PDA

View Full Version : Fortefighter - Worthwhile Skills?

Iredore
Apr 22, 2008, 01:59 AM
Well, I made a thread that was more or less identical to this a few days ago, which pertained to Fortegunners... but, that type is going to have to take the back burner until the PA leveling update rolls around. So now, pretty much the same thing... which skills are worthwhile for each of these weapons?

Everyone has their own opinion of each skill I'm sure, so I'd like to hear which one you favour and why so I can make an informed decision before I shell out PAs to buy a skill or just use one that's meseta bought where it could be better than a PA bought one!

Swords -
Knuckles -
Spears -
Axes -
Twin Sabers -
Twin Claws -
Sabers -
Claws -

If any of these weapons are considered not really useful over another, just state that and why http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif!

Thanks again, and thanks to everyone who replied to my last thread about Fortegunners, it definitely helped me make an informed decision.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Iredore on 2008-04-21 23:59 ]</font>

Dark Emerald EXE
Apr 22, 2008, 02:03 AM
Hmmm seeing that i ony use 5 of the weapons you showed......
Swords - Spinning Break
Knuckles - (forgot the name...i know it has Zubba in it) The one when you do a single punch
Spears - Dus Majarra
Twin Sabers - Cross hurricaine/splendor Crush
Sabers - Rising Strike

Note that these are the PAs i use on my fortefighter
I think my main important PAs are majarra and rising strike

beatrixkiddo
Apr 22, 2008, 07:41 AM
Twin Sabers - Assault Crush (highest single target dps)
Spears - Dus Majarra (mobility, decent dmg)
Knuckles - Bogga Zubba (good damage, can stunlock enemies)

panzer_unit
Apr 22, 2008, 09:03 AM
Swords - get both the shop the PA's for now.
* Tornado Break - solid AOE damage move
* Spinning Break - going to be awesome for killing large monsters once it's got 4 targets on the last two moves.
* Gravity Break - will be great with Fighmaster's speed boost, but I'd vote for other PA's in the short term.

Knuckles
* Bogga Danga - does a bit of everything, you'll love it or hate it
* Bogga Zubba - great crowd control move
* Ikk Hikk - ridiculous damage if you've got someone holding your opponent(s) down

Spears
* Dus Majarra

Axes - wait for the PA leveling boost
* Anga Dugrega
* Anga Jabroga

Twin Sabers
* Cross Hurricane - is awesome

Twin Claws
* Renzan Seidan-ga - this is your single-target damage move

Saber
* Rising Strike - plain-jane general use PA for fast crowd control. 2h melee is better for anything special purpose

Claw
* Bukuu Siayan-za - fantastic opening move, 3x3 360 with launch

Darius_Drake
Apr 22, 2008, 02:06 PM
Knuckles - Bogga Robado (quick hits, fast damage, if beast or cast fills suv/beast meter fast)
Axe - Anga Jabroga (good for big slow creatures with multiple hit spots)
Spear - Dus Majarra (initiating contact from distance, quick hits, nice damage, suv beast meter fill)

MrNomad
Apr 23, 2008, 04:05 PM
Swords -Tornado Break/Spnning Break

Knuckles -Bogga Danga/Bogga Robado

Spears -Dus Daggas/Dus Majarra

Axes -Anga Dugrega/Anga Jabroga

Twin Sabers -Rising Crush/Assult Crush

Sabers -Rising Strike

Claws - Bukuu

shotsfired
Apr 23, 2008, 07:34 PM
i just made a FF, and here is what I use...

Twin sabers - cross hurricane - no doubt an awesome PA. good damage, and fast.

Knuckles - Ikk Hikk - slow as all get out, but for pure damage, hard to top this . looks funny too, drunken shaolin baby

spears - majarra - no explanation needed.

single claw - i dont know the name - but you spin around low, then jump and spike the ground. good damage, and hits multiple spots on big enemies.

sword - spinning break - i dont use swords much....

slicer - only A rank, but i use the chikki one.

dc534
Apr 23, 2008, 08:10 PM
Alright, I would say:

Sword:

Gravity Break is good but very slow to lvl
Tornado Break, with a svaltus sword you will love this move because the pp of the svaltus sword really helps how quickly you will run out of PP. I like this move much more than the twin dagger version of it.

Twin Sabers:

Cross Hurricane, pure damage , and dps makes it the best saber PA
Suprisingly Rising Crush, you will learn to love it, it keeps gaozorans and magic casters on their butts, but it does sufffer in dps, it is quick but not very powerful, but as FF you already have enough power PAs and this one would be a good addition just for its knock up.

Knuckles:

Ikk Hikk is at the top of the list.

Spear:
Dus Majarra, nuff said

Slicer:

I feel the PA move will become more popular with the chikki nerf
Chikki will still be useful however.

Oh dont neglect single handed weapon you will want to lvl up at least one Pistol shot for flying guys. Rising strike is a no brainer but spinning strike is great against single enemies.