PDA

View Full Version : My rant about...my greatest fear :|

Jakosifer
Apr 23, 2008, 01:06 AM
I have arachnophobia,and can't get over it. And it sucks. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

Started when I was 9 years old, I was over a friends house and he had a pet tarantula (This wont end well..Yea you know). Anyway I had seen this thing millions of times before and always thought it was the coolest thing ever, however I had never touched it or seen it out of its container thing. Well, while I was over there his older brother (A REAL jackass) thought it would be funny to burst into the room and slam the door in the process. He did so, however the tarantulas container was sitting on the shelf that was next to where the door would slam. So when he does this, it knocks the container onto the ground and the tarantula spills out (. . . :/ ) The big fucking thing thought of the WONDERFUL idea to crawl at an insane speed, up my leg and onto my lap and stare at me. It did this so fast I had no time to react, and when I noticed it I locked up and froze. Heart pounding and I couldn't move, my friend picked it up off of me and put it back in its container. My heart was racing and I was sweating like crazy. Ever since then I have never been able to look at a spider without getting goosebumps and staring it down.

Just about 30 minutes ago, a wolf spider unexpectedly webbed down onto my arm while I'm playing a nice old game of Jet Grind Radio, initiating a surprise battle. I felt it and immediately knew what it was thus giving myself the "Fear" status effect, so I fling it off of my arm and into the wall. It bounces off of the wall and lands on the ground sitting still. I finish the ambush battle with a swift attack using a random nearby shoe. I flush it down the toilet and come back in my room paranoid, thinking his comrades might try to avenge their fallen friend.

But enough of that...I FUCKING HATE Spiders, WHY do they insist on torturing me!?! I mean I know they do a good thing (killing other pests), but I can do that myself! Oh and I hate myself for not ever being able to get over this fear, this is seriously getting old. Every time I see a spider I get goosebumps, and we stare each other down waiting for the other one to make the first move. But yes...I wish they all could just go die or something. That or stay the fuck away from my room.

Done, now my "Fear" status effect is gone...Well at least until the next random freakin spider shimmies on down and tries to gnaw my face off.

(PS: This room is nice and clean always, I never eat in here...Sooooo why do they come in here? To attack me thats why)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Lakjosmaysa on 2008-04-22 23:06 ]</font>

Retehi
Apr 23, 2008, 01:24 AM
On 2008-04-22 23:06, Lakjosmaysa wrote:

(PS: This room is nice and clean always, I never eat in here...Sooooo why do they come in here? To attack me thats why)

Dirty room or not, they'll wander into whatever area around them. They're not roaches that go after random bread crumbs.

I personally love the little critters, I have a pet rose-haired tarantula myself. I was scared of em when I was little bit eh, outgrew it.

ljkkjlcm9
Apr 23, 2008, 01:25 AM
I hate spiders too. I'm not afraid of them, I just don't like them. The simple thing to remember is, most of them can't do much harm to you. And the chances of a harmful one being in your house, is even smaller. At the worst you'll get a big bump if one of them bites you. On top of that, you could get lucky and be bitten by a special one and become spider-man, so it's not all bad lol

Simply, don't worry as the ones you run into in your home, won't really do you any harm.
for example a Wolf-Spider
"Wolf spiders are not aggressive but will inject venom freely if continually provoked. Symptoms of their venomous bite include swelling, mild pain and itching."

THE JACKEL

Jakosifer
Apr 23, 2008, 01:38 AM
Yea I mean, I know they're harmless but...everytime I see one I instantly get reminded of that damn tarantula and think "Oh snap I'm going to get killed by something that I'm 100 times larger than" XD

Alamar
Apr 23, 2008, 02:19 AM
My girlfriend is deathly afraid of grasshoppers. Don't know why but you would think a crazed killer was in front of her with a huge bloody knife or something. So ya I know what your talking about. She really really gets scared. I feel sorry for her being that scared of them. As for spiders I am not afraid of them but if that happened to me that just might do it.
I hate do hate the jumping spiders(white one.) I went to hit one on the wall and the damn thing jumped 10 feet straight across the wall. It did not go lower or higher it was wild. After I seen that I said " Hell no" lol. Well to end the story it did not jump again. Have you ever talked to anyone about this?

