PDA

View Full Version : HELP! GF problem

wqewqe234
May 2, 2008, 06:16 PM
Okay, so my girlfriend was supposed to come over to my house today because I was going to go take her to a movie. She lives about 20 minutes away, and the movie we were supposed to see started at 4:15, which was in about 40 minutes. I figured "cool, I'll just play Pokemon while I wait".

So I'm playing Pokemon, and having a pretty damn good time. Anyway, she finally does show up, except she's crying as she walks into my room. Instead of doing the right thing by comforting her, I half-focus on my game and her. She starts telling me her cat died, and just as she was getting into it, I get into a random encounter in my game.

A shiny pidgey. Holy shit! I stare into my screen in amazement, yelling "holy shit, YES", interrupting her mid-story. She sobs more, and she starts to yell "You don't even fucking care! YOU JUST WANT TO PLAY YOUR FUCKING GAME!" I'm still looking at my screen, still focusing on catching my shiny pidgey, when she walks over, and tosses the game against the wall. I run over and pick up my DS hoping that nothing has changed on screen, and quickly noticed that she broke it. My system and my shiny pidgey, gone forever.

I start screaming every obscenity I know, and started flailing my arms around. I didn't know she was behind me, and apparently I backhanded her in the face while I was being a dumbass and swinging my fists around. She yells out "FUCK YOU", and runs out of my house in tears.

What have I done? I've fucked up so badly, and I need to know how to approach her. I don't want a game of Pokemon to be responsible for ruining my best relationship ever...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Dhylec on 2008-05-02 21:48 ]</font>

Retehi
May 2, 2008, 06:22 PM
On 2008-05-02 16:16, wqewqe234 wrote:
I was being a dumbass

Pretty much.

Sekani
May 2, 2008, 06:23 PM
Fail copypasta is fail.

Retehi
May 2, 2008, 06:32 PM
On 2008-05-02 16:23, Sekani wrote:
Fail copypasta is fail.

Oh so that's what it is. :/

AlexCraig
May 2, 2008, 06:38 PM
Yyyyeeeaahhh... I think real life is more important than a game. And if you honestly cared about her, you would have turned off the game as soon as she came over and you would have comforted her. So yeah, I'd have to say you made a dumbass move. And you would have to try REALLLLY hard to make it up to her.

Syl
May 2, 2008, 06:54 PM
Go back to /b/ kid, even there this copy pasta is stale http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

Zelutos
May 2, 2008, 07:00 PM
Uhm, considering you can CLOSE the DS and turn off the volume and set it aside. I'm thinking your girlfriend should be priority over video games.

You screwed up. I don't blame her for what she said and did. In fact, i think you deserved it.

stukasa
May 2, 2008, 07:22 PM
Just so that no one else is confused, this didn't happen to him. He just copied and pasted it from another website. Quite a tragic story though, isn't it? That's the problem with Pokemon, you gotta catch 'em all.

Monochrome
May 2, 2008, 07:29 PM

Holy shit! I stare into my screen in amazement, yelling "holy shit, YES", interrupting her mid-story. She sobs more, and she starts to yell "You don't even fucking care! YOU JUST WANT TO PLAY YOUR FUCKING GAME!"

You sir, with these sentences, have just summed up my entire life of relationship-experience..

gosh how many times have I heard this exact quote from a girl? At least you know they finally get it when they say this... yes..just wanna play the game, now GET OUT

My deepest sympathies for your loss. Girlfriends come and go, but Shiny Pidgeys ..are forever

Sord
May 2, 2008, 07:35 PM
On 2008-05-02 17:29, Monochrome wrote:

Holy shit! I stare into my screen in amazement, yelling "holy shit, YES", interrupting her mid-story. She sobs more, and she starts to yell "You don't even fucking care! YOU JUST WANT TO PLAY YOUR FUCKING GAME!"

