PDA

View Full Version : PA experience rate adjustment delayed (again)

Pages : [1] 2

Jarek
Apr 21, 2008, 06:06 PM
Straight from Chill, I wouldn't want this guy's job.
http://boards2.sega.com/psu_board/viewtopic.php?p=852106#852106

The PA experience rate rebalancing will not be coming on 4/25, we will have a detailed list of this week's game play changes up tomorrow.

I know how this particular adjustment is particularly desired, and am sorry we can't deliver it sooner. Please be patient it should be coming a few weeks after Maximum Attack G is over.

-Chill

I think whoever is in charge of our psu is the biggest troll, since this is bound to cause much flaming and ranting.

So feel free to share your displeasure (or lack thereof).

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Jarek on 2008-04-22 09:13 ]</font>

Orin654
Apr 21, 2008, 06:09 PM
Urge to kill...rising

Sekani
Awesome, I bet someone 1 mil meseta that this was getting delayed again.

Magus_84
Ugh. Screw Max Attack. I want PA levels. >_>

Oh well. I figure it'll probably be delayed at least once more before it comes out.

th0rnz
Apr 21, 2008, 06:11 PM
Fucking crap. They need to get their shit together.

imfanboy
Apr 21, 2008, 06:15 PM
Let's see.... PA rebalance for easy Technic/Bullet levels, or ripping through the MA levels with a high Chikki and a 50% slicer?

Choices, choices....

RedMussel
Apr 21, 2008, 06:16 PM
lol at 2-3 weeks after MAG.

MoNoMaTe_MoNkEy
Apr 21, 2008, 06:17 PM
What the hell!? How hard is it to change the code? I program things every day, and the conversion between two languages is NOT hard. A few weeks *after* MAG? So... June? Wtf?

McLaughlin
Apr 21, 2008, 06:17 PM
On 2008-04-21 16:09, Sekani wrote:
Awesome, I bet someone 1 mil meseta that this was getting delayed again.

Who'd you bet?

I have essentially all my skills levelled anyways. It's a bummer, but nothing to quit over.

-Aurora-
Apr 21, 2008, 06:19 PM
lol! sounds about right...next thing they will tell us is that MAG will be delayed too or a Rollback mid afternoon

DEM_CIG
Apr 21, 2008, 06:20 PM
O well deal with it, Sh** happens... no big deal, ill end up leveling my spells anyway, who cares if it takes longer.

bLOODSAW
Apr 21, 2008, 06:21 PM
Dammit... I was hoping to level stuff with the pa rebalance on the 25th...

Looks like ill be too busy playing soul calibur 4 at the end of june to care when it actually hits >.>...

-Tidus_415-
Apr 21, 2008, 06:24 PM
LOL Owned

Atomic646
Apr 21, 2008, 06:25 PM
On 2008-04-21 16:19, -Aurora- wrote:
lol! sounds about right...next thing they will tell us is that MAG will be delayed too or a Rollback mid afternoon

Don't Jinx it!!!!!!!!

Tink
Apr 21, 2008, 06:25 PM
I can see how it can upset a few people. =( I personally don't have a problem with it, I'm more excited to cap my Techer. MAG is still going to be a blast! <3

Touka
Apr 21, 2008, 06:28 PM
On 2008-04-21 16:20, DEM_CIG wrote:
O well deal with it, Sh** happens... no big deal, ill end up leveling my spells anyway, who cares if it takes longer.

What this guy said.It'd be nice to level PA's during MA G but i'm not going to cry/bitch/moan about it when I can cap my characters/hunt new things/help my freinds level.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Kana on 2008-04-21 16:30 ]</font>

TecherRamen
Apr 21, 2008, 06:28 PM
On 2008-04-21 16:09, Orin654 wrote:
Urge to kill...rising

DEM_CIG
Apr 21, 2008, 06:33 PM
On 2008-04-21 16:28, Kana wrote:

What this guy said.It'd be nice to level PA's during MA G but i'm not going to cry/bitch/moan about it when I can cap my characters/hunt new things/help my freinds level.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Kana on 2008-04-21 16:30 ]</font>

I agree it would be nicer to have techs level faster, but there is not point whinning about it Im sure ST is working the best they can and it will come when it comes. When life hands u lemons make lemonade.

chu-chu-chu
Apr 21, 2008, 06:34 PM
It's not so much the content of the update as it is the amazing string of incompetence from SoA and ST.

They simply cannot do anything quickly and well. All they have to do is get the JP stuff over in a manner that maintains and/or grows their playerbase.

To sum up: they suck at their job.

EspioKaos
Apr 21, 2008, 06:36 PM
On 2008-04-21 16:28, Kana wrote:

Agreed. I'd be lying if I said I wasn't a little disappointed, but it's not that big of a deal. MAG is still on its way, and that's what I've really been looking forward to.

RadiantLegend
Apr 21, 2008, 06:37 PM
I guess i'll stick to lving bullets the hard way.

Tink
Apr 21, 2008, 06:38 PM
On 2008-04-21 16:34, chu-chu-chu wrote:
It's not so much the content of the update as it is the amazing string of incompetence from SoA and ST.

They simply cannot do anything quickly and well. All they have to do is get the JP stuff over in a manner that maintains and/or grows their playerbase.

To sum up: they suck at their job.

I wouldn't say they suck at their job. Obviously they are trying, and I don't think a few number switching is going to call the company 'suck'. I do agree that we do get the hand-me-downs and nothing unique. I almost hate it when people are all talking about this amazing event on the JP servers and then come to find out 5 months later we actually might get it. . . but by then we know all about it. ::Shrugs:: It is what it is, MAG will still be great.

MoNoMaTe_MoNkEy
Apr 21, 2008, 06:40 PM
To all those still puckering up to the asses of Sega, worshiping them as they can do no wrong... This isn't the first time this update has been delayed. That is the issue... that's why we're mad.

chu-chu-chu
Apr 21, 2008, 06:40 PM
On 2008-04-21 16:38, Tink wrote:I wouldn't say they suck at their job. Obviously they are trying, and I don't think a few number switching is going to call the company 'suck'. I do agree that we do get the hand-me-downs and nothing unique. I almost hate it when people are all talking about this amazing event on the JP servers and then come to find out 5 months later we actually might get it. . . but by then we know all about it. ::Shrugs:: It is what it is, MAG will still be great.

Obviously they are trying? A string of failed updates and mistakes indicates to you that they are trying?

Please tell me you don't have a job that requires you to use your brain.

stukasa
Apr 21, 2008, 06:41 PM
I'm a little disappointed but I'll get over it. There's still MAG and the PSO clothes to look forward to and that's plenty! <3

(Seriously though, why does EVERY update lately get botched or delayed? :/ )

Magus_84
Apr 21, 2008, 06:42 PM
Upon further contemplation...this probably isn't a problem with the coding. Not at all. It's a business decision.

Hook all the "BAAW DIS NOT PSO, DIS SUX" people with Max Attack G, and the "GM Live support". Reel in the ones who left after Winter Event but still have open accounts with the promise of new things and shiny things.

Then after that group starts to leave again, drop the PA leveling change. It'll swing the balance of classes away from being so heavily melee, and may even coerce people into leveling new alts, keeping the new and recently-returned playing even longer.

Why drop the updates all at once when you can spread them out a bit and pull in more people?

I'd hate to have Chill's job. This reeks of an "upper level management" decision.

My two cents.

Arika
Apr 21, 2008, 06:44 PM
Please be patient it should be coming a few weeks after Maximum Attack G is over. >>>> that mean..... delay to around 2 months!!!

Randomness
Apr 21, 2008, 06:55 PM
I can't imagine its hard to change some numbers in the data... it shouldn't need any kind of translation work whatsoever. I'd say that either thats not the issue, or SEGA has been hiring out of Kodia's college.

Dark Emerald EXE
Apr 21, 2008, 06:56 PM
lol i can say about this is...................lol XD http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif
I dont even get my hopes up on things anymore

Sekani
Apr 21, 2008, 06:59 PM
Wise man say, he who expects nothing is rarely disappointed.

Tylor: I don't think it's someone you know.

Chris28
Apr 21, 2008, 06:59 PM
http://ummundomagico.blogs.sapo.pt/arquivo/crying_baby.jpg

Who cares! I don't see why everyone is in a huge rush to lvl PA's

Randomness
Apr 21, 2008, 07:01 PM
Its not just that. Rangers are due for a massive laser boost (Yay, lasers>slicers!)

MSAksion
Apr 21, 2008, 07:04 PM
DUDE - we could have been doing MAG getting rares and getting points AND speed leveling our stuff.

Now its basically - "oh well you gotta wait so you gotta pay for more months of play".

This kinda stuff makes people on the fence want to jump out of PSU to something more reliable >__>

chu-chu-chu
On 2008-04-21 16:59, Sinow wrote:
http://ummundomagico.blogs.sapo.pt/arquivo/crying_baby.jpg

Who cares! I don't see why everyone is in a huge rush to lvl PA's

Don't cry just because you don't understand. I'm sure you can find a grownup to explain it to you, sugar.

Dark Emerald EXE
Hmmm does rebalance of chikki count for this or no???
I hope not...trying to get my friend out of using slicers as her main weapon

MoNoMaTe_MoNkEy
Apr 21, 2008, 07:12 PM
I care, because i only have 2 rifle bullets over 11! Frankly, I don't want to spend a week per bullet getting them to 21.

RadiantLegend
Apr 21, 2008, 07:12 PM
I demand we get 1 month 3* luck for all these delays.

Dirkster111
Apr 21, 2008, 07:17 PM
Am I the only who thinks that the PA rebalance and the Anti-AFK update will hitting us at the same time? Put them both out at the same time so people can't speed lvl bullets afk.

Authenticate
Apr 21, 2008, 07:18 PM
I'm not disappointed or suprised. I just keep wondering why they tell us they're updating when they can never seem to get them out on time.
It's like they're intentionally trying to piss off the "gaijin" and get them to stop playing their game so they can be like "our games don't sell in America" and only worry about their home audience. I'm joking of course, but still.

SonicTMP
Apr 21, 2008, 07:19 PM
Bet ya they will do that "fix" of the mobs who use resta so you can't afk level bullets. EVen if we all saw this comming, it's disapointing.

pikachief
Apr 21, 2008, 07:25 PM
On 2008-04-21 08:50, pikachief wrote:

On 2008-04-21 08:48, Dirkster111 wrote:
Did they? Oops, my bad, http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif. Espio, you're up on the updates and what not. Have you heard official word on wether we are or are not getting the PA rebalance Friday?

So far we are getting it firday, though Cillaura said he can not confirm that.

The only reason he tsaid that though is because of the tiny chance of an update mess up since we've had so many.

So yes about 98% chance of the PA update friday lol.

sega loves to miss my percents in PSU and outside of PSU http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif lol

Criss
Apr 21, 2008, 07:28 PM
Does that delay include the GT's lv 30 atk techs and TP boost? I was kinda looking forward to having fun with mixing xbows and mguns with attack techs... -_-'

Xaeris
Apr 21, 2008, 07:29 PM
I guess I'll be chikki'ing my way through MAG after all. Er, wait, cheating my way. ...Think I had it right the first time...

pikachief
Apr 21, 2008, 07:29 PM
On 2008-04-21 17:28, Criss wrote:
Does that delay include the GT's lv 30 atk techs and TP boost? I was kinda looking forward to having fun with mixing xbows and mguns with attack techs... -_-'

yup

Dirkster111
Apr 21, 2008, 07:30 PM
On 2008-04-21 17:25, pikachief wrote:

On 2008-04-21 08:50, pikachief wrote:

On 2008-04-21 08:48, Dirkster111 wrote:
Did they? Oops, my bad, http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif. Espio, you're up on the updates and what not. Have you heard official word on wether we are or are not getting the PA rebalance Friday?

So far we are getting it firday, though Cillaura said he can not confirm that.

The only reason he tsaid that though is because of the tiny chance of an update mess up since we've had so many.

So yes about 98% chance of the PA update friday lol.

sega loves to miss my percents in PSU and outside of PSU http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif lol

I'm blame Pika, he jinxed it, http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif....j/k Pika.

Tulio07
Apr 21, 2008, 07:31 PM
I don't get annoyed alot, but this one annoyed me. And that's tough to do.

beatrixkiddo
Apr 21, 2008, 07:32 PM
I was looking forward to the PA EXP changes a bit more than MAG, honestly, since MAG is during finals period anyway.

Oh well, gogo chikkirape for high MAG scores.

xjustsumloser
Apr 21, 2008, 07:33 PM
once again Sega fails. How do you miscalculate timing of a release by a month? I am not going to un subscribe, but I will complain about it. I have a right to as I am a paying customer for piss poor service. Three star holy luck is a pathetic excuse for compensation, if they really wanted to appease all their angered fans, they would try a tiny bit harder and get things out on time. Or better yet, try and catch us up with the Japanese server, rather than spoon feed us content that, most of the time, we have already paid for.