Jakosifer
Apr 23, 2008, 02:29 AM
Yup, my parents know about it and my dad (Who just like me) makes a joke about everything, so he just tells me to grow some balls . . . :|

My mom understands at least, she said I should get some kind of therapy if its really that big of a deal. Which hell, I just might, I'm 19 years too old to be afraid of some damn spiders. >_< (Oddly enough, Im not afraid of Centipedes, I actually think those things are quite awesome, despite one having crawled on me before. I do still kill those though...Just in case >_>)

BlaizeYES
Apr 23, 2008, 12:50 PM
lol, i too hate spiders. there is a bit of fear towards spiders as well... somewhat because of how they look, but mostly because they are creepy, scandalous little creatures. other animals and insects i'm fine with, but spiders i just absolutely hate. spiders are small and mischevious, and sometimes pretty fast... they can end up on you without you even knowing of them. if there was a snake in your room, you could handle the situation rather easily and get it out of there. if there was a SPIDER, as soon as that thing burrows in some sort of corner, you lose sight of it and it could stay there for days, plotting its next terrorist attack on you. knowing that i could have a 4 inch gaping infection on my neck due to a brown recluse somehow making its way up my back without me knowing, and then biting my neck... it doesnt sit well with me.

in my old apartment, i lived right next to the ocean, and i was told that there are hardly any spiders that close to a huge saltwater body. little did i know that it was a lie, and there are actually bigger and even more bountiful amounts of spiders the closer you get. it really didn't make any sense, either... the apartment was really nice and we were nowhere near wilderness. yet despite logical living conditions for spiders, we were still killing a pretty big spider once every day when we first moved in, and then once a week typically after about a month. my roomate would always scream of an "EMERGENCY" at 9 in the morning because there would be a 2 inch wolf spider crawling along the wall of her bathroom. so then i'd have to summon all of my hate in spiders to kill the bastards that feel they have some sort of entitlement to be on my wall. i didnt deserve to live constantly on edge, thinking that, "one day, i'm going to wake up, and a huge spider will be staring at me, mocking my efforts to irradicate them from existence." the pros were outweighted by the cons, and all the cons: SPIDERS.

VanHalen
Apr 23, 2008, 01:06 PM
I don't hate spiders but I do have a fear of centipedes. It first started when I was little and I raised snails since my parents wouldn't let me have any other pets then. I had about probably 20 something snails at the time but I was really fond of a baby one I had just found. I made a whole new enviroment for it to live in and got some dirt from outside to put in the container(bad idea).

Two days later I'm watching the snail crawl around in its container then all of a sudden a GIANT centipede rises from the dirt like some corny giant monster movie(no joke it even did a roaring pose) and lunged at the snail and ate it. Watching that for some reason just shocked the hell out of me and I ran from the container. That was kinda when the fear of them started.

Last year was pretty bad too. I fell asleep on the floor of my house one night feeling something crawl across my chest. When I look up I had three centipedes running across me. I haven't slept on the floor since XD.

Also a youtube of a centipede in akshun!
http://youtube.com/watch?v=8CL2hetqpfg

str898mustang
Apr 23, 2008, 01:15 PM
I won't kill a spider unless I feel threatened like it's crawling on me or such. If it's just wondering through my room or something, i'll grab it with a towel and throw it outside. Now centipedes on the other hand, I will smash those critters. I can stand them since the first one I saw was crawling on my arm and it scared the shit out of me and from now on, i smash them if they are ever in my house.

CelestialBlade
Apr 23, 2008, 01:23 PM
I got chills just reading your post. I've got some pretty severe arachnophobia, but I've no clue why I do. I've haven't had any one big scary experience with a spider, I've just always been freaked out by them. The small ones don't freak me out anymore, but they get any bigger than that and I can't even look at them. I don't know what it is. I'm not afraid of them, I just think they're hideous and I don't want them touching me, ever.

I don't believe in taking the life of another living being unless I'm threatened, so I really wish I could understand why I can't stand the thought of a spider touching me. But I don't even know what caused it.

Funny thing is, I love scorpions. They're cute XD

Seority
Apr 23, 2008, 01:23 PM
LOL yea
The chances of a venimous spider in your house is smaller then a rat coming out of your toliet.
http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif
And I dispise them too, but only inside. Outside I watch them from a safe distance, or just poke them with a stick like Steve Iwen did. I can squish it just fine, but I need someone else to deliver it to it's grave. I'm freaked out by dead bodies too. Who woulda thunk?

