PDA

View Full Version : Roaches.

Leviathan
Apr 26, 2008, 11:25 AM
Whe they die why do they turn over?

This has always confused me. ._.

Alamar
Apr 26, 2008, 12:37 PM
GAH!!! I just wish they would die. I can't stand to look at the nasty things.

Zorafim
Apr 26, 2008, 02:31 PM
I think it may be a muscle reflex. Notice how their legs curl up. This would cause them to turn over, because there's no flat surface for them to stand on.

As for why the muscles cause them to curl their legs like that, it may because there is no longer brain control to support the muscles. Perhaps that position is how the joints prefer being in.

Heh, when I was younger, I thought they were "Cacaroches," because they were made out of poop. I wouldn't let any of them get on me. Not that that's change, or anything...
Man, I have to get some more spiders to make sure there aren't any roaches left in this house...

Frana
Apr 26, 2008, 02:32 PM
Mabey it's their soul escping their body like in Animal Crossing.

AlexCraig
Apr 26, 2008, 02:36 PM
I went to a friend's house one night ages ago. The only safe place was his bed, and my brother claimed that. So I had to sleep on the ugly couch while my friend and another friend of his had to sleep on the floor. It was a horrible night.

On topic, I think Zora's right about it being a muscle reflex.

ABDUR101
Apr 26, 2008, 03:15 PM
Never had roaches, but then we've got plenty of other creepy-crawlies in the house that would eat the little bitches.

Wood roaches however, you'll see one of them every so often; those fuckers make regular roaches look like nothing. I was on the computer one night last summer and this two inch long wood roach jumped and flew on my soda can, was just setting there watching me. I had my TV remote in-hand, and he no more than hopped and landed on my desk and I had the flat of my remote on his ass dead center.

Roaches suck, but what makes me shiver with disgust are centipedes.

Wyndham
Apr 26, 2008, 06:23 PM
I have not seen a single roach since I moved back to Pennsylvania. and it's been over 3 years.

Monochrome
Apr 26, 2008, 07:04 PM
In the apartment I used to live in we had cockroach-highways going up and down the walls. Ever tried hitting a roach with a shoe when you have 20 ft high vaulted ceilings?

Skuda
Apr 27, 2008, 01:40 AM
glad I've never seen roaches up here in canada land... but I'm sure they exist ;<