PDA

View Full Version : Mag: If you're not spamming C runs you're a selfish prick.

Sekani
Apr 28, 2008, 01:06 PM
I'm not gonna waste my time debating anything; either you agree with the title of this post or you don't.

If you agree, I hate your guts and hope Sega screws up billing your account so you can't play for a week. Then you die in a fire.

If you don't agree, enjoy your event free from the stress of "community" expectations.

Now if you'll excuse me, I'm off to purify Neudaiz.

enoch
Apr 28, 2008, 01:07 PM
I kinda just stroll through the missions....on A, enjoying pso scenery

McLaughlin
Apr 28, 2008, 01:31 PM
On 2008-04-28 11:06, Sekani wrote:

Priceless.

Funny thing about that though, is that if you ARE spamming C runs, you have no life.

Seority
Apr 28, 2008, 02:05 PM
I'm slightly sad that lots of good players who've returned to PSU are doing just that and not really enjoying the game with others anymore. A couple of my friends are sucked into that and it's not fun without them :<
I don't agree nor disagree to your statment Sekani.

amtalx
Apr 28, 2008, 02:12 PM
On 2008-04-28 11:31, Obsidian_Knight wrote:

Priceless.

Funny thing about that though, is that if you ARE spamming C runs, you have no life.

This is EXACTLY why I dropped out of the #1 spot, haha. There's just way too much "you're a loser" and "get a life". I have bills and a full time job, just like everyone else.

Zarode
Apr 28, 2008, 02:37 PM
Then what would happen, if, per say, everyone did their kills fairly, and stayed on the difficulty that they were suppose to do. Then what of the person in first place? Don't you dare say they wouldn't be called a loser, or a person with no life. Don't you even freakin' start a counter argument, because you KNOW, just as well, that I am very correct in this situation. There is nothing you can do about it. Just be glad that the points go back to us, and we get more unlockables.

Sure, I don't like it. And sure, I would love a Spread Needle/G, but you don't see me getting all worked up for ABSOLUTELY NOTHING.

You people fail and greatly disappointed me. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_disapprove.gif

Anduril
Apr 28, 2008, 02:40 PM
Gib rarz. NAO!

But seriously the most creative rant I have seen in a while, and I totally agree (or is it disagree) with what Sekani is saying.

Zarode
Apr 28, 2008, 02:45 PM
If that is a creative rant, then a gun to your head is the most creative hostage situation you have ever witnessed? http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_disapprove.gif

Sekani
Apr 28, 2008, 02:46 PM
For the record, I don't have a problem with anyone who spams C-runs; it really is the most efficient way to stay on the leaderboards. Go Spread Needle.

I just have a problem with people who act like they're doing the world a favor by spamming C and everyone else is doing them a disservice. Kills on all ranks count, and considering the goals I want to accomplish and the limited play time I have to get them done, C-runs would be an inefficient use of my own time.

Zarode
Apr 28, 2008, 02:52 PM
I can understand that. Heck, it's the reason why I'm not spamming C runs. I don't have a reason to, and I got characters to level and rares to hoard. They can have the shotgun, I got better things to do. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif The C-spammers can suck a cong for all I care, if they hate that. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

I'm just glad, as quick as they can do it, the kills get returned to the counter, so it's worth something to me later on.

I just hate it when you guys rip on those working for something they want, whether they are sacrificing needless time or money to do it. Let them do, what they want to do. You have no control, and have no equal right to complain. Just ride the wave, and be at least slightly supportive of them.

http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_disapprove.gif

ljkkjlcm9
Apr 28, 2008, 04:07 PM
I was going to return for MAG, until I found out we would have leader boards. It is quite possibly the worst thing they could've done. This is a community full of people trying to make themselves feel more important and show off their e-peen. At least half the people I met through this game fall into 3 categories:
1) Literally has nothing else to do so plays the game
2) Is a compulsive liar and nothing they say about themselves is true
3) Sucks in real life and is trying to make up for it by being special in the game

the other half of the players are good decent, normal people. Fact is, it's typically the liars/those who need to feel special that stand out. Some put me in this category, but I've just been outspoken my whole life. Going to a liberal, private school in MA, when you're a conservative... yeah, I became outspoken.