Anduril
Apr 23, 2008, 01:28 PM
I have a general dislike of insects in my living vacinity, except crickets. Sure crickets can bite and can be annoying with thier chirping but they at least keep my house from sounding empty. (We have tons of crickets in my house. I can't remember a day where I don't see one staring at my whilst I clear out my bodily waste in the morning.) But yeah, I have this automatic reaction when I feel something crawling on me: I grab, squish, throw. I did that to quite a few spiders, poor things were mostly those Longlegged ones.

stukasa
Apr 23, 2008, 01:32 PM
I hate spiders too, they creep me out for some reason. The ones that bother me the most are the fat-bodied spiders with the short legs. Daddy long legs don't bother me quite as much because they're pretty harmless, but I still don't like them. >.>

I won't even tell you the story about my friend's dad or your fear of spiders would get worse. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif

str898mustang
Apr 23, 2008, 01:48 PM
On 2008-04-23 11:32, stukasa wrote:
I hate spiders too, they creep me out for some reason. The ones that bother me the most are the fat-bodied spiders with the short legs. Daddy long legs don't bother me quite as much because they're pretty harmless, but I still don't like them. >.>

I won't even tell you the story about my friend's dad or your fear of spiders would get worse. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif

guessing he got bit by one

Anduril
Apr 23, 2008, 02:01 PM
I just remembered a little story about of firend of mine that happened when we were in Middle School: During the night he was bitten by a Black Widow. Amazing part is that rather than enter his blood stream, the venom collected in a pocket right under his skin, right on his cheek. He had this big bubble on his face, and the doctors had to be really careful and they sucked all of it out. Left him with a big discolored spot of skin on his face. After that eveyone neded up calling him Spider-Man. Good times, good times.

BlaizeYES
Apr 23, 2008, 02:17 PM
On 2008-04-23 11:28, Anduril wrote:
I have a general dislike of insects in my living vacinity, except crickets. Sure crickets can bite and can be annoying with thier chirping but they at least keep my house from sounding empty. (We have tons of crickets in my house. I can't remember a day where I don't see one staring at my whilst I clear out my bodily waste in the morning.)

cricket chirping drives me crazy. i like ambient noise and all of the senses tied in given a certain scene i'm in, and i can tolerate crickets in that. but when you're in your house, it's 2 in the morning and you just hear a loud shrill of a cricket, it's sort of irritating. if they want to chirp while i'm sleeping, that i can handle... i'm such a deep sleeper that it takes 2 alarms going off for at least 15 minutes each before i am finally awake. NOBODY DISTURBS MY SLUMBER

Anduril
Apr 23, 2008, 02:22 PM
On 2008-04-23 12:17, BlaizeYES wrote:

On 2008-04-23 11:28, Anduril wrote:
I have a general dislike of insects in my living vacinity, except crickets. Sure crickets can bite and can be annoying with thier chirping but they at least keep my house from sounding empty. (We have tons of crickets in my house. I can't remember a day where I don't see one staring at my whilst I clear out my bodily waste in the morning.)

cricket chirping drives me crazy. i like ambient noise and all of the senses tied in given a certain scene i'm in, and i can tolerate crickets in that. but when you're in your house, it's 2 in the morning and you just hear a loud shrill of a cricket, it's sort of irritating. if they want to chirp while i'm sleeping, that i can handle... i'm such a deep sleeper that it takes 2 alarms going off for at least 15 minutes each before i am finally awake. NOBODY DISTURBS MY SLUMBER

I sleep with earplugs. My walls are paper thin and my father snores like a bus; I got used to hearing the sounds of the night muffled through the earplugs, so the crickets are little bother.

McLaughlin
Apr 23, 2008, 02:29 PM
Cockroaches scare the crap out of me, spiders just bug (no pun intended >_>) me.

On the topic of being a deep sleeper, at one point I had five alarms within a foot of my bed, and I just kept sleeping. My mom has to tip me off my mattress when she leaves for work (at 5:30 in the morning) or I'll sleep right through the day. It's really irritating.

Seority
Apr 23, 2008, 02:46 PM
Whoa...
I just got done washing the dishes.
When I started, there was a spider in the sink!
Odd coincidence O.o'''''
He's getting sent striaght to Lake Michigin via water tubes. XD
Still....

McLaughlin
Apr 23, 2008, 02:55 PM
You should make sure you squish them before flushing them away. They can trap air bubbles beneath their legs and float back up the pipe.

Raine_Loire
Apr 23, 2008, 02:59 PM
I hate spiders!! Our last housing (army housing woot) was infested with brown recluses in the attic (common in TN I hear). When we had moved in, we didn't know, so we put our son's baby toys and clothes he had outgrown in the attic, probably about 10 boxes. When we moved out, we knew about the spiders, they liked to travel down to the main house in the winter, to get warm. We called housing and they told us they were tearing down our neighborhood that spring and weren't going to pay to get rid of them a few months before they tear the place down, so just seal off the attic (they just came through the vents after that -_-). We couldn't get ANYONE to agree to go up in there and pull those boxes down. We ended up just leaving them there, and not even undoing the seal from around the door. So our son's baby years have no tangible evidence now, lol. I'm pretty sure there aren't any poisonous spiders in Germany though!

