PDA

View Full Version : Whats your most disappointing SSBB character?

eXo
Apr 23, 2008, 01:26 AM
So far im pretty disappointed at the zelda crew as the zelda/shiek smash move is pretty subpar and the original people should have goten better upgrades.

Shattered_weasel
Apr 23, 2008, 01:54 AM
All but Lucas.

Eihwaz
Apr 23, 2008, 02:21 AM
I haven't played the game enough to be disappointed in a particular character, but I am disappointed in the lack of controllable EarthBound characters. I mean, what the hell, we get three characters from StarFox who are very, very similar, and the two EarthBound characters are also very, very similar. Paula, Jeff, and Poo could've been totally unique...

Jeff apparently shows up as an Assist Trophy, and that's better than nothing, but...still. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_disapprove.gif

eXo
Apr 23, 2008, 02:39 AM
yea this game could have been better. what about an Fzero bad guy or having a playable metroid instead of captain oiliver.....

Weeaboolits
Apr 23, 2008, 02:48 AM
I still want Arle Nadja and Heathcliff Flowen. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

Kent
Apr 23, 2008, 06:35 AM
I'm most disappointed in the fact that both Isaac and Saki are in the game, but aren't playable.

Other than that, the most disappointing character is... Online Play. Mainly because of how much of a train wreck it is :/

ljkkjlcm9
Apr 23, 2008, 09:04 AM
Zelda is 10x better than she was in melee. And toon link is one of the best characters. Ganondorf was always too slow for me, and Link could never jump enough for me.

The starfox characters are all different enough, trust me if you played all of them, you'd know that.

I honestly couldn't think of another metroid character that would work, except for a character from Hunters but that was only one game. Or the basic "Space Pirate."

F-zero really doesn't need any other characters, and I couldn't even imagine which one they would put in.

I am also dissapointed that Isaac is not playable. That's about the one thing I would want changed the most. If I had to be dissapointed in a character... it's Lucario. He can be good, but he's so weak until he gets damage of his own, and hardly has any really good killing moves. Metaknight suffers from the finishing blow problem too.

THE JACKEL

The_Gio
Apr 23, 2008, 09:29 AM
im disapointed in...........Pit and Lucas, Lucas just completely makes Ness obsolete,I mean Lucas' moves are just better in everyway,so much to the point where they become cheap(by cheap I mean doesn't require any timing and it could knock you out pretty much at 50%)and Pit is just cheap IMO,a lot of people argue he's light but honestly compared to any of the light characters,he's pretty heavy,he can fly(as if 10 jumps werent enough,they gave him the ability to fly)he's strong(good knockback smashes)he can juggle(pretty much with any move thats not a smash)he can reflect,hes got long range and his arrows curve. Dont get me wrong,its not like I cant deal with him because I can,but if I were to go against someone really good with him,itd be a bitch taking him out.Only thing I like about the guy is that his mom is a babe >.>;

Im also disappointed at how much the gameplay slowed down.Yeah its not as fast because they took off "glitches",but honestly when I think about it,all those "glitches" just sped up the game(wave dash)and thats only if you knew how to do it,and even if you did it only helped if you knew how to use it,but even still,you CAN still fall faster,but not to the point where it makes you unpredictable,and also if you know how to time you can keep a person in the air even if they dodge since you cant be unpredictable of where your gonna land.Aside from that i'm pretty happy with everything just some balance issues and just how slow it got.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: The_Gio on 2008-04-23 07:32 ]</font>

VanHalen
Apr 23, 2008, 11:01 AM
On 2008-04-23 04:35, Kent wrote:
I'm most disappointed in the fact that both Isaac and Saki are in the game, but aren't playable.

Other than that, the most disappointing character is... Online Play. Mainly because of how much of a train wreck it is :/

Yeah this pretty much sums up me http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif. Except for the Issac part since I never played Golden Sun. I'll switch that for Little Mac. He could've been a cool character http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif.

Seority
Apr 23, 2008, 01:18 PM
P
I
T

eXo
Apr 23, 2008, 01:23 PM
On 2008-04-23 07:04, ljkkjlcm9 wrote:
Zelda is 10x better than she was in melee. And toon link is one of the best characters. Ganondorf was always too slow for me, and Link could never jump enough for me.