Leaderboards are the ultimate e-peen contest. While I know there are people on the boards that are normal and just play when they want to have fun etc etc, they're not the problem. It's all those people trying to be cool with it, which are the ones that run around saying stuff like, "You should only run C rank."

If I renewed, it'd be to have fun. But at this point, most of my friends quit and moved on, and now I play Smash Bros and Mario Kart with them instead.

THE JACKEL

Kylie
Apr 28, 2008, 04:32 PM
I'll play longer and get more kills if I play on S rather than if I play on C and get bored and burnt out of my mind. Plus, what's the incentive for me to just play C? I'm not interested in any of the prizes beyond the ruins unlock, so I'm not going to sacrifice myself and my own goals for the community. Sorry.

McLaughlin
Apr 28, 2008, 07:29 PM
I think a few people are only reading the topic title.

Kylie
Apr 28, 2008, 07:43 PM
On 2008-04-28 17:29, Obsidian_Knight wrote:
I think a few people are only reading the topic title.

To clarify things on my end, I read the entire OP's post. I was just agreeing a few more words than, "I agree." ;o I'm also tired of people saying we should do C, though I've really only heard it once or twice.

Darkly
Apr 28, 2008, 08:14 PM
im so disconnected with this game now-a-days, i can care less for whatever elitists want to jack to.

IN game i really don't think i have come across more than 2 elitists during the 3 r so hours i have played of mag, so i suppose this topic mainly applies to the handful at the top right?

edit: THE MOATOOB GUYS WON'T SOMEBODY PEASE THINK OF THE MOATOOB??!?!??!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Darkly on 2008-04-28 19:49 ]</font>

Powder Keg
Apr 28, 2008, 09:42 PM
GTFO NEUDAIZ!

http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif

Noblewine
Apr 28, 2008, 10:23 PM
What's wrong with exploring A and S. It challenging and make the game fun regardless that 100+ players are grinding C so they can come close to getting the spread needle.

CelestialBlade
Apr 28, 2008, 10:42 PM
Epic post.

I'm actually fine with leaderboards because it's got people playing again and it's not so lonely around the game, I just have no intention on dealing with the killcount leaderboard. I don't care that people strive for it, but I ask that people not mind that I want to do S-runs mostly so I can get EXP and a challenge.

Weeaboolits
Apr 29, 2008, 12:01 AM
I like the leaderboards in that we're more likely to reach the goal due to people's competetiveness, but dislike it in that it means I won't get a needle. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

I can't spam C, I get bored.

Neith
Apr 29, 2008, 06:50 AM
C-Rank is boring as hell. I ran it until my lowbie was at 25, and haven't touched it since.

The whole 'I spam C-Rank, therefore I am the saviour of this event' high-horse attitiude pisses me off.

If you want a Spread Needle and need to spam C, great, go for it.
If you want to rack up kills fast and need to spam C, great, go for it.
If you're telling people who aren't running C to run it, you're an asshat.

Run whatever you want for crying out loud, all kills count (and really, do Lv140+ mobs with reduced HP last long? No, they don't.)

To clarify, yes, I read the OP, so my points are not directed at it. I'm just as sick of these C-Rank spammers trying to cram everyone else into their way of thinking. When we get Ruins (and definately when/if get get Project DF), C-Rank games won't be as common anyway. Sorry, but I'd rather get EXP and a chance at Bulletdance/Tesbra/Paradi Cataract than work for a community goal which is still achievable in S-Rank anyway.

