PDA

View Full Version : It seems Scientology is not liked as of late.

Shadowpawn
Apr 19, 2008, 09:11 AM
Srsly, with all the protesting from...you know to them being banned in Germany to their tax status being revoked in Texas I almost feel sorry for them. Now Wikileaks is promising to release thousands of information about Scientology in response to a law suit. They even release the Scientology Bible on there.

News Article (http://m-net.net.nz/2283/latest-news/latest-news/wikileaks-picks-major-fight-with-church-of-sciento.php)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Shadowpawn on 2008-04-19 09:02 ]</font>

Frana
Apr 19, 2008, 09:32 AM
They shouldn't keep so many secrets to begin with,but I suppose they are getting a liitle hammered on, but they could be making bombs and we wouldn't know, so I suppose they kinda deserve it.

Sord
Apr 19, 2008, 09:46 AM
>_>

*downloads the document*
might read this in my spare time

rogue_robot
Apr 19, 2008, 10:50 AM
...and getting hammered on for a good reason, if you ask me. Churches deserve to be hammered for any secret doctrines or practices in my opinion (even the most mainstream ones). If they were really the pious, helpful institutions they claim to be, there wouldn't be anything they would need so badly to hide. All this secrecy simply breeds mistrust; if they were open and honest about their literature, beliefs, and practices with non-believers, people would be more inclined to show them some respect.

VioletSkye
Apr 19, 2008, 11:19 AM
Xenu would not be pleased with this thread http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_disapprove.gif LOL!!

ljkkjlcm9
Apr 19, 2008, 12:04 PM
as if Scientology is actually a religion anyways. Anyone who can honestly believe that crap, is desperate to believe something.

THE JACKEL

Shiro_Ryuu
Apr 19, 2008, 12:19 PM
It's all about money, that's pretty much what this "religion" wants out of people. "Oh hey, you wanna know more about us? You'll have to join, and in order to do that, you gotta pay us."

Blue-Hawk
Apr 19, 2008, 12:27 PM
On 2008-04-19 10:19, Shiroryuu wrote:
It's all about money, that's pretty much what this "religion" wants out of people. "Oh hey, you wanna know more about us? You'll have to join, and in order to do that, you gotta pay us."

And they ALL get away tax free. Want to fix the countries fucked up budget defecit? Don't raise prices to insanely high levels that people can't afford to make the economy suffer... Just tax the churches/temples/whatever.... That ALONE can kill the national debt and STILL have money left over.

Ross_owens
Apr 19, 2008, 01:23 PM
call me old fashioned, but when a "religion" starts to make people who start to talk out about it after being involved in the "religion" "disappear" they deserve to be ripped apart by the media and the4 rtest of the free thinking world lol.
also who wants to go and join a religion that starts out with them telling you why your life sucks and how "for only $9.99 a month" they can fix it for you

Dhylec
Apr 19, 2008, 01:30 PM
On 2008-04-19 11:23, Ross_owens wrote:
also who wants to go and join a religion that starts out with them telling you why your life sucks and how "for only $9.99 a month" they can fix it for you

Oh, the irony~ ;]

KaneKahn
Apr 19, 2008, 03:37 PM
Good, let it burn.

Syanaide
Apr 19, 2008, 03:43 PM
When was Scientology ever liked?

Sinue_v2
Apr 19, 2008, 04:32 PM
On 2008-04-19 10:04, ljkkjlcm9 wrote:
as if Scientology is actually a religion anyways. Anyone who can honestly believe that crap, is desperate to believe something.

THE JACKEL

The main difference between Scientology and Christianity, is that in Christianity - you're asked, sometimes pressured, to donate. But it is still a voluntary payment. Scientology demands the money up-front for their salvation. Some would say that the claims made of the orthodox religions are every bit as fanciful, if not MORE impossible and unbelievable than Scientology. After all, which is easier to believe? An intergalactic alien warlord Xenu, or that the Earth was created in literally six days - and that Adam & Eve lived alongside friendly vegetarian dinosaurs? Xenu, at least, does not conflict with (for the most part) what we know about atomic theory, evolutionary theory, the theory of relativity, the theory of gravity, cosmology, etc, ect, the way that literalist fundamentalist Christians view the bible as being.

http://www.answersingenesis.org/CreationWise/Cartoons/CWmanMadeMonsters.gif

Not to defend Scientology or dog on Christianity, just trying to throw out an objective view on the subject. The dangers of ignorance are real, and Scientology - no, rather any fanatical fundamentalist religion, regardless of the denomination - will take any opportunity to prey on ignorance without regard of morality or reason to suit their own ends.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sinue_v2 on 2008-04-19 17:49 ]</font>

Kylie
Apr 19, 2008, 09:37 PM
Yeah, I think it's kind of their fault for keeping so many secrets. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif Some people are just too paranoid or whatever to know something like that exists without trying to expose it.