Leviathan
Apr 23, 2008, 03:31 PM
On 2008-04-23 11:06, VanHalen wrote:
I don't hate spiders but I do have a fear of centipedes. It first started when I was little and I raised snails since my parents wouldn't let me have any other pets then. I had about probably 20 something snails at the time but I was really fond of a baby one I had just found. I made a whole new enviroment for it to live in and got some dirt from outside to put in the container(bad idea).

Two days later I'm watching the snail crawl around in its container then all of a sudden a GIANT centipede rises from the dirt like some corny giant monster movie(no joke it even did a roaring pose) and lunged at the snail and ate it. Watching that for some reason just shocked the hell out of me and I ran from the container. That was kinda when the fear of them started.

Last year was pretty bad too. I fell asleep on the floor of my house one night feeling something crawl across my chest. When I look up I had three centipedes running across me. I haven't slept on the floor since XD.

Also a youtube of a centipede in akshun!
http://youtube.com/watch?v=8CL2hetqpfg

My little brother has one of those as a pet, the worse thing was that little bug would crawl on it when it was sick. Gah, I hated that pet.

When I was five I had a pet spider, it was a common looking black spider that I called Shadow. Since then I've always loved spiders.

I sympathize with the TC because I hate roaches. I fell asleep once &I woke up to find a roach crawling on me. I was so freaked out that I began to cry. <I'm pathetic, hah.>

Why do they turn on their backs when they die anyways?

BlaizeYES
Apr 23, 2008, 03:41 PM
On 2008-04-23 12:59, Raine_Loire wrote:
I hate spiders!! Our last housing (army housing woot) was infested with brown recluses in the attic (common in TN I hear). When we had moved in, we didn't know, so we put our son's baby toys and clothes he had outgrown in the attic, probably about 10 boxes. When we moved out, we knew about the spiders, they liked to travel down to the main house in the winter, to get warm.

lol... brown recluse spiders are possibly the worst. here, they are pretty common because right now i'm in a "subtropic" US state. i've never seen one indoors, but i've seen a few that are usually an easy giveaway by their pretty distinct web designs that are about 2 feet in diameter... and i am pretty sure i would have left all of that stuff in the addict as well. look at pictures of the brown recluse bites on google... you made the right choice by just leaving everything up there behind. and coming down into the main house in the winter? i would have slept in my car

Sord
Apr 23, 2008, 04:28 PM
Centipedes, crush the fuckers and call pest control. Those things can do some serious damage to a house if there is an infestation. Spiders I don't care to much about, but if they want to stay on my good side they better keep their webbings high up, I hate walking into them. It's a piy I can't contract them for pest control. "You're rent for the upper northeast corner of the house is to capture 5 flies/gnats/somethiing , benefits may or may not be given to your children, they will be assigned their own corners, perhaps at a reduced cost. Once all corners are used up though, I'm afraid they'll have to move out or die, sorry." http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

I hate worms though, god I despise them, grubs and slugs to. Sometimes I'll step around them if they are in the middle of the sidewalk.

enoch
Apr 23, 2008, 04:41 PM
its ok my friend T.T i feel your pain!!! I left some reeses puffs out for a week in my room when I was on vacation.....when I cam back I lifted up my blanket and rats flew everywere........now im terrified

SStrikerR
Apr 23, 2008, 04:45 PM
I hate...ahhh what are they called...water bugs or something? Ah whatever, last month I found one in the bathroom, so I got a rock from my room and smashed the back half of it's body; then I got a tack from one of my posters and..hehe, I stabbed it in the middle of it's head. It flailed for about half a second and then got REALLY still.
And spiders..I RLH if I see them. Any other bug WILL be smashed by something. Tennis Racket, rock, shoe, gamecube, etc.

Mwabwetumba
Apr 23, 2008, 05:13 PM
I used to be truly afraid of spiders and most other crawling little things up until when I was 5-or-so years old, when all my fears were washed away and replaced by a theme from a video game (of all things!).

That doesn't mean that I like spiders, though. A few months ago, I spent a weekend at a friend's place and as we were lying down to sleep, I spotted a tiny spider in the ceiling, crawling around like spiders do. It was dark in the room, so I could only see it as a tiny black dot. I noticed that it crawled closer to where I was lying and it stopped directly above me. Suddenly, the spider wasn't on the ceiling anymore. I felt a faint thump on my arm. The spider had simply thrown itself from the ceiling and had fallen down on me!

It hadn't just spun some thread and climbed down, oh no. One moment it was on the ceiling, the next it crashed down on my arm. Clearly this was some sort of attempt at an evil scheme. It was probably aiming at my mouth or nose. It quickly scurried away before I could react and vanished into the darkness once more. I put on a breathing mask that just happened to be nearby and fell asleep a few minutes later.