*end of rant*

DraginHikari
Apr 21, 2008, 07:33 PM
Meh in the long run it's only numbers. Most people expect this kind of things by now.

Kylie
Apr 21, 2008, 07:34 PM
This is made of mega super ULTRA fail.

pikachief
Apr 21, 2008, 07:43 PM
On 2008-04-21 17:32, beatrixkiddo wrote:
I was looking forward to the PA EXP changes a bit more than MAG, honestly, since MAG is during finals period anyway.

Oh well, gogo chikkirape for high MAG scores.

thanks for reminding me about that one! yaya im glad i didnt sell all my slicers XD

Jakosifer
Apr 21, 2008, 07:45 PM
Heh, looks like coming back for MAG may well be a waste of time. It'll only be remotely challenging (Challenge in PSU...lawl) if I can solo it since everyone else will be LOLChikkiing it up. Ahhh well. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

ashley50
Apr 21, 2008, 07:46 PM
Delayed...I'll take a 3* luck week for that ;l

Shake
Apr 21, 2008, 07:47 PM
This reminded me of how much content we aren't going to get for a long time. At this point, I think I've come up with a solid way of maximizing the ultimate PSU experience:

Step 1: Play for a month or two!
Step 2: Quit for a year!
Step 3: Rinse and repeat!

I'm sure this kind of thing won't flow for everyone, but for me it's going to work wonders. It saves me money and frees up some spare time to finish up that novel I've been working on. It has a compelling protagonist.

Yusaku_Kudou
Apr 21, 2008, 07:56 PM
I'm pretty tired of this as well. I really wanted to get that extra enemy in on my sword PAs.

Neith
Apr 21, 2008, 08:11 PM
While I'm disappointed that I won't be able to level my new character's PAs at a similar rate to his leveling speed in MAG, and (again), I'm sick of being metaphorically bent over by these shoddy update mess-ups, the fact that MAG itself hasn't (yet) been delayed is enough to allow me to overlook it. If the event itself was delayed... I dread to think what this thread would be like.

It is somewhat worrying that lately ST can't seem to string one or two updates together without messing something up, but at the same time, be glad MAG itself isn't delayed (yet).

Sekani
Apr 21, 2008, 08:25 PM
On 2008-04-21 18:11, UrikoBB3 wrote:
While I'm disappointed that I won't be able to level my new character's PAs at a similar rate to his leveling speed in MAG, and (again), I'm sick of being metaphorically bent over by these shoddy update mess-ups, the fact that MAG itself hasn't (yet) been delayed is enough to allow me to overlook it. If the event itself was delayed... I dread to think what this thread would be like.

It is somewhat worrying that lately ST can't seem to string one or two updates together without messing something up, but at the same time, be glad MAG itself isn't delayed (yet).

Actually if I had to take a MAG delay to get the PA rebalance done, that would be a no-brainer.

nooblet
Apr 21, 2008, 08:32 PM
guess i wont be taking friday off, i was more interested in the pa thing than anyting else.

and how long does MAG last? 2-3 weeks? if so it will be another freaking month before the pa thing is ready. that is IF they get it right.

damn it now im even madder

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: nooblet on 2008-04-21 18:34 ]</font>

pikachief
Apr 21, 2008, 08:36 PM
On 2008-04-21 18:32, nooblet wrote:
guess i wont be taking friday off, i was more interested in the pa thing than anyting else.

and how long does MAG last? 2-3 weeks? if so it will be another freaking month before the pa thing is ready. that is IF they get it right.

damn it now im even madder

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: nooblet on 2008-04-21 18:34 ]</font>

a month, so wait 2 months

Cathbar
Apr 21, 2008, 08:38 PM
Heh, I expect nothing, so when nothing happens, everything is normal ^_^ And when something DOES happen, I'm delightfully suprised! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif Kinda like a suprise party, you never know when it will actually happen!

Oh, and that wonderful 3* luck they keep giving us as recompense? It's fake <_< I grind when I have it, and everything breaks like I have a black-hole next to my name instead of shiny stars. I hope we don't get it again....

Miyoko
Apr 21, 2008, 08:45 PM
God damnit. Useless fucking idiots can't do anything right, Christ.

This is just inexcusable. Honestly, they've fucked up way too many updates now. One or two is understandable, but this is just retarded. I have next to no faith next in ST anymore.

MAG's going to be a joke now. Slicer Spamming is going to skew the hell out of 'leaderboards', fucking over a lot of people whom aren't hunters / don't want to use them. I already had very little interest in MAG, thanks to the high number of Dark enemies you have to fight (Really, really hate dark enemies) and this just makes it worse.

Godamnit. I want to go stab a sick kitten.

jayster
Apr 21, 2008, 08:46 PM
i hate sega.

Powder Keg
Apr 21, 2008, 08:46 PM
Flyers just lost, and now I hear this. ;(

I guess not that big of a deal for me, I didn't plan on leveling techs since Artea's at level 130 anyway. This still blows though, but should be expected at this point.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Artea on 2008-04-21 18:47 ]</font>

Indica
Apr 21, 2008, 09:00 PM
I hope the Sega senior developer dies of a heart attack so the next person who takes his place knows how to program rather then get his degree out of a Crack Jack box

DarkEliteRico
Apr 21, 2008, 09:07 PM
Horseshit, i feel that all these people who are taking time to lvl PA's for MAG just got fucked again...a second pushback come on now. I honestly don't really care about this event anymore, other then the possibility to get a spread needle

Yunfa
Apr 21, 2008, 09:15 PM
The only disapointment I have is all the people cheering to use their slicers. Bleh

Zorafim
Apr 21, 2008, 09:17 PM
Poor Sega of America. Having to push more than one button this half-month. I bet they're exhausted from all that technical stuff us lowly players don't understand.

Oh well, all my PAs are leveled high enough anyway. 'would have been nice to get Zola's techs up to par, but I don't play with her much anyway. I'd much rather have these quests and rewards to look forward to.
Still, can't they program? It's not that they have a tough job, since Sega of Japan seems to be doing fine. I'm sure there's just a couple of rookies pushing the buttons there. If only one person is in charge of posting up news, that has to tell you something about the rest of the team.

Kylie
Apr 21, 2008, 09:22 PM
Surprisingly, I'm not too upset about this. I can safely say I'll have a long time to cap the skills and other arts I want to work on during my time on PSU, and this doesn't really interfere with my plans or goals too much. It is rather disappointing to see ST delaying something again though.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Kylie on 2008-04-21 19:23 ]</font>

-Tidus_415-
Apr 21, 2008, 09:22 PM
Chikki Attack G

DarkEliteRico
Apr 21, 2008, 09:24 PM
Still holding on to AFK'ing in the meantime, i'll probably have 3/4 of my characters capped this time around which kind of sucks since the only thing left to do is hunt stuff for my friends

Proto07
Apr 21, 2008, 09:25 PM
I'm really glad I leveled my bullets in preparation for MAG. And to think I was gonna wait til the rebalance to do it!

LuigiMario
Apr 21, 2008, 09:26 PM
On 2008-04-21 16:28, TecherRamen wrote:

Urge to kill.....rising

lethe
Apr 21, 2008, 09:27 PM
Hey sega, you just lost ten dollars.....

OmgHi
Apr 21, 2008, 09:27 PM
All that left to be done now is MAG delay. Then the cycle is complete.

Aorre
Apr 21, 2008, 09:28 PM
Haha! Sometimes I wonder if they do this on purpose just for kicks.

Guess I'll be going Fortefighter for the event.

Xaeris
Apr 21, 2008, 09:33 PM
Well, don't abandon all hope just yet. Chillaura specifically mentions the PA experience update is what won't be made. The rebalances to PA stats may still go through. Or maybe he just misstyped and meant the entire kit n' kaboodle. Well, no matter. I think it may soon come time for me to move on from PSU.

Katrina
Apr 21, 2008, 09:37 PM
Meh. Just meh. I'm disappointed, but not so much as to put me into full rant mode. Meh.

Shinko
Apr 21, 2008, 09:40 PM
.... sigh and they wonder why they cant keep ppl playing psu or get new players. Damn sega stop with the fuck up and do things on time as u say u will!

Para
Apr 21, 2008, 09:44 PM
My guess:

SEGA's staff has been shorthanded lately on coders/programmers etc. Lately they've been working on all MAG stuff but because of that, they haven't made enough time for the PA rebalance update. Now nearing crunch time, they've realized they have keep up to schedule and have to delay something: PA rebalance. MA:G takes priority so lol.

DraginHikari
Apr 21, 2008, 09:51 PM
On 2008-04-21 19:40, Shinko wrote:
.... sigh and they wonder why they cant keep ppl playing psu or get new players. Damn sega stop with the fuck up and do things on time as u say u will!

The general problem is the game has been pretty much a fluke from the get go. The staff handling the game I wouldn't be surprise been more then 1/10 of what SoJ team is handling it and this is more towards a much larging taking to the Game in Japan then here, which from what I can tell is just a difference in taste compared to teh US and European reigions.

At this point it just seems to be string things along just to make things last as long as they can before it flops entirely. With what they have avalible I just don't really see a mircale to revive it coming. Just like PSO eventually when it becomes a loss to keep it going, they'll shut down the servers like they've been doing lately.

However I still play and have come to accept the way things are. With the way I play the way they string things along has little effect on the how I play. All I can really say if you don't like the service don't go to the store. It makes people sound like those people where I work that will come in and constantly complain about how much Wal-Mart ruins everything while having a cart full of what we sell.

Randomness
Apr 21, 2008, 09:52 PM
On 2008-04-21 19:44, Para wrote:
My guess:

SEGA's staff has been shorthanded lately on coders/programmers etc. Lately they've been working on all MAG stuff but because of that, they haven't made enough time for the PA rebalance update. Now nearing crunch time, they've realized they have keep up to schedule and have to delay something: PA rebalance. MA:G takes priority so lol.

Problem with that scenario is that in theory the PA update should just be applying the exact same patch JP got... There should be no translations involved in what is essentially a data update...

Edit:As to Chikki... a laser cannon would probably outpace it in C due to the lower start up time. Especially if combined with a shotgun for wider spreads. Though Chikki certainly requires far less work to get to a useful point...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Randomness on 2008-04-21 19:53 ]</font>

DraginHikari
Apr 21, 2008, 09:56 PM
On 2008-04-21 19:52, Randomness wrote:

On 2008-04-21 19:44, Para wrote:
My guess:

Problem with that scenario is that in theory the PA update should just be applying the exact same patch JP got... There should be no translations involved in what is essentially a data update...

Edit:As to Chikki... a laser cannon would probably outpace it in C due to the lower start up time. Especially if combined with a shotgun for wider spreads. Though Chikki certainly requires far less work to get to a useful point...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Randomness on 2008-04-21 19:53 ]</font>

The problem is that not always the case, even if they are the same game, they are not always the same type of server system nor the code always exactly the same from reigion to reigion..

Randomness
Apr 21, 2008, 09:59 PM
The values for this would be in various files of data, not the executable, and those files would have no real reason to be different from region to region. (In structure, not current state, due to patches, etc.)

chalka
Apr 21, 2008, 09:59 PM
well fook. was kind of hoping to mass level my rifles during mag but i guess not.

oh well, as long as i get my HUmar garb i'll be happy.

Ffuzzy-Logik
Apr 21, 2008, 10:01 PM
No, the likely problem is that none of the local staff understand the code of the game at all/have any control over code changes, and as such they are entirely at the whim of the Japanese staff (i.e. the ones who program everything in the game), who probably aren't too terribly motivated in working on fixes for a server less than a tenth the size of their own.

beatrixkiddo
Apr 21, 2008, 10:02 PM
It's because we failed Firebreak.

Way to go guys!

Ffuzzy-Logik
Apr 21, 2008, 10:03 PM
I'm purified! :3

Proto07
Apr 21, 2008, 10:04 PM
On 2008-04-21 20:02, beatrixkiddo wrote:
It's because we failed Firebreak.

Way to go guys!

But I tried telling people to get off Neudaiz. ;_;

Criss
Apr 21, 2008, 10:08 PM
This only proves how bad Sega of America can handle this game. Aside from their complete lack of attempt at making the game known (to the point where a community user has to take it upon himself to start some advertising), they also repeatedly fail to give us server updates that don't require any localisation.

So it's not ST's fault. Nor is it Sega of Japan. After all, the japanese servers are getting regular updates. The english PSU servers are bound to fail if SoA keeps handling things like this.

Kerry157
Apr 21, 2008, 10:08 PM
We have to end apartheid for one. And disable nuclear arms, stop terrorism and world hunger. We have to provide food and shelter for the homeless, and oppose racial discrimination and promote civil rights, while also promoting equal rights for women. We have to encourage a return to traditional moral values. Most importantly, we have to promote general social concern and less materialism in young people.