The starfox characters are all different enough, trust me if you played all of them, you'd know that.

I honestly couldn't think of another metroid character that would work, except for a character from Hunters but that was only one game. Or the basic "Space Pirate."

F-zero really doesn't need any other characters, and I couldn't even imagine which one they would put in.

I am also dissapointed that Isaac is not playable. That's about the one thing I would want changed the most. If I had to be dissapointed in a character... it's Lucario. He can be good, but he's so weak until he gets damage of his own, and hardly has any really good killing moves. Metaknight suffers from the finishing blow problem too.

THE JACKEL

(1)Zelda is maybe 5x's better but diffenately not 10x's

(2) havent gotten toon link in yet so i cant speak on him,

(3)im still disappointed at the way gannordorf operates making him a reject captain falcon was and still is a lame idea, mainly because what makes falcon effective is his speed am i rite?

(4) yea link doesnt need jumping ability but atleast they could have allowed his new charge spin to actually move like it does on the game http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_nono.gif

(5)A good metroid character

(a) http://www.nintendopedia.org/index.php?title=Kraid
(b) http://www.nintendopedia.org/index.php?title=Ridley
(c) http://www.nintendopedia.org/index.php?title=Omega_Pirate

could go on forever but anywayz http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_nono.gif

And last but not least for god sake nintendo samurai goroh should have been a playable character not a stupid assist trophy.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: eXo on 2008-04-23 11:23 ]</font>

eXo
Apr 23, 2008, 01:25 PM
Nintendo should have focused on adding their own characters before putting garbage sonic on their ..

The_Gio
Apr 23, 2008, 02:04 PM
[/quote]
(3)im still disappointed at the way gannordorf operates making him a reject captain falcon was and still is a lame idea, mainly because what makes falcon effective is his speed am i rite?
[/quote]

Im guessing im the only thats been to an MLG game,ganondorf kicks ass,hes not slow at all,unless your just trying to do the specials,im not gonna tell you how to play as him cuz honestly its all style but im just gonna say ganondorf kicks the s*** out of captain falcon in everyway(not to sound biased)

and quote didnt work...well you get my point

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: The_Gio on 2008-04-23 12:04 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: The_Gio on 2008-04-23 12:04 ]</font>

Syanaide
Apr 23, 2008, 03:20 PM
Peach sucks now, my main was ruined. She's not bottom tier, but she is nowhere near what she used to be. However, I have been learning ZSS and she is a beast.

Randomness
Apr 23, 2008, 03:35 PM
ZSS is a lot of fun. Biggest disappointment to me is Shiek... Used to be my main char in Melee, but now... all his/her knockback has been nerfed severely...

Leviathan
Apr 23, 2008, 03:47 PM
On 2008-04-23 13:35, Randomness wrote:
Biggest disappointment to me is Shiek... Used to be my main char in Melee, but now... all his/her knockback has been nerfed severely...

Agreed. I think they did that so you HAVE to play Zelda.

Sord
Apr 23, 2008, 03:51 PM
On 2008-04-23 12:04, The_Gio wrote:
Im guessing im the only thats been to an MLG game,ganondorf kicks ass,hes not slow at all,unless your just trying to do the specials,im not gonna tell you how to play as him cuz honestly its all style but im just gonna say ganondorf kicks the s*** out of captain falcon in everyway(not to sound biased)

no idea what MLG game is, but I agree ganondorg kicks ass. He's my favorite, and if people bothered to learn to use him, he's great. However, I'm still pissed that they didn't give him a truly unique moveset and let me use the GODDAMN SWORD.

Anyways, Zelda may be better, but at the downside Shiek is shit.

Ness just isn't as fun with Lucas around

As Jackel said, the fox characters are indeed diffrent. I play wolf 2nd or 3rd most (tough call between him and R.O.B.) but I fucking hate playing fox and falco.

Sonic, my god the movements, I guess if someone can get it down, great, but imo, GTFO.

Olimar, why oh fucking why. I hated the pikmins games, there is nothing I like about the guy, he seems to have the most bland moves of all but the AI can still be cheap as hell just by throwing the carrot bastards at you. There is a good chance this is me just guzzling haterade, but I'm not to sure.

I still hate yoshi, always have. Though I know he's a good character, I've seen him used well, I just hate the guy.

