PDA

View Full Version : Is a force really worth it?

llxerollenyce
Jan 20, 2003, 07:26 PM
I wanna make a Force, probably FOnewm (because everyone seems to use fomar, and i dont wanna be a drag queen and get my items HANDED to me like some guys *cough* *cough*) anyway, is a force really worth it? I know they are fun but when you get to hard through ult. mode, the bad guys have immunites toward certain spells, i.e. The yellow diminains are weak against ice but the pruple ones are week against thunder. WHen i played pso for dreamcast i remember even though my fonewm was top of the line, his tp drained like a bit*h. I never played version 2. HOw are these lvl 30 disks like? WHen you use a lvl 30 magic is the magic cast rate HELLA fast? Do they do serious damage? I also have second doubt about makin a force because thier weapons dont look as cool as a twin blaze, or guld milla. Can i also presume that Forces suck in battle mode as well? IT also does suck to rely on someone to HEAL you after Dark falz does his stupid cheap grants attack and kills you in one hit. If anyone can back these statements up, please do.

TeamPhalanx
Jan 20, 2003, 07:36 PM
Once you get his MST and tech levels high enough, a FOnewm can do massive damage, easily clearing most rooms faster than a HU or RA can.

The downside is that like other FOrces, you'll get smacked around in boss battle, often dying with one hit early on.

It'll also take you a while to build up your character.

While certain areas have enemies that have the same elemental weakness, a lot of area do not or have enemies that have high elemental defense (mostly confined to Episode II CCA & Seabed)

As for Battle mode, FOnewm can handle his own... but, once again, HUmar seems to be king of battle mode.

hucasts_rock
Jan 20, 2003, 07:47 PM
you'll eventually learn the weaknesses of monsters and bosses eventually...the only downside to a fo is (well,for a FOmar) low defense, hp, and quick tp drainage...but if u master a fo, you pretty much mastered PSO itself http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

GaijinPUnch
Jan 20, 2003, 07:52 PM
Best thing to do:

Make a mind mag w/ about 170 mind.
Save up 15+ discs you find
Get 125 HP Mats
Get as many mind mats as you can (find your characters mat-limit). I recommend 45 luck & the rest mind, as Force's DEF is low, and preventing critical hits helps.... you'll max your Mind around 120 if you've got a mind mag as well, btw.

With all the things above, you can fly through normal offline in one run, although you'll need a few dolls for DF (God/HP or even a couple of Dragon/HPs will help).

By then, you're level 18 or so
Do the same on hard (again, you'll need Dolls for DF)

By now, you're level 35 or so
Do it again on VH (a few more dolls for DF)
By now, you're level 45-50.

Now clear the first Ultimate Forrest and first 3 quests, then do the Addicting Food quest about 20 times. That'll get you up to level 70 in just a few days.... you can actually get to Ultimate under level 50 in about 10 hours I'd say.

Good luck.

Davion
Jan 20, 2003, 09:49 PM
Have you ever been level 30 Shifta and debanded while the enemies got 30 Jellen and Jallure? I was in ult mines and they only gave me 10 points of damage as I was killing them in 1.5 combos.

D_O_G
Jan 20, 2003, 10:06 PM
blah, i'm a prue HUcast nut myself, never really saw the advantages of magic that much, haveing great HP,Attack, and defence really appealed to me http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif but two eats his own

Stricker
Jan 21, 2003, 09:39 AM
Hey. My Fomarl don't suck. I don't like to play multi mode with her because all my friends use Hu and every time I kill a monster from a long distance they go and get the items! I have to buy a lot of fluids so I get out of meseta easly. I don't recomend them for multi mode. But single mode, I just love killing 8 evil shark with only 4 Rafoies!

Bloodberry
Jan 21, 2003, 10:04 AM
It really helps if you know some people to run around with, that way you can at least get meseta and if they find some force specials they'll let you have them. Unfortunately the majority of players won't care what special it is, only that they can trade it.

neko-chan
Jan 21, 2003, 10:10 AM
On 2003-01-20 19:06, D_O_G wrote:
blah, i'm a prue HUcast nut myself, never really saw the advantages of magic that much, haveing great HP,Attack, and defence really appealed to me http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif but two eats his own

With a single Foie spell, my level 81 FOnewearl can inflict 730 points of damage to a Gillchic in Ultimate Mines. She even doesn't need to move, she just raises her tiny hand.

Can/could your HUcast, at the same level, playing the same difficult, inflict the same amout of damage? I doubt.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: neko-chan on 2003-01-21 07:11 ]</font>

UMMON
Jan 21, 2003, 10:24 AM
I can tell you that my lvl 93 FOnewearl rules ultimate.
True, FO does get smacked around a lot, but there is nothing better that watching that "Atom Bomb" destroy a whole room of enemies.
I will admit I am legit, which makes it hard, but some of the weapons ARE cool looking, just hard to find, especially if you play multi, people are not nice to FO, think of us as "Glory Hogs", but i'm sure you would love a lvl 30 s/d.
Try it out, you may like it, not too many people stick with it though. Find friends that don't mind mass destruction at a very fast pace.

Ian D
Jan 21, 2003, 11:54 AM
I can honestly say good FOrces in Battle Mode can beat anyone... As long as you know what you're doing.

Chibi-Chao
Jan 21, 2003, 12:23 PM
And like I always say, TP absorbing weapons are really good for forces.