RadiantLegend
Apr 21, 2008, 10:09 PM
On 2008-04-21 19:33, Xaeris wrote:
Well, don't abandon all hope just yet. Chillaura specifically mentions the PA experience update is what won't be made. The rebalances to PA stats may still go through. Or maybe he just misstyped and meant the entire kit n' kaboodle. Well, no matter. I think it may soon come time for me to move on from PSU.

And where do you think you are going? >_<!!!!

Retehi
Apr 21, 2008, 10:13 PM
lol no one leaves this game. They'll scream and stomp their feet but oh hoo hoo, they're still giving Sega their money.

SonicTMP
Apr 21, 2008, 10:19 PM
On 2008-04-21 20:13, Retehi wrote:
lol no one leaves this game. They'll scream and stomp their feet but oh hoo hoo, they're still giving Sega their money.

You say that but people do leave. not everyone throws a hissy fit and toughs it out. Some just leave without sayign a word.

pikachief
Apr 21, 2008, 10:20 PM
On 2008-04-21 20:13, Retehi wrote:

its true, my friend goes on and on and ON about how PSU is the worst game ever created, and he hasnt played the game in 3 months, yet HE STILL PAYS FOR IT! LOL XD

Golto
Apr 21, 2008, 10:21 PM
Keep in mind guys its the JPNs that does the coding so they and m$ accreditation to blame to the shitty service we get. Why can't they take the 5 mins it will take to change some PAs for us lowly gaijins?

Retehi
Apr 21, 2008, 10:24 PM
On 2008-04-21 20:19, SonicTMP wrote:

You say that but people do leave. not everyone throws a hissy fit and toughs it out. Some just leave without sayign a word.

Yeah that's more along the lines of what I meant. The ones that don't throw the "LOL IM LEAVING BRB" scene tend to just slink off to something else.

zantetsuken
Apr 21, 2008, 10:36 PM
People leave all the time. Remember when AotI first came out the PC/PS2 servers actually had a universe at 4-5 star population for a month or so. They certainly don't anymore.

I haven't had my account on since February. I'll admit I'll probably still be coming back just for MAG, but it's things like this that cause people (myself included) to quit in the first place.

I think what really makes things like this so painful is that first we're told April 11th. Awesome. Then we're told it's getting pushed back until April 25th with MAG. Eh, sucks, but not a big deal I guess. Now we're being told some weeks after MAG. Uhm, what? That's at least another month (or longer) being added, probably 2+ months from when we originally expected it (11th). That's just completely unacceptable.

EtherForce
Apr 21, 2008, 10:42 PM
The perfect marketing scheme! Promise faster PA levels then delay it till after the fast levelling is gone. They'll come for the power levelling then stay to catch up their PA's!

chaoskila
Apr 21, 2008, 10:45 PM
blah...
rebalancing isnt really a big issue

ifs its too hard to lv up no one will use it
too easy it would go up and they would go to another pa

ifs its too strong you will see it and get bord and not use it
too weak no one will use cuz it sucks duh duh duh

Ffuzzy-Logik
Apr 21, 2008, 10:47 PM
On 2008-04-21 20:36, zantetsuken wrote:
People leave all the time. Remember when AotI first came out the PC/PS2 servers actually had a universe at 4-5 star population for a month or so. They certainly don't anymore.No we didn't. At very most, it got to 4 full stars. It happened like once.

It has fallen to 2-2.5 since, yes.

Syl
Apr 21, 2008, 10:58 PM
On 2008-04-21 20:47, Ffuzzy-Logik wrote:

On 2008-04-21 20:36, zantetsuken wrote:
People leave all the time. Remember when AotI first came out the PC/PS2 servers actually had a universe at 4-5 star population for a month or so. They certainly don't anymore.No we didn't. At very most, it got to 4 full stars. It happened like once.

It has fallen to 2-2.5 since, yes.

Actually, we did get a full 5 stars one evening. After that, it would peak at about 4 1/2 stars sometimes, and then 4 stars at the highest for a while. It plummeted from there to what it is now http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Xefi
Apr 21, 2008, 11:04 PM
I like it back then when the population have uni.1 at full and uni.2 at 2-3 stars. It was really nice because i have to try really hard to get to the full star uni.1. This was when the game first came out though and De Ragan was popular.

On topic: What a shame. They delayed the PAs adjustment again.

Gunslinger-08
Apr 21, 2008, 11:05 PM
On 2008-04-21 16:25, Tink wrote:
MAG is still going to be a blast! <3

http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_yes.gif OFT

MrNomad
Apr 21, 2008, 11:07 PM
So what if this update is delayed? It's a friggin' PA rebalancing, woop dee fucking doo. It'd make sense if we were getting a new mission but no. Besides, MAG is coming along the way, stop crapping yourselves over the delay and worry about the upcoming event that every town idiot cried we wouldn't get > >

Uncle_bob
Apr 21, 2008, 11:10 PM
Sega sucks cock.

Truth.

Chikki = free leaderboard

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Uncle_bob on 2008-04-21 21:15 ]</font>

darkante
Apr 21, 2008, 11:17 PM
Everything gets fucking delayed always. I sure wish that ST could fire the monkeys that run the place soon. >.>

No wonder that PSU is pretty desert because of all people leaving it.
They despise ST workers imcompetence. And very little adversiting is bound to make it fail.
Shame the game is good otherwise but..why do the monkeys always ruin the game?
They shouldn´t be handling the game..leave it to smarter people.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: darkante on 2008-04-21 21:36 ]</font>

Mr_Confused
Apr 21, 2008, 11:28 PM
OMG how hard is it to freaking update the game, comon Sega!

-Tidus_415-
Apr 21, 2008, 11:37 PM
Everybody is overreacting. Most of you were probably going to level up some random PA's because you're bored and will never use them again. Leveling up your Mayalee shot is going to have to wait.

Shou
Apr 21, 2008, 11:37 PM

pikachief
Apr 21, 2008, 11:39 PM
On 2008-04-21 21:37, -Tidus_415- wrote:
Everybody is overreacting. Most of you were probably going to level up some random PA's because you're bored and will never use them again. Leveling up your Mayalee shot is going to have to wait.

i know a lot of people who held up leveling up elemented bullets, rifle and lasers specifically, and new spells they had gotten till friday >.<

darkante
Apr 21, 2008, 11:41 PM
On 2008-04-21 21:37, -Tidus_415- wrote:

Well, i want a reason to level up my other rifle elements soon.
It drains way too much time to be worth leveling it to a useful level.
Shame could be said to Laser Cannon: Uber pwnage beam at high level = Very very long time spent to level it.

Gunslinger-08
Apr 21, 2008, 11:52 PM
Despite my optomism, this is disheartening. It's almost like they want people to quit so they can stop putting money into the American servers...

-Tidus_415-
Apr 21, 2008, 11:56 PM
Well IMO They delayed the PA update because they want to give people something to do AFTER MAG instead of going straight back to white beast. If anything I think its a good idea.

Egg99
Apr 21, 2008, 11:58 PM
There's a very large line between incompetence and stupidity.

...This is stupidity.

Contrary to pretty much every elitist and/or forumwhore's opinion, the dismay from many players has nothing to do with us not being able to super-level our Megids and wtfpwn all the PSO enemies. In truth, the dismay stems from ST not being able to do their fucking job properly, which they have repeatedly proven a ridiculous number of times over the past several months.

I really could care less that I'll have to continue tech grinding for another two months. The problem is that, exaggeration aside, ST is pretty much handed everything on a silver platter from JP-side, and yet they're still fucking incapable of delivering an update either on time, correctly, or both.

The other problem that their blatant stupidity presents us with is a direct hit to MAG's playability. This update wasn't just about PA leveling for alot of people; it was also about balance. Alot of us were really hoping for a chance to enjoy MAG without that broken ass Cheeky Korean Chin dropping everything before anyone else entered a room. Hell, alot of us were probably hoping for a shot to land in the top 100 as well, but hey, screw us right? The leaderboards are officially going to boil down to who can spam that POS PA the most for big numbarz. I was hoping to have some fun with MAG, you know? Take in the nostalgia, fight some old enemies, remember the old (read: fun) levels, and maybe gain a few levels as to not suck so hard anymore. Now it's gonna be nothing but a stupid friggin race to see who can kill all the Delsabers the quickest.

Ranting aside, my point is that we pay these people with the understanding that we'll be delivered new content, properly, and in a fairly timely manner... and it isn't happening. In fact, it hasn't been happening for quite a while now. It's bloody pathetic considering how ST gets bottle-fed from Japan and they still can't get their shit straight. That folks, is the reason why 90% of the people are pissed.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Egg99 on 2008-04-21 22:03 ]</font>

chu-chu-chu
Apr 22, 2008, 12:05 AM
Chillaura made a big fucking to-do about how they were sorry the game had been handled so poorly and that they were gong to change things and right the ship.

Then they followed that announcement with a series of mistakes. They're dicks.

Andy1423
What I don't get, is that they have already done this crap once before. Why is it so frickin hard to do it agian.

Ranting aside, my point is that we pay these people with the understanding that we'll be delivered new content, properly, and in a fairly timely manner... and it isn't happening. In fact, it hasn't been happening for quite a while now. It's bloody pathetic considering how ST gets bottle-fed from Japan and they still can't get their shit straight. That folks, is the reason why 90% of the people are pissed.

Exactly. Whenever the JP severs are getting content- they get it!!! Why is it that when updating US servers they're "just not able to" update the crap properly?

I just don't get it. I think SEGA owes the us/euro players something in return for repeatedly having these "delays."

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Andy1423 on 2008-04-21 22:11 ]</font>

Emblem00
On 2008-04-21 19:26, LuigiMario wrote:

Urge to kill.....rising

Alastor_Haven
Apr 22, 2008, 12:06 AM
Q_Q

Dot Dot Dot

LeMan_Bayon
Apr 22, 2008, 12:11 AM
If this was delayed to give us something to do after MAG other than White Beast, what would stop everyone from just using White Beast to level the PA's with the increased speed? I think that our thing to do after MAG is supposed to be the Neudaiz GBR.

Also, the day that the JP got the rebalance was the Feb 28th, the same day that the Dengeki Festival began, which would have been about the same circumstance for us (MAG +PA rebalance). So I don't think they would have considered it "giving us too much at once".

engelsein
Apr 22, 2008, 12:11 AM
great now im gonna be called a noob for not using slicers... http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

Andy1423
Apr 22, 2008, 12:13 AM
yeah ofcourse that would be the mentality of SEGA, "giving the US TOO MUCH."

S4CT4L1TY
Apr 22, 2008, 12:13 AM
On 2008-04-21 22:05, Emblem00 wrote:

On 2008-04-21 19:26, LuigiMario wrote:

Urge to kill.....rising

S.E.G.A. SUX >:(

Andy1423
Apr 22, 2008, 12:14 AM
they should give top 1000 players spread needles for their incompatance

Kerry157
Apr 22, 2008, 12:18 AM
On 2008-04-21 22:14, Andy1423 wrote:
they should give top 1000 players spread needles for their incompatance

if they did that then there would only be 5 or 6 people who play this game that dont get one =/

Egg99
Apr 22, 2008, 12:23 AM
On 2008-04-21 22:11, engelsein wrote:
great now im gonna be called a noob for not using slicers... http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

Good point. I forgot to mention that should you choose not to spam Koreans with your leet slicer, you'll automatically become a shitty Acrofighter. You'll also be a shitty Fortefighter and Figunner for not spamming it either. You'll also miss out on half the experience and 95% of the fun because every other person around you will be spamming -- and killing -- mobs before you can hit X.

Can't friggin wait for MAG now. Thanks ST.

Andy1423
Apr 22, 2008, 12:30 AM
okay, maybe 1000 spread needles is a bit too hasty, but you get my point. OR howa bout 2 months FREE!!!! But I guess that would be absolutly outrageous. (sarcasticlly speaking)

Astarin
Apr 22, 2008, 12:31 AM
Y'know, it sounds like we could still get the other planned updates this Friday. I think people are jumping to conclusions, a bit.

The post explicitly says that the PA experience update will be delayed, and that a list of the "gameplay changes" which they are implementing will go up tomorrow. To me, that says that the Slicer nerf, the Rifle/Laser boost, and the GT boost could still go live on the 25th. Really, we have to wait and see.

Kryslin
Apr 22, 2008, 12:41 AM
While I'm not terribly surprised, I'm also somewhat disappointed.

My guess on the delay has to do with localization of MAG; While I have no clue how large the PSU team of SoA is, I suspect it is a small group of people, and localizing MAG (and MAG', The Messenger, and Program DF) took up too much of their time and resources, and something of lesser importance had to give. Making sure it gets translated, and then linking that resource into the code, and then getting it all past M$.... That takes time.