Randomness
Apr 23, 2008, 03:53 PM
On 2008-04-23 13:47, Leviatha wrote:

Biggest disappointment to me is Shiek... Used to be my main char in Melee, but now... all his/her knockback has been nerfed severely...

All they had to do was make Zelda useful, which they did. Zelda is now quite useful, with plenty of power and one of the best ranged moves in the game. (Din's fire is awesome) But Shiek really can't get kills at all, pretty much all my fun killing moves got nerfed badly... Especially the forward air... No more hop-smack-rocket kills for me... (Though lightning kick works well for that)

Sgt_Shligger
Apr 23, 2008, 04:09 PM

Of course they did. The idea is that Sheik was a bit too powerful. There was no need or reason to even use Zelda in Melee. Hell, if Nintendo wanted two separate characters for Sheik and Zelda guess what they would've done? Created two separate characters for Sheik and Zelda.

It's the same deal with Poke'mon trainer and Samus. You need to get good with all these characters' forms in order to truly progress. They have greater weaknesses then other characters because they completely change their fighting potential mid-fight.

ljkkjlcm9
Apr 23, 2008, 05:04 PM
On 2008-04-23 11:23, eXo wrote:
A good metroid character

(a) http://www.nintendopedia.org/index.php?title=Kraid
(b) http://www.nintendopedia.org/index.php?title=Ridley
(c) http://www.nintendopedia.org/index.php?title=Omega_Pirate

could go on forever but anywayz http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_nono.gif

And last but not least for god sake nintendo samurai goroh should have been a playable character not a stupid assist trophy.

Firstly, Isaac should've been a character well before Samurai Goroh.

Secondly.... Kraid... too big. Ridley... too big. Omega Pirate... too big.

All of the Metroid characters are a lot bigger than Samus, and scaling them down would've destroyed the character if you ask me.

As for most of the other complaints:
Yeah, no real reason to use Shiek... except shiek is better at speed and building up damage in close combat. Zelda is better at killing and ranged combat.

And Sonic. Oh god Sonic. Sonic can dominate the air game. Kinda funny how that works, but he's actually far superior in the air than on the ground.

THE JACKEL

eXo
Apr 23, 2008, 05:21 PM
ZSS is a lot of fun. Biggest disappointment to me is Shiek... Used to be my main char in Melee, but now... all his/her knockback has been nerfed severely...

OMFG thank you i was wondering if it was just that i lost my touch or what but yea shiek is really bad now, the flying smash ability is what made her/him fun and now thats pretty much not an option.

Zorafim
Apr 23, 2008, 05:25 PM
Kraid and Ridley too big? They are just as big as Samus is before they got cloned.
http://www.emulationgalaxy.co.yu/images/edit/metroid/metroid_1.gif
http://lock07.free.fr/Metroid/kraid%20nes.bmp

Mine would have to be Ganon. I'm glad he's in, but... What the hell? He runs like a nerd, his moves are still based off of Captain Falcon, and there isn't even any mention of him existing before Twilight Princess. Trident of Power? Nope. Magic reflectable balls? Nuh-uh. But Epic Backfist of Doom? You'd better believe it!
Who cares if he never used anything remotely like that, or the fact that he never fought hand-to-hand? Who cares that the form used in most of the game he was in isn't even mentioned? He can flying uppercut!

Kent
Apr 23, 2008, 05:27 PM
Sheik is officially female, by the way.

And yes, the adjustment to Sheik was necessary - she was too powerful in Melee for how fast she was. Now, it works out a bit better: Sheik is for racking up damage and taking on the assault, Zelda is for getting those KOs.

eXo
Apr 23, 2008, 05:34 PM
Firstly, Isaac should've been a character well before Samurai Goroh.

Secondly.... Kraid... too big. Ridley... too big. Omega Pirate... too big.

All of the Metroid characters are a lot bigger than Samus, and scaling them down would've destroyed the character if you ask me.

As for most of the other complaints:
Yeah, no real reason to use Shiek... except shiek is better at speed and building up damage in close combat. Zelda is better at killing and ranged combat.

And Sonic. Oh god Sonic. Sonic can dominate the air game. Kinda funny how that works, but he's actually far superior in the air than on the ground.