You sir, with these sentences, have just summed up my entire life of relationship-experience..

gosh how many times have I heard this exact quote from a girl? At least you know they finally get it when they say this... yes..just wanna play the game, now GET OUT

My deepest sympathies for your loss. Girlfriends come and go, but Shiny Pidgeys ..are forever

your life is a copypasta? http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

AlexCraig
May 2, 2008, 07:42 PM
Ah. I see. Soooooo... why post this here?

Nitro Vordex
May 2, 2008, 07:46 PM
Attention whore/post count +1.

This'll be FKL's prolly. =/

Jaspaller
May 2, 2008, 07:50 PM
WOW that is old

Sord
May 2, 2008, 07:51 PM
On 2008-05-02 17:46, Nitro_Vordex wrote:
Attention whore/post count +1.

This'll be FKL's prolly. =/

3 of us regulars have already hit it, it shall be ours!

this thread will draw a card, I predict it to be

http://i195.photobucket.com/albums/z121/feisord/gotoFKL.jpg

AlexCraig
May 2, 2008, 07:52 PM
http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif *Saves pic*

Monochrome
May 2, 2008, 07:57 PM
Ok I actually read the whole post. Wow the ol 'accidental backhand' eh?

Well no one has actually answered this guy's question yet, so I'll take a stab at it and then everyone can quote me and call me a moron with sarcasm...

Taking everything you said at its word: Let her cool down for a couple hours. Then call her. No matter how pissed you are about losing your pokemon, DON'T bring it up. She may not answer, but maybe she will. She will probably be screaming most of the time. She will bring up your DS. She will want to break up. Don't get pissed. Don't attempt to blame her (for anything). Consider this: today is probably on her "worst day's of all-time list" and that was before your guys' incident. So yeah, apologize. It's all you can do to show you truly care for her. When she brings up the fact that you struck her APOLOGIZE FIRST, don't try to deny it. Accident or no, your hand struck her. Then --calmly-- tell her (only if this was the absolute truth) that it was inadvertant, unintentionally committed in your anger.

That's about the best I can think of --and if on the odd chance you actually follow this advice and it tanks, well ..um then I guess it was bad advice?

However if you do this and it turns out well for you, I accept Paypal. I'll pm you my user id http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

foamcup
May 2, 2008, 09:28 PM
That is just so awesome, I laughed when I read this. I even paused the game on Jammer Lammy to type this right now, and that means I have to restart the level. And yes, I felt like playing some Jammer Lammy this evening. Next time, put your shit into standby mode. It's easy, just close the system!

Sord
May 2, 2008, 09:34 PM
On 2008-05-02 19:28, foamcup wrote:
That is just so awesome, I laughed when I read this. I even paused the game on Jammer Lammy to type this right now, and that means I have to restart the level. And yes, I felt like playing some Jammer Lammy this evening. Next time, put your shit into standby mode. It's easy, just close the system!

holy shit, someone else who still plays? kudos to you.

Nitro Vordex
May 2, 2008, 09:38 PM
On 2008-05-02 17:52, AlexCraig wrote:
http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif *Saves pic*

foamcup
May 2, 2008, 09:46 PM
On 2008-05-02 19:34, Sord wrote:

On 2008-05-02 19:28, foamcup wrote:

holy shit, someone else who still plays? kudos to you.

OHAY SORD! Yeah I play it once in a while, there are high scores on this file from an old girlfriend. I need to get rid of those. -_-

JET BABY!

Toadthroat
May 2, 2008, 09:50 PM
The 'ol Shiny Pidgey copypasta.
Kudos to you, OP for knowing of such an ancient trolling technique.

For those of you not in the know...
Fixed. (http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&safe=off&client=firefox-a&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&hs=xr7&sa=X&oi=spell&resnum=0&ct=result&cd=1&q=shiny+pidgey+copypasta&spell=1)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Toadthroat on 2008-05-02 19:57 ]</font>

Nitro Vordex
May 2, 2008, 09:54 PM
On 2008-05-02 19:50, Toadthroat wrote:
The 'ol Shiny Pidgey copypasta.
Kudos to you, OP for knowing of such an ancient trolling technique.