Seority
Apr 29, 2008, 10:17 AM
Another sad thing about leaderboards.
People come here and bitch about how bad it is, bu in game they go, "OMG TIDUS! OMG STARSLICER! YOU RULE! -sucks c**ks-" as if they are superstars. Pssh. Grats for playing the game a lot and spammin C. Happy you get your rare thingy and will probably only kill Fals once. Levelin alt and time attack runs, which reuire skill, for me kthx.

darkante
Apr 29, 2008, 11:18 AM
On 2008-04-29 08:17, Seority wrote:
People come here and bitch about how bad it is, bu in game they go, "OMG TIDUS! OMG STARSLICER! YOU RULE! -sucks c**ks-" as if they are superstars. Pssh. Grats for playing the game a lot and spammin C. Happy you get your rare thingy and will probably only kill Fals once. Levelin alt and time attack runs, which reuire skill, for me kthx.

I donīt care about them either.
To me, they are just one of the crowd.
Nothing more nothing less.

Raine_Loire
Apr 29, 2008, 12:10 PM

Then lets do the opposite here.

"OMG the top 5 people all pay small, poor children from underprivileged countries to do nonstop C runs for them over and over... and they only give them a penny per run. OMG they suck!!!!"

Sekani
Apr 29, 2008, 12:26 PM
On 2008-04-29 10:10, Raine_Loire wrote:

"OMG the top 5 people all pay small, poor children from underprivileged countries to do nonstop C runs for them over and over... and they only give them a penny per run. OMG they suck!!!!"

Ema actually pays ten cents per run. That Tidus though... man, what a cheap bastard.

But seriously, leaderboard hate is counter-productive.

Alizarin
Apr 29, 2008, 01:06 PM
On 2008-04-29 10:26, Sekani wrote:
But seriously, leaderboard hate is counter-productive.

Now there's a statement I'll agree to.
Forget questioning intentions, motives, and suspicions. Forget forcing people to something that would be equated to being a chore. Just run the missions and enjoy the event as we were intended to.

Seority
Apr 29, 2008, 01:12 PM

How is that any different? I'm not talking about the cheaters that some are and the sad ones who are working hard for, what I think, is a retarded purpose and getting beaten by the cheaters.
I'm upset at those who acctually praise their names yet complain that the whole leaderboards thing is garbage. Kinda like walking into your friends house while he's wearing a NFL shirt with a foam finger watching football then stating, "I don't really care for it. It's acctually quite a dumb game."
Just very contradictive.

Chuck_Norris
Apr 29, 2008, 02:51 PM
On 2008-04-28 22:01, Ronin_Cooper wrote:
I like the leaderboards in that we're more likely to reach the goal due to people's competetiveness, but dislike it in that it means I won't get a needle. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

I can't spam C, I get bored.

Pretty much what he said. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_disapprove.gif

Raine_Loire
Apr 29, 2008, 05:06 PM
On 2008-04-29 11:12, Seority wrote:

How is that any different? I'm not talking about the cheaters that some are and the sad ones who are working hard for, what I think, is a retarded purpose and getting beaten by the cheaters.
I'm upset at those who acctually praise their names yet complain that the whole leaderboards thing is garbage. Kinda like walking into your friends house while he's wearing a NFL shirt with a foam finger watching football then stating, "I don't really care for it. It's acctually quite a dumb game."
Just very contradictive.

I wasn't talking about cheaters either, it was sarcasm. My point is that I am the same in game, IRL or on the boards. So if I said it here, I'd say it in game.

But actually I don't care if people are 2 faced about it or not- doesn't affect me either way. I try not to get upset about 3rd party stuff.

Weren't there leaderboards in the japanese event? I thought there were but everyone seems surprised that they're in the US version.

Nai_Calus
Apr 30, 2008, 12:27 AM
I feel sorry for the people spamming C.

MAG was fucking boring even on S. C is even duller. I should know, I tried to place back during JP MAG. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

But, honestly, whether you like them or not they *are* contributing a large chunk of points, and will continue contributing them up until the end, even after everyone else gets bored and finds all their Tesbras and Tumas and whathaveyous.

But yeah. They're helping you all whether you like it or not, but... lawl.