THE JACKEL
______

I was refering to the original incarnations of kraid & ridley which where not very Big at all, if anything they could have been bowser or king dedede's size, and who cares about isaac i was asking for one of his true arch enemies from fzero samurai goroh !

Randomness
Apr 23, 2008, 07:31 PM
On 2008-04-23 14:09, Sgt_Shligger wrote:

Of course they did. The idea is that Sheik was a bit too powerful. There was no need or reason to even use Zelda in Melee. Hell, if Nintendo wanted two separate characters for Sheik and Zelda guess what they would've done? Created two separate characters for Sheik and Zelda.

It's the same deal with Poke'mon trainer and Samus. You need to get good with all these characters' forms in order to truly progress. They have greater weaknesses then other characters because they completely change their fighting potential mid-fight.

I don't have a problem with Shiek getting weaker, it just seems overdone... Pokemon Trainer... Charizard is a beast. As for Samus, her forms can only be switched by final smash, or a very fast button input (to go to Zero Suit), and thats one-way.

ZSS is easily the most complete of them, with more than enough killing power. (Read:Side+B)

The_Gio
Apr 24, 2008, 12:23 AM
On 2008-04-23 13:51, Sord wrote:

On 2008-04-23 12:04, The_Gio wrote:

no idea what MLG game is, but I agree ganondorg kicks ass. He's my favorite, and if people bothered to learn to use him, he's great. However, I'm still pissed that they didn't give him a truly unique moveset and let me use the GODDAMN SWORD.

Anyways, Zelda may be better, but at the downside Shiek is shit.

Ness just isn't as fun with Lucas around

As Jackel said, the fox characters are indeed diffrent. I play wolf 2nd or 3rd most (tough call between him and R.O.B.) but I fucking hate playing fox and falco.

Sonic, my god the movements, I guess if someone can get it down, great, but imo, GTFO.

Olimar, why oh fucking why. I hated the pikmins games, there is nothing I like about the guy, he seems to have the most bland moves of all but the AI can still be cheap as hell just by throwing the carrot bastards at you. There is a good chance this is me just guzzling haterade, but I'm not to sure.

I still hate yoshi, always have. Though I know he's a good character, I've seen him used well, I just hate the guy.

MLG is major league gaming like professionals,ive only been in some and lost severely in first few rounds,and Olimar is my favorite next to Wario,I never played the pikmin games so i dunno about that,but still Olimar is very good if you know his secrets,like his pikmin getting extra power the more you keep em alive(you can tell by their flower on their head by how old they are) I personally think everyone is great cept for characters I mentioned earlier and shiek was a little off balanced,shes good now tho,that forward A in the air was too strong,and I used to play as sheik and I admit that

Feelmirath
Apr 24, 2008, 12:56 AM
It's still listed as TBA 2008 for Europe, so I'll tell you then. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_disapprove.gif

seph_monkey
Apr 24, 2008, 01:23 AM
lucas and pit are the most newbiest characters imo
sheik is fine SHE is very well balance now and i used her in ssbm. her smash only sux if you do not use it right. it knocks out horizontally so if there is a wall or something behind the opponent do not use it.
omg ganon and cpt.falcon are a hell of alot different and i learned that off of MLG aswell, i perfer ganon ( he is still good in ssbb). i think his sword taunt is pretty cool. he is just saying yeah i got a sword, i dont need.
olimar is very good, to the point where he can be cheap but you need to be smart with him.
i do not like sonic just because his smash is just cheap, i mean pikachus is the same but atleast that takes controlling skill and it doesnt knock out so easy.
lucario is not really that weak and his knock outs are great imo also his aura sphere is very good with high %
i also do not like how samus is slugish now i mean dont get me wrong she was one of the best chars in ssbm , MLG >.>, but i personally am bugged by it. also you do not need to get the smash orb thing or the taunt trick for zero suit. just hold R button (if you are on gc controller) while pressing start in the character select menu.
what i honestly really hate is that they took off mewtwo and roy ( i hate seeing the 100th marth player online ). they could have been made completely unique, i did not realize how great these characters where until MLG aswell.

also does it matter what size the 8-bit character version of the hunters in the old metroid where, unless they decide to make them 8-bit lol

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: seph_monkey on 2008-04-23 23:26 ]</font>

enoch
Apr 24, 2008, 09:25 AM
;o it has to be....link, when Im playing with him I feel like im using a rubber sword...

