PDA

View Full Version : Spiral Dance vs. Gravity Dance vs. Absolute Dance

Egg99
Apr 28, 2008, 12:53 AM
So I was enjoying myself some MAG earlier tonight, and I ended up partying with another Figger who had a couple different Double Sabers. I was using Absolute Dance, and he was using Gravity and Spiral Dance. Then I got to thinking: which one is, overall, better?

I have Gravity Dance at 24, but I bought Absolute once I had enough frags and I've been using it ever since. I did a search but didn't find any direct comparison between the three PAs, so for all the uneducated Figgers out there like myself, can anyone give a little rundown of which is the best all-around PA to use?

Zorafim
Apr 28, 2008, 12:58 AM
Spiral. Considering how many PAs I've used as a fortefighter, I haven't seen anything at all that preforms like Spiral.

Turb0
Apr 28, 2008, 01:02 AM
I haven't been FiG in a while but I have gravity at 29, absolute at 12, and spiral at 40. Gravity dance is good if a lot of enemies are surrounding you, but spiral dance's power, mostly on the 3rd part, had me using it most of the time. I never really got into absolute dance for whatever reason.

gryphonvii
Apr 28, 2008, 01:03 AM
spiral is my fav

Reginaldo
Apr 28, 2008, 01:09 AM
Spiral outperforms the others, I have all 3 PA's capped.

Absolute is alot of fun to use but Spiral is way more useful.

mvffin
Apr 28, 2008, 01:13 AM
Spiral>Absolute>Normal Attack>Gravity

Ashkahn
Apr 28, 2008, 01:13 AM
Get Tornado Dance and use it all the time. Especially in parties.

People will love you for it. Trust me.

Zorafim
Apr 28, 2008, 01:15 AM
On 2008-04-27 23:13, Ashkahn wrote:

Don't do it! You'll have to spend more PP to use it for transportation when you become a Fighmaster!

Rasputin
Apr 28, 2008, 01:18 AM
On 2008-04-27 23:13, Ashkahn wrote:

Listen to this man.

But srsly, Spiral>Absolute>Gravity>Norm>Tornado. In parties. Soloing, Tornado has some use. SOME.

Dein
Apr 28, 2008, 01:26 AM
If you're looking for an all around generally good Double Saber PA it'll be Absolute Dance. It's got 430%:340%:480% atp mods by lvl 40 for its combos, the second part of it has a launch effect for every hit, and it has the most combined amount of hits of all the double saber PAs. Basically if you're dealing with a group of medium or smaller enemies you can use the first two parts of AD to keep them stunned and together while getting good damage off (not to mention being able to get in normal swings for PP while they get up), and against Boss monsters and large enemies you can use the full PA to get out a lot of damage. The only downside to AD is its speed which isn't really that bad when you get used to it.

Spiral Dance is fast to execute but it suffers from a lot of knock away hits in the last 2 parts of the PA making it hard to keep smaller enemies together. I'd say it's effective more as keeping large enemies stun locked due to its speed but it's more situational than AD.

Broodstar1337
Apr 28, 2008, 01:58 AM
Tornado Dance.

SonicTMP
Apr 28, 2008, 02:30 AM
I still have touble hitting part 3 on spiral, I kick stuff away too much. Absolute is a pain in the ass to level to 11 but once I got there it's been alot of fun. Gravity is ok but I prefer the twin dagger/saber AoE's. Tornado sucks.

Thrash777
Apr 28, 2008, 05:19 AM
Spiral Dance seems to be the best to me, and to everyone else I play with.

Hrith
Apr 28, 2008, 06:28 AM
Absolute Dance is by far the most powerful, but it's kinda hard to reach the maximum potential on regular monsters. Destroys bosses.

Second is Tornado Dance, which is best used on big monsters with two weak spots like Polavohra, Gainozeros, Grass Assassin, etc.

Third is Spiral Dance, which has an incredible ATP mod on the last part. It's a great PA, but the heavy knockback makes it hard to use on small things.

Gravity Dance has the lowest DPS, but it's still awesome for killing small stuff. No knockback is a major plus in parties.

panzer_unit
Apr 28, 2008, 09:14 AM
I'm not sure how good some of these really long ultimate PA's are... it seems like you can get through two regular PA's in the same amount of time for equal or better damage.

KiiLoo
Apr 28, 2008, 09:31 AM
Tornado Dance

dc534
Apr 28, 2008, 12:08 PM
spiral is by far the best I have used thus far, tornado dance is to much like bogga zubba with better distance. I feel you get the same thing using bogga zubba except the enemies fly up instead of all directions. I really love spiral once I got it to 21 I just could not stop using it, although it knocks enemies away with that third part it knocks them linear to you and not everywhere. I love double sabers now but I also like all the other weapons we get to use, especially those double sabers, which have some of the best selection for pa's in my oppinion.

Hrith
Apr 28, 2008, 01:10 PM
On 2008-04-28 07:14, panzer_unit wrote:
I'm not sure how good some of these really long ultimate PA's are... it seems like you can get through two regular PA's in the same amount of time for equal or better damage.Well, for some, you cannot.

Absolute Dance is not that long, anyway, because you should not use the third part, so you use 1, 2, 1, 2, 1, 2, 1, 2, 1, 2...

Same with Ikk Hikk, it's so powerful, that even the 19 seconds (less on AF) it takes to use is worth it -- assuming you are in a situation where you won't be canceled, or have enough targets to maximize that damage (that is the hard part, the length or speed of the PA is not the problem).

Cross Hurricane is also more powerful than most PAs.

Renga Chujin-shou and Chuei Jitotsushin are not more powerful than other PAs of the same weapon types, htough.

Alisha
May 2, 2008, 12:33 PM
i personally think absolute is trash,however i value effectiveness over damage so: Spiral > Gravity and tornado is situational.

MrNomad
May 2, 2008, 02:13 PM
Spiral-Absolute-Gravity-nomal-Tornado

Libram
May 2, 2008, 02:35 PM
Spiral is great against Bears and Kagis because it causes them to stumble on the first hit, and you won't have to worry about them spinning you into oblivion.

Tornado is great against anything else large and annoying, especially the Komatoze and Gainazeros that don't fly very far when knocked over.

Gravity is useful for small and medium enemies because it gives you a circular attack that doesn't leave your targets much room to counter. The final hit gives nice damage, and unlike every other D-Saber skill it doesn't throw them every which way.

Absolute is awesome if you can manage to get past that first charge up hit. It has great crowd control that is as useful as Rising Crush and Bogga Zubba. And this is coming from someone who only has it at Lv 12.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Libram on 2008-05-03 11:24 ]</font>