Sord
Apr 19, 2008, 10:26 PM
just glancing through the document, it seems like they would have been better off just not saying anything about it's existance if they actually cared about info being released and actually used by someone. It's crammed with quite a bit of their own technical jargon, so to speak. It would be a pain in the ass for a regular person to read through it all and decipher it. Doable, but most people would probably lose interest before hand. I suppose other scientologists, ex-members, and people who study it wouldn't have that much trouble. The very first of which seems important to the religion because it claims that lower OT level people (or people who haven't reached OT at all) should never be allowed to see higher ones. It could potentially destroy everything blah blah blah. If you ask me they're just out for the money on the copyright lawsuite.

Shiro_Ryuu
Apr 19, 2008, 11:00 PM
On 2008-04-19 10:27, Blue-Hawk wrote:

On 2008-04-19 10:19, Shiroryuu wrote:

And they ALL get away tax free. Want to fix the countries fucked up budget defecit? Don't raise prices to insanely high levels that people can't afford to make the economy suffer... Just tax the churches/temples/whatever.... That ALONE can kill the national debt and STILL have money left over.

Yeah, that'd be awesome to do, unfortunately, it'll only happen in the perfect world. I wish it can happen, but it just won't.

Zantra
Apr 20, 2008, 04:14 PM
On 2008-04-19 11:23, Ross_owens wrote:
call me old fashioned, but when a "religion" starts to make people who start to talk out about it after being involved in the "religion" "disappear" they deserve to be ripped apart by the media and the4 rtest of the free thinking world lol.

I had no idea PSU was a religion...

It all makes sense now.

But seriously, scientology is ridiculous.

seph_monkey
Apr 22, 2008, 03:29 AM
really most religions are a load of bull. people always say how can you believe scientology it is so stupid, well crap how can you believe someone just created humanity for no real reason.
i mean seriously if god knows everything then he should have known adam was going to eat the dam apple.
to me religion is for people who need some one to tell them how they should be, and i personally do not need that.
but ay everyone has their thing, cant blame them for that.

enoch
Apr 22, 2008, 01:26 PM
;o while I belive in god, it is kinda sad that not alot of people look for the why in religion.
god knew adam was going to eat the apple, so it must be part of his plan, the cost of free will perhaps? who knows, I love trying to figure it out though, but whenever I bring it up in bible study at school everyone looks at me like a freak

seph_monkey
Apr 22, 2008, 10:36 PM
On 2008-04-22 11:26, enoch wrote:
;o while I belive in god, it is kinda sad that not alot of people look for the why in religion.
god knew adam was going to eat the apple, so it must be part of his plan, the cost of free will perhaps? who knows, I love trying to figure it out though, but whenever I bring it up in bible study at school everyone looks at me like a freak

i know what you mean but really if eating the apple ment giving us free will i think it would really have nothing to do with the apple because he had freedom of choice before he ate the apple or else he would have never thought of eating it. all the apple did was give us faults. honestly i do believe in a "higher being" but i dont think he created us, just the universe and then everything did its thing, but i cant say.
personally i like buddhas way of thinking because all he really ask for is peace and that is good enough for me
and i went to that church school thing but i was chased out and forbidden to return because i am a freak ( in a fashion way, young mexican punk >_> ) and i am dead serious lol... but eh i was small plus i thought church was boring but i didnt take serious, they did not have to chase me tho... jerks...
oh and if anything is spelled wrong then sorry, i am on my wii i have no comp.

Sinue_v2
Apr 22, 2008, 11:09 PM
On 2008-04-22 11:26, enoch wrote:

You should read Milton's Paradise Lost which tackles such questions. Also, it's considered one of - if not the - best epic poem in western literature. I found it quite good, but a bit hard to understand. Definitely more fulfilling philosophically than The Oddesey or the Divine Comedy, but not quite as entertaining.

but really if eating the apple ment giving us free will i think it would really have nothing to do with the apple because he had freedom of choice before he ate the apple

He gave us free will, and the fruit of the tree of knowledge was simply there to facilitate that free will. Had there not been a fruit, and that one single commandment to not eat of it, then mankind would not have the free will to act of his own accord - only the will of god's accord. It's a bit analogous to the concept of - without despair, how can one know happiness?

The fruit itself did not bestow free will, but rather knowledge. Hence the tempting of Eve, where the serpent convinced her that if he a lowly snake can eat of it and gain knowledge comparable to a man (to be able to speak and reason) - then were Eve to eat of it, she would gain knowledge comparable to god. Which is where the phrase "Ye shall be as gods" comes from.

But, this is getting OT.