DEM_CIG
Apr 24, 2008, 09:35 AM
Peach.

Weeaboolits
Apr 24, 2008, 03:40 PM
Lucario, he's not similar enough to Mewtwo to warrant being his replacement. ;(

Also, as Zorafim said, Gannondorf still sucks.

Randomness
Apr 24, 2008, 05:54 PM
Ganondorf:Fear Me!
*Zelda proceeds to spam out Din's Fire to toss Ganondorf like a rag doll*

Yeah... (Dins fire is great, except somehow reflectors block it... It's a freaking explosion...)

Sord
Apr 24, 2008, 06:02 PM
On 2008-04-23 23:23, seph_monkey wrote:
also does it matter what size the 8-bit character version of the hunters in the old metroid where, unless they decide to make them 8-bit lol

I really wouldn't think original size matters to great a deal. Anyone remember kirby's old trophy description?

"A denizen of the far-off, peaceful planet
Pop Star, Kirby became a citizen of Dream Land
after defeating King Dedede. Even though
he's only about eight inches tall, Kirby is
an extremely skilled technician. He has
the ability to absorb the powers of
his enemies, and his elastic body makes him
a versatile adventurer."

Maybe it's just me, but he seems a bit bigger than 8 inches in the game. Especially considering he's the size of jigglypuff, who's pokedex height reads 1ft 8in. So there must be some resizing somewhere along the line.

MetaZedlen
Apr 24, 2008, 06:16 PM
On 2008-04-23 07:29, The_Gio wrote:
Im also disappointed at how much the gameplay slowed down.Yeah its not as fast because they took off "glitches",but honestly when I think about it,all those "glitches" just sped up the game(wave dash)and thats only if you knew how to do it,and even if you did it only helped if you knew how to use it,but even still,you CAN still fall faster,but not to the point where it makes you unpredictable,and also if you know how to time you can keep a person in the air even if they dodge since you cant be unpredictable of where your gonna land.Aside from that i'm pretty happy with everything just some balance issues and just how slow it got.

Well put, I noticed the same thing, this game's engine SUCKS!
I still say that Melee is better for competition...

Randomness
Apr 24, 2008, 06:19 PM
Not to mention all the different sizes of Bowser over the years.

Zorafim
Apr 24, 2008, 06:41 PM
http://images.pcworld.com/reviews/graphics/134551-Super-Mario-Galaxy.jpg
http://content.answers.com/main/content/wp/en/1/13/Bowser_(smb1).png

Bowser's too big to be in Brawl.

DavidNel
Apr 24, 2008, 06:59 PM
No Banjo-Kazooie, so I din't buy the game! Sooo, freaking, mad.

ljkkjlcm9
Apr 24, 2008, 08:04 PM
you people are absurd

Ridley and Kraid since then, have both been made to be Huge. That's one of their DEFINING characteristics. Even in metroid zero mission, the remake of the first one, they were made bigger. Omega Pirate was only in one game, and was huge.

If you can't see this clear difference, then there is no point in even talking to you. Making Kraid or Ridley the size of any of the Smash Bros characters... just makes no sense in my head after playing all the Metroid games. I have no idea how you can even clearly see that in yours.
(this topic of the size of Ridley has been argued countless times. And obviously the game makers believed it was better to have Ridley be a boss in SSE)

THE JACKEL

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: ljkkjlcm9 on 2008-04-24 18:13 ]</font>

Jife_Jifremok
Apr 24, 2008, 11:52 PM
Over the years, old characters become refined, for better or worse. In the case of Metroid bosses and Bowser, they were made much much bigger. In Sonic's case, he turned from a well-respecied silent hero (as most game heroes were at the time) to a douchy embarrassment to gaming. Change is simply what happens over time...ESPECIALLY when dealing with characters whose original versions were oh-so-crude by the standards of today...or perhaps even ten years ago.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Jife_Jifremok on 2008-04-24 21:58 ]</font>

Sexy_Raine
Apr 25, 2008, 01:27 AM
Hey, what's with the Pit hate? I like him. : I will admit, his stage recovery is overpowered. It makes Peach's look like shit. Also he has good speed.

