PDA

View Full Version : Chaos Wars? gameplay focused or just nostalgic fanservice?

Saner
Apr 18, 2008, 11:09 AM
ya I wonder about that because everywhere I check,
it's mostly media and info flaunting about the
characters from various series being in this game
except in kawaii chibi form,
but not really any details about the gameplay,
well ya it's a SRPG but I wonder how it measures up
to Disgaea.

we don't even know the max # of units you can command
on the field.

or who the main characters are and if you control
both or they have their independant walkthrough/perspective.

Alisha
Apr 18, 2008, 11:38 AM
all you need to know is that it has characters from shadow hearts. Yuri = awesome.

Alisha
Apr 22, 2008, 02:42 PM
when i said Yuri i wasn't refering to lesbian hentai even though that is indeed awesome. i assume that was the reason for that reply.

quoted from wikipedia:

Yuri Volte Hyuga (Urmnaf "Uru" Bort Hyuga in the Japanese version) is the protagonist of the game and was born in Katsuragi in 1890 to a Japanese father, Ben Hyuga, and a Russian mother, Anne.[18] An anti-hero, Yuri speaks his mind, is often impolite, and is reluctant to accept his special abilities. Indeed, he is called "Rude Hero" before his name is revealed to the player.[19][20] At the beginning of the game it is clear that his actions are influenced by a mysterious voice. Although he would rather ignore the voice, he obeys its commands mainly for the thrill of fighting monsters.[19] Once he meets Alice Elliot his attitude begins to change, although he remains troubled about his fusion powers. His desire to change is fueled further when he discovers Alice had sacrificed her soul to save him.[20][21] He is additionally motivated by the memory of his father, who fought hard and died protecting the world.[22] A Harmonixer, he possesses the powers of Fusion, which he inherited from his father. These powers were awakened in his childhood when zombies attacked his home, and Yuri's mother died trying to protect him.[23][24] By fusing into elemental and non-elemental demons, Yuri gains new abilities in battles.[25] When he is not using his fusions, he fights with knuckle-mounted blades.

Saner
Apr 22, 2008, 02:47 PM
ohhh. no wonder there are so many fans. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif

Frana
Apr 22, 2008, 02:52 PM
Fan service. But I need something to tie me over until Disgaea 3. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_cool.gif

Sord
Apr 22, 2008, 07:52 PM
Yuri Volte Hyuga (Urmnaf "Uru" Bort Hyuga in the Japanese version) is the protagonist of the game and was born in Katsuragi in 1890 to a Japanese father, Ben Hyuga, and a Russian mother, Anne.[18] An anti-hero, Yuri speaks his mind, is often impolite, and is reluctant to accept his special abilities. Indeed, he is called "Rude Hero" before his name is revealed to the player.[19][20] At the beginning of the game it is clear that his actions are influenced by a mysterious voice. Although he would rather ignore the voice, he obeys its commands mainly for the thrill of fighting monsters.[19] Once he meets Alice Elliot his attitude begins to change, although he remains troubled about his fusion powers. His desire to change is fueled further when he discovers Alice had sacrificed her soul to save him.[20][21] He is additionally motivated by the memory of his father, who fought hard and died protecting the world.[22] A Harmonixer, he possesses the powers of Fusion, which he inherited from his father. These powers were awakened in his childhood when zombies attacked his home, and Yuri's mother died trying to protect him.[23][24] By fusing into elemental and non-elemental demons, Yuri gains new abilities in battles.[25] When he is not using his fusions, he fights with knuckle-mounted blades.
go figure http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif