PDA

View Full Version : Solo viable types?

Iredore
Apr 24, 2008, 07:20 PM
What types out there are very solo viable, or, your off-type that you may even change to so you can hunt your S-rank boards?

I'm currently a ForteGunner, and find myself pretty weak when I see other types dish out damage. Maybe it's the fact that my bullets aren't too high yet to notice a difference... I ususally just change to AF to do my hunting spamming Chikki-Lol. Put that'll be fixed tomorrow, so looking for some alternatives that would be better than a ForteGunner.

Anyways, which types are superior to solo or duo with a friend? Which PAs do you use in conjunction to make your runs go fast with that type?

chalka
Apr 24, 2008, 07:46 PM
Fortefighter, Acrofighter, and Fighgunner are all pretty good for soloing.

fortefighter deals the raw power and can blow through most missions. dus majarra is used by most, but i really like using rising crush and renzan seshou-ga. if you have the patience to level it, anga dugrega is great for the axe.

acrofighter will be harder to solo with since you wont have chikki spam, but chikki is still a nice long distance attack even with the nerf, plus you get cards, twin handguns, and speedy one hand PAs at your disposal. acrofighters can still be a good soloing class.

fighgunner now gets s-rank twin handguns which is very nice. they also get a-rank spears for dus majarra and a-rank claws for renzan. you also have s-rank twin sabers for rising crush or cross hurricane and you get double sabers. tornado dance is alot of fun and a good soloing PA.

GreenArcher
Apr 24, 2008, 07:53 PM
We must be talking about two different fortegunner classes. I solo at high speed http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_cool.gif

...though yeah you do need high bullet levels to be a strong fortegunner. Make sure you have high leveled shotguns and crossbows, and be sure to bring a dagger/saber/spear with you. Also, Fortegunners can tear through Desert Goliath and Grove of Fanatics like it's nobody's business.

Zorafim
Apr 24, 2008, 08:06 PM
All of them. Once you get decent job and PA levels, and enough skill with said job, you should be good to go with any class, really.

dc534
Apr 24, 2008, 10:19 PM
I agree with decent job and bullets you can solo as fast as any fighter class as a gunner. The shotgun might as well be a melee weapon with the sick damage it does, I recently fell in love with the dual pistols as well. It is tough to solo as a gunner class with weak bullets, it goes the same for fortetecher and such. Once you get your bullets lvled though it is well worth the effort. Gunners is a job of patience, I play Protranser because I like the feel of gunners but still like to knock things around every once in a while, you may want to consider this class, I mean if you like heavy equipment and can afford traps this class turned into one of the best classes in the expansion.

I say give PT a try you will be helpful from lvl 8 PT on, they are very weak at the start but once you reach lvl8 you become quite powerful.

JFKdj
Apr 24, 2008, 11:03 PM
I solo most of the time on my Fortetecher and Fortegunner with no problems.

Dark Emerald EXE
Apr 25, 2008, 01:04 AM
Saw my friend can solo True Darkness in 5 minutes( not countin the boss) using Rising Fury 40 and killer shot 31

i was like wtf..........

darkante
Apr 25, 2008, 01:40 AM
On 2008-04-24 23:04, Charger89 wrote:
Saw my friend can solo True Darkness in 5 minutes( not countin the boss) using Rising Fury 40 and killer shot 31

i was like wtf..........

I´m going also WTF on the reason on why he uses Killer Shot on True Darkness unless robots has magically appeared? =O

panzer_unit
Apr 25, 2008, 08:18 AM
Robots aren't the only low-STA enemies, just the most annoying to deal with by any other means.

All the jobs I've tried so far are fairly solo-friendly. No matter who you are you can plow through 90% of what's in a mission with ease... that last little bit can make a big difference though; how well you can pile damage on flying bosses, what attacks you have for taking on 3 Svaltus at a time, stuff like that.

My preferences as solo classes are Protranser and Wartecher. For starters the variety of skills and weapons they've got makes them a lot less monotonous to play, in terms of performance they don't do the easy stuff as quickly but they'll plow through tricky fights without breaking a sweat thanks to stuff like bows for boss fights or cheesy terrain abuse, EX traps / Tech damage, and powerful melee weapons.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: panzer_unit on 2008-04-25 06:29 ]</font>

Winter_of_uno
Apr 26, 2008, 01:28 PM
Yes, PT's glory is in the fact that he can deal with any situation. He's not the melee king like an FF and not the marksman like an fG but he can deal with bullet and melee resistant mobs quite well.

Hrith
Apr 26, 2008, 01:41 PM
#1 Fortegunner
#2 Fortegunner
#3 Fortegunner
#4 Fortegunner
#5 Fortegunner
#6 Fortefighter

Other classes don't solo that well.

MrNomad
Apr 26, 2008, 04:27 PM
On 2008-04-26 11:41, Hrith wrote:
#1 Fortegunner
#2 Fortegunner
#3 Fortegunner
#4 Fortegunner
#5 Fortegunner
#6 Fortefighter

Other classes don't solo that well.

I beg to differ, but since this is you I'm arguing to I'll save me some trouble and just say I win http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

BigshowPat
Apr 26, 2008, 08:11 PM
When I was a Fortefighter I always had trouble soloing. When I switched to Protranser I had no problem.

I will recommend this though that will help greatly...use the NPCs, especially Alfort Tylor or Bruce. Tylor will nanoblast quite often and Bruce will deal out damage and heal.

Also, a good PM that heals helps tons as well. It really keeps me from having to use a lot of dimates and trimates.

MSAksion
May 1, 2008, 04:13 PM
The best to handle solo is the GUNTECHER. The ultimate in self sufficient long range.

All the guns in the game minus of course Grenades no big loss. Level 40 bullets and level 30 support healing.

Use rifles for knockdown and DOT. Use shottie and laser for DPS. Use Xbox Mgun and Twin pistol for mobilty. Use Cards for flyiers.

Just stay moving and safe and guntecher can easily take on any mission. enemies are bullet resistant use tech or saber/knife melee.

Criss
May 1, 2008, 07:47 PM
I'd say the best class for soloing is GT. It might have lower ATP, but the teching part more than makes up for it.

GTs' best weapons allow strafing, which allows you to continually fire at enemies without needing to stop shooting to dodge attacks. You can also keep yourself buffed at all times and (Gi)resta allows you to heal up without having to rely on mates. Plus, with the new atk tech boost GTs just got, you can now use techs to easily deal with bullet-resistant enemies.

Use xbows for close-range damage and SE spread, cards for great damage on more resistant enemies and those that move around a lot, twin handguns to quickly and accurately shoot farther targets or 1st-person needs, mguns for mowing down through low-def enemies, and lasers for packs of enemies. Shotguns and rifles are also good for damage, but I personally dislike the lack of strafing while shooting, especially when soloing.

Genoa
May 1, 2008, 08:20 PM
Protranser by far, for me at least, has been the easiest class to solo with. EX Traps combined with my extremely versatile weapon selection? You can handle practically any situation. Their downfall, which is what turns most people away from PT (their statistics...) is not even a hindrance if you know what weapons you should be using and what traps and when you should use them.

Legendria
May 1, 2008, 09:22 PM
On 2008-05-01 14:13, MSAksion wrote:

Use rifles for knockdown and DOT. Use shottie and laser for DPS. Use Xbox Mgun and Twin pistol for mobilty. Use Cards for flyiers.

lalz

Kerry157
May 1, 2008, 09:34 PM
Acrotecher!