Kion
Apr 30, 2008, 01:32 AM
Even if you want to be on the leader boards, there's not too much point in using your maxed out character. The enemies die pretty fast and you might as well transfer some PA's and use an alt. But if you really want to spend 1 month of your life pinned in front of a tv screen, not really accomplishing anything as the spread needle will be released normally later, then great. thanks for the kills.

Zorafim
Apr 30, 2008, 02:16 AM

Look at it this way. Those third world children wouldn't be getting those pennies any other way.

Powder Keg
Apr 30, 2008, 08:06 AM
All of your posts can be summed up into two words.

Just.............play.............

Seority
Apr 30, 2008, 01:04 PM
I'll make this nice and clear, just so everyone can see now.
I never said EVERYONE who is cheering for the leaderboard people ARE coming here and complaining about the leaderboards. I just stated that I DO dislike those who DO do that.
It's also kinda amusing to see, but anyway.
Jeez, it seems like stating my feelings on things in pso-world is becoming a crime. (reference to bunny ears:
Seo: -states feelings- I don't like them.
Random person: DUDE! HORISH SHIT IS EVERYWHERE! DEAL WITH IT!
Seo: ...my bad that I don't like them? o.0?)

SStrikerR
Apr 30, 2008, 07:46 PM
I'm rarely playing this event at all. I have many reasons why.

A. Lag
B. Hunew clothes have been..I can't even think of a word to describe how bad they are now.
C. EVERY episode 1 mission has been cut horribly short and takes 5-10 minutes.
B. Every place but the forest looks extremely crappy.
D. No pso creatures besides boomas, and they were released at the start of AOI.
E. No good drops whatsoever.
F. It's insanely easy to kill ANYTHING.
G. Sega calls this an event. I want these people to get off their butts and give us something that a first grader COULDN'T HAVE come up with in FIVE MINUTES!!!

Delete
Apr 30, 2008, 08:37 PM
I'm not gonna waste my time debating anything; either you agree with the title of this post or you don't.

If you agree, I hate your guts and hope Sega screws up billing your account so you can't play for a week. Then you die in a fire.

If you don't agree, enjoy your event free from the stress of "community" expectations.

Every comment you leave is usually insulting. All you say is stop complaining or stop whining, i think it would be good if you took your own advice for once.

SStrikerR
Apr 30, 2008, 08:56 PM
^Sekani's an asshole, get used to it.

Kion
Apr 30, 2008, 11:18 PM
Sekani is just awesome like that. He has a way of sparking argument / discussion with a bit of subtle humor.

On 2008-04-30 17:46, Ryan113 wrote:
G. Sega calls this an event. I want these people to get off their butts and give us something that a first grader COULDN'T HAVE come up with in FIVE MINUTES!!!

I give St alittle more credit than that. true a five year old could think of their crappy events, but putting it together takes a bit of effort. point made and it made me http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif.

Seority
May 1, 2008, 01:09 PM
I find Sekanis posts either really agreeable or just plain retarded. He probably say the same with mine XD

Weeaboolits
May 1, 2008, 04:36 PM
So let them puff out their chests, it doesn't make them look any bigger, so long as people are working toward the goal it doesn't really matter does it? Unless they harass me personally, I generally don't care.

In general, people's motives are never as noble as they'd like to make it seem, but so long as the actions themselves are helpful, it doesn't matter.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ronin_Cooper on 2008-05-01 14:39 ]</font>

Jainsea
May 3, 2008, 06:26 AM
I can see both sides, but imo,points are points. As long as they dont harass me into doing it, Im like meh. The event's boring to me as is, so Im not going to spam any C runs :
Before the ruins were unlocked I couldnt sit still and play maybe hour or two tops. I really dont know how they did it nonstop ._.

Broodstar1337
May 4, 2008, 06:00 PM
My game.

My way of having fun.

SStrikerR
May 4, 2008, 07:50 PM
I want the rewards of the event but daaaaaaaaamn man I get bored after 1-3 runs...