PDA

View Full Version : GCN Glitch or Rare monster?

polishedweasel
Jan 21, 2003, 09:50 AM
Ok, this has happened to me twice now. The giant EL Rappy in ultimate mode. Is it unique or just a funky glitch? I saw it first a few nights ago and then I saw it again last night. But I didn't gat to to kill it because I was slapped to death by a HIldelt. When I went back to that room, I murdered the giant monkey, but the rappy wasn't biggie sized anymore. can anyone explain this to me?

LordDez
Jan 21, 2003, 09:52 AM
On 2003-01-21 06:50, polishedweasel wrote:
Ok, this has happened to me twice now. The giant EL Rappy in ultimate mode. Is it unique or just a funky glitch? I saw it first a few nights ago and then I saw it again last night. But I didn't gat to to kill it because I was slapped to death by a HIldelt. When I went back to that room, I murdered the giant monkey, but the rappy wasn't biggie sized anymore. can anyone explain this to me?

I think it's a glitch because that used to happen to me a LOT...but I soon realized since I got nothing special from it that I could just slice off its head and be content. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Trugeta
Jan 21, 2003, 11:33 AM
this is just a glitch, cause i used to run into them all the time in PSO2 on the dreamcst and i never got anything special.

DDR is a great game. Dead End Maniac

Raist
Jan 21, 2003, 11:36 AM
its not actually a glitch, they are supposed to be there (Ultimate only) they just threw them in for variety.

UMMON
Jan 21, 2003, 11:37 AM
I don't think its a glitch, just another form of El rappy. I've seen a ton, and your right, they don't drop anything special, they just ate too much.

Kent
Jan 21, 2003, 11:38 AM
It's not a glitch, it's Sonic Team's play on the giant Rappy of a previous Phantasy Star (4?).

This also occurred in PSO Version 2 on Dreamcast, and there's no doubt that Sonic Team knows about it, so if it is a glitch, it would have been fixed when they made the GameCube version.

Neifan
Jan 21, 2003, 12:43 PM
The Al Rappies and the giant El Rappies are references to the Hunter's Guild Quest in PSIV called 'The Crooked Man'. Basically, you had to wade through hordes of yellow and blue rappies, culminating in a mini-boss battle with the King Rappy, a huge, fat rappy that could shoot sound waves from his antenna. If I remember correctly, the blue rappies tended to run away after you hit them.