PDA

View Full Version : lol. Top 500 killers get the Spread Needle/G

Broodstar1337
Apr 25, 2008, 07:11 AM
Smooth move, Sega. Award the Fortefighter class more for PRESS Y TO WIN LOL with a weapon they can't even use.

Ryna
Apr 25, 2008, 07:16 AM
The kill board doesn't work like that. Whenever the mission ends, each player's kill count will increase by whatever amount the team killed during the mission.

Broodstar1337
Apr 25, 2008, 07:17 AM
On 2008-04-25 05:16, Ryna wrote:
The kill board doesn't work like that. Whenever the mission ends, each player's kill count will increase by whatever amount the team killed during the mission.

So in other words, Fighters are still the ones killing everyone the fastest. Okay.

Scrub
Apr 25, 2008, 11:23 AM
So why don't you go fighter.

And if you are, why are you complaining.

panzer_unit
Apr 25, 2008, 11:37 AM
On 2008-04-25 05:17, Broodstar1337 wrote:
So in other words, Fighters are still the ones killing everyone the fastest. Okay.

Gunners in C rank?

CelestialBlade
Apr 25, 2008, 02:00 PM
You'd be amazed how efficiently Laser Cannons can clear whole rooms now.

ljkkjlcm9
Apr 25, 2008, 04:03 PM
it just awards whoever plays the most, regardless of class. A team with 3 fighters and one techer. But the techer plays more often with other random groups... the techer will have more kills. Everyone on the team gets credit for all the kills so yeah. You could effectively be part of a group and not hit a single enemy, and still get credit for every kill.

THE JACKEL

Randomness
Apr 25, 2008, 04:54 PM
I wish it was some kind of kills threshold... I fear they'll all go to people playing day in and day out...

Nai_Calus
Apr 25, 2008, 05:10 PM
Slicers have gotten the nerfbat since, but during JP's MAG the preferred method and team was four L130 Beast Fortefighters with Slicers spamming the fuck out of Chikki and doing multiple repeated C runs. This would often stop at Mines even after Ruins came out, simply because Forest-Mines would be cleared two or so minutes before the door to Ruins even opened.

And yes. They went to people who marathoned like all fucking hell, and Chinese farmers. When me and another of the importers were giving a flying fuck about staying high up in the rankings, we would spam straight for 24 hours or more and then sleep for a few hours and then another 24 hour...

In a way, the US version's smaller population is a blessing for you guys.

MrNomad
Apr 25, 2008, 11:27 PM
On 2008-04-25 05:11, Broodstar1337 wrote:
Smooth move, Sega. Award the Fortefighter class more for PRESS Y TO WIN LOL with a weapon they can't even use.

It's not like a spreed needle is even that strong (it's stats are alittle lower than other S shotguns) and personally, it looks dumb to me < <

darkante
Apr 26, 2008, 07:15 AM
I think Spread/Needle looks awesome for a shotgun but..
I play this game for fun, iīm not playing it 24/7 to get a remote chance to get the weapon.

Itīs just a freaking item. God.
After you have used it a little while, then you probably realise.."Ohh why the fuck did i waste all this time for one freaking item when i could have actually enjoyed the event and not play like itīs a full time job commitment!"

Powder Keg
Apr 26, 2008, 09:57 AM
Nothing like making a topic without knowing jack shit...

thunder-ray
Apr 26, 2008, 03:38 PM
Im not even bothering to get the spread needle in this event. Im only using the event to lvl my alts real quick before it ends.

Kylie
Apr 26, 2008, 04:32 PM
It's like whatever to me. Mostly because I don't care about the gun, and it doesn't bother me if people want to do something like this. However, I think it would've been a million times better if ST put the ranks by rank somehow. I feel sorry for the people that are doing this and will do mostly C for the next three weeks. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif also, glad it's not me =D

Para
Apr 26, 2008, 05:24 PM
Fighters clear C rank fast? I would be more annoyed over the 3 newmans I got hanging in my party blowing up shit before I can touch it XD.

Schubalts
Apr 27, 2008, 06:42 PM
On 2008-04-25 15:10, Ian-KunX wrote:
In a way, the US version's smaller population is a blessing for you guys.

Combined leaderboard for both NA/EU servers. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

amtalx
Apr 28, 2008, 07:52 AM
On 2008-04-25 21:27, MrNomad wrote:

On 2008-04-25 05:11, Broodstar1337 wrote:

It's not like a spreed needle is even that strong (it's stats are alittle lower than other S shotguns) and personally, it looks dumb to me < <

Its only weaker when there are no grinds. Even a handful of grinds makes is vastly superior to the current S ranks with teh same number of grinds.

Also, from what I have seen, fighters are the some of the slowest to clear on C...which is pretty much what you have do to get high on the leaderboards, haha.

Sol_B4dguy
Apr 28, 2008, 09:51 AM
I was ticked for a moment, then realized that I never had a goal related to the leaderboards anyhow.

It does stink that one of the better "PSO Nostalgia" weapons are going to people with practically no life though. At least I still have my Desta.