NoeGenisis
Jan 21, 2003, 01:47 PM
Forces are not for me but the people i know who have them say they are bloody hard work to start with but the sweat and toil are richly rewarded in the end.

Lightfeather
Jan 21, 2003, 01:54 PM
I LOVE my FOmarl. I play her with really good friends. I let them have all the rares to trade for things they need and they provide what I need. I tell them that I need such and such item and they can usually find it for me.

They carry fluids for me so when I run out we don't need to haul ass back to the ship. When I run out of room in my inventory for regular items to sell they will scavenge for me and hold items so I have money to buy fluids with. They give me scape dolls http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif

I keep them healed and spelled up. I get my hits in and back out of the way if they have it under control. They bring me new spells they find and I save up rares and materials that I don't use.

It's a very symbiotic relationship. This is how it should be in my opinion. Granted I still kinda suck and there are times when I am one hit killed but that's what Moon Atomizers are for =^_^=.

Plus I love the way my character looks and wouldn't play anything else. ^.^

Ghaleon
Jan 21, 2003, 02:08 PM
fomars kick ass

Munki
Jan 21, 2003, 02:14 PM
If this thread hasn't convinced you that FOs are worth it, I'll add a little more to it.

FOs can be VERY devestating in the right hands. If you play a FOnemn (which I won't comment on his 'style'...), you'll find that in Ult, sometimes people will ask you to lay off the spells a little... as you can easily wipe out a whole room before anyone else can get many hits.

Heck, my FOnie with a Rafoie merge and 1400 MST can do pretty much the same thing... and I am sure that all the other FO classes could do it too...

There is a lot of power hidden in those delicate frames. You just have to be 'smarter' about your attacks, as you have resistences to take into consideration... as well as the fact that your team expects you to keep the S/D as well.

But you WILL get pwned by most ult bosses. $#&$#*$%@$#@#$ Dark Falz!

Cloak
Jan 21, 2003, 03:44 PM
As for Battle mode, FOnewm can handle his own... but, once again, HUmar seems to be king of battle mode.

Ummm... not really.

HUmar is pretty equal to HUnewearl. I compared stats to my HUmar friend in B3 at LV23 and HUne had around 30 more DFP, a good 40-50ish more EVP, about 40 less ATP, about 6 less HP, about 30-40 more MST, about 7-9 less ATA. The low HUne ATP balances out the HUmar's high ATP since she has good DFP/EVP. And since you get knocked down from techs now, the male bare-handed cast animation isn't as crucial and you won't be barraged by foie anymore as a HUne. So HUnes & HUmars are pretty equal. And FO's can still own both...

Ghaleon
Jan 21, 2003, 05:15 PM

hehe dont think so. me and my friend evan battle quite a lot. he's a humar im a fomar. he's only beaten me once because i got killed by a delsaber. other than that i kicked his ass multiple times. same with my brother. their humars are at least 5 lvls higher than me.

Ukumi
Jan 21, 2003, 06:37 PM
I have played just about every profesion and i think FO's are worth the work. Once you master them they can slaughter just about anything.

No i am not a newbie I played way back from ver1 and have seen it all.

Smash
Jan 21, 2003, 09:00 PM
basically all you need to be a great force is a good mind mag, LOTS AND LOTS OF MESETA!!!! (trifluids), and good techs. with those simple items your force can do wonders. ,u lv 77 FOmar is already in ult ruins offline. of course he can't beat falz b/c of low hp. but he lvs up very quickly.

-stryder-
Jan 22, 2003, 07:06 AM
it's just my oppinion but i don't really like forces unless you are a really hi level with a good weapon. i dont really like to go throught the trouble of leveling them up.

Phobos-X
Jan 22, 2003, 07:40 AM
On 2003-01-21 10:54, Lightfeather wrote:
I LOVE my FOmarl. I play her with really good friends. I let them have all the rares to trade for things they need and they provide what I need. I tell them that I need such and such item and they can usually find it for me.

They carry fluids for me so when I run out we don't need to haul ass back to the ship. When I run out of room in my inventory for regular items to sell they will scavenge for me and hold items so I have money to buy fluids with. They give me scape dolls http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif

I keep them healed and spelled up. I get my hits in and back out of the way if they have it under control. They bring me new spells they find and I save up rares and materials that I don't use.

It's a very symbiotic relationship. This is how it should be in my opinion. Granted I still kinda suck and there are times when I am one hit killed but that's what Moon Atomizers are for =^_^=.

Plus I love the way my character looks and wouldn't play anything else. ^.^

i know that this is off topic, but this is the way PSO is supposed to be played! Its more than about what level you are, or what uber rare you have, its about workin together as a team and whoopin ass!

Kou
Jan 23, 2003, 09:34 PM
Well, I have a Fonewm whose gizonde can kill De Role Li
(he's level 15)

Glaximus
Jan 23, 2003, 10:58 PM
Forces require dedication though... think of your favorite fighting game and that really obscure character that is hard to play and has wack moves, like Voldo or Akira. They're hard to master, you get beat often, but one day you realize the skills, learn the technique and bam, you're a rolling advertisement for a whup-ass distillery.

Also, forces have it better now than they did in the DC version. Most bosses seem a bit weaker to spells than they did before-- Forces are a bit more viable than they used to be. But it ain't easy! Sometimes you'll be broke and sad, begging for meseta on street corners so you could get your trifluid fix... oh well, the ultimate powa and stremf in the end is worth it.