PDA

View Full Version : GC: File Corruption

M00GLE
Jan 21, 2003, 12:03 PM
Has anyone had trouble with their player data being corrupted. I don't use cheats and only use Nintendo brand memory cards, in fact I wasn't even online when this occurred. A friend and I were going to play multiplayer mode when we got the error message. I love this game, but this is VERY frustrating. I worked hard for the few rares and the Nights download and now they're gone without a trace and I did nothing out of the ordinary. I don't suppose I'll have the opportunity to get the Nights download back till next Christmas. Any thoughts?

Ropponmatsu
Jan 21, 2003, 04:56 PM
When ever you play multi with 2 memory cards, the character data from slot B is moved to temp storage on slot A. If you don't move the data back to the slot B card after your done than the character will remain on the slot A card. You should check on your friends card to see if it has your temp character data.

M00GLE
Jan 22, 2003, 11:25 AM
Good tip, but his character is on my Memory Card because the poor soul doesn't have a Gamecube yet.

D-Seven
Jan 29, 2003, 01:25 PM
Does Sega have it out for me? Everytime i'm having fun and finding good stuff on PSO, i lose it all? THis is the 10th time my files have been corrupted. That's about 13 characters all gone. I wish i coulda just lost my loose stuff, not my characters!

D-Seven is my new name. I was formerly Dustin7.

I will be online leveling back up to and past 117, Sega just doesn't understand that it can screw me all it wants. I'll never stop playing that game until I feel like it. Not when the servers decide to take away my characters.