For me, it simply means I'm carrying around 15+ rifles to level up my only ultimate PA - Killer Shot - for a while yet.

Ironically, one of my main reasons for picking up AotI was the possibility to play the old PSO levels. So, MAG and MAG' is pretty much what I've been waiting for. And if I can get some of the old costumes/parts, I'll be happier. I'll also expect to play MAG with friends, and I expect a lot of people using slicers will get booted from parties. Won't stop them soloing.

We can hope the slicer adjustment comes with the next update.

Steve

Iredore
Apr 22, 2008, 12:53 AM
This is an evil business strategy for a dying game.

SoA is sneaky, very sneaky indeed.

Mikura
Apr 22, 2008, 12:57 AM
On 2008-04-21 18:45, Miyoko wrote:
God damnit. Useless fucking idiots can't do anything right, Christ.

This is just inexcusable. Honestly, they've fucked up way too many updates now. One or two is understandable, but this is just retarded. I have next to no faith next in ST anymore.

MAG's going to be a joke now. Slicer Spamming is going to skew the hell out of 'leaderboards', fucking over a lot of people whom aren't hunters / don't want to use them. I already had very little interest in MAG, thanks to the high number of Dark enemies you have to fight (Really, really hate dark enemies) and this just makes it worse.

Godamnit. I want to go stab a sick kitten.

I figured you'd voice your opinion on this on PSOW since you and I both felt pretty strongly about this. But sadly, I feel the same way you do really. -_-

Actually, I don't think I'm pissed so much about the PA exp adjustment getting delayed as I am about the fact we were told the 11th, then the 25th, NOW more like 2 months. If Chill was able to confirm it to be at the start of June from the very beginning, I think I could've handled this much better. As it is, I'm beyond pissed at this.

I'll still try to enjoy MAG but if they don't at least nerf Chikki, then this event is going to be an absolute yawn fest with everyone spamming the goddamn thing.And for those that can't use slicers, good luck getting any exp.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Mikura on 2008-04-21 22:58 ]</font>

Chibi_psu
Apr 22, 2008, 01:20 AM
god i really wanted the guntecher patch.....why sega cant do anything right?Cant they do extra maintenance and fix it and give us our update?god damn it

Rayokarna
Apr 22, 2008, 01:23 AM
On 2008-04-21 21:58, Egg99 wrote:
Cheeky Korean Chin

LMAO

Jarek
Apr 22, 2008, 01:27 AM
I'm mostly disappointed that the situation has come to this.
As some have said, I already have all my techs past 31 but a few, so it's not a huge issue. But it is kind of discouraging me from leveling up any new bullets for my gunner, so I just end up using the few bullets I do have higher leveled.

On another note, if this does turn into chikki attack G, I wouldn't be opposed to looking for others who want to run it without any slicers. I plan to get out in random games a lot during this event to try and expand my partner card list, and I don't want chikki hate to put a damper on good parties.

jobber
Apr 22, 2008, 01:42 AM
ugh

buying photon charges for level 35 Killer Shot is getting expensive.

Sasamichan
Apr 22, 2008, 02:20 AM
I'm not disappointed since it was never officially announced.

Anyone have a picture of a crying baby with a snot bubble in one of his nose?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sasamichan on 2008-04-22 00:25 ]</font>

Mewnie
Apr 22, 2008, 03:03 AM
Well, fuck. Glad to see the US team put those degrees from DeVry to good use! http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y46/MagpieMouse/MewnPSU/emot-awesome.gif

Guess I'm gonna switch to AT with my 20-ish buffs. I hate buff parties with a burning passion. I'd sooner do something more fun, like punching myself in the face or hammering nails through my hand.

ShadowDragon28
Apr 22, 2008, 03:06 AM
ITT
http://i159.photobucket.com/albums/t127/ShadowDragon28/120345231554s.jpg

Winter_of_uno
Apr 22, 2008, 03:14 AM
ST should just stop announcing any updates with concrete dates because it always ends in them being the personification of incompetence.

KiteWolfwood
Apr 22, 2008, 03:18 AM
Well good thing I decided not to buy my guns and change to Fortegunner yet. I guess I will have to AF slicer it up for a while longer.

mvffin
Apr 22, 2008, 03:40 AM
i just dont understand how all this shit has already been implemented in the jp servers, but they have so many problems gettting it here. wtf, its the same game HELLO

GuardianElite
Apr 22, 2008, 03:48 AM
On 2008-04-21 16:06, Jarek wrote:
Straight from Chill, I wouldn't want this guy's job.
http://boards2.sega.com/psu_board/viewtopic.php?p=852106#852106

The PA experience rate rebalancing will not be coming on 4/25, we will have a detailed list of this week's game play changes up tomorrow.

I know how this particular adjustment is particularly desired, and am sorry we can't deliver it sooner. Please be patient it should be coming a few weeks after Maximum Attack G is over.

-Chill

I think whoever is in charge of our psu is the biggest troll, since this is bound to cause much flaming and ranting.

So feel free to share your displeasure (or lack thereof).

Now you see, how SEGA Consoles wasnt successful http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif

Danny_Dark
Apr 22, 2008, 04:39 AM
What the Hell!?
What is it this Time?!
(...Oh Well...Sigh...)

-Chilly
Apr 22, 2008, 06:27 AM
It gets delayed because people want it and are willing to stay until it arrives.

I'm wondering if I should even bother reactiving my account on friday. >.>

amtalx
Apr 22, 2008, 06:29 AM
<-- Was expecting something like this.

-Chilly
Apr 22, 2008, 06:33 AM
btw, if they gave out 1000 spread needles on the PC/ps2 server everyone would have one, there might even be extras left over http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif

DarkShadowX
Apr 22, 2008, 06:55 AM
Lol didn't realize Espio already posted about the update. Never mind.....*snips post*

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: DarkShadowX on 2008-04-22 04:56 ]</font>

redroses
Apr 22, 2008, 07:47 AM
What makes me so dissapointed about this, is that this is the second time it's getting delayed. And not by a week or two, but most likely by 2 Months! Plus the fact I lost my old account were I had a lot of PA's high leveled, especially my buffs =/ (but even there sega was to lazy and incompetent to fix my account.....so how should they get updates to work?)

I have been loking forward to this update to finally level my Buffs again(I started leveling them again, but >_<). And my TECHs I had...but nooooo, I gotta wait a whole two months. I don't understand why they couldnt update the PA rebalance while MAG, or right away after MAG...why weeks after MAG?

I mean, according to Espios update post, they have the time and ability to get the AFK update up, but just don't make it to update the PA rebalance...don't get it...

pikachief
Apr 22, 2008, 07:58 AM
On 2008-04-22 05:47, amai_berry wrote:
I mean, according to Espios update post, they have the time and ability to get the AFK update up, but just don't make it to update the PA rebalance...don't get it...

then that means there was a bug in it or something, actually wrong, if they can throw in a new unspoken update out of nowhere and not get us this one for a few months O.o lol

Fresh
Apr 22, 2008, 08:04 AM
Personally I don't like this people get to level faster too 100, now they get to level PA's faster .why? People who have been around since release of PSU didn't have it this easy it was alot better when it was actually an achievement to level or level a PA...... It's sad to see people running around at level 100 and they have no good weapons, they only have like 4 PA's and non of them are leveled they should just change it back so that people have to level like when the game came out maybe then people wouldn't quit all the time. I mean the game just keeps getting easier and easier I liked then it was hard.......

pikachief
Apr 22, 2008, 08:08 AM
but my friend got to lvl 50 in 3 days, and 4 S rank weapons and 2 mil, and thats just in 1 character alone lol.

i remember i did a full 1000 hours of S rank hunting. not a single S rank.

now i do 1 hour and get one :/

Fresh
Apr 22, 2008, 08:24 AM
<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Fresh on 2008-04-22 06:40 ]</font>

Cracka_J
Apr 22, 2008, 08:32 AM
This is absolutely pathetic. A few friends were planning on coming back to psu because things were set to be lookin up this friday, however this forces them not to activate, and me into a situation (after playing since launch) of having no motivation to play through an event I was looking towards...and possibly cancel as well.

Here is my honest feelings on this: I love psu. If things were maintained on a regular basis and changes implemented AS PROMISED, I'd have no reason to ever want to leave. But this utter incompetence on both ST, US GM's, and whoever else at ST/sega that has been making these false promises.

These idiots have NO COMPREHENSION of customer service, and they should really take a hint to either STFU or follow through on your promises. I'm at the point where I refuse to give a penny more of the money I grind out at my job for their piss-poor service, I believe several others feel the same way and that will ultimately be the demise of this community.

We can only take so much candy-coated bullshyt (yes this goes directly to chillaura aka PR sega boy). Bs is still bs no matter how nice you try to wrap it. Either come through on what you say to the community or STFU asshat.

Andy1423
Apr 22, 2008, 08:32 AM
I love this game, BUT this is exactly why HALO (series) another one of my favorite games is FAR BETTER.

Why? Oh, maybe because Halo is one of the most soild games ever, not to mention that Bungie is the GReastest group/design team when it comes to making promises, keeping them and making the fans always happy.

This slacker BS makes me want to fire somebody

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Andy1423 on 2008-04-22 06:33 ]</font>

Kerry157
Apr 22, 2008, 08:37 AM
er, i don't know why they made this announcement because there is an update for photon arts. The update that is delayed is the increased photon art leveling speed.

Fresh
Apr 22, 2008, 08:37 AM
On 2008-04-22 06:32, Andy1423 wrote:
I love this game, BUT this is exactly why HALO (series) another one of my favorite games is FAR BETTER.

Why? Oh, maybe because Halo is one of the most soild games ever, not to mention that Bungie is the GReastest group/design team when it comes to making promises, keeping them and making the fans always happy.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Andy1423 on 2008-04-22 06:33 ]</font>

...... oh

Andy1423
Apr 22, 2008, 08:48 AM
...... oh

Okay, maybe I'm being a bit too hasty agian, but still...

I love HAlo and I love PSO/PSU series. I just wish sometimes that we didn't have to know how good the JP players have it comparied to us. I don't see why they couldn't make an effort to update both servers at the same time. I mean, isn't computer langauge all the SAME! Anyways.....

*******I did, just see that we will be getting most of the update, so all hope is not lost for ST. ~sigh~ wheeew**********

pikachief
Apr 22, 2008, 09:00 AM
On 2008-04-22 06:37, Kerry157 wrote:
er, i don't know why they made this announcement because there is an update for photon arts. The update that is delayed is the increased photon art leveling speed.

if u read it, chillaura only states the exp rate being delayed lol

Kerry157
Apr 22, 2008, 09:04 AM
o rite (duh)

-Tidus_415-
Apr 22, 2008, 09:08 AM
On 2008-04-22 06:32, Andy1423 wrote:

Actually...Look how long it took them to fix the commando shoulder pads for Elites..

Akaimizu
Apr 22, 2008, 09:30 AM
The PA rebalance is most wanted. Still, I'll probably casually play the MAG, but I'm pretty much out of the question for getting certain PAs I really wanted levelled. On the other hand, that does mean that my Phantom Prism is still quite useful and might have to be the neutral weapon choice since I'm still far from levelling my Laser elementals.

Outside of that, I have plenty of well levelled bullets in certain things, just the highest of the high speed options for my personal self wont be completely ready across my entire weapon board. Hopefully, my very ready arsenal of stuff to speed other folk up will be of use.

Kerry157
Apr 22, 2008, 09:32 AM
The title of this thread should be altered since the PA rebalance is not delayed. Only the PA experience rate increase is being delayed. People are getting pissed for no reason

pikachief
Apr 22, 2008, 09:35 AM
On 2008-04-22 07:30, Akaimizu wrote:
The PA rebalance is most wanted. Still, I'll probably casually play the MAG, but I'm pretty much out of the question for getting certain PAs I really wanted levelled. On the other hand, that does mean that my Phantom Prism is still quite useful and might have to be the neutral weapon choice since I'm still far from levelling my Laser elementals.

Outside of that, I have plenty of well levelled bullets in certain things, just the highest of the high speed options for my personal self wont be completely ready across my entire weapon board. Hopefully, my very ready arsenal of stuff to speed other folk up will be of use.

PA balance is still there them PA exp rate boost is what is gone!

chu-chu-chu
Apr 22, 2008, 09:53 AM
Amazing. They cannot successfully make a several month old update, but they claim to be ready to implement some of the most recent changes to the JP servers.

They have no idea what they're doing.

Battlestar
Apr 22, 2008, 10:06 AM
where are you getting this information that only the PA exp rate is being delayed, and all other parts of that patch are not? please give your source ( a link ) as I cannot find anything by chillaura saying this.

EspioKaos
Apr 22, 2008, 10:09 AM
http://www.pso-world.com/viewtopic.php?topic=174217&forum=20&57

Johan
Apr 22, 2008, 10:11 AM
JP 360 site

Cracka_J
Apr 22, 2008, 10:12 AM
On 2008-04-22 07:53, chu-chu-chu wrote:
They have no idea what they're doing.

