PDA

View Full Version : Guitar Hero III and the Les Paul Controller..

Neith
Apr 30, 2008, 05:02 PM
I used to own the Wii version of GH3, but once I heard the release date for Rock Band in Europe on the X360, I decided to sell it and buy the X360 version, and use the Guitar Hero Les Paul controller for both GH3 and Rock Band, once it releases in the UK (seeing as it's been confirmed as compatible with both games).

Aside from occasional unresponsive fret buttons (which were solved by pushing the guitar's neck further into the body), the Wii version was fine. But now, I'm having a hell of a job getting a bundle of GH3 for the X360 that doesn't have something wrong with it. My first bundle was sent back because the tilt sensor in the Les Paul controller was way, way too sensitive, and would even activate Star Power when the guitar was held in the horizontal position.

Thinking 'eh, I just got a dodgy one', I went back into town and bought a second bundle (after getting a refund on my 1st one). I've brought it home, and yeah, it has the exact same problem. I have to hold the guitar at a 30-degree angle, pointing at the floor, just so Star Power doesn't activate as soon as I get it.

I'm probably going to go for my third bundle tomorrow, but it's a little ridiculous when a bundle costing £65-70 here in the UK is so defective. I read up on the net about the Les Paul controller, and there's so many sites listing issues with them (fret buttons not working/picking up the wrong colours, over/undersensitive tilt sensors, loose detachable necks..)

What's even more annoying is that in the UK, I can't buy the Guitar Hero II standalone X-Plorer controller (it just isn't sold seperately here), and I've heard that the Rock Band Stratocaster is 1) not compatible wth GH3, and 2) even less reliable than the Les Paul.

Has anyone else here had problems like this with any of the newer GH controllers (or indeed the Rock Band peripherals?)

McLaughlin
Apr 30, 2008, 05:43 PM
My X-Plorer works fine, but a buddy of mine had his Yellow fret go on him. He didn't have any problem getting it replace though.

DreXxiN
Apr 30, 2008, 06:23 PM
I have a PS3 Les paul and it's horrible, it doesn't use PS3's bluetooth, so the wireless dongle = random missing. This also happens with 360. It blows, bro. I know it u_u

MetaZedlen
Apr 30, 2008, 09:19 PM
If only you would have went with the PS2 version...

The Kramer is golden

DreXxiN
Apr 30, 2008, 10:28 PM
Id' have gotten that version, but I enjoy the DLC.

Nitro Vordex
Apr 30, 2008, 11:00 PM
Heh, plastic guitars. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

Go w/wooden ones. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

Syl
Apr 30, 2008, 11:12 PM
And this is why the Wii version is my favorite http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

The Kramer... well, the buttons are pretty eh. Stick out a tad too much so you can't slide easily on the fretboard. The one I got for 360 is pretty good, the neck gets a tad loose sometimes though and star power can sometimes be very hard to activate via the tilt sensor :/

The RockBand guitar is pretty nice on the neck, but the strummer... lol. Too light and can get pretty unresponsive, not to mention almost everyone will run into the thing dying (namely, you can't strum down or up, I forget which).

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: SylviaEspada on 2008-04-30 21:16 ]</font>

Neith
May 1, 2008, 04:20 AM
Well, finally got a working Les Paul on my third attempt http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif At least the games store I got it from was pretty light-hearted about returning it.

Now to wait for Rock Band

DreXxiN
May 1, 2008, 06:52 AM
Anyone notice the Les Paul frets are WAY too hard as well?

The RockBand guitar is pretty nice on the neck, but the strummer... lol. Too light and can get pretty unresponsive, not to mention almost everyone will run into the thing dying (namely, you can't strum down or up, I forget which).

Return it, I have no problem with either.