PDA

View Full Version : Jabroga

KiiLoo
Apr 27, 2008, 12:12 PM
I am about to buy Anga Jabroga, and now am having second thoughts. Is it really worth it? Do you use it? why?

thanks

Hrith
Apr 27, 2008, 12:36 PM
It's the most powerful melee PA in the game, that's a good reason enough.

Also, Anga Jabroga ignores EVP, which makes up for the abysmal ATA of some axe users.

Anga Jabroga is 80% of the damage of a Fortefighter, not using it means being really weak (compared to those who do use it).

Bear in mind, though, that this skill gains a lot of ATP per level, so you won't see the huge benefit of it until Lv35+

It levels up quite fast, but it's very annoying to level up.

Zorafim
Apr 27, 2008, 12:49 PM
It's definitely a really useful PA. I think Hrith is overestimating its power a bit, bit it's worth the PA frags and the time spent leveling it up

MrNomad
Apr 27, 2008, 01:43 PM
I'd say go for it. It's crap for soloing and against certain enemies you'll just be target practice but it's the strongest pa out there followed by Absolute, which means great for smaller teams and as a boss killer. Just remember: both pas need extensive lvling before they get their huge numbarz, plus alittle knowhow.

biggabertha
Apr 27, 2008, 03:51 PM
Upsides to Anga Jabroga:

You deal a LOT of damage for just 58PP/60PP and even more if you Just Attack it.
You kill things in one hit.
You cut down the time it takes to kill non-melee resistant bosses to a minute or so.

Downsides of Anga Jabroga:

Annoying to level
Gets cancelled easily
It's pathetic until around Lv. 30 and insane when it's Lv. 40
YOU ALWAYS GET CANCELLED OUT OF IT WHEN SOMETHING STOMPS THE GROUND BUT YOU'RE IN THE AIR

Also, for some reason, enemies run away from you when you use this move. While it's easier to just Shotgun them or use another melee weapon, it's nowhere near as satisfying as taking them out in one hit.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: biggabertha on 2008-04-27 13:53 ]</font>

KiiLoo
Apr 27, 2008, 09:57 PM
Thanks everyone. I just bought it earlier tonight and i love the feel of it. It really does work great in a party of 3 or more, and on decent sized mobs. I hope the ATP mod increases a bit though.

Hrith
Apr 28, 2008, 12:13 AM
On 2008-04-27 10:49, Zorafim wrote:
I think Hrith is overestimating its power a bit, bit it's worth the PA frags and the time spent leveling it upSee TA vids >_>

Ahkaskar
Apr 28, 2008, 01:34 AM
When I finally got it, I rather enjoyed it. I mean, mine is still under level 20, but it's pretty cool. When I work with my friend while he plays his Acrofighter, I can really put it to use. Mobs will try to gather around him, which is perfect timing and placement for a well-aimed Jabroga.

Jakosifer
Apr 28, 2008, 09:51 AM
At lvl 30-40 its quite godly, it'll be annoying to level sure, but once you get it up there in levels it'll be your new best friend.

KiiLoo
Apr 28, 2008, 09:56 AM
On 2008-04-28 07:51, Lakjosmaysa wrote:
At lvl 30-40 its quite godly, it'll be annoying to level sure, but once you get it up there in levels it'll be your new best friend.

thats what he said

Drowsii
Apr 29, 2008, 09:56 AM
whats the fastest way of leveling it? and for all the smart ass's out their, any other ways besides spaming it

KiiLoo
Apr 29, 2008, 10:00 AM
On 2008-04-29 07:56, Drowsii wrote:
whats the fastest way of leveling it? and for all the smart ass's out their, any other ways besides spaming it

spam it.

relentless
Apr 29, 2008, 11:22 AM
On 2008-04-29 07:56, Drowsii wrote:

Aside from just spamming it (well, it doesn't lvl too slowly for an axe PA at all in general and it'll be even easier once the PA experience rebalance comes in effect so yeah http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif ) I'd suggest spamming it with non-ice or the best is fire axes (I recommend Yohmei Axes obviously) on De Ragan's tail.
Or well, you can do this on other bosses, too, but the best is to use it on De Ragan, De Ragnus or Zoalgoug with the same elements or at least not the vice versa elements on their tails.

Zorafim
Apr 29, 2008, 11:44 AM
It seems like, when you unlock fighmaster, you can use it fast enough to use as an opening attack against mobs before switching to a quicker weapon. If you do this every time there is a mob gathered together, it probably won't take long to level.
The other way, as mentioned, is doing Plains Overlord with a 7* yohmei fire axe, using jabroga the whole way through. Just spam the PA against the dragon.

When does this PA become WTFHAX again? I recently got it to 29, so it should start picking up, right?

KiiLoo
Apr 29, 2008, 12:09 PM
yeah, as Figh Master you can open JA attack on a mob faster than a FF just straight away attacking