Wicked and evil animals they are.

AlexCraig
Apr 23, 2008, 05:48 PM
I have arachnephobia. I cannot stand the sight of spiders. Every once in a while, when I am on my computer, one would dart out by my mouse and hide under my keyboard. Freaks the hell out of me every time.

If you like spiders, do not read this.
Then I would get the "Attitude Adjuster" (my brother's mallet) and crush it. Then normalcy returns.

Raine_Loire
Apr 23, 2008, 05:51 PM
On 2008-04-23 14:41, enoch wrote:
its ok my friend T.T i feel your pain!!! I left some reeses puffs out for a week in my room when I was on vacation.....when I cam back I lifted up my blanket and rats flew everywere........now im terrified

You had flying rats in your house? That's kick ass.

When my ex and I divorced, he had a crib for our daughter at his house... he had her for weekends. I went over to give him something she forgot at my house once and I went in her room to give her a kiss... she was asleep, so I bent over, and there was something all over her bed... I was like "You gave her raisins in bed?" and turned on the light- yeah you guessed it. Mouse crap. He layed her in a bed covered in mouse crap. He was like "Oh, that must be from that mouse that started living here lately. I said "Living here? I hope you're charging him rent!" Ugh- how can you not notice that????

Powder Keg
Apr 23, 2008, 06:39 PM
I'm not a big fan of bugs either. I especially hate waterbugs because of how friggin' huge they are. I'm not paranoid of them or anything, but if I'm either sleeping, or chillin' in my room half dressed, I don't like them around me at all. I once woke up and later noticed one under my pillow. I don't know how the F that happened but it freaked me the hell out. o.o

I also hate the centipede-looking bugs that you may notice crawling on walls. They look like silverfish but a lot smaller. Some of them can be big though.

Spiders really don't bother me, unless they're the bigger ones. If you're afraid of bugs in general, don't be distressed if you see spiders around--they kill most of the other bugs.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Artea on 2008-04-23 16:44 ]</font>

astuarlen
Apr 23, 2008, 10:03 PM
Ugh, creepy crawly things give me the hibbly jibblies. I admit I could not read most of the posts in this thread for fear of grossing/creeping myself out. Spiders, of course, are not my friends, but I have a serious problem with ants. Most people view 'em as a nuisance, it seems, but I have nightmares about them. No kidding. ._.

NamuNamu
Apr 23, 2008, 10:34 PM
i have acrophobia. im extremely terrified of heights. like walking over a bridge, i freeze up if i even look slightly to the side where i can look down

enoch
Apr 24, 2008, 09:12 AM
On 2008-04-23 15:51, Raine_Loire wrote:

On 2008-04-23 14:41, enoch wrote:

You had flying rats in your house? That's kick ass.

When my ex and I divorced, he had a crib for our daughter at his house... he had her for weekends. I went over to give him something she forgot at my house once and I went in her room to give her a kiss... she was asleep, so I bent over, and there was something all over her bed... I was like "You gave her raisins in bed?" and turned on the light- yeah you guessed it. Mouse crap. He layed her in a bed covered in mouse crap. He was like "Oh, that must be from that mouse that started living here lately. I said "Living here? I hope you're charging him rent!" Ugh- how can you not notice that????

they are scary...especially mice...
they are so fast that you almost dont see em. like, you see one, but by the time you realize what it is, it runs away

and by run away i mean they move so fast it looks like they just disapear

panzer_unit
Apr 24, 2008, 10:32 AM
On 2008-04-23 20:34, NamuNamu wrote:
i have acrophobia. im extremely terrified of heights. like walking over a bridge, i freeze up if i even look slightly to the side where i can look down

I don't play acro classes in PSU, does that count?

I think spiders are awesome, they gobble up other bugs (I hate flies and mosquitos with a passion) and the fuzzy chubby ones are downright cute too. I could spend a long time just chilling out watching those little guys go about their business.

BlaizeYES
Apr 24, 2008, 11:40 AM

im extremely terrified of heights.

you know whats strange? i'm not afraid of heights, but i'm afraid of some sort of "reverse heights"... i cant look up at a ceiling that is really really high above my head. whenever i'm at a sporting event that is in a dome, i will not look up. it's weird. but i'm really not afraid of being high up, it's only indoors. does anyone else have this "fear," or even know what this is called

Kion
Apr 24, 2008, 11:45 AM
I don't really mind spider's with webs in my house; i leave those guys alone. I'll make mental notes of where they are to make sure they're not laying eggs, but those guys are great. What i hate is any big ass bug that gets into my house and likes to wonder around. flies, centipedes, spiders, and camel crickets (http://www.ces.ncsu.edu/depts/ent/notes/Urban/images/camelcricket2a.jpg). seriously, ew...