Sad/True.

The last 3 months of psu have been nothing but:

•rollback
•delay
•billing crash
•PA lvling delay
•PA lvling delay

And this is the change chillaura promised? How many of these problems did we experience during the v1 PSU days? Lets see....considering our first rollback ever was with AOI on 360...that would make 0.

These guys have been talking out of their @sses, hoping that whatever PR methods they've been trying will keep players around. Painfully obvious they have 0 credibility and 0 clue as to what is going on anymore.

Just tell the players, your paying customers, that you are incompetent, lazy, scumbags, liars, etc. so we can just move on to something more reliable now. I'm sick of paying for false promises.

Andy1423
Apr 22, 2008, 10:18 AM
Actually...Look how long it took them to fix the commando shoulder pads for Elites..

Right, well first of all I'm racist agianst Elies (lol. they must all die!!!)

Second, that it mear pebbles comparied to the consistancy of errors we recieve from PSU. Not to mention that Bungie gets things fixed way faster, and or you know that someone is working hard on fixing it. With SEGA, you really never know for sure how hard their working to fix things.

Akaimizu
Apr 22, 2008, 10:22 AM
On 2008-04-22 07:35, pikachief wrote:

PA balance is still there them PA exp rate boost is what is gone!

Well, that was what I was hoping for, too. Thus my message. It means that some of my arts which I wanted for the MAG event wont be ready.

buzyb77
Apr 22, 2008, 10:37 AM
Cheers for team delay and give us nothing for our money per month.....

AlMcFly
Apr 22, 2008, 10:43 AM
I for one actually don't really care yet lol. I still have a good amount of PA Frag melee PA's I need leveled to 40 so I haven't even THOUGHT about starting on bullets and techs. Either the PA adjustment is a really hard thing to implement, or it's on the SUPER DUPER BACKBURNER. All I can do is LOL at this ;P.

desturel
Apr 22, 2008, 10:54 AM
On 2008-04-22 08:12, Cracka_J wrote:
Sad/True.

The last 3 months of psu have been nothing but:

•rollback
•delay
•billing crash
•PA lvling delay
•PA lvling delay

Bruce S
Egg Thieves
HSM S

Other than that I'd have to agree. I'm not too worried about the PA leveling thing. All I was going to do was level up the rest of my lasers. Most of my important techs are already level 31 and above. Of the ones that aren't, the only one I'm worried about leveling is rabarta since I was stupid and sold that one instead of delivering it.

Jarek
Apr 22, 2008, 11:16 AM
On 2008-04-22 07:32, Kerry157 wrote:
The title of this thread should be altered since the PA rebalance is not delayed. Only the PA experience rate increase is being delayed. People are getting pissed for no reason

Just got around to reading Espio's topic, and changed the title.

chaostroop3
Apr 22, 2008, 11:30 AM
bungie makes some stupped(spelt it wrong on purpose) mistakes

like the true skill system

Kerry157
Apr 22, 2008, 11:46 AM
On 2008-04-22 08:06, Battlestar wrote:
where are you getting this information that only the PA exp rate is being delayed, and all other parts of that patch are not? please give your source ( a link ) as I cannot find anything by chillaura saying this.

To answer:

On 2008-04-21 16:59, ChillAura Wrote:

-Chill

Can you see it?
I think a lot of people are upset who shouldn't be.

F-Gattaca
Apr 22, 2008, 11:54 AM
The reactions in this thread can be summed up with a single picture.

http://www.enjoyfrance.com/images/stories/france/news/paris_riots.jpg

Welcome to the community of every MMORPG, ever.

Andy1423
Apr 22, 2008, 11:58 AM
No, Bungie can do no wrong.

gratefulgriz
Apr 22, 2008, 12:07 PM
I too am sick of paying for unfulfilled promises. ST has a contract with each customer in which we pay for updates. If these updates never come, which they dont, we should take them to court. Its ridiculous how ST treats their customers and the loyal fan base.

Sekani
Apr 22, 2008, 12:14 PM
On 2008-04-22 09:54, F-Gattaca wrote:

Welcome to the community of every MMORPG, ever.

At least those other games have updates to bawwww over.

It's been a while since I've seen a gameplay-related rant that wasn't directly caused by Sonic Team failing.

Cracka_J
Apr 22, 2008, 12:14 PM
I'd be much happier if they shut their mouths about things they are uncertain of.
If there's a possibility or even a small probability that someone/something could f up or go wrong, they should not be throwing rumors around the community. And that's all I see Chill and their staff as atm, a bunch rumor starters with no credibility and a horrible track record.

If there's nothing to get hopes up about, there's nothing to be disappointed over. If they could just shut up until something is 100% confirmed, you'd have a lot less pissed off people. Instead, they float around dates and times with really no relevance just to "quiet the masses". It's a load of bs and you know it.

So now, according to Chill, the date is again floating around for "sometime a few weeks after mag". Naturally because he ran his mouth again, people will expect the update to hit sometime then. If it doesn't, this whole mess will come up again. Stop promising things you can't provide.

If he stated from the start: "We are unsure of the current timeframe it will take to resolve the current issues in this patch, we will do the best to get it to you as soon as we possibly can." I doubt very few would be having problems with this. But the fact is a lot of people (me included) feel lied to, because chill has set dates for this THREE TIMES NOW, and has delivered nothing. But believe what you want, I just can't trust these jagbags any longer.

F-Gattaca
Apr 22, 2008, 12:16 PM
On 2008-04-22 10:07, gratefulgriz wrote:
I too am sick of paying for unfulfilled promises. ST has a contract with each customer in which we pay for updates. If these updates never come, which they dont, we should take them to court. Its ridiculous how ST treats their customers and the loyal fan base.

See what I mean? My picture was a perfect analogy of how you're all acting. Especially since it didn't even phase you or Sekani, who contradicted himself with his bawwwing over the lack of PA EXP rebalancing yet says here that other MMOs actually have updates to bawww over. Heh!

MMO players in general seem to have an insane amount of genre blindness. Even if they actually quit one MMO for another, they make the exact same insults towards the hosting company with the same threats, catch phrases, and general BS when that company falls off the horse.

Like no other company has ever had these problems.

Right.

I've played enough MMOs (and kept my eyes open) to see that no matter what MMO you play, the company is eventually going to drop the ball. No matter what. As long as it isn't a catastrophic ball drop like, say, having billing information leaked and taken up by identity thieves or something that irrecoverably ruins the game, they shouldn't concern you enough to go "OMG (COMPANY) YOU JUST LOST TEN BUCKS IMA TAKIN MY HARD EARNED MONEY TO THE NEXT MMO AND DO THE SAME THING TO THEM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1111~!!!11"

If you play MMOs with that kind of mindset, you're just going to keep hurting yourself. Play an MMO because you like the gameplay or the theme. Wake up, realize bungles aren't a rare and unique event that is the tell-tale sign that this game/company is beneath your wallet, and pick your poison. Or, if you're so continually upset by things like this, quit playing MMOs entirely and find something else to do.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: F-Gattaca on 2008-04-22 10:24 ]</font>

gratefulgriz
Apr 22, 2008, 12:27 PM
no ST has a history of promising and not delivering, their web page and support levels are a joke. The whole amount of ST effort is minimal for the fan based. Your an idiot if you don't think that to some degree you are being cheated. I dont care about other MMOS i am talking about ST and PSU and the history of deceit that has progressed

Fresh
Apr 22, 2008, 12:28 PM
we shouldn't have any PA changes we, we shouldn't of had the exp lowered to get to level 100 faster it should stay how hard it was to level. All of us who were around at release had to work hard and it seemed to make the game alot better because you actually have to work, does anyone not see that?? Am I the only one that will see people that are level 100+ with terrible PA's and tons of broken weapons after they do this its going to be level 100+ running around with good PA's maybe some good weapons but all broken to the point no one wants them and they have no idea what they are doing in runs because they leveled up to 100 in 3 or 4 days and didnt learn anything about the game.

Sekani
Apr 22, 2008, 12:34 PM
Sorry F-Gattaca, but you're deaf and dumb if by now you still think that Sonic Team/Sega have not done any worse than the vast majority of MMO game companies. Either that or you're just really comfortable taking it up the ass on a regular basis. To each his own.

I mean, I would consider the rampant hacking on PC/PS2, the routine crashing of PlaySega, and the console-destroying slowdown on Xbox360 to be among several game-breaking issues far beyond the scope of the usual Priest-sucks-in-PvP stuff, but what do I know.

gratefulgriz
Apr 22, 2008, 12:37 PM
Yea, Sonic Team has done far worse. Good point Sekani. Too bad I love PSU community and its characters. I really wish the relationship between Sonic Team and us gamers was different. I mean they should work for us not against us, that's the ideology that Bungie has had.

F-Gattaca
Apr 22, 2008, 12:48 PM
Yeah, like I haven't heard these kinds of posts in every other MMO community I've seen. (http://www.adultimum.net/rw/321.htm)

Yet, despite having seen threads like this in every MMO community, just with different topics and different faces ... I'm apparently tbe one who's deaf, dumb, and like taking it up the butt.

I'm apparently the idiot, even though I've seen problems as rough as what PSU has had on other MMOs. Yes, I have actually seen other MMOs go through a period of extremely bad hacking and griefing before the company could get a lid on the issue--and in one case, the MMO's servers had to be rollbacked up to three times in the course of a week as part of the damage control.

I've seen then have to delay updates or cancel planned features.

I've seen their billing and authentication servers crash.

These things happen. It's not some unique failure of Sonic Team or Sega of America.

... No, apparently, I don't know what I'm talking about and like taking it up the butt. Yes, Sekani just owns me with his "good points" that "ST is far worse" even though they just suffer from all-too-common problems. I like how gratefugriz feels he's qualified to praise Sekani on those points even though he said he doesn't care what happens in other MMOs. That practically says to me "ST has done far worse than any other game company even though I know nothing about what's happened on other MMOs!"

I guess that's easier to comprehend than the idea that running MMOs is like trying to herd cats.

---

On 2008-04-22 10:27, gratefulgriz wrote:
no ST has a history of promising and not delivering, their web page and support levels are a joke. The whole amount of ST effort is minimal for the fan based. Your an idiot if you don't think that to some degree you are being cheated. I dont care about other MMOS i am talking about ST and PSU and the history of deceit that has progressed

On 2008-04-22 10:34, Sekani wrote:
Sorry F-Gattaca, but you're deaf and dumb if by now you still think that Sonic Team/Sega have not done any worse than the vast majority of MMO game companies. Either that or you're just really comfortable taking it up the ass on a regular basis. To each his own.

I mean, I would consider the rampant hacking on PC/PS2, the routine crashing of PlaySega, and the console-destroying slowdown on Xbox360 to be among several game-breaking issues far beyond the scope of the usual Priest-sucks-in-PvP stuff, but what do I know.

On 2008-04-22 10:37, gratefulgriz wrote:
Yea, Sonic Team has done far worse. Good point Sekani. Too bad I love PSU community and its characters. I really wish the relationship between Sonic Team and us gamers was different. I mean they should work for us not against us, that's the ideology that Bungie has had.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: F-Gattaca on 2008-04-22 10:58 ]</font>

gratefulgriz
Apr 22, 2008, 12:53 PM
Of course these things happen. and for that, we have a reason to demand for them not to happen. It doesn't excuse the level of treatment that ST has given the PSU community, especially to the degree that their customer support exists. The fact of the matter is we pay money for a finished product, not unfulfilled promises and total disregard of player input.

Sekani
Apr 22, 2008, 12:54 PM
So you link me to an old comic strip filled with juvenile Priest-sucks-in-PvP level rants as though that's supposed to make some kind of point... OK.

What you don't seem to be understanding is that the magnitude of the mistakes here are far greater than in any other game th--

Forget it. Brick wall, shutting up.

Mewnie
Apr 22, 2008, 12:56 PM
On 2008-04-22 10:28, Fresh wrote:
we shouldn't have any PA changes we, we shouldn't of had the exp lowered to get to level 100 faster it should stay how hard it was to level. All of us who were around at release had to work hard and it seemed to make the game alot better because you actually have to work, does anyone not see that?? Am I the only one that will see people that are level 100+ with terrible PA's and tons of broken weapons after they do this its going to be level 100+ running around with good PA's maybe some good weapons but all broken to the point no one wants them and they have no idea what they are doing in runs because they leveled up to 100 in 3 or 4 days and didnt learn anything about the game.

I've been around since the beginning. But I have this thing called real life, that entails work, school and other responsibilities. I didn't want to spend all my time grinding ridiculous hours just to level my PAs so I could keep up with the poopsockers.

Fuck you man, fuck you.