For me Peach was the most disappointing from Melee to Brawl. Her final smash sucks, and all of her (A) smashes got weaker.

Lucas also kills Ness sadly. Lucas is pretty strong.

seph_monkey
Apr 25, 2008, 01:49 AM
it is not that i hate lucas or pit they just seem a little bit newbie to me.
i do not like lucas because he makes ness seem like a slighty more handy-capped version, which is why just use ness. pit i feel kinda cheap if i use him so i just do not. i do not care if other people use them more the challenge to me.

peach is not really that bad, i used her in melee and in brawl personally i do not see much a difference but that is just my style so i dunno. her final smash is useful in team battles, having someone like ike charge an attack right in front of the opponent is always nice.

i just learn to use all characters, did the same in melee. variety is always nice.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: seph_monkey on 2008-04-24 23:53 ]</font>

Sgt_Shligger
Apr 25, 2008, 03:41 PM
On 2008-04-24 18:04, ljkkjlcm9 wrote:
you people are absurd

Ridley and Kraid since then, have both been made to be Huge. That's one of their DEFINING characteristics. Even in metroid zero mission, the remake of the first one, they were made bigger. Omega Pirate was only in one game, and was huge.

If you can't see this clear difference, then there is no point in even talking to you. Making Kraid or Ridley the size of any of the Smash Bros characters... just makes no sense in my head after playing all the Metroid games. I have no idea how you can even clearly see that in yours.
(this topic of the size of Ridley has been argued countless times. And obviously the game makers believed it was better to have Ridley be a boss in SSE)

THE JACKEL

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: ljkkjlcm9 on 2008-04-24 18:13 ]</font>

I'm agreeing with every word on this. If you ever played Super Metroid you'd realize Kraid took up TWO screens. They will NOT resize him that much just to be a character. Ridley was still three times as tall as Samus in Super Metroid.

Bowser has had many sizes over the years so it's excusable that his size is on par with other characters.

eXo
Apr 26, 2008, 04:38 AM
On 2008-04-23 15:25, Zorafim wrote:
Kraid and Ridley too big? They are just as big as Samus is before they got cloned.
http://www.emulationgalaxy.co.yu/images/edit/metroid/metroid_1.gif
http://lock07.free.fr/Metroid/kraid%20nes.bmp

Mine would have to be Ganon. I'm glad he's in, but... What the hell? He runs like a nerd, his moves are still based off of Captain Falcon, and there isn't even any mention of him existing before Twilight Princess. Trident of Power? Nope. Magic reflectable balls? Nuh-uh. But Epic Backfist of Doom? You'd better believe it!
Who cares if he never used anything remotely like that, or the fact that he never fought hand-to-hand? Who cares that the form used in most of the game he was in isn't even mentioned? He can flying uppercut!

First off ice pics of kraid & ripley second i agree with you about how ganor fights so ummmm unganondorf like hahaha

eXo
Apr 26, 2008, 05:13 AM
I'm agreeing with every word on this. If you ever played Super Metroid you'd realize Kraid took up TWO screens. They will NOT resize him that much just to be a character. Ridley was still three times as tall as Samus in Super Metroid.

Bowser has had many sizes over the years so it's excusable that his size is on par with other characters.

Ok i understand your opinions regarding this matter however im pretty sure that was not the reasoning behinds nintendos decision to not have them as playable characters. i mean this is the same group of people that do not allow captain falcon to use a gun while he has one in a holster at all times.

i have played every metroid game and i understand that th characters are way bigger however i seriously doght that thats the

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: eXo on 2008-04-26 03:13 ]</font>

Dre_o
Apr 26, 2008, 08:48 AM
Personally, I don't have any real problems. All the characters have their UPS and DOWNS. Which is the way every good fighting combat game should be.

Oh, also: On Ridley and Kraid. Take a moment and observe Metroid: Zero Mission. Are they Samus sized THEN? No. Thus they wouldn't work. Besides, the fights would draw down to Ridley flying across the stage, attacking with his tail (kinda like what happens in the ACTUAL GAME)

Randomness
Apr 26, 2008, 10:53 AM
No... Ridley would probably be able to glide, but no actual flight...