Powder Keg
Apr 24, 2008, 11:51 AM
On 2008-04-24 09:40, BlaizeYES wrote:

you know whats strange? i'm not afraid of heights, but i'm afraid of some sort of "reverse heights"... i cant look up at a ceiling that is really really high above my head. whenever i'm at a sporting event that is in a dome, i will not look up. it's weird. but i'm really not afraid of being high up, it's only indoors. does anyone else have this "fear," or even know what this is called

Interesting, my friend has the same problem, only it's when staring straight up into the sky. Do you have the same problem, or is it just from rooftops?

Kylie
Apr 24, 2008, 12:36 PM
Oh, I can relate. I haaaaaaaaaaaaaate spiders. In fact, I freaked out last night because I thought one was on me, and it was just a shadow or something on my jeans. But, yeah, if I see one, it's dead. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Seority
Apr 24, 2008, 01:01 PM
LOL.
Went to DreXs and guess what?
Yet another spider on the floor.
Odd day yesterday o.O'

panzer_unit
Apr 24, 2008, 01:02 PM

Could be a form of Gephyrophobia — fear of bridges? Sounds like you have problems with structures that might collapse in some catastrophic way. Wikipedia lookups ftw.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: panzer_unit on 2008-04-24 11:03 ]</font>

enoch
Apr 24, 2008, 01:02 PM
On 2008-04-24 10:36, Kylie wrote:
Oh, I can relate. I haaaaaaaaaaaaaate spiders. In fact, I freaked out last night because I thought one was on me, and it was just a shadow or something on my jeans. But, yeah, if I see one, ITS DEAD. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

kylie has spider death vision?!

oh my

spiders arent so bad though, ever see one of thse ones the size of your head? O.O

Kylie
Apr 24, 2008, 01:20 PM
On 2008-04-24 11:02, enoch wrote:

Oh, I can relate. I haaaaaaaaaaaaaate spiders. In fact, I freaked out last night because I thought one was on me, and it was just a shadow or something on my jeans. But, yeah, if I see one, ITS DEAD. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

oh my

spiders arent so bad though, ever see one of thse ones the size of your head? O.O

I've seen a couple of spiders that were mothers (huge) and in the process of being eaten by their babies. >_> Not a very good impression on me...

NamuNamu
Apr 24, 2008, 01:56 PM
On 2008-04-24 09:51, Artea wrote:

Interesting, my friend has the same problem, only it's when staring straight up into the sky. Do you have the same problem, or is it just from rooftops?

yeah I get that too. if i know im somewhere high and i look up I pretty much lock up http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

AlexCraig
Apr 24, 2008, 01:59 PM
On 2008-04-24 11:20, Kylie wrote:

oh my

I've seen a couple of spiders that were mothers (huge) and in the process of being eaten by their babies. >_> Not a very good impression on me...

Gah! >.< Thanks for putting that image in my head!

BlaizeYES
Apr 24, 2008, 02:50 PM
On 2008-04-24 11:02, panzer_unit wrote:

Could be a form of Gephyrophobia — fear of bridges? Sounds like you have problems with structures that might collapse in some catastrophic way. Wikipedia lookups ftw.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: panzer_unit on 2008-04-24 11:03 ]</font>

no, i'm not afraid of it collapsing, thats not the problem. and looking up into the sky is no problem at all either. its being indoors in a huge structure and just seeing the rafters, banners, etc up there. and since i was a kid, it just got me a little anxious... maybe its TOO much hollowed out open space thats enclosed? who knows. maybe i just dont like seeming so small inside of the big structure when i see how large it really is inside, cant really say. but anyway, it doesnt really happen anymore, i turned of age to drink at sporting events, THE PROBLEM HAS BEEN NEUTRALIZED

panzer_unit
Apr 24, 2008, 03:59 PM
I wish I had some phobias so I could test alcohol as a treatment method. It would put some altruistic purpose to all the drinking I'd like to do.

Kylie
Apr 24, 2008, 04:59 PM
On 2008-04-24 11:59, AlexCraig wrote:

oh my

Yeah, I think Louisiana has one of the worst bug populations, and by that I mean, there's a lot of them. I get the bug man to spray at the first of each month.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Kylie on 2008-04-24 14:59 ]</font>

AlexCraig
Apr 24, 2008, 05:01 PM
Ick. Most bugs don't bug me, but spiders do. Bees only because I am allergic.

I also have a fear of heights. Once I get so high up, I freak out.

Nitro Vordex
Apr 24, 2008, 05:07 PM
I can't even go as high as a regular ladder without my imagination exploding.

But I can stand on my roof with no problem. Odd.