McLaughlin
Apr 22, 2008, 01:00 PM
On 2008-04-22 10:48, F-Gattaca wrote:
Yeah, like I haven't heard these kinds of posts in every other MMO community I've seen. (http://www.adultimum.net/rw/321.htm)

And despite having seen threads like this in every MMO community, just with different topics and different faces, I'm apparently tbe one who's deaf, dumb, and like taking it up the butt.

Even though I've seen problems as rough as what PSU has had on other MMOs. Yes, I have actually seen other MMOs go through a period of extremely bad hacking before the company could get a lid on the issue and had to be rollbacked up to three times in the course of a week as part of the damage control.

I've seen then have to delay updates or cancel planned features.

I've seen their billing and authentication servers crash.

These things happen. It's not some unique failure of Sonic Team or Sega of America.

But ... No, apparently, I don't know what I'm talking about and like taking it up the butt. Yes, Sekani just owns me with his "good points" that "ST is far worse" even though they just suffer from all-too-common problems. I like how gryz feels he's qualified to praise Sekani on those points even though he said he doesn't care what happens in other MMOs. "ST has done far worse than any other game company even though I know nothing about what's happened on other MMOs!" Wonderful logic, there.

I guess that's easier to comprehend than the idea that running MMOs is like trying to herd cats.

---

On 2008-04-22 10:27, gratefulgriz wrote:

On 2008-04-22 10:34, Sekani wrote:

On 2008-04-22 10:37, gratefulgriz wrote:

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: F-Gattaca on 2008-04-22 10:54 ]</font>

The difference here being that they're all happening to the same game.

panzer_unit
Apr 22, 2008, 01:05 PM
On 2008-04-22 10:56, Mewnie wrote:
I've been around since the beginning. But I have this thing called real life, that entails work, school and other responsibilities. I didn't want to spend all my time grinding ridiculous hours just to level my PAs so I could keep up with the poopsockers.

Fuck you man, fuck you.

Hey us poopsockers have real lives too... horrible real lives that we're hiding from for a couple hours at a time.

Mewnie
Apr 22, 2008, 01:10 PM
Aw, but Panz, you're a cool socker ;3

F-Gattaca
Apr 22, 2008, 01:10 PM
On 2008-04-22 10:53, gratefulgriz wrote:
Of course these things happen. and for that, we have a reason to demand for them not to happen. It doesn't excuse the level of treatment that ST has given the PSU community, especially to the degree that their customer support exists. The fact of the matter is we pay money for a finished product, not unfulfilled promises and total disregard of player input.

And this differs from other MMOs how? Have you ever heard the cynical quips people have made about MMOs in general?

You mentioned Bungie before--I don't think Bungie has yet to attempt an MMO. Trust me, running an MMO is a whole different ballgame compared to running an online network to support Halo.

On 2008-04-22 10:54, Sekani wrote:
What you don't seem to be understanding is that the magnitude of the mistakes here are far greater than in any other game th--

Forget it. Brick wall, shutting up.

Yeah, thanks for admitting you're the brick wall. Thanks for focusing entirely on the comic and not what I said after the fact, too. The comic itself has more relevance to the reactions in this thread/EpisoKaos' April 25th update thread than your tirades, but it is still relevant for that purpose.

You repeatedly insist that Sonic Team/Sega of America have comitted crimes against the user base that no other MMO has ever done.

I'm telling you it's more common than you think. You don't want to hear it, though. Brick wall indeed.

On 2008-04-22 11:00, Obsidian_Knight wrote:

The difference here being that they're all happening to the same game.

No seriously, I've seen these kinds of things all happen to the same game, too.

Hacking and server crashes especially. In my experience it's not uncommon for player sites to have "server status" widgets that monitor the health of everything from authentication to map servers, so that they can avoid getting their character trapped in a downed or laggy one.

Fuck you man, fuck you.

Unf.

What do you consider "keeping up with the poopsockers" though? Even in these days of 40/50 PA caps I still consider 21+ adequate. About the only thing I could agree with you on concerning the matter of PA leveling is buff techs, but when it comes to everything else, you don't NEED to grind hours away just to level them.

I've been able to comfortably fit much of my PA leveling into other pursuits on PSU and do just fine.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: F-Gattaca on 2008-04-22 11:15 ]</font>

gratefulgriz
Apr 22, 2008, 01:12 PM
i meant blizzard, sorry.

Cracka_J
Apr 22, 2008, 01:13 PM
Gattaca, you have a valid point, however my problem isn't that sega is making mistakes...hell like you said, there's problems with any game...nothing perfect.

My problem is that they are continuing to make the EXACT SAME MISTAKES by basically spreading rumors (unfulfilled promises), several times over and over. There's only so much of this an average player can take before it's like "wtf is going on here". You would think they'd learn from previous mistakes but it appears they are hell bent on repeating them.

gratefulgriz
Apr 22, 2008, 01:15 PM
and it doesn't matter if its common with other mmos its still a crime against our gaming population at PSU. I dont care about what other MMOS go for, its a fact that ST has constantly disregarded the paying community by not providing updates and utilizing player input to better enhance the game. When they make mistakes there is nothing checking them and holding them responsible. Thats what MMOS need is a way to hold companies responsible for their errors and lack of commitment to their paying customers

panzer_unit
Apr 22, 2008, 01:17 PM
On 2008-04-22 11:10, Mewnie wrote:
Aw, but Panz, you're a cool socker ;3

Is the 25th a MOAR MEWNIE update? I know some people who'd be happy to hear that. Otherwise I'm writing an angry letter to ST unless I spill scotch all over it again.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: panzer_unit on 2008-04-22 11:18 ]</font>

AlMcFly
Apr 22, 2008, 01:19 PM
Haha, this is a fun flame fest! I used to post all these rants about how Sega is horrible and sucks the big one when it comes to support and content. Then I came to the realization that:

1. I am not an expert nor know how to rectify said situations.

2. These programmers are humans. They are not these perfect robots who have a 0.01% room for error. Humans by nature are lazy. You are lazy. How can you expect more of one person than another when, more often than not, the programmers were and are gamers just like you.

Do you know how to technically fix every one of these problems? If you do, tell the programmers or go to work for Sega. Until than, shut your faces you ignorant whiners.

(I will still continue to rant on lame game mechanics and unintelligent people ;P!)

gratefulgriz
Apr 22, 2008, 01:22 PM
nobody is whining, its just a simple matter of economics, we pay monthly for a product that they simply fail to deliver. That's all. Plus they keep making the same mistakes and alienating the community. Its not a matter about them being human, its a matter of business and at that ST certainly needs to be held responsible.

F-Gattaca
Apr 22, 2008, 01:26 PM
On 2008-04-22 11:13, Cracka_J wrote:
Gattaca, you have a valid point, however my problem isn't that sega is making mistakes...hell like you said, there's problems with any game...nothing perfect.

Thanks--at least you're getting it.

On 2008-04-22 11:13, Cracka_J wrote:
My problem is that they are continuing to make the EXACT SAME MISTAKES by basically spreading rumors (unfulfilled promises), several times over and over. There's only so much of this an average player can take before it's like "wtf is going on here". You would think they'd learn from previous mistakes but it appears they are hell bent on repeating them.

Oh, I understand the situation. It is dissapointing and frustrating when it does happen--I'm not denying that. Yet even with the complaint you have, other companies and MMOs aren't immune to it. Bad business decisions, bad luck in the dev department, it can lead to repeated renged promises with updates. That's why I wish players had more perspective on the situation--they can't run from it by taking their money to some other MMO, they're only going to get upset again.

Hell, if we're going to talk about MMOs that have renged on promised updates, I can think of a few non-Sega examples right off the bat.

Ragnarok Online's mercenary system, for example. I can't even count the amount of times Gravity KR announced they were going to release it soon, then delay it. This also happened with the homunculus system, I believe.

And the mercenary system was one of their planned updates from 2002 when they gave players a sneak peek at their roadmap for updates within the coming year. It only resurfaced as an announced update a few years ago--and was delayed constantly. Of course, the original announcement in 2002 came from the time before they almost suffered bankruptcy from the hacking attack that hit them after kRO went pay to play ...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: F-Gattaca on 2008-04-22 11:27 ]</font>

gratefulgriz
Apr 22, 2008, 01:27 PM
well, someone should hold these companies accountable because we pay for these services

AlMcFly
Apr 22, 2008, 01:36 PM
On 2008-04-22 11:22, gratefulgriz wrote:
nobody is whining, its just a simple matter of economics, we pay monthly for a product that they simply fail to deliver. That's all. Plus they keep making the same mistakes and alienating the community. Its not a matter about them being human, its a matter of business and at that ST certainly needs to be held responsible.

If you have ANY sort of good understanding of economics, you will know that ALL products fail in one way or another.

1. Cars recall parts all the time. FAIL!

2. Computers have major hardware problems not seen by the testers and get released. FAIL!

3. Governments go back on their words and treaties get broken daily. FAIL!

4. Organisms go extinct and we wring the planet dry of all it's natural resources without any idea how we are going to go about replenishing them. FAIL!

5. Toys from China have too much iron in them poisoning babies. FAIL!

6. Public schools filter children through without preparing them adequately for life or ACTUAL learning they encounter in college. FAIL!

7. Hackers are rampant on the internet. FAIL!

8. Media is poisoning our minds making us less and less moral every day we are alive. FAIL!

9. There are thousands of cancer strains that are completely incurable and our best microbiologists have no idea where to begin looking for a remedy. FAIL!

10. Billions of humans go without food everyday and poverty is rampant. FAIL!

The principles of business and economics was created by humans. Humans will always be flawed. Thus, it is logical to state that business and economics will always be flawed. History has shown that we have been repeating the same mistakes for thousands of years. It is also human nature to point fingers of blame when something isn't favorable.

Way to give into human nature since you SO MUCH want to strive to become something that is not human. To expect unrelenting excellence from another human is a completely useless venture.

Andy1423
Apr 22, 2008, 01:36 PM
Quote:On 2008-04-22 10:28, Fresh wrote:

.................................................. ..

Okay well first of all I understand what Fresh is talking about, BUT I don't think the answer is making it hard to lvl 130. If we assume that 130-140 is the highest we're going to get, then maybe the level acceleration is too much. But I doubt it. The answer is not in making it so that casual players have nothing to do but grind silly missions for exp and get nowhere. I have a busy life too, but I still enjoy seeing a character with AWESOME equipment that I'll never have. It gives me no other goal to achieve, otherwise.

However, the current PSU IS slacking. There needs to be more stuff for the hardcore players to do, and giving causal players something to awe at, and they'll eventually get there. It's getting better, but slowly. We all just wish that this game would mature overnight, but it won't. MAG is a great start, but if in 2 years from now it’s the same thing, then you could say that SEGA defiantly dropped the ball. Right now, none of us should be able to say that SEGA has totally ruined things. It really sucks that we have to be patient, but when all comes down to it we have no choice.

Cracka_J
Apr 22, 2008, 01:45 PM
On 2008-04-22 11:26, F-Gattaca wrote:
That's why I wish players had more perspective on the situation--they can't run from it by taking their money to some other MMO, they're only going to get upset again.

I realize that. I'm still debating what I'm going to do...I have a lot of time invested in this game, and a decent group of friends. But my decision will be solely based on psu. I dont intend on leaving for another game, actually I don't intend on playing any mmo again after this experience. It's an overall problem that does and will happen in any mmo you play, and like you said the only real way to stop it is by not giving your money to any mmo developer. If I do decide to leave, that money will be staying in my pocket.

gratefulgriz
Apr 22, 2008, 01:45 PM
and it doesnt matter if we are whining we are on page 14 on this message board your definitely right McFLY, but there are levels of responsibility that are fairly absent between the ST and PSU gamers. Because we do spend money on said product we should have a return. I know that its never perfect and I am not asking for perfect, all i am asking is for ST to begin to work to eliminate the history of said "failed" relations between customers and ST. Overall, there are many improvements that PSU needs that could be implemented but ST seems to have very little interest in what players have to say or how the overall PSU experience is going. Too many mistakes and the future of Ragol (or whatever)

gratefulgriz
Apr 22, 2008, 01:47 PM
i too dont desire to leave PSU. The same things happened with PSO though, waiting for PSU to mature = never going to happen

Yuneiko
Apr 22, 2008, 01:55 PM
All's i'll say is...If you don't like the game, then leave. Play a game you like, and if you don't like it, just don't play it. It's not that hard, noone's forcing you to play it. Either accept it as it is or learn japanese and influence the japanese populace to complain about things to change. Everyone knows that the ones who can truely influence the game are on the JP servers.

Edit: Whoops, forgot my bawwwwww
http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b126/Destinedtai/bawwwww.jpg

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Yuneiko on 2008-04-22 11:56 ]</font>

gratefulgriz
Apr 22, 2008, 01:58 PM
why would you just accept something as is? im no longer hopeful or respectful of ST, but that doesn't mean i should stop playing.