Do you see Ganondorf tossing a storm of deadly energy balls? (OoT)

Sgt_Shligger
Apr 26, 2008, 12:33 PM
On 2008-04-26 03:13, eXo wrote:

Ok i understand your opinions regarding this matter however im pretty sure that was not the reasoning behinds nintendos decision to not have them as playable characters. i mean this is the same group of people that do not allow captain falcon to use a gun while he has one in a holster at all times.

i have played every metroid game and i understand that th characters are way bigger however i seriously doght that thats the

So you're saying that Ridley and Kraid being so massive ISN'T the reason they weren't included?

You have to understand that characters change over time. Ridley and Kraid have never been Samus's size since their 8-bit birth on the NES. Really, give a good reason Nintendo doesn't want these characters that has nothing to do with size.

Also, from what I recall, Captain Falcon never uses a pistol in any of his games.

eXo
Apr 26, 2008, 12:38 PM
yea which is even more reason for it not to even be their am i rite?

jcm5
Apr 26, 2008, 04:01 PM
olimar dissapointed me i loved pikmin but he just sux

Sgt_Shligger
Apr 26, 2008, 06:27 PM
On 2008-04-26 10:38, eXo wrote:

Just because he doesn't use one doesn't mean he doesn't have one.

*EDIT* Though I'd like to see some of F-zero games and check if he does have that pistol.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sgt_Shligger on 2008-04-26 16:28 ]</font>

eXo
Apr 26, 2008, 08:46 PM
On 2008-04-26 16:27, Sgt_Shligger wrote:

On 2008-04-26 10:38, eXo wrote:

Just because he doesn't use one doesn't mean he doesn't have one.

*EDIT* Though I'd like to see some of F-zero games and check if he does have that pistol.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sgt_Shligger on 2008-04-26 16:28 ]</font>

Ok now we are starting to lose logic here, clearly he wants to use one otherwise he wouldntbe able to pick up the starfox guns etc.../shrug anyway lets just drop it and call it a wash back on to my original topic.

im disappointed in R.O.B hes smash should have been something revolving around gyromite =)

ljkkjlcm9
Apr 27, 2008, 02:57 PM
in game cutscenes from F-zero GX

http://cubemedia.ign.com/cube/image/fzerogx_061203_x11_640w.jpg
http://cubemedia.ign.com/cube/image/fzerogx_061203_x9_640w.jpg
ROB would be disappointing, except he's better than I expected him to be.

THE JACKEL

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: ljkkjlcm9 on 2008-04-27 12:58 ]</font>

Zorafim
Apr 27, 2008, 03:21 PM
Sheesh. With those legs, I'm surprised Falcon Kick doesn't do more damage than Falcon Punch.

Sord
Apr 27, 2008, 07:16 PM
On 2008-04-26 08:53, Randomness wrote:
Do you see Ganondorf tossing a storm of deadly energy balls? (OoT)

didn't the phantom Ganon do that? in the Poe dungeon I think. Can't remember.

On 2008-04-27 12:57, ljkkjlcm9 wrote:
ROB would be disappointing, except he's better than I expected him to be.

Yeah, I thought R.O.B. was gonna suck horribly when I heard they were gonna use him. Now he's right next to Ganondorf as my favorite.

Sgt_Shligger
Apr 28, 2008, 03:53 PM
R.O.B.'s final smash is god-like. I love this smash and the only thing I'd take in it's place is the equivalent of a Samus Zero Laser. Anything short of that and it's a no go. His final smash is so easy to get damage with.

PhotonDrop
Apr 28, 2008, 05:33 PM
Personally I'm content with the game. Just a little disappointed with all the LANDMASTER. I could swear Falco said he didn't like the Landmaster in Star Fox 64. Though I'm not going to be like other weirdo people and be mad my favorite obscure 3rd party character wasn't included.

Kanju
Apr 30, 2008, 03:52 PM
Oddly enough, Yoshi. They finally make him better, and I go from a beast with Yoshi to utter crap. On that same note, I'm as good with Peach as I've ever been, even though they nerfed some of her strongest moves in Melee.

eXo
Apr 30, 2008, 03:56 PM
yoshi did need a nerf ... i remember one time i was running the table ay my local ebgames and then i walks this scrub and he pwned me with yoshi he won 3/5 ...