Kion
Apr 24, 2008, 10:02 PM
On 2008-04-24 13:59, panzer_unit wrote:
I wish I had some phobias so I could test alcohol as a treatment method. It would put some altruistic purpose to all the drinking I'd like to do.

you can use alcohol in this manner? might encourage me to drink more....

DreXxiN
Apr 25, 2008, 12:17 AM
I really feel for you arachnophobians ;O.

Jakosifer
May 3, 2008, 04:40 PM
On 2008-04-24 11:59, AlexCraig wrote:

oh my

<___<

This. And I solved my spider issue, I bombed my room out with pest repellent. Had to sleep on the couch for a day but it was worthit, haven't seen one since.

The irony is, I bet I end up seeing one later on tonight.

Zorafim
May 3, 2008, 06:38 PM
See, I grew up with mosquitoes biting my legs raw as a child, and fire ants tearing off my skin. Anything that helps lower the population of the fiends that create such atrocities to defenseless children are welcomed open armed into my home.

Rust
May 3, 2008, 10:42 PM
I never had any problems with bugs, reptiles or any crawling / sneaking / lurking creatures, though i once put my leg in an ant nest when i was younger (i don't think it was fire ants, but they were pretty venomous anyways, i got a big red leg for more than a week, and the hot and wet weather wasn't improving the whole thing http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif).
I though do have a big fear, which could be assimilated to a phobia, as it can make me anxious each time i'm confronted to it. I'm god damn afraid about deep waters. Not being able to see what's under my feet and knowing that i'm totally able to move properly while in water compared to all those fishes always got me anxious. When i was doing nightmares, it was either ending up in a endless run 'till i got killed or falling into some sort of pool and being eaten by giant sharks or the like. It goes as far as it also affects me on video games ; it took me hours to complete the "Apprehension" chapter in Half-Life 1 just because of all those pools of water and those damn ichtyosaurus swimming in them, and whenever in water in any game, i feel the urge to get out of it as quick as possible before my heart is going to explode of stress.

Must be the first time i posted somthing here... Didn't know there was sections other than Fan Works on this board http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

SStrikerR
May 4, 2008, 07:53 PM
Yeah heh, I'm afraid of deep water as well. Lakes, games with lakes, anything. (Hello waaay too many games I have.)

Zorafim
May 4, 2008, 07:58 PM
And people wonder why I respect fish.

Rust
May 4, 2008, 08:00 PM
If fishes didn't have gills, or rather should i say, if they were amphibians, we all would be doomed.

Nitro Vordex
May 4, 2008, 08:24 PM
On 2008-05-04 17:53, Ryan113 wrote:
Yeah heh, I'm afraid of deep water as well. Lakes, games with lakes, anything. (Hello waaay too many games I have.)

Definetley. I can't even go into a really deep swimming pool because of my imagination.

Did I mention my imagination can almost play like a movie in the back of my head?

Out_Kast
May 6, 2008, 10:16 AM
Heights don't bother me.
Anything that both flies and buzzes at the same time just shouldn't exist. I think wasps are the worst culprit.

When you think about it, wasps don't actually have any purpose. They don't help pollinate flowers, and you don't get anything good from them, like honey from bees. Wasps don't do anything, apart from buzz around your ears and get up T-shirts and jab their rear into every part of your skin they can find.
Talking from experience here, guys!! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

Also, I don't particularly hate spiders. I just hate the way they move. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_disapprove.gif

Nitro Vordex
May 6, 2008, 12:15 PM
What, you hate the way they walk? o.o

There's a few spider webs around my house. but hey, haven't seen any crickets around. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

Tessu
May 6, 2008, 12:20 PM
On 2008-05-06 08:16, Out_Kast wrote:
Anything that both flies and buzzes at the same time just shouldn't exist. I think wasps are the worst culprit.

I think I love you.

I hate flying and buzzing things, wasps especially, but even stuff that can't harm you. Flies and the like also freak me out. Especially when they ram into your window repeatedly.
-shudders-

Zorafim
May 6, 2008, 12:24 PM
When you think about it, wasps don't actually have any purpose.

They're carnivorous. They eat large insects. I don't know about you, but I really don't like large insects.

McLaughlin
May 6, 2008, 12:26 PM
Deer flies are the bane of my existence. Those things take out quarter-sized chunks of my skin every time they bite me.

Even thinking about it makes me cringe.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Obsidian_Knight on 2008-05-06 18:40 ]</font>

Out_Kast
May 6, 2008, 12:46 PM
On 2008-05-06 10:24, Zorafim wrote:

When you think about it, wasps don't actually have any purpose.

They're carnivorous. They eat large insects. I don't know about you, but I really don't like large insects.