SonicTMP
Apr 22, 2008, 01:59 PM
On 2008-04-22 11:19, McFlyVII wrote:
the programmers were and are gamers just like you.

Think about that part. If they really are gamers just like us then why would they delay something which helps us as gamers? BEcause as gamers they enjoy a long funless grind?

Do you know how to technically fix every one of these problems? If you do, tell the programmers or go to work for Sega.

It can't be that hard condicering they are putting in the AFK leveling nerf with this patch. Which came out in japan at their last update a couple weeks ago?

Odd how something so technically confusing as switching a few numbers is mindblowing but removing resta or switching mob AI is so easy a caveman could do it.

Sekani
Apr 22, 2008, 02:02 PM
On 2008-04-22 11:10, F-Gattaca wrote:

I'm telling you it's more common than you think. You don't want to hear it, though. Brick wall indeed.

To put it very simply, I do not agree with this. No big deal. But assuming you're correct, I still take objection to you using this commonality as an excuse to claim that we as players have no right to be upset with the latest chapter in this saga of failure.

gratefulgriz
Apr 22, 2008, 02:05 PM
nice Sonic. I know these rants aren't doing much for helping out the community but the fact of the matter is that the level of work ST puts into providing PSU gamers with what they actually desire has been historically minimal and all the while we have been paying them. The programmers were and are gamers just like me *but* OH THEY just happen to get paid for it!! Sounds like a job to me, how about they actually start doing their job and make PSU a great MMO that people will actually want to join! Is it true that ST asked current gamers to advertise for them??????

Yuneiko
Apr 22, 2008, 02:08 PM
No, it was the work of a guy who got promoted to mod on the forums who is attempting to get more attention to the game. If the game gets more attention, maybe the higher ups in SEGA will see that hte game might actually garner a profit and thus spend more on making the game into QUALITY.

Fresh
Apr 22, 2008, 02:09 PM

On 2008-04-22 10:28, Fresh wrote:

Fuck you man, fuck you.

LMAO I didn't know being 21 with a wife, getting through college and having a full time job was no life, I guess I don't have one because I play psu right? It was alot better when it took time to level and to level PA's, if you really played around when the game released you would understand what I mean. I guess it's better to just get to the cap and complain that ST is too slow with updates, how about they just release everything and shut the servers down in 5 months that sounds great right or would that not be enough for you either. Oh and by the way what is a poopsocker?? or did you mean poopsucker?? I don't know what either of those are maybe you could explain kid.

ACEAILANT
Apr 22, 2008, 02:10 PM
Y'all just got Team AWESOMED!!

gratefulgriz
Apr 22, 2008, 02:13 PM
thanks Yuneiko. So to clarify ST DID NOT ask its customers to advertise for PSU

Yuneiko
Apr 22, 2008, 02:17 PM
Nope, they did not. It was the work of a newly appointed moderator on the official forums, NOT ST themselves. By all means though, I believe the company should at least TRY to advertise the game stateside. Japan's got a few quirky and hilarious(ly bad) ads for the game. I also hate that we were lied to, but I decided to pay my money and if this is what I get, i'll make the best of it. I REALLY wanted the guntecher update, so I could go back to the class and not feel like a gimped ranger who can't do anything vs bosses (Even the original ranger can do SOMETHING vs bosses, with a koltova gun). So, instead, I'll be returning to protranser once MAG hits, and see how the fun goes from there, see what friends wanna do.

gratefulgriz
Apr 22, 2008, 02:22 PM
=) have fun with MAG and good luck with PSU!!!

AlMcFly
Apr 22, 2008, 02:32 PM
On 2008-04-22 11:59, SonicTMP wrote:

On 2008-04-22 11:19, McFlyVII wrote:
the programmers were and are gamers just like you.

Think about that part. If they really are gamers just like us then why would they delay something which helps us as gamers? BEcause as gamers they enjoy a long funless grind?

On 2008-04-22 12:05, gratefulgriz wrote:
nice Sonic. I know these rants aren't doing much for helping out the community but the fact of the matter is that the level of work ST puts into providing PSU gamers with what they actually desire has been historically minimal and all the while we have been paying them. The programmers were and are gamers just like me *but* OH THEY just happen to get paid for it!! Sounds like a job to me, how about they actually start doing their job and make PSU a great MMO that people will actually want to join! Is it true that ST asked current gamers to advertise for them??????

This argument may have clout if we assume the only game these programmers play is PSU. I never said they play PSU. I just said that they are more than likely gamers.

I monitor foreclosures for a living. 40 hours a week. Do I want to go home and look at more foreclosures? HELL FREAKIN NO! These programmers look at PSU code all day. I doubt the first thing they want to do is play PSU when they get home. I doubt ANY of them play other than in certain GM related events.

They would probably want the same things as us IF they played the same game. How would they know what we want in the game other than what their bosses tell them to fix. I don't think the programmers read anything on this forum. I think it may be a team of guys that reads, then decides what they want to implement, then hands it down to the programmers.

GosamerWings
Apr 22, 2008, 02:41 PM
Kinda sucks I got a large band of people in my gsp classes hyped up for this update, and now they will be pissed and not even bother regging, ah well whatever, this is why I'm playing BB instead of psu, and will continue to do so. I figure if I wait 6 months play for two I'll enjoy this game. Wish another company would buy sega out so this wondrous game would get some true support. Anyone feel like calling up gravity, I feel even they could do better, Sega has been failing since the start at this online thing.

P.S. I find it laughable that instead of advertising their damn game, they tell us to go vote more and rate their game higher to get more people interested.

hotncute69
Apr 22, 2008, 02:54 PM
YAH ILL GIVE MY THOUGHTS ON PSU
YOU PEOPLE NEED TO LOOK AT THE PEOPLE THAT ARE SELLING NUDE DIRTY NASTY ASS PICS OVER ON THE PSU SERVERS WHEN U GO ON LINE
I KNOW I HAVE SEEN EM
THATS JUST GROSS
YOU THINK I WANNA SEE DAT? NOT!!. IM PRETTY SURE ALL THESE KIDS WHO ARE 10,11,12,13 AND 14 WANNA SEE IT? NOT
I KNOW I DONT.
I MEAN THE GAME IS MEANT TO BE PLAYED NOT TO WHERE PEOPLE SELL DAMN NUDE AND NASTY ASS PICS OF OTHER PEOPLE
I MEAN COME ON PEOPLE
THATS JUST FREAKIN SICK
U WANNA DISPLAY AND SHOW OFF NUDE PICS
THERE ARE FREAKIN WEBSITES FO DAT KINDA CRAP!!
IF SEGA IS SEEING THIS POSTER GOOD B/C I HOPE FO ALL U PEOPLE GET IN TROUBLE FO DOIN IT
I MEAN THATS JUST WRONG FO THOSE OF U THAT SHOW AND SELL NUDE AND NASTY ASS PICS OVER THE PSU SERVERS ON XBX LIVE. LIKE I SAID YOU WANNA DO DAT KINDA CRAP GO TO THE DANG ADULT WEBSITES FOR IT NOT ON XBX LIVE OR ON THE PSU SERVERS
I REALLY DO HOPE SEGA SEES WHAT YOU PEOPLE ARE DOIN
BUT AS FAR AS PSO GOES HELP STOP THEM FROM SHUTTIN DOWN THE PSO SERVERS B/C WE THE PEOPLE WHO PLAY PSO OVER ON XBX LIVE NEED EM BUT I REALLY DO HOPE THAT SEGA TAKES A LOOK AT WHAT PEOPLE ARE DOIN OVER ON THE PSU SERVERS FOR WHAT U ARE DOIN IS WRONG AND ITS NASTY AND GROSS TOO

Mewnie
Apr 22, 2008, 02:58 PM
On 2008-04-22 12:09, Fresh wrote:
LMAO I didn't know being 21 with a wife, getting through college and having a full time job was no life, I guess I don't have one because I play psu right? It was alot better when it took time to level and to level PA's, if you really played around when the game released you would understand what I mean. I guess it's better to just get to the cap and complain that ST is too slow with updates, how about they just release everything and shut the servers down in 5 months that sounds great right or would that not be enough for you either. Oh and by the way what is a poopsocker?? or did you mean poopsucker?? I don't know what either of those are maybe you could explain kid.

I understand what you mean, and I still think you're an idiot and wrong.

But I guess some people like making things tediously hard to achieve, rather than concentrate on what's important, killing shit and having fun.

Oh, and kid? Watch your mouth around your elders, son ;3

GuardianElite
Apr 22, 2008, 03:00 PM
On 2008-04-22 12:54, hotncute69 wrote:
blah blah blah
use complete sentences.

AlMcFly
Apr 22, 2008, 03:01 PM

STUFF IN CAPS ABOUT NUDE STUFF ON XBOX...

So this happens on the X-BOX? I would assume this would be an X-BOX Live/Microsoft issue and out of the hands of Sega. Also, I never knew this kind of stuff happened (On PC) and it will be a defining reason why, if I ever have kids, that I won't let their consoles get online support. Lol, in fact, I'm one of those people that will have the family PC in the living BECAUSE I know what I used to get into on the internet ;P.

Edit: Also, does anybody else see the irony of this guy complaining about p*rn when his name is hotncute69?!?!?!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: McFlyVII on 2008-04-22 13:02 ]</font>

LLSmoothJ
Apr 22, 2008, 03:01 PM
YAH ILL GIVE MY THOUGHTS ON PSU
YOU PEOPLE NEED TO LOOK AT THE PEOPLE THAT ARE SELLING NUDE DIRTY NASTY ASS PICS OVER ON THE PSU SERVERS WHEN U GO ON LINE
I KNOW I HAVE SEEN EM
THATS JUST GROSS
YOU THINK I WANNA SEE DAT? NOT!!. IM PRETTY SURE ALL THESE KIDS WHO ARE 10,11,12,13 AND 14 WANNA SEE IT? NOT
I KNOW I DONT.
I MEAN THE GAME IS MEANT TO BE PLAYED NOT TO WHERE PEOPLE SELL DAMN NUDE AND NASTY ASS PICS OF OTHER PEOPLE
I MEAN COME ON PEOPLE
THATS JUST FREAKIN SICK
U WANNA DISPLAY AND SHOW OFF NUDE PICS
THERE ARE FREAKIN WEBSITES FO DAT KINDA CRAP!!
IF SEGA IS SEEING THIS POSTER GOOD B/C I HOPE FO ALL U PEOPLE GET IN TROUBLE FO DOIN IT
I MEAN THATS JUST WRONG FO THOSE OF U THAT SHOW AND SELL NUDE AND NASTY ASS PICS OVER THE PSU SERVERS ON XBX LIVE. LIKE I SAID YOU WANNA DO DAT KINDA CRAP GO TO THE DANG ADULT WEBSITES FOR IT NOT ON XBX LIVE OR ON THE PSU SERVERS
I REALLY DO HOPE SEGA SEES WHAT YOU PEOPLE ARE DOIN
BUT AS FAR AS PSO GOES HELP STOP THEM FROM SHUTTIN DOWN THE PSO SERVERS B/C WE THE PEOPLE WHO PLAY PSO OVER ON XBX LIVE NEED EM BUT I REALLY DO HOPE THAT SEGA TAKES A LOOK AT WHAT PEOPLE ARE DOIN OVER ON THE PSU SERVERS FOR WHAT U ARE DOIN IS WRONG AND ITS NASTY AND GROSS TOO

Question: Do you just play the demo version? If so, then I could see this happening. Otherwise, this is news to me.

And just to actually contribute to the conversation, I know a few people who'll be disappointed that the PA EXP update has been delayed again, and I'm a bit downed about that, but I can manage. It just means I can just focus on getting my main to the cap and all my alts to at least 100 during the event, as well as getting all the stuff I want.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: LLSmoothJ on 2008-04-22 13:05 ]</font>

Mewnie
Apr 22, 2008, 03:03 PM
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y46/MagpieMouse/uhrrr.gif

MY EYES! http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y46/MagpieMouse/MewnPSU/lagann.gif

SonicTMP
Apr 22, 2008, 03:08 PM
On 2008-04-22 12:32, McFlyVII wrote:

This argument may have clout if we assume the only game these programmers play is PSU. I never said they play PSU. I just said that they are more than likely gamers.

I monitor foreclosures for a living. 40 hours a week. Do I want to go home and look at more foreclosures? HELL FREAKIN NO! These programmers look at PSU code all day. I doubt the first thing they want to do is play PSU when they get home. I doubt ANY of them play other than in certain GM related events.

You're thinking too hard. No one really cares IF they play PSU or not. We're using the argument that they are also gamers. As gamers, working on staff for the game, it be logical to think they rather improve it than make the playerbase suffer.

Also seeing as most of the programing has been done in japan they aren't doing much than punching in numbers and translating stuff.

