PDA

View Full Version : My Real life pso story.

Skuld_0
Jan 21, 2003, 02:07 PM
this is a fairly long.. but please take time and tell me what you think http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Travis remembers pso: relived

Ahhh so many memories from this thing.... this is for me to recall things that made me ether
A) Remember back in the day when miss typing things was funny
B) Think about it
C) Cry because I don't have the x-box version.

Chapter 1 (intro)
For you who don't know, this game changed my life ... I lived on Ragol... everyday for 7 1/2 months I became good friends with Jaser because to that game... I hated nick Kay because of that game... it was awesome... this is the story that is going to be called "Travis's remembers pso: relived"

Chapter 2 (the beginning)
Start off by, almost 2 years ago my friend Trevor told me about this game he was getting called Phantasy star online. I didn't know much about this game at the time, it was before I got my Cable modem and i still had my old computer and a dial up connection and I was a pothead. ANY way... Trevor gets the game and at the time i was becoming great friends with Jaser.
Jaser had also been talking about this game called "Phantasy star online"... So I tell Jaser that Trevor got it and Jaser invites Trevor and me over one night...
This is when my life became almost complete. I saw the game in motion and realized that I was about to buy it. I don't really remember what happened after that... But in some form of events Jaser gets in then I get it .At this time i had the dreaded ISP of aol/CompuServe. I didn't know what the hell i was going to do... Didn’t have a isp and I had the greatest game on earth in my hands.. So I went up stairs and asked for my mom’s credit card and got EARTHLINK. No comment. That night I had Jaser, smoker mc drew, and my self at my house. I played and made my first character and experienced the greatest game on earth for more then 20 hours that weekend. Never did i think that i would cont. to play that game for 7 1/2 months and not stop thinking about it forever...

Break...

At the time PSO came out me and Jaser both had mythology at the same time... so we were getting cool names for our characters...We both got tired of them and used the internet to get our names that have so far stuck with us (Bolverk and Skuld)...You have to remember at this time Jaser had aol and Thayer played nexus and Jaser had one phone line and I had 2. And I had earthlink. The only way of commutation was through pso or aim. I didn't know his number... I remember fights with Thayer about the internet stabbing each other almost but not really yelling craziness at the Helu brothers house.. Moving on I got a brand new computer at the end of that month (Feb.) and called charter for something called pipeline? So I got it and canceled my earthlink account... holy shit what was I thinking I had no isp for pso I almost died... well everything became fine we somebody found http://www.dreamcastfun.com... that site saved my life for 6 months or so before it shut down...

CHAPTER 3 (beginning to early middle playing period)

This is when I became friends with many others that I knew, Alex Macon, sqwirl, and a few others. At this point I had Skuld level 50 something 150 hours + game play on this one character... and a few side characters level 10 - 30...At this point in time my like had become better, I stopped drugs and drinking and I didn't hang with those people anymore and I was happy and had almost 45 guild cards that I used to talk to people everyday. Only having ones I talked to at least once a day. . I have now witnessed what its like to play in Very hard mode now, and started having enemies couldn't have gotten this far with out my keyboard that I bought form game stop for 20 bucks.

Chapter 4 (School ends)
End of chapter
Chapter 5 (summer begins)

I started the summer off by walking home with Jaser with a mesh backpack and a dc, 3memory cards, a/v cable, power cable, keyboard, controller, and a cola form the vending machine at school. Went to Jaser that night and stayed there for 2 days... Thayer wasn't there i don't think so we had plenty of play online time, even though we divided it to 3 hours apiece or something, but it was cool i had to get all the levels open off line so none of us bitched. If Thayer was there he was playing Legend of manna, or breath of fire 3 or 4... From what I remember.

Chapter 6 (SIN)
One of the coolest things I ever took part in my life would have to be sin, not only was i apart of it, but also I co-owned this bitch. We, as in me and Jaser, spent 30 hours plus writing thinking and planning for the event on which set this clan straight. We spent at least 12 hours making weapons for every person that wanted to be apart of this clan. We made at least 70+ weapons that night. I spent 8 hours making a web site. Jaser and I spent countless hour’s arguing why Robbie should shut up. The name changed 3 times. Project SYN to SYN. To its final resting name SIN.
Chapter 7 (the Curtis experience)

GOOD lord... Probably one of the most weirdest thing ever. But after long hors of Curtis acting weird... Talking about how he hated his life and KiLLA turning the lobby upside down he mailed me and Jaser with the in game mail system and told us he was gay. ::cries::: end of chapter

CHAPTER 8 (The Almost fall of SIN)
People in the clan started to get mad because of stupid random bullshit and Robbie tried to start a faction and make his own clan. We reacted to this by trying to change our structure. We added jobs, levels, ranks; hierarchy and every person in the clan had his own page with facts info a character pic with level fav. weapon and all kinds of stuff. Everything worked out except the jobs and shit... We did away with that fast

Chapter 9 (The slow and pain full wait)
By the end of July and early august PSO v2 was delayed 4 times... we were supposed to have it at the end of June... (June (27th or 30th can't remember) So we went into a wait.. we didn't train much.. we just spent hours and hours getting ready for the "new" experience we thought we were going to have with v2. We cleared our banks... Kept few weapons compared to our normal at least 60 rares in bank... We only kept a spread needle and our fav weapons. We waited for months... August 1st was the new release date... pushed back to October 3rd...? Pushed back to the 27th... Pushed back to November 7th? I believe. . People please correct me. Anyways. Both me and Jaser paid for this game in game bucks plus a few dollars, we took in all our old stuff we didn't want anymore and got it... went home popped it in... I played offline for a while and then my dad got home with the credit card... I was happy I typed it in got my hunter license and got online. For once in about a month I was happy again. I did everything I could do within 12 hours to find all the new stuff… It was awesome. But it didn't live up to the expectations we were having... For such a long wait... we wanted new everything... We didn't get shit... none of the new characters no new levels... We did get new bosses though...

CHAPTER 9 (The really long long long no pso wait)
The worst thing happened... The free isp's went bankrupt... I had no isp and Jaser's dads wouldn't allow 2 at one time online. I got really mad afterwards and tired about 37 different free isps which none of them would work, and BLUELIGHT would only let you stay on for 5 mins... So it was pointless

CHAPTER 10 (The weather, Sound track, and Food)
Weather-67 degrees and a blanket.
Sound track-I can't remember everything but here it goes. Mega Midgit mix 1,2, and 3 ;Linkin park,A perfect Circle,SpineShank,Mudvayne,Fear factory,Slipknot,
Finger 11,DMX.. kidding, Cold,The striaght up cd,Seven dust,Stained,Not Limp bizket,Korn,and other please contact me and remind me.
FOOD-hummm pop tarts and cream soda at jasers's.. along with the Little bitty begals, and cheese toast, and banana nut muffins thingies, and star crunch, jaser's moms chili.. man that was the shit.. stupid bitch. my house.. almost the same things but with to fat things that ate it if we didn’t.

CHAPTER 11 (Areas of play)
The places that we most of the time played were my house for most play online because of the double phone lines, If I wanted to get some of the quest done, I would go to Jaser’s house cuz we had to stay offline only one at a time.. so i got some game play

CHAPTER 12 (The Release of the gamecube version)
No comment

CHAPTER 13 (the first 4 screens of the x-box version)
HAHAHAH... .. good thing i have an x-box .. uz its cooler the gamcube..

CHAPTER 14 ( )
" "