PDA

View Full Version : Double Saber vs Twin Dagger vs Twin Saber

Ragna_Divide
Apr 26, 2008, 09:11 PM
It seems as if Double Saber has - overall - the best stats. I don't miss much, so the boost of ATA from Twin Daggers doesn't seem too useful given the massive drop in damage listed on the weapon, but I'm not very familiar with the mechanics of PSU. Could anyone elaborate on why one might go for Twin Daggers or Twin Sabers? I'm currently a Fighgunner, for the record.

Thanks.

> Also, darn the Walker Line for making Nightwalkers broken. >_>

Zorafim
Apr 26, 2008, 09:26 PM
Basically, weapons are only as useful as the PA you have for them. Weapons with good PAs are useful to have, while weapons with poor PAs have no reason to be with you. Twin daggers are good because they provide fast hits, and relatively good damage. They're pretty useful weapons overall. Twin sabers, from what I hear, are great for damage, and aren't too slow.

Basically, find the PAs you think you'd want, and build your palette based on those. Double Sabers, though useful, can't get you through every situation.

SonicTMP
Apr 26, 2008, 10:10 PM
Double saber = power
Twin saber = balance
Twin daggers = speed

This is what I see from playing mainly as a figunner. Double sabers are more or less the Axe of the figunner. Other than gravity dance the other PA's are very powerful but hard to hit with.

Twin daggers offer speed (so much easier to JA with twin daggers than double) with a great circular PA and others that can move you around the field fast.

Twin sabers are more toss up and knock back but don't really hit as hard as double or as fast as daggers. So thus more balanced.

Ragna_Divide
Apr 26, 2008, 10:16 PM
Thanks http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif I'll try out the others and see how they work for me.

beatrixkiddo
Apr 26, 2008, 11:51 PM
Switch Twin sabers with Double sabers in that post and I agree.

Ahkaskar
Apr 27, 2008, 12:48 AM
Agreed. Damage with Twin Sabers can be significant. I'd consider the Double Sabers to be more "multiple target" than "balance," as well. Though, I suppose that's more a question to be determined by which PA you're using.

Hrith
Apr 27, 2008, 06:02 AM
Double sabers bury the other types in usefulness, but weapon types do not oppose one another, PAs do.

Double sabers have the most versatile and most powerful PAs by far.
Cross Hurricane, Assault Crush, Hishou Jinren-zan, Moubu Seiren-zan are still very useful skills.

If Fighgunner is an important job for you, you should definitely concentrate on getting high % double sabers, first, other weapons are not as important.