The best proof I an offer is the AFK leveling fix/nerf. Any sort of technical argument is dead when the the fact remains we get the AFK leveling nerf not 2 months after japan got it but only a week or so after they got it. And yet the overdue PA reblance gets pushed back?

They would probably want the same things as us IF they played the same game. How would they know what we want in the game other than what their bosses tell them to fix. I don't think the programmers read anything on this forum. I think it may be a team of guys that reads, then decides what they want to implement, then hands it down to the programmers.

I will agree it's more likely that the forums mods just relay info but it's not like the US programers are doing much. Espcially since they have a 2 month lead on any updates the US gets. They know what's comming way ahead of time. Since it's logcial (i know logic = EVIL!) that we follow japans update schedule 2 months behind they don't exactlly need to go to a psychic to know what we SHOULD be getting.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: SonicTMP on 2008-04-22 13:09 ]</font>

Katrina
Apr 22, 2008, 03:15 PM
There's been a few new posters babbling nonsense. One spamming about Team something or other, and the person whose name ironically contradicts his entire post. Me thinks it's people trying for attention.

Johan
Apr 22, 2008, 03:19 PM
Just for what it's worth: I talked to Clumsy on the official boards, and he said the reason why the AFK leveling update is timed now still is due to Microsoft's restrictions on title updates (which it requires) and needing to maintain parity between the 360 and PC versions as much as possible.

Mewnie
Apr 22, 2008, 03:21 PM
On 2008-04-22 13:19, Johan wrote:
Just for what it's worth: I talked to Clumsy on the official boards, and he said the reason why the AFK leveling update is timed now still is due to Microsoft's restrictions on title updates (which it requires) and needing to maintain parity between the 360 and PC versions as much as possible.

Goddamn 360! *shakes fist*

oh, and http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y46/MagpieMouse/MewnPSU/emot-awesome.gif, for what it's worth.

Kerry157
Apr 22, 2008, 03:23 PM
Remember folks, have your pets spayed or neutered.

Golto
Apr 22, 2008, 03:37 PM
On 2008-04-22 13:19, Johan wrote:

They didn't care about parity between 360 and pc/ps2 when pc/ps2 got white day almost 5 days late did they?

RemiusTA
Apr 22, 2008, 03:39 PM
Anyone with a brain and deductive reasoning could tell you that all of our update delays are because of the fucking 360 version.

Someone needs to petition us to either merge the servers or fucking separate them completely. I'm tired of us suffering because Microsoft takes forever to validate their bullshit.

Edit: White Day was a lobby change, the PA balances are engine-changing alterations.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: RemiusTA on 2008-04-22 13:40 ]</font>

RegulusHikari
Apr 22, 2008, 03:45 PM
Decided to drop by the PSU community and saw this. I felt compelled to say something. Here's a quick recap of my (and probably many other's) PSU experiences. Just thought I should put it all into perspective for you Sega fanboys.

I loved PSO for two years and when I heard PSU was going to be released on PC, I was ecstatic. My friends and I played our brains out on PSO, staying up all night to beat that next boss or hunt that new weapon. Now I had the opportunity to get online, use all these new weapon and PA features, and fully customize my character? Sign me up!

Finally, PSU came, something new, but somewhat lackluster. Okay, I've got the hang of this game... so where are our updates, y'know there's not much to do. OH! Sweet, a new planet! Wait, but why are people running around with Psycho Wands? Okay, 2 months to patch hacks, now the fanbase is halved, my friends have quit, but this is still kinda fun, I'll hang around. Firebreak? Sounds cool! Famitsu? Can't wait! Okay, let me rephrase that, can't wait longer than three months. An expansion? New weapons and a new planet? Oh, just another HIVE, but that's still neat. My friends are back and we're ready to do some- what? A rollback? Okay, just a mistake, I'm sure ST can fix it quickly. What's this about a machine gun glitch? No matter, I'm going back to White Beast. Another rollback? Okay, ST really should do something about this. Hey Jose let's go find that Agito! What? The billing site is down and you can't log on? I'm sure ST will fix it... or they can do another rollback. Max Attack? The reincarnation of PSO? In my PSU? Too good to be true. And in March!? Oh, but by March you mean late April. And I can't have my PA rebalance? What about- oh, no AFK leveling, well I still have my Chikki- nope that's nerfed too. Well, ST, have fun with your half-ass wanna be PSO clone, I'll be sitting here with my wavebird in one hand and a cool glass of soda in the other, back to hunting my Syncesta.

Phew, it's been a long 16 months, hasn't it? Hard to believe that us hardcore, dedicated, niche fans who have stuck by Phantasy Star through and through have been shit on by Sega so much and yet we still come back for more. I love Phantasy Star Universe, Sega, but I don't like it when you rip $10 out of my hand, slap me across the face, tell me to wait, and send me to bed without dinner. Just remember, you get paid to upkeep this half-ass game of TRULY DEDICATED PLAYERS, not to rehash another game for that angsty teenage hedgehog you love to idolize day and night.

TL;DR VERSION: PSU is great, ST is shit, and I suggest taking a moment to decide whether you want to encourage and support Sonic Team with your money.

I quit PSU because ST, quite frankly, disgusts the shit out of me. And I don't give a damn about your optimism or your fanboyism, you can retaliate, but don't argue with me when I was the one who paid out the ass for a Phantasy Star experience that was in development for years, and got a nice handshake and a kick in the groin for it. That is all.

Thank you Sonic Team for Phantasy Star Universe, but thanks most of all for teaching me that MMOs are a terrible addiction and to run away from anything with a Sega tag like it's SARS.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: RegulusHikari on 2008-04-22 13:52 ]</font>

Golto
Apr 22, 2008, 03:49 PM
Yes but white day had jaggo amures which dropped the best laser cannon board we will see for a very long time (JPN has not gotten anything equal or better yet). So pc/ps2 got gyped out of almost half of the hunting time for this limited weapon board. But lo and behold you can't dare to give something decent to pc/ps2 just because of stupid 360 delays.
This double standard goes back to the 1+ month delay of the first ult PAs we had, all because of 360 problems.

Nirvash7
Apr 22, 2008, 03:52 PM
I've wanted 2 things from this game:

-V.1 drop rates (check)
-Bullet adjustments (...?)

I'm thinking about cancelling my PSU subscription until Sega can get its shit straight. Every day on this game it's the same old shit; everyone at White Beast and the other 1% either hunting for PA frags, in buff parties, or at Egg Thieves. Sometimes half that 1% are looking for FOI, but that's a rarity.

I just want the ability to solo missions fast by myself, and with this PA adjustment a ray of hope entered the void. Well that ray of hope just got that much smaller and so did my interest in the game.

I think it's about time to enter another PSU hibernation period again. >:(

FireHero
Apr 22, 2008, 03:55 PM
I really don't like what has happen with this. the thing that gets me the most is there still nurfing the slicer skill witch yea I get but without the extra exp to help lvl are gun skills. Its like they have taken away all the power behind ranged weapons!
(personally not to bothered about extra exp for melee skills considering I have 2 sets maxed anyway)

Zarode
Apr 22, 2008, 04:06 PM
On 2008-04-22 13:21, Mewnie wrote:

oh, and http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y46/MagpieMouse/MewnPSU/emot-awesome.gif, for what it's worth.

:iamafag:

http://img88.imageshack.us/img88/2743/emotvra1.gif

I'm not surprised, but that doesn't mean I'm not disappointed.

Kerry157
Apr 22, 2008, 04:18 PM
The word is nerf. Not 'nurf'

DraginHikari
Apr 22, 2008, 04:19 PM
On 2008-04-22 11:27, gratefulgriz wrote:
well, someone should hold these companies accountable because we pay for these services

There's one problem with that, you can't hold a company liable for something like this, mostly due to the ToS agreement you agree to when you play the game. What you are paying for is the right to access the server and the use it. Nothing more, no where does Sega gurantee service or conditions or even state on timely updates.

That's like those guys in Texas who wanted to Sue Microsoft for Xbox Live being down.

Johan
Apr 22, 2008, 06:01 PM
Chikki was bulls*** and the nerf is good for the game.

Kinako78
Apr 22, 2008, 06:09 PM
On 2008-04-22 13:52, Nirvash7 wrote:

-V.1 drop rates (check)

I'm thinking about cancelling my PSU subscription until Sega can get its shit straight. Every day on this game it's the same old shit; everyone at White Beast and the other 1% either hunting for PA frags, in buff parties, or at Egg Thieves. Sometimes half that 1% are looking for FOI, but that's a rarity.

I just want the ability to solo missions fast by myself, and with this PA adjustment a ray of hope entered the void. Well that ray of hope just got that much smaller and so did my interest in the game.

Why does everyone feel the need to do things in this game quickly? What's wrong with just sitting back and enjoying the game?

And I'm part of that 1% that's not doing White Beast and I've been doing none of the things you listed.

Though I do need to level my buffs...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Kinako78 on 2008-04-22 16:09 ]</font>

RemiusTA
Apr 22, 2008, 06:11 PM
On 2008-04-22 13:45, RegulusHikari wrote

I loved PSO for two years and when I heard PSU was going to be released on PC, I was ecstat...

Stopped reading right here. Something tells me its a PSU/PSO/SEGA bitch spree, but i could be wrong!

But the tl;dr version i do agree with. After playing this game, almost any game that looks good that is published by SEGA is a 100% turn-off for me. Sonic Team is not the Sonic Team from 10-15 years ago when it comes to work ethic.

But you cant really blame Sonic Team for this in general, this is the fault of either Sega of America or fucking Microsoft, who anal-fucks the SHIT out of absoultely EVERYTHING unless they are 100% in charge. Anyone who has gone from XP to Vista can tell you that.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: RemiusTA on 2008-04-22 16:15 ]</font>

AlMcFly
Apr 22, 2008, 06:13 PM
On 2008-04-22 16:09, Kinako78 wrote:

On 2008-04-22 13:52, Nirvash7 wrote:

-V.1 drop rates (check)

Why does everyone feel the need to do things in this game quickly? What's wrong with just sitting back and enjoying the game?

And I'm part of that 1% that's not doing White Beast and I've been doing none of the things you listed.

Though I do need to level my buffs...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Kinako78 on 2008-04-22 16:09 ]</font>

I'm with taking my time in most respects. However I have been grinding White Beast lately because I only want to play MAG with one character. That character needed to get to level 80. Only reason I was White Beasting it. ;P

Kinako78
Apr 22, 2008, 06:29 PM
That's another thing. Why does everyone need to be at least level 80?

LeMan_Bayon
Apr 22, 2008, 06:48 PM
Hmmm, I'm always a little skeptical when they do the microsoft card now.

Do you remember back in February when the Winter Event was supposed to end and right then the the V1 drop rates were supposed to increase? At that time they were supposed to be releasing a title update to fix the grinder duping and the machine gun glitch. However, the title update didn't go through on time and this is what they said about getting the V1 drop rate increase and the collectors item mission etc.

We apologize for the inconvenience and disappointment this postponment has caused, but the Title Update was necessary for new content delivery.

Then the next week they announced that the title update STILL did not go through, but they somehow gave us the drop rate increase that week. So the week before they claimed we needed to get the patch to get the content, then the next week we got the content before the patch??? Not sure how much of it is actually microsoft's fault...they may just be a good scapegoat. ;x

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: LeMan_Bayon on 2008-04-22 16:52 ]</font>

SonicTMP
Apr 22, 2008, 07:46 PM
On 2008-04-22 16:29, Kinako78 wrote:
That's another thing. Why does everyone need to be at least level 80?

Becasue S rank MAG requires level 80. C-A ranks aren't going to drop anything the masses wants. All the new/good stuff is S runs. So thus you must be 80 or pretty damn close by the time MAG starts

gratefulgriz
Apr 22, 2008, 07:46 PM
Quote:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Cause, if you haven't heard the majority of complaints are that the game gets a little boring when the planned updates don't come. Thats why we play online if you didn't know, we pay to get new content, that and offline mode is a total joke designed for morons and children.

gratefulgriz
Apr 22, 2008, 07:54 PM
RegulusHikari your right about how horrible Sonic Team is. The delays are pretty much the entire history of PSU, what a dud, dud, dud , disaster! Oh, but they are still making money

Da_Wrecka
Apr 22, 2008, 09:05 PM
On 2008-04-22 11:36, McFlyVII wrote:
Way to give into human nature since you SO MUCH want to strive to become something that is not human. To expect unrelenting excellence from another human is a completely useless venture.

Expecting unrelenting excellence from humans is, I grant you, a fruitless venture. But there's a huge difference between a) expecting unrelenting excellence for nothing, and b) paying your own hard-earned money for halfway-decent but instead receiving absolute incompetence. Guess where Sega's landed.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Da_Wrecka on 2008-04-22 19:08 ]</font>

Uncle_bob
Apr 22, 2008, 09:57 PM
EULA or not, don't repeatedly tell your customers you're going to do something and then suddenly decide not to do it.