Sure, they cut the population of a number of large insects. And no, I hate insects in general. But still, there are plenty of other animals that could easily take up that job.

Tessu: o_O Calm down http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

Tessu
May 6, 2008, 12:48 PM
On 2008-05-06 10:46, Out_Kast wrote:

Tessu: o_O Calm down http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

xD Haha.
Sorry.

Out_Kast
May 6, 2008, 12:52 PM
That's not a problem.
Just glad we agreed on something, I guess. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

Something I forgot to bring up:
Another thing I hate about spiders is the fact that they creep up on you. I remember being sat at my desk, just generally using the computer, and looking down to find some whoop-ass spider clambering across my arm.
I think I actually squealed. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_disapprove.gif

Rust
May 6, 2008, 12:56 PM
The most useful insects ever are the mayflies ; they live for like one or two days, then drop their corpse and wings on the floor of your room and you're forced to take out the broom.
So basically, they keep human rooms clean. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

*slaps self*

Kizaragu
May 6, 2008, 07:00 PM
Not a big fan of creepy 8-Legged arachnids either.

One late evening, tapping away on my keyboard with only the glow of my screen for company, I saw something move on the top of my monitor in the corner of my eye. (I now know it was a large hairy house spider)
Before I could acknowledge what it was, damn thing lept from it and onto the keyboard I was using, making a what can best be described as a 'Sickening Thud'

Think I screamed (manlly like) and almost fell off my chair. Would of been fairly amusing to witness.

AlexCraig
May 6, 2008, 07:09 PM
The only reason I run and hide when bees are about is because I am allergic.

Jaspaller
May 6, 2008, 08:59 PM
I hate spiders... very much. I remember as a kid I woke up and went to go brush. I brushed my teeth and as I spit out, guess what I saw pop out of my mouth... yep, what looked to be a dead spider. Blech. Glad that never happened again. Thing that's come close to that is an ant crawling on my face pretty close to my nostrils when I was sleeping.

Weeaboolits
May 6, 2008, 10:11 PM
I dislike insects in general, I like how they look, they look really awesome up close, but I don't like them touching me, hell, I don't even like cats climbing on me, let alone spiders.

Also, I hate bees and wasps, they scare the hell out of me, there's a reason it took me 19 years to gt stung for the first time. >_>

McLaughlin
May 6, 2008, 10:46 PM
On 2008-05-06 18:59, Jaspaller wrote:
I hate spiders... very much. I remember as a kid I woke up and went to go brush. I brushed my teeth and as I spit out, guess what I saw pop out of my mouth... yep, what looked to be a dead spider. Blech. Glad that never happened again. Thing that's come close to that is an ant crawling on my face pretty close to my nostrils when I was sleeping.

I was 10. I was eating rice. As I'm chewing a fork-full, my mom goes to throw out the bag and goes "Spit out the rice RIGHT NOW. There's a maggot in the bag."

Never had that rice again.

Nitro Vordex
May 6, 2008, 10:51 PM
woke up with a cockroach on my face. Right near my mouth. As in on my chin.

Picked it up, and hurled it across the room, which made a satisfying thud against the wall.

SStrikerR
May 7, 2008, 06:09 AM
On 2008-05-06 20:51, Nitro_Vordex wrote:
woke up with a cockroach on my face. Right near my mouth. As in on my chin.

Picked it up, and hurled it across the room, which made a satisfying thud against the wall.

Lol. Worse thing that every happened to me was I had one of those demonically-fast spiders on me running around of like 2 minutes before i took my shoe off and got myself in the gut...and the spider.

Raine_Loire
May 7, 2008, 06:30 AM
When I was little I went to day care. One day, one of the teachers brought in a beehive from her yard that she smoked the bees out of (as an adult, I can now wonder WTF she was thinking! What if there had been bees in there still and they had stung us???) Anyway, we watched her take it apart and tell us what everything was. It was so gross, because there were larvae or pupae or w/e the hell the squiggly white things that look like maggots are in one section of the hive. Just looking at it bothered me so much I can't stand anything with that sectioned- honeycomb pattern on it to this day. Just looking at it- whether in a 1/2 finished hornet nest or a beeswax candle makes me itch so badly I look like a drug addict, trying to scratch everywhere at once.

To make it worse, the boys knew it bothered me, and they broke a piece with the white eggs err w/e off and put it in my milk at lunch time. I was taking a drink and saw it coming at my face...

It's been 21 years since that happened, and I still see it like it was yesterday
(shudder!)

Out_Kast
May 7, 2008, 12:50 PM
My sister once sucked through a straw, only to spit out an Earwig a few seconds later.
That made me heave. I think Earwigs are the most disgusting creatures ever. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_disapprove.gif