05:45 PM
TCSM+wand for buffs, healing, and debuffs.

Rods for damage techs.

For most general use. Sometimes you might want to opt for some attack techs on a wand for a bit faster casting, but not always worth it imo with the rods damage boost.

Pandorasbox
Apr 27, 2008, 01:47 PM
3 rods: 1 Buff rod, 1 debuff w/ a tech (optional), and another rod with either 4 of the same ele or 2 and 2 ele.
2 wands: 1 healing wand other attk wand
1 Tech-mag: fast attk techs
and my last slot i leave open for a bow or maybe a maylee/card combo.

xEndrance
Apr 28, 2008, 08:01 PM
Heres mines:
Psycho Wand 7/7 - Megid, RAmegid, Dammegid, Megiverse
Uransara/Shato - Diga, Nosdiga, reverser, Giresta
Gaozoran Rod - diga, nosdiga, gidiga, radiga
Gaozoran Rod - barta, rabarta, gibarta, dambarta
Gaozoran Rod - foie, gifoie, damfoie, shifta
Gaozoran Rod - shifta, deband, retier, zodial

KiiLoo
Apr 28, 2008, 08:24 PM
stay away from cards and bows, and lean more towards about 4-5 nice rods (preferably Pwands, but thats a bit insane for most people) and 1 high grinded S rank wand with a shato to heal

relentless
Apr 29, 2008, 09:33 AM
My dream palette for now:

Psycho Wand
Pushan
Pushan
Pushan
Pushan
Pushan + Tesbra

Lol
So basically, a Rod, 5 TCSM's and a Wand. XD

edit:
Oops, this is the palette for MF's btw. <_<"

But regardless of that, instead of the Pushans I'd just use Shatos/Ranpegis as fT. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: SeKaI on 2008-04-29 07:35 ]</font>

Drowsii
Apr 29, 2008, 09:43 AM
thou cards are fun and kinda cool...u can have more dps with a high level'ed tech with a sick wand/rod/tscm*

KiiLoo
Apr 29, 2008, 09:46 AM
On 2008-04-29 07:43, Drowsii wrote:
thou cards are fun and kinda cool...u can have more dps with a high level'ed tech with a sick wand/rod/tscm*

true, and cards and bows are really just a waste of time to lvl ( as FT )

relentless
Apr 29, 2008, 09:49 AM
Cards for fT are just there to look pretty imo, but compared to actual TECHs, Cards pretty much fail.
About Bows, well.. I'd maybe use them for certain situations to inflict SE (infection lvl 4 mainly on Tengohgs from Demons Above S2 or something lol), but that's it.

Drowsii
Apr 29, 2008, 09:49 AM
as a Newman FT, but maybe if your downie u could get them up if you a Cast or Beast Ft.....but they should be shot for even attempting.

Drowsii
Apr 29, 2008, 09:57 AM
yeah...but if i see a newman ft, throwing cards im gona kick his teeth in with a wrench

KiiLoo
Apr 29, 2008, 10:00 AM
yeah a newman FT that uses cards is to me what hilary clinton is to running for president

Drowsii
Apr 29, 2008, 10:04 AM
yeah and oBOMBA isnt a terriost....i swear...

KiiLoo
Apr 29, 2008, 12:15 PM
On 2008-04-29 08:04, Drowsii wrote:
yeah and oBOMBA isnt a terriost....i swear...

yeah im with you on that one

Legendria
Apr 29, 2008, 12:22 PM
Pwand - Lightning
Gaozoran - Dark
Pwand - Ground
Chao Staff - Buff
Hirokteri - Dark or Light. I use this over Rikau because Hirok looks freaking AWESOME.
Tesbra/Pegita (LOL) - Giresta/reverser and Regrant/Resta. Regrant gets replaced with whatever tech im trying to level while keeping it weak.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Legendria on 2008-04-29 10:30 ]</font>

KiiLoo
Apr 29, 2008, 01:15 PM
On 2008-04-29 10:22, Legendria wrote:
Pwand - Lightning
Gaozoran - Dark
Pwand - Ground
Chao Staff - Buff
Hirokteri - Dark or Light. I use this over Rikau because Hirok looks freaking AWESOME.
Tesbra/Pegita (LOL) - Giresta/reverser and Regrant/Resta. Regrant gets replaced with whatever tech im trying to level while keeping it weak.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Legendria on 2008-04-29 10:30 ]</font>

why would you give the exact elements on your rods...? never use a fire rod?

Legendria
Apr 29, 2008, 04:37 PM
On 2008-04-29 11:15, KiiLoo wrote:

On 2008-04-29 10:22, Legendria wrote:
Pwand - Lightning
Gaozoran - Dark
Pwand - Ground
Chao Staff - Buff

why would you give the exact elements on your rods...? never use a fire rod?

To make note that fire and ice (except dambarta....sometimes) are unremarkable. Nosdiga is more than strong enough to kill any off-element enemy, and lightning covers the ground stuff Nosdiga can't mess with.

Pandorasbox
Apr 29, 2008, 04:50 PM
About bows being useless. This is untrue. There are times where u face tech resistant monsters. Also flying enemies are a pain to pin down even with techs that home in. Plus bows ignore defense so the dmg is always decent. So I wouldn't dismiss bows entirely. Even keeping it as a back-up weapon could be ideal. Altho i agree with about cards it's tuff to pull it off unless u got the ATP to back it up.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Pandorasbox on 2008-04-29 14:51 ]</font>

IsoDonk
May 1, 2008, 02:44 AM
Chao Staff - Regrants, Giresta, Reverser, Resta
Psycho Wand - Element 1
Ranpegi/Serdote - Debuffs OR something like Megid/Zonde/Barta on the Ranpegi, Resta/Reverser on the Serdote
Gaozoran Rod - Element 2
Bow OR emergency third element Halarod
Granarodoc - Buffs

relentless
May 1, 2008, 08:20 AM
On 2008-04-29 14:37, Legendria wrote:
To make note that fire and ice (except dambarta....sometimes) are unremarkable. Nosdiga is more than strong enough to kill any off-element enemy, and lightning covers the ground stuff Nosdiga can't mess with.

It's like saying Majarra/Chikki (ok now Chouto assumed) is the only thing you need for most enemies. :/
Spamming Nosdiga is like spamming Majarra imo, yet it's not even that fricking useful either.
True that they're extremely powerful in most situations, but hey, that doesn't exactly make other PAs unremarkable. lol
It's like saying Foie is useless, or like saying you'd use Nosdiga over Rabarta on 2-3 Koltovas, which wouldn't be as effective I say.