For those of you not in the know...
Fixed. (http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&safe=off&client=firefox-a&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&hs=xr7&sa=X&oi=spell&resnum=0&ct=result&cd=1&q=shiny+pidgey+copypasta&spell=1)

DavidNel
May 2, 2008, 09:59 PM
WTF just happened?

Nitro Vordex
May 2, 2008, 10:07 PM
Stretched pages are streeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeetched.

VanHalen
May 3, 2008, 12:03 AM
On 2008-05-02 17:00, Zelutos wrote:
Uhm, considering you can CLOSE the DS and turn off the volume and set it aside. I'm thinking your girlfriend should be priority over video games.

You screwed up. I don't blame her for what she said and did. In fact, i think you deserved it.

Dude, its a shiny pidgey. When a shiny pokemon appears everything has to stop for you, even your love life.

Anyway great story http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif

darkante
May 3, 2008, 03:32 AM
Man, how can you even think of playing the game when your girlfriend is depressed for something?
Even if itīs the little things, itīs still important to show for caring.
Hope you get forgiven for you fault.

Jainsea
May 3, 2008, 05:55 AM
if this didnt happen to you, wth you post it? =.= and to the person this happened
to, your are an idiot. Just pause the damn thing/close lid, or um...idk..actaully listen to the girlfriend you "supposely" love? Games will always be there, and with stupid actions like this, your girlfriend may not be...

Raine_Loire
May 3, 2008, 10:11 AM
lol @ the copypasta...

Why are most of Nitro Vortex's posts just quoting someone else? Am I missing something?

Mysterious-G
May 3, 2008, 05:15 PM
Damn...
I readed that damn "Juliette" story...
Took me like 3-4 hours...
Ugh...
I feel like having read a Harry Potter in one attempt. x_X
Truly awesome, though. I nearly cried. >_>

VanHalen
May 3, 2008, 05:17 PM
My sister was rolling after I shown her this story. I wonder what happened to the person who actually wrote this thing? Also some of you people are missing the fact that a shiny pokemon > girlfriend. Its a written fact.

Mysterious-G
May 3, 2008, 05:21 PM
Well, the story is pretty fresh, so I am not sure if he ended or continues it.
But.. that thing is for real, isn`t it? >_>''

Wyndham
May 3, 2008, 05:22 PM
be creative, like me!
<_>
CHAMELEON FAAAAACE!

Toadthroat
May 3, 2008, 05:58 PM
Ok, I'm going to say this one more time.

This is not a real story. Its copypasta, this situation did not happen to the OP, or ANYONE ELSE for that matter. Its a story that is made specifically to get a response out of gullible fools, like this thread has so masterfully demonstrated. STOP REPLYING.

Wyndham
May 3, 2008, 06:22 PM
pork

FaLegendario
May 3, 2008, 09:44 PM
go to her haus

and say sorry

idiot.....

Ryosuke_Kura
May 3, 2008, 10:06 PM
This is the first time I read this, and I found it highly amusing.

Thanks for the post (b^_^)b

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ryosuke_Kura on 2008-05-03 20:07 ]</font>

washuguy
May 4, 2008, 10:45 AM
Dummy... This is exactly why girls hate guys, because of the men like you... FOOL!!!! LOL But seriously, its you're fault, and you better make this known.

darkante
May 4, 2008, 10:54 AM
On 2008-05-03 15:58, Toadthroat wrote:
Ok, I'm going to say this one more time.

This is not a real story. Its copypasta, this situation did not happen to the OP, or ANYONE ELSE for that matter. Its a story that is made specifically to get a response out of gullible fools, like this thread has so masterfully demonstrated. STOP REPLYING.

TC is a real ass then anyway.
For tricking people.