Weeaboolits
Apr 30, 2008, 05:51 PM
On 2008-04-30 13:52, Kanju wrote:
Oddly enough, Yoshi. They finally make him better, and I go from a beast with Yoshi to utter crap. On that same note, I'm as good with Peach as I've ever been, even though they nerfed some of her strongest moves in Melee.I disliked the change to Peach Bomb, I liked the kapow. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

Zorafim
Apr 30, 2008, 05:57 PM
On 2008-04-28 15:33, PhotonDrop wrote:
I could swear Falco said he didn't like the Landmaster in Star Fox 64.

He also says that in brawl, every time he uses it.

PhotonDrop
Apr 30, 2008, 06:09 PM
On 2008-04-30 15:57, Zorafim wrote:

On 2008-04-28 15:33, PhotonDrop wrote:
I could swear Falco said he didn't like the Landmaster in Star Fox 64.

He also says that in brawl, every time he uses it.

Which is stupid, really. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

eXo
May 1, 2008, 03:00 AM
On a sad but brighter note after playing with toon link i no longer want to play with my old favorites zelda 7 link as much anymore toon link is just so fun and well rounded.

SStrikerR
May 1, 2008, 06:03 AM
On 2008-04-23 11:18, Seority wrote:
P S
I H
T I
. T

did u c wut i did der? I made a funny!

Rashiid
May 1, 2008, 06:32 AM
Word search! My favorite!

The_Gio
May 1, 2008, 11:34 AM
On 2008-05-01 01:00, eXo wrote:
On a sad but brighter note after playing with toon link i no longer want to play with my old favorites zelda 7 link as much anymore toon link is just so fun and well rounded.

lol well rounded? wooo thats funny well rounded...im just glad hes light, i guess they did that for balance,but even still it doesnt seem like enough

eXo
May 1, 2008, 12:42 PM
By round rounded i dont mean not over powered i mean that he has just about as much speed as sheik and alsomost as much power as link their for why dont have to pick my poison as often i just pick toon link hahahaha.

eXo
May 1, 2008, 12:43 PM
On 2008-05-01 10:42, eXo wrote:
By round rounded i dont mean not over powered i mean that he has just about as much speed as sheik and alsomost as much power as link therefore i dont have to pick my poison as often i just pick toon link hahahaha.

eXo
May 1, 2008, 12:44 PM
I tell you one thing Pit's defense is awesome versus toon link .......

The_Gio
May 1, 2008, 01:37 PM
dam man 3 posts in a row?lol before this turns into a conversation instead of it being a discussion, your posts confuses,I mean i know im stupid but it took me a while to get,so what your saying is by well rounded you mean hes over powered,and that you know that so you just pick toon link? is that right? >.>

eXo
May 2, 2008, 04:14 AM
No thats not what i mean i mean exactly what i said which is toon Link has just about as much speed as sheik and almost as much power as link therefore i dont have to pick my poison as often there are other players that when played correctly they are just as fast and powerful as link, samus, captain falcon come to mind.

Every character has something close to a counter character imo SSBB doesnt have overpowered characters it's either that youre just underpowered with the one that you use or simply are getting outplayed. Im my case i needed someone who could chase down the faster characters.

stukasa
May 2, 2008, 05:47 PM
I was a little disappointed in Sheik and Peach since I used them sometimes in Melee. I like using Zero Suit Samus though. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Also,

On 2008-04-24 18:04, ljkkjlcm9 wrote:
you people are absurd

THE JACKEL

http://i26.tinypic.com/mry910.jpg

eXo
May 2, 2008, 07:21 PM
=(

Weeaboolits
May 2, 2008, 09:52 PM
They could always shrink Ridley down a bit, like Sord said, they made Kirby bigger.

Probly not Kraid, though, he was obscenely huge in Melee.

Also, is it just me or is Zelda's transformation slower than in Melee? I don't like it.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ronin_Cooper on 2008-05-02 19:53 ]</font>

eXo
May 3, 2008, 04:50 PM
Yes her transormation is about 2 seconds slower now i guess this was implemented so that players would have a cahnce to interupt your transformation. however after the intial delay she gains a one second immunity to attack :shrug: her third jump has also recieved a 1 second activation delay so she falls just enough to prevent her from teleporting up to some of the previous platforms that she once reached with no problem. However it appears that sheiks jump range recieved a slight radius